Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Tesco selling off loads of games for 5 euro in Lisduggan Waterford so not sure if nationwide. Picked up limited edition of dark souls for XBox 5 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Tesco selling off loads of games for 5 euro in Lisduggan Waterford so not sure if nationwide. Picked up limited edition of dark souls for XBox 5 euro.

yeah, same in Drogheda, 5 and 10 euros.
    Not many titles for PS3, but I got The Syndicate, Dungeon Siege III for 5 euro each, and Goldeneye reloaded for a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lots of cracking old EA games are for sale on GOG.

http://www.gog.com/promo/ea_weekend_promo_180414

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

"Origin.com is offering their Battlefield: 1942 (PC Digital Download) for Free through their Origin Client."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Allyall wrote: »
    "Origin.com is offering their Battlefield: 1942 (PC Digital Download) for Free through their Origin Client."

still unable to claim their dead space freebie!

sweetie wrote: »
    still unable to claim their dead space freebie!

I have it. No problems with playing it. I think I had to link it with Steam? I can't remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Oddly enough, this didn't show up in the client itself. While I'm here though I'd might as well point out that Mass Effect 3 is a fiver on Origin at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Worked through the client for me. I searched the game specifically rather than a page with the deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,843 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Flash sale on US psn. Games for 99 cent. Stuff like braid, the crash and spyro ps1 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Tesco seem to be doing another clearence sale on Wii, DS and 3DS games. Was in my local (bettystown) and they had a big bin filled with games going from 3-10 euro.

Notable titles include - Metroid: Other M, Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart Wii going for 10. One of the Animal Crossing games were going for 5 aswell.

The rest was all shovelware games that I can't remember. And unfortunately none of the games going were on gamestop's trade 2 for a 9.99 new release deal.

Might be worth having a look in your own tesco's you might have better luck than I with your bargains!

4 Free games by Black Shell
    To honor SanctuaryRPG's official release, all games are 100% off for this weekend only!

http://itch.io/s/202/100-off-release-weekend-sale
    SanctuaryRPG is a critically acclaimed strategic turn-based monster slaying and dungeon crawling adventure set in the retro ASCII-art world of Sanctuary. The game is FREE to download and play to your heart's content. Drawing inspiration from Japanese RPGs and Roguelikes, we have poured over 10,000 hours of meticulous work into this game. Every aspect is designed to offer a compelling and replayable gameplay experience. With dynamic combat, hilarious dialogue, and plenty of weapons at your disposal, this is truly one of the most ambitious ASCII-art RPGs of 2014.

Ayrton is a turn-based ASCII racing simulator designed to test both your patience and your skills. We developed Ayrton for a game jam, and decided to add a couple features before releasing it out to the public! It is definitely a rage-inducing game, but once you get the hang of it, you might just enjoy yourself!!

Silent Vac is a stealth-action roguelike currently in Early Access Alpha. This game has been in production for over half a year, but we're finally putting it out there for you guys to enjoy! If you buy an alpha copy of this game, you get it for cheaper than its full price! Plus, every purchase gets us one step closer to having a solid, polished game for you to play.

Blue Whale Save A game about following orders. You must save the whales. Blue Whale Save was developed for a game jam, purpose is now being fully released! It seems like a simple game, but once you break it down it's far from that. Save 500 whales and you will discover a chilling truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

This still on? I'm devestated!! :(

Greenmangaming have some great games on sale now: AoE 2, AoE 3, Fable, Thief (66% off)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

This still on? I'm devestated!! :(

Greenmangaming have some great games on sale now: AoE 2, AoE 3, Fable, Thief (66% off)

Tempted to get Fable, developing a financially annoying habit of buying games I already own in CD/DVD format just in case I ever lose them. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Try the CD Code in the Steam Redeem Game think. Might get a pleasant surprise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Try the CD Code in the Steam Redeem Game think. Might get a pleasant surprise.

