Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth Fitness Band €13.90 Delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I believe you can sync several days data at once so no need for constant Bluetooth connection.
    I've mine constantly paired with my one plus and have noticed no adverse effects on battery.
    I have mine paired with one plus and there is no difference at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

glasso wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that device over-reads a bit (will vary by person - I'd say 10% for me) by counting movements that are not steps. still great for the price.
    Ya I would say about 10% also

I went to bed at the other night and when i got up in the morning it was reading 38 steps!
    Also did a rough count of steps from my office to canteen and it reads about 10% over the actual amount of steps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭cjlawlor

I too noticed about a 10% inflation of the step count but there was an iOS update for the Mi Band app earlier and I think it seems more accurate now - at least when compared with the 5S' motion processor (read throughout the Fitbit app). Great device overall.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that the app update was accompanied with a new firmware update for the Mi Band itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

greendom wrote: »
    Lidl are doing one with a time display for €39.99.

Anyone seen heard any reviews?

I got one in lidl with time display for my son. It wildly overcounts steps (tested alongside the sony one, it counted roughly double), plus it popped out of the band and got lost wearing it on the narrowest setting. Id avoid it,if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bizi

Just now I opened the Mi Band English app and it offered an update.
    Now the app is version 1.2.922 (under the About menu).

After the app installed it also updated the Mi Band software via BT.
    I just noticed in the Mi Band app that there is a Band Store, noted under the Mi Band version. I hadn't noticed that before.

The app looks the same to me - no obvious new features yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Bizi wrote: »
    Just now I opened the Mi Band English app and it offered an update.
    Now the app is version 1.2.922 (under the About menu).

After the app installed it also updated the Mi Band software via BT.
    I just noticed in the Mi Band app that there is a Band Store, noted under the Mi Band version. I hadn't noticed that before.

The app looks the same to me - no obvious new features yet.

Chang log is listed here

http://en.miui.com/thread-53761-1-1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Bizi

Chang log is listed here

Thanks. I found after I posted and it covers both the official app and the Custom / tweaked version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Been following this thread since xmas!

Gonna take the plung finally ! Only ~14e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Casshern88

what kind of delivery time frame did people get on this ??

I place my order 1 Feb. current status in order tracking on site is "shipped out" been like this since 5th.

it also seems to have gone through "Sweden surface mail on 5th" . getting impatient now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Casshern88 wrote: »

I place my order 1 Feb. current status in order tracking on site is "shipped out" been like this since 5th.

it also seems to have gone through "Sweden surface mail on 5th" . getting impatient now!!

Mine was shipped Jan 13th and still hasnt arrived. I opted for the normal mail service so dont have any tracking information. hopefully arrives soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Mine shipped out on the 14th January and still no sign. Don't get too impatient. You could be waiting a while yet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

getting impatient now!!
    That must be stressful!

Mine was shipped a month ago. You are probably better off forgetting about it and then just being surprised when it does turn up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

after 5 days you're impatient? you obviously have no experience with buying from China. parcel motel is the only way to buy if you want decent delivery times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Mine shipped on the 20th of January by NL Post, arrived today. It's much smaller than I expected. Thanks OP.

I'd allow for 4 weeks for delivery from gearbest. as another poster said, best not to stress over it - it will arrive eventually. although 4 weeks is a bit long but I'm pretty sure that it's being sent surface mail -> cheapest. mine was marked "China Post" on the packet even though it said something about "Singapore unregistered mail" on the site. a lot of other Chinese sites can get it to you in 2 weeks these days with decent airmail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, mine shipped on January 13th.. and still no sign.

I'll be getting onto them if it's not here before end-of-week I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭brevity

Mine arrived today! I ordered on the 11th or 12th of Jan.

Currently charging it up :)

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, mine shipped on January 13th.. and still no sign.

I'll be getting onto them if it's not here before end-of-week I reckon.

