Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you part 479

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Dramatik wrote: »
    The delivery man that rams his trolly into the door of my shop when he delivers stuff rather than backing into the door and opening it with his back like the other delivery men. I have a wooden door and this ruins the bottom of the door :mad: I've to look out for when he's coming now so I can open the door in time, before he rams the **** out of it.

One morning when you're expecting him, put rubber matting at the point where he hits the door (to protect it) and then lock it.
    Should send a good shock right through his body

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Being back in work :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I was looking forward to the new series of Vikings starting next week, then I realised I've already seen that one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Every driver who drove with lights off, on the wrong side of the road and too fast with the foggy conditions this morning.
    Ghost cars everywhere this morning.

No dessert spoons at breakfast, no soup spoons at lunch. What do they think I am, some kind of animal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I want to go out and get some lunch but I only have notes and no change for the bus. Sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When the music in a documentary is so loud it's almost impossible to hear the narrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I was looking forward to the new series of Vikings starting next week, then I realised I've already seen that one.

Are you talking about Season 2 or 3? Cause I actually didn't even realise Season 3 was airing at the minute (i don't watch that much TV) so this post brought it to my attention and now I realise I can get 5 of the 9 Season 3 episodes this evening.

Trivially annoyed that I got a sandwich made in the work canteen and the guy just slapped 2 big bits of butter onto one side of the bread, didn't bother spreading it in and then went "And?", I don't think I was channelling my unimpressed face very well..... F**KING SPRAD THE BUTTER IN PROPERLY ON THE BREAD GOD DAMN IT !!!! I DON'T WANT ONE MOUTHFULL OF BUTTER AND THEN 8 MOUTHFULSL OF DRY BREAD!!! GAGAGGRRGRGGHHGHGHHG

Cormac... wrote: »
    Are you talking about Season 2 or 3? Cause I actually didn't even realise Season 3 was airing at the minute (i don't watch that much TV) so this post brought it to my attention and now I realise I can get 5 of the 9 Season 3 episodes this evening.

Trivially annoyed that I got a sandwich made in the work canteen and the guy just slapped 2 big bits of butter onto one side of the bread, didn't bother spreading it in and then went "And?", I don't think I was channelling my unimpressed face very well..... F**KING SPRAD THE BUTTER IN PROPERLY ON THE BREAD GOD DAMN IT !!!! I DON'T WANT ONE MOUTHFULL OF BUTTER AND THEN 8 MOUTHFULSL OF DRY BREAD!!! GAGAGGRRGRGGHHGHGHHG

I'm up to season 3 but it's season 2 that's starting on History, even though when I Googled it, it said season 3 was starting on History:confused: Oh, well, I'll just have to download em.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Every driver who drove with lights off, on the wrong side of the road and too fast with the foggy conditions this morning.
    Ghost cars everywhere this morning.

And it always seems to be grey cars without lights!!

In my head I imagine those drivers saying " I wonder why everybody else is driving with lights on? Idiots"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

When the fúcking toll thinks I've thrown €1.40 into the bucket thing, when I've actually thrown €1.90.

Meaning I have to search for another 50c while a queue builds up behind me.

Twice this week it's happened.

Bastards. :mad:

(Yes I know I could get one of those tag things but I only use the toll road twice a week and it's hardly worth it).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'm up to season 3 but it's season 2 that's starting on History, even though when I Googled it, it said season 3 was starting on History:confused: Oh, well, I'll just have to download em.

Please don't tell me it's not Season 3 starting next Tuesday night ?? I've been getting all excited watching the ads, helloooo Ragnar :) Oh I will be more than trivially annoyed:(
    Hellooo shiny new thread, I thought I was going to have to start therapy! My TA today , automatic doors that aren't quite automatic enough so you nearly collide with them. Pfffffftttt !

73Cat wrote: »
    Please don't tell me it's not Season 3 starting next Tuesday night ?? I've been getting all excited watching the ads, helloooo Ragnar :) Oh I will be more than trivially annoyed:(
    Hellooo shiny new thread, I thought I was going to have to start therapy! My TA today , automatic doors that aren't quite automatic enough so you nearly collide with them. Pfffffftttt !

Nope, is definitely season 2 starting next week.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Aglomerado wrote: »
    When the fúcking toll thinks I've thrown €1.40 into the bucket thing, when I've actually thrown €1.90.