Tried with mine a few years ago, wasnt valid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Tropico 4 Collectors Bundle only €5.99 85% off on steam at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Someone posted this
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00I9WV32K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1398036470&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165
    It's the xbox one titanfall bundle for 422 euro but it's cheaper than the xbox on its own is this because it doesn't have a disc drive or does it have one and it's on sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    Someone posted this
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00I9WV32K/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1398036470&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165
    It's the xbox one titanfall bundle for 422 euro but it's cheaper than the xbox on its own is this because it doesn't have a disc drive or does it have one and it's on sale?

Of course it has a disk drive. All Xbox ones have.
    Titanfall is prob gotten via a redeemable code then downloaded, not given on a disk.

Not sure what your trying to say at the end, is what on sale?

• Advertisement

SouthPark the Stick of Truth on Xbox and PS3 for €22.35 delivered and not so good on PC (€43.39) -
    http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=South+Park%3A+The+Stick+of+Truth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

SouthPark the Stick of Truth on Xbox and PS3 for €22.35 delivered and not so good on PC (€43.39) -
    http://www.zavvi.com/elysium.search?search=South+Park%3A+The+Stick+of+Truth

For PC it's €23 here: https://www.g2a.com/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-cd-key.html

That's where I got it. I don't think it's a sale, it's just a decent price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

For anyone interested Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is going cheap on both Steam (€5) and Amazon.com ($5) at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Not sure how often it can be used but just got emailed a 20% Off Code for Green Man Gaming as part of the Dark Souls 2 promo.

OFU76E-1C6RHK-OX6OMC [sorry not sure if O or 0]

Apparently can be used on anything over $10 - Expires on Friday 25th

Not sure how often it can be used but just got emailed a 20% Off Code for Green Man Gaming as part of the Dark Souls 2 promo.

OFU76E-1C6RHK-OX6OMC [sorry not sure if O or 0]

Apparently can be used on anything over $10 - Expires on Friday 25th

Got the exact same code so I presume it can be used by anyone any number of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

For anyone interested Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines is going cheap on both Steam (€5) and Amazon.com ($5) at the moment.

If anyone is on the fence, please post why, and I'll do my best to convince you to buy this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

It's a fantastic game, it's been yonks since I played it last and I completed it without any of the unofficial patches which have apparently helped the game al ot so bought a copy last night and will download the unofficial patch to replay it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I needed the unofficial patch in order to get it working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I think it was a mixed bag of issues that people experienced, there was a certain point in the game that was bugged for me (years ago), a boss battle I think. I had to keep retrying but I eventually got passed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Bought Timeshift from Amazon for $5. Registers with Steam. Always wanted to play it when it came out and got above average reviews. Cant really go wrong for that price.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2UDVSI

A couple of others there for the same price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Bought Timeshift from Amazon for $5. Registers with Steam. Always wanted to play it when it came out and got above average reviews. Cant really go wrong for that price.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2UDVSI

A couple of others there for the same price.

I'd recommend singularity too, enjoyed both quite a bit and they share similar elements, although singularity is also quite bioshock-y.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

sweetie wrote: »
    I'd recommend singularity too, enjoyed both quite a bit and they share similar elements, although singularity is also quite bioshock-y.

was just going to say it Timeshift is not great but Singularity is really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lyrical

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad is free for the next 24 hours just click install

http://store.steampowered.com/app/35450

(For some reason I can't add links)

You need to have 50 posts before you can post links, Lyrical (new anti-spam measure).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Couldn't recommend Singularity enough. Loved that game that went almost completely under the radar since Activision refused to give it the platform it deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Tesco Maynooth have a games clearance at the moment with titles for €10 and €5, including Darksiders, Duke Nukem: Forever, Call of Duty: Black Ops, Vanquish, Alpha Protocol, Bayonetta, Red Faction, Bioshock 2 and others.