Mine shipped the same date. Will post here if and when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Ordered mine the 15th of Jan. It shipped the 17th of Jan and arrived today. I paid the extra dollar for the Netherlands post but not really sure if that made a difference. Suppose not too bad seen as some of you guys are still waiting.

Can anyone tell me does it detect when driving in the car? Or does it count that as a run/workout?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Did anyone get this working on a OnePlus one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

NTC wrote: »
    Did anyone get this working on a OnePlus one?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Yes.

I can't get it to pair via Bluetooth. Giving an error about incorrect code. Did it work first time for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

NTC wrote: »
    I can't get it to pair via Bluetooth. Giving an error about incorrect code. Did it work first time for you?
    Pair it with app not bluetooth settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    Ordered mine the 15th of Jan. It shipped the 17th of Jan and arrived today. I paid the extra dollar for the Netherlands post but not really sure if that made a difference. Suppose not too bad seen as some of you guys are still waiting.

Can anyone tell me does it detect when driving in the car? Or does it count that as a run/workout?

its not a GPS unit.

it detects movement of your hands/arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

I got mine after Xmas, ordered from the Euro shop and got the Piston headphones also.

I got 45 days out of the battery before charging and is handy that with the hacked app for notification.

Great little thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I recharged mine earlier this week. Was showing around 10% battery remaining after 40ish days use.
    Slight problem with this is having to remember where you put the charger seeing as you need it so infrequently!

Only niggle I have is if you sleep in several blocks it often fails to record them all. Won't be an issue for most I reckon but if I sleep 2300-0100, 300-500 and 700-1200hrs it may only show the last block of sleep.

Quick question for those who installed the tweaked app via the xiaomi forum. I side installed the version available in late December, went back in and noticed there were several updated downloads available this week. When I checked versions available and what I have installed it looks like my app has kept itself up to date. I haven't seen it update and it doesn't use the play store. Am guessing it quietly updates itself in the background even though not an official app. Can anyone comment and check what vdrdsion they're tunning compared to what they originally downloaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Pay the extra 1e for Netherlands Post...

I ordered 27th of January. Got it 10th Feb. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Hi all,

I was looking around other sites for this device and found it on TinyDeal which might be of some use to some of you.

It's €15.91 so not quite as good as the original post I made but still a fantastic price for this device.

Link is here.

Another thing I noticed on their site is that if you're buying a phone/tablet they have certain packages which come with a XiaoMi MiBand from 12/2 to 14/2 and you've a change of getting the whole order cleared. Link to that is here.

Pretty good deal if you happened to be buying a certain phone/tablet at the same time.

Judging by the amount of feedback on this thread this just might be of good use to some of you.

Kind Regards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Hi all,

I was looking around other sites for this device and found it on TinyDeal which might be of some use to some of you.

It's €15.91 so not quite as good as the original post I made but still a fantastic price for this device.

Link is here.

Another thing I noticed on their site is that if you're buying a phone/tablet they have certain packages which come with a XiaoMi MiBand from 12/2 to 14/2 and you've a change of getting the whole order cleared. Link to that is here.

Pretty good deal if you happened to be buying a certain phone/tablet at the same time.
    Good deal, but you're almost certain to get done by customs, so you'd have to factor that in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Sync

Ordered on Jan 31st and received it 5 minutes ago, got it through the NL post :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ast71ttr

So I ordered another band mi band from gearbest on Feb 1st and it arrived today but the box is much smaller this time and it fit through the post box. Should I be concerned about it being fake?

Mine still hasnt arrived, posted on Jan 13th so Ive sent them an email about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭emg74

Did anyone manage to get this paired to the Llandvo L200 ? I have a Jiayu G4s but getting message that Android version is 4.2. Have gotten the App on the Llandvo L200 or Is there a simple way to upgrade the version of android on my G4S (bearing in mind, that technology isn't my strongest point)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭racersedge

emg74 wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to get this paired to the Llandvo L200 ? I have a Jiayu G4s but getting message that Android version is 4.2. Have gotten the App on the Llandvo L200 or Is there a simple way to upgrade the version of android on my G4S (bearing in mind, that technology isn't my strongest point)