Meaning I have to search for another 50c while a queue builds up behind me.

Twice this week it's happened.

Bastards. :mad:

(Yes I know I could get one of those tag things but I only use the toll road twice a week and it's hardly worth it).

It usually pukes rejected coins into the little cup thing further down. I made 60c the other week "raiding" that on the M8, after the bastid thing rejected a 20c coin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I've said it before (and will probably have to say it again :() but dipshits who don't know how to drive on to a roundabout - stuck for at least 60 interminable seconds behind an idiot who wouldn't enter until every single car at 12 O'Clock and 3 O'Clock junctions had cleared even though they were being blocked by traffic from the 9 O'Clock junction and he therefore had the right of way.

I've said it before (and will probably have to say it again :() but dipshits who don't know how to drive on to a roundabout - stuck for at least 60 interminable seconds behind an idiot who wouldn't enter until every single car at 12 O'Clock and 3 O'Clock junctions had cleared even though they were being blocked by traffic from the 9 O'Clock junction and he therefore had the right of way.

You were there how many hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

dub_skav wrote: »
    You were there how many hours?

It felt like several weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

jimgoose wrote: »
    It usually pukes rejected coins into the little cup thing further down. I made 60c the other week "raiding" that on the M8, after the bastid thing rejected a 20c coin. :D

I learnt that this morning...afterwards!!! I'll be raiding it next week!
    I'm getting that € back... FIGHT THE SYSTEM!

(Really annoyed that I was "That slowpoke eejit" at the toll this morning through no fault of my own. )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

TA that there is so much advertising on kids tv. The 4 year old only watches about 30 mins of Nick Jr a day, but 10 mins of that is advertising....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Chopping onions that are REALLY strong and burning the eyes off me.
    I had watering eyes, tears blurring my vision and the stinging! Oh, the stinging!
    Couldn't see for ages and of course mascara leaked into said eyes and made things more sting-ier.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

When you are desperately in need of a wee and someone is taking their time in the bathroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Smurph90

Meetings in work that take the guts of 45 mins that could easily be done in 5 mins max. Standing around the bosses office like a gob****e waiting to get back to work.

Email tennis with co workers in different time zones that take days to get an actual answer.

No clean spoons in the kitchen in work.

Coworkers who talk about work and ask work questions when your eating youre lunch in the cafeteria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TA only discovering the new thread now, when I have forgotten the TAs of the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

KatW4 wrote: »
    When you are desperately in need of a wee and someone is taking their time in the bathroom!

Twice as bad when it's a shíte, the sink becomes a possibility :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Found a long lost buddy through Facebook that I hadn't seen or heard of since 1992, so finally we got talking on the phone, he is based in Scotland, but my mobile totally ruined the experience, all I could hear apart from my mate was my own lines being repeated after I said them, it drives me absolutely mad so maybe more than a TA. Is there anyway to prevent that dreaded echo that occurs sometimes in mobile calls its so bloody annoying.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

Found a long lost buddy through Facebook that I hadn't seen or heard of since 1992, so finally we got talking on the phone, he is based in Scotland, but my mobile totally ruined the experience, all I could hear apart from my mate was my own lines being repeated after I said them, it drives me absolutely mad so maybe more than a TA. Is there anyway to prevent that dreaded echo that occurs sometimes in mobile calls its so bloody annoying.

Hang up and try a different line.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Hang up and try a different line.

How do you mean, if I rung him again surely I would still have the same problem, I suppose I could buy another phone whenever I can afford one.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

fussyonion wrote: »
    Chopping onions that are REALLY strong and burning the eyes off me.
    I had watering eyes, tears blurring my vision and the stinging! Oh, the stinging!
    Couldn't see for ages and of course mascara leaked into said eyes and made things more sting-ier.:mad:

And you are fussyonion:D

If you stand with one leg ina bucket of water, wear a pair of goggles inside out, and keep a piece of coal in your pocket, onions will not sting your eyes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

When you spell something wrong in a post and edit it to the right spelling, but someone has quoted what you said with the wrong spelling :(

And your error is staring at you and you can't fix it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

kfallon wrote:
    Twice as bad when it's a shíte, the sink becomes a possibility 

You wouldn't!!! One bathroom sucks though in these situations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement