Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Official launch will be tomorrow, stores will begin selling iDMobile from 9am tomorrow

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

For those on ID mobile, would you mind answering the following questions?

- If you are on a call for more then 1 hour, does it cut you off?

Reason I'm asking, 48 mobile, cut you off at the 1 hour mark, very annoying. Tesco Mobile doesn't.

- If your phone is off and you receive a missed call during that time, do you receive a missed call text when you turn the phone back on?

- Do they give any free web texts?

Will be interesting to see what their rates for international calls and roaming are. Devil will be in the detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

iD launching tomorrow morning :-) so so exciting #OFFICIAL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

CVB wrote: »
    iD launching tomorrow morning :-) so so exciting #OFFICIAL

Any spare friends and family sims?

*I know its cheeky but if you don't ask you don't get!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

bk wrote: »

I guess.
    - If you are on a call for more then 1 hour, does it cut you off?

No, this doesn't happen.
    If your phone is off and you receive a missed call during that time, do you receive a missed call text when you turn the phone back on?

I've not experienced this yet, but this may some live when fully launched.
    - Do they give any free web texts?

Not at present, but is highly likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Prices are epic and the choices, iD are going to clean up..

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Any one know the pay as you go rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You need to be signed up by midnight tonight to get the €15 f&f plan, is that correct?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I registered my friends and family sim but they still haven't emailed me. Any one know how long it should take?

I registered my friends and family sim but they still haven't emailed me. Any one know how long it should take?

I also registered mine and haven't had a mail back yet, it did say it could take up 48 hrs thou.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I also registered mine and haven't had a mail back yet, it did say it could take up 48 hrs thou.

As long as I don't miss out on the €15 deal they can take as long as they want.

As long as I don't miss out on the €15 deal they can take as long as they want.

Same here, I'll hold off switching over my number for a few days and see how their coverage is, sure I'll only be at a loss of €15 if it doesn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Same here, I'll hold off switching over my number for a few days and see how their coverage is, sure I'll only be at a loss of €15 if it doesn't work out.

i did the same, i still have my meteor sim in myphone and using the id sim in an old phone, using it as a hotspot till my meteor credit is gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

How do I get this Deal? I registered my interest ages ago. Does that automatically include me in it?

numorouno wrote: »
    How do I get this Deal? I registered my interest ages ago. Does that automatically include me in it?

No, you need to have been given a SIM card from someone working within the CPW group to avail of this €15 deal.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    You need to be signed up by midnight tonight to get the €15 f&f plan, is that correct?
    No, I'm trying to dig out the terms and conditions (they've been removed from the website pre-launch), but you needed to sign up before the 15th August.

No, I'm trying to dig out the terms and conditions (they've been removed from the website pre-launch), but you needed to sign up before the 15th August.

Not the case, they are still taking sign ups this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

I registered yesterday at lunchtime - took 24 hours for them to come back to me.

bk wrote: »

- If your phone is off and you receive a missed call during that time, do you receive a missed call text when you turn the phone back on?

Yes, got 2 for when I had phone switched off this afternoon.

It says the 20th for be.

• Advertisement

Not the case, they are still taking sign ups this evening
    Just to clarify, I am talking about the F&F offer.

As am I.

Me too.

That's strange. I was nearly 100% told on the phone and read on the T&Cs that it was the 15th of August. They must have extended it out.

That's strange. I was nearly 100% told on the phone and read on the T&Cs that it was the 15th of August. They must have extended it out.

Just to confirm, that when I signed up yesterday, the date on the website was the 20th.

Jaysus. Well, that's even better for the last minute registrars! :)
    Thanks for the clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

I can confirm launch date is tomorrow ! :-) very exciting ! It's finally here - after all the wait !
    iChoose iChange iDecide - you pick you contract you choose your minutes texts and data to suit you .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Jaysus. Well, that's even better for the last minute registrars! :)
    Thanks for the clarification.

If only I could get a sim! If any staff have spares don't let them go to waste.

I can confirm launch date is tomorrow ! :-) very exciting ! It's finally here - after all the wait !
    iChoose iChange iDecide - you pick you contract you choose your minutes texts and data to suit you .

id website down at the moment - should I keep an eye on it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You're worse than the FB updates.

Advertisement