No. Never got it paired with my L200. I believe the phone lacks bluetooth 4.0 LE that it needs (but you can still download the app, just cant pair)

emg74 wrote: »

android 4.4 is needed for bluetooth low energy. you'll have to root your phone and install a custom rom. not a super simple process unfortunately - searching in xda forums and installs of drivers on pc and other software and then install on your phone after root - not a one-click process. google llandvo l200 android 4.4 rom and go from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,035 ✭✭✭✭Basq

adox wrote: »
    Mine still hasnt arrived, posted on Jan 13th so Ive sent them an email about it.
    Mine arrived today adox.

Mine arrived today adox.

Cheers for that. Hopefully mine is here before the weekend. I sent them an email abou it but they are away til the 24th because of the Chinese New Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Cheers for that. Hopefully mine is here before the weekend. I sent them an email abou it but they are away til the 24th because of the Chinese New Year.
    If its any consolation mine shipped the same date as yours and I still haven't received it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Got my one today shaped on 20th of Jan.

• Advertisement

Mine arrived today adox.

Arrived this morning.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Mine shipped out on the 14th January and still no sign. Don't get too impatient. You could be waiting a while yet :)

Got mine today. Missed the postman yesterday so picked it up from the depot this morning.

I'm liking it so far but I'm at work so won't have a proper chance to poke around. Does anyone know if it can prompt you to get up and move around every x mins? It's a common feature in the other fitness bands but I haven't seen it mentioned for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Got it yesterday, I ordered it cos the missus bought a pricey one, it's absolutely fine. Tracks steps, sleep etc. I like it and it was 10% of what her one cost that does the same :D

The vibrate when the phone rings feature is great!
    I`m on IOS so dont think there are notifications vibration.

Ok I`m really liking it so far but I am bit sceptical of the accuracy of the step counter. I literally got up and pottered around the house getting ready for work, up and down the stairs a couple of times, outside to defrost the windows on the car with some water, drove into work, parked outside the door in work, walked to my desk and I was already over 1000 steps!

Now its well out of sync with what my iphone is counting, although I didnt have my phone with me until I left the house. I`m wondering does it count steps when you are driving? I presume,looking at it, clutching, braking etc would all register as steps?

Ok I`m really liking it so far but I am bit sceptical of the accuracy of the step counter. I literally got up and pottered around the house getting ready for work, up and down the stairs a couple of times, outside to defrost the windows on the car with some water, drove into work, parked outside the door in work, walked to my desk and I was already over 1000 steps!

Now its well out of sync with what my iphone is counting, although I didnt have my phone with me until I left the house. I`m wondering does it count steps when you are driving? I presume,looking at it, clutching, braking etc would all register as steps?

allow for 10% over-read over the day for most people (due to driving, cleaning the windows etc where you're moving your arms in a fashion that could be picked up by the acceleromter as walking movement). Conversely it under-reads running in my experience. I think the main point of it is to give you a decent "guideline" overall and to show yourself up to yourself if you're doing feck all (shocking how little you do over a day if you drive to and from work :eek: - obvious but good to get this reinforced) . Also the sleep aspect is interesting and reasonably accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

guys can someone post the link to the apk file of the latest modded app

would realy apreciate it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

guys can someone post the link to the apk file of the latest modded app

would realy apreciate it :)

http://en.miui.com/thread-53761-1-1.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

The app is updated frequently, though, and usually bundles newer firmware for the band too.
    Your miui account works for the forum, so no signing up required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭racersedge

gerryk wrote: »
    The app is updated frequently, though, and usually bundles newer firmware for the band too.
    Your miui account works for the forum, so no signing up required.

For anyone having to self update the modded app - do you need to unpair the device before installing the newest verison? I have noticed that despite having an option to update the app in the menu, the app won't update (tells me I have the latest version.)

Don't fancy changing it until I am sure if the device needs to be unpaired prior to doing that. Thanks!

• Advertisement
Advertisement