Might be a store-wide thing but it's defo in Maynooth anyway. Hopefully they'll be changing up the games on offer, they seriously need to mark down some of their old crap or it'll be there forever. Nobody's gonna buy bloody Football Manager 2009 for the PSP at its original RRP!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 165 ✭✭Doublelime

Sure there's no point buying ps3 games now, because playstation now is coming out in the summer for the USA and maybe Europe. You can just use a USA account to use it anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Doublelime wrote: »
    Sure there's no point buying ps3 games now, because playstation now is coming out in the summer for the USA and maybe Europe. You can just use a USA account to use it anyway.

Any word on fees/subscriptions for it yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Doublelime wrote: »

It won't be out in eurooe until early 2015 at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Konflikt2K11

Is ARMA 3 cheap anywhere?

Is ARMA 3 cheap anywhere?

€29.99 for the digital deluxe edition on GreanManGaming is the only thing I can see at the moment. Use the code OFU76E-1C6RHK-OX6OMC to bring that price down to €23.99.

The code is only valid until the 25th, and I'm not 100% sure if it can be used on an item already on sale.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/shooter/arma-iii-limited-deluxe-edition/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭Glebee

€29.99 for the digital deluxe edition on GreanManGaming is the only thing I can see at the moment. Use the code OFU76E-1C6RHK-OX6OMC to bring that price down to €23.99.

The code is only valid until the 25th, and I'm not 100% sure if it can be used on an item already on sale.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ie/en/pc/games/shooter/arma-iii-limited-deluxe-edition/

Been keeping on eye on that site and its been out of stock for a while.

Came across this site
    http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Arma-3-Steam-CD-Key.html

Its a region free copy for €14. Anybody ever us them???

Glebee wrote: »
    Been keeping on eye on that site and its been out of stock for a while.

Came across this site
    http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/products/Arma-3-Steam-CD-Key.html

Its a region free copy for €14. Anybody ever us them???

Never even noticed it was out of stock. As for that site as soon as you check "Region Free" the price jumps to €36.45 and as far as I'm aware activating a russian region product on steam using a vpn is just asking for trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭Glebee

Never even noticed it was out of stock. As for that site as soon as you check "Region Free" the price jumps to €36.45 and as far as I'm aware activating a russian region product on steam using a vpn is just asking for trouble.

Agreed, better to stay away vpns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I bought South Park using a VPN and it works but booting up the game I either have to use the VPN again or re-click many times before it allows me in. The annoyance is enough to put me off ever buying a game via VPN again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Anyone know any good places to get fifa 14 cheap. My local Cex store is out of stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭mcw92

Anyone know any good places to get fifa 14 cheap. My local Cex store is out of stock

Arnt all Cex ones second hand meaning you'd need to buy an online pass then?

Cheapest I see is 39.99 in gamestop. assuming you meant PS3 or Xbox.

Good humble weekly sale (shame I have over half of them)

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Beat the average:

Thomas Was Alone
    Puzzle Bots
    Dustforce
    VVVVVV
    Cave Story+

Pay $6 or More:

Reus
    Limbo
    Cthulhu Saves The World
    Mutant Mudds Deluxe
    Lone Survivor
    Element4l

Pay $10 or More:

Teslagrad

Physical items (T-Shirts, Keyrings etc.) for $40 and $100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

http://www.xvmarketplace.ie/FIFA-14/Movies-Games/pd/58909 360
    http://www.xvmarketplace.ie/FIFA-14/Movies-Games/pd/58908 ps3
    mcw92 wrote: »
    Arnt all Cex ones second hand meaning you'd need to buy an online pass then?

No online pass required anymore as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

https://gumroad.com/l/CTUc/reddit

Free rocket building game, 200 free copies, may be gone already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lyrical

There is a nice bundle on blinkbundle.com (can't add urls) including some games that have only been released in the past few months.All the games have trading cards too.

$1.99
    - Bad Hotel
    - Gravity Badgers
    - Really Big Sky
    - Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe
    - To The Moon

$4.99
    - Dead Hungry Diner
    - Ku: Shroud of Morrigan
    - Major Mayhem
    - Oknytt
    - Saturday Morning RPG
    - Skyward Collapse
    - Unearthed
    - Vanguard Princess

There is also two extra games to be added to the bundle one at each tier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement