Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did any of you bother with the cheap games in Tesco?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Hrm. Must pop in later to see if I can get some deals :)

BTW, what Tesco were you in, in case it's only them?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

the one in Coonagh in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I picked up MW2 for a fiver a few weeks ago in Tesco Midleton (Cork)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Got a motion plus with red steel 2 for 5er as a set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

I got Dark Souls: Limited edition, Dead Island and Saints Row: The Third for PS3 for a fiver each so i won't complain. There so cheap i was even going to get Lego:Harry Potter! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

ripperman wrote: »
    I really wanted to get Silent Hill HD but didnt see a copy in my local shop.

You really don't want that. €1 to ruin your memories of a great series... or worse, completely destroy your first experience.

I've personally played them for a bit... just... disgusting. You could probably run the PC versions on a toaster and it'd play better so I'd recommend getting them instead. I have a custom xpadder profile for them if anyone wants to play em' with controllers, I can share the profiles.

I'll have to pop down the games section in tescos sometime. I stopped going there when I saw DMC4 still going for €30. Thought it was just traps for mothers looking to pick something up for their kids and get ripped off by games years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Got Little Big Planet for a fiver in Tescos Maynooth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Thanks a mill all who updated the thread, bagged me the following

Super Street Fighter IV - €5
    Bulletstorm - €5
    Bayonetta - €5
    Ratchet & Clank : A Crack in Time - €3

When you consider they got 10,9,9 and 7 respectively on Eurogamer alone that's one heck of a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

God bless this thread! Just picked up Bayonetta (PS3) and The Last Story (Wii) for €5 each.

I've been searching for The Last Story for a while. It seems to have held onto most of it's value since release. It was one of my Big 3 on my want list along with Xenoblade (Wii) and Chrono Trigger (DS).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

So far for the PS3, I got for a fiver each:
    Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Brink
    Mortal Kombat
    Bayonetta
    Castlevania
    Lost Planet 2
    LittleBigPlanet
    Dark Souls
    Dead Rising 2
    UFC Undisputed
    F.E.A.R. 3
    Condemned 2 (returned because it didn't work properly -update is shagged)
    Eyepet with Camera

And for a tenner:
    Silent Hill Downpour
    Hitman Absolution
    Vanquish
    Play TV

And for 3 euros:
    Resistance 2
    Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time

I was hoping to pick up Infamous 2 but haven't seen it anywhere yet although I think I've probably picked up enough at this stage. I've seen Borderlands 2 for a tenner in Mullingar if that's of interest to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Brink
    Mortal Kombat
    Bayonetta
    Castlevania
    Lost Planet 2
    LittleBigPlanet
    Dark Souls
    Dead Rising 2
    UFC Undisputed
    F.E.A.R. 3
    Eyepet with Camera

And for a tenner:
    Silent Hill Downpour
    Hitman Absolution
    Vanquish
    Play TV

And for 3 euros:
    Resistance 2

I was hoping to pick up Infamous 2 but haven't seen it anywhere yet although I think I've probably picked up enough at this stage. I've seen Borderlands 2 for a tenner in Mullingar if that's of interest to anyone.

Dark Souls for a fiver!? Where was this? Going to go all the tescos I know tomorrow.

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Dark Souls for a fiver!? Where was this? Going to go all the tescos I know tomorrow.

It's the Limited Edition version as well with the soundtrack CD and making of DVD in a lovely little box. I haven't opened it yet because I nearly don't want to, it's so nice. I saw it in a couple of Tesco stores - Athlone and Tullamore, I think but I think they're long gone.

Like I said, I haven't opened it but this seems to be what's inside it.

DarkSoulsLimitedEditionPS3.jpg

For a fiver...

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Brink
    Mortal Kombat
    Bayonetta
    Castlevania
    Lost Planet 2
    LittleBigPlanet
    Dark Souls
    Dead Rising 2
    UFC Undisputed
    F.E.A.R. 3
    Eyepet with Camera

And for a tenner:
    Silent Hill Downpour
    Hitman Absolution
    Vanquish
    Play TV

And for 3 euros:
    Resistance 2

Ah no! Does Condemned work at all? Picked it up in my Tesco haul over the weekend too!

ripperman wrote: »
    Ah no! Does Condemned work at all? Picked it up in my Tesco haul over the weekend too!

The update resets the PS3 without doing anything. You can play without doing the update but the sound is completely shagged (I think that could be only if you're going through a HDMI cable but I'm not entirely sure). There's a work around to the update someone has described online that involves plugging your PS3 directly into your modem and then unplugging it at the right time and then plugging it back in again but that's not practical for me at all so I just brought it back.

The update resets the PS3 without doing anything. You can play without doing the update but the sound is completely shagged (I think that could be only if you're going through a HDMI cable but I'm not entirely sure). There's a work around to the update someone has described online that involves plugging your PS3 directly into your modem and then unplugging it at the right time and then plugging it back in again but that's not practical for me at all so I just brought it back.

Ok cheers for the info. That's a shame, looks like I'll be bringing it back too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Just came across this thread! Anybody know if this is happening in the tescos in Dundrum or Stillorgan?!

On another note, picked up the standard edition of Dark Souls which I was happy enough with. Would have loved to have got the PS3 limited edition but didn't see it. One more Tesco to check tomorrow though, on my way home!

Just hit another Tesco and got LittleBigPlanet 2 and Assassins Creed 2 for €5 each. Not gonna need to buy another game for a long long time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

On the lookout for Dark Souls LE. Has anyone tried the Tescos in Clondalkin or Ballyfermot? It may save me a trip on the way home.

It's the Limited Edition version as well with the soundtrack CD and making of DVD in a lovely little box. I haven't opened it yet because I nearly don't want to, it's so nice. I saw it in a couple of Tesco stores - Athlone and Tullamore, I think but I think they're long gone.

Like I said, I haven't opened it but this seems to be what's inside it.

DarkSoulsLimitedEditionPS3.jpg

For a fiver...
    haha, I'm the same as i haven't and don't want to open my copy either. :D

• Advertisement

Just came across this thread! Anybody know if this is happening in the tescos in Dundrum or Stillorgan?!

I think it's on in all of them its seems so anyway.

Aye its been in every one of the 3 I've been in. Usually stand alone stands away from the actual video games, more so around the customer service area.

Latest haul was, Infamous 2 €5, Saints Row The Third €5, Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 €5, Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 €10, Assassins Creed Brotherhood €10, and Assassins Creed 3 €10.

Last 2 I want from the ones mentioned are Mirrors Edge and Dark Souls but haven't come across either yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Aye its been in every one of the 3 I've been in. Usually stand alone stands away from the actual video games, more so around the customer service area.

Latest haul was, Infamous 2 €5, Saints Row The Third €5, Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 €5, Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 €10, Assassins Creed Brotherhood €10, and Assassins Creed 3 €10.

Last 2 I want from the ones mentioned are Mirrors Edge and Dark Souls but haven't come across either yet.

Just had a look in Tesco Clonmel, Mirrors Edge is there for a €5. Other titles of note are super street fighter 4 and Soul caliber 5. Good few others there as well, didnt have a lot of time though so only a quick look.

The only one I want is Infamous 2 and I can't find it anywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Ones I saw today for a fiver each while getting lunch:

Devil may cry HD collection
    Forza 4
    Wwe 13
    Castlevania lords of shadow
    Ufc 3
    Paper Mario
    Super Mario galaxy 2 boxset
    Yakuza 4
    Killzone 3
    Resistance 3
    Resident evil racoon city
    Last story on Wii
    Metroid prime collections
    Infamous
    God of war for ps3
    Mario kart with wheel

Wii motes with motion plus for a tenner also.

Might be of interest to you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mario Galaxy 2 for a fiver?! I must get it if I see it and I havent used my Wii in about a year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Tinie wrote: »
    Ones I saw today for a fiver each while getting lunch:

Devil may cry HD collection
    Forza 4
    Wwe 13
    Castlevania lords of shadow
    Ufc 3
    Paper Mario
    Super Mario galaxy 2 boxset
    Yakuza 4
    Killzone 3
    Resistance 3
    Resident evil racoon city
    Last story on Wii
    Metroid prime collections
    Infamous
    God of war for ps3
    Mario kart with wheel

Wii motes with motion plus for a tenner also.

Might be of interest to you guys.

The Metroid Prime boxset? What Tesco was that?

krudler wrote: »
    Mario Galaxy 2 for a fiver?! I must get it if I see it and I havent used my Wii in about a year

Yeah it was this box set with a DVD and guide. Couple more copies left also in the Waterford store I got it in.

The Metroid Prime boxset? What Tesco was that?

Tesco ardkeen. The one with the 3 games in one package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Picked up Lost Planet 2, Deus Ex HE, Alpha protocal (not sure if any good) and Bayonetta

Great for only €20 quid!

There was 20+ copies of Beatles Rockband :P

Advertisement