Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How did you score in your last round...2015??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

37 pts in Dunmurry Springs in extremely windy conditions
    10 pars
    7 bogey's
    1 double
    37 putts
    FIR 71%
    GIR 67%

Overall happy enough but disappointed with two silly 3 putts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Superb round for me today. 15 hole comp, +1 for 39 points!

2 birdies
    11 pars
    1 bogey
    1 double

Could just do no wrong all day, short game was on fire. Sounds like I may have won the competition as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Played 10 holes 22 points
    fir 29% missed 71% to the right used to be 70%+ fir
    Gir 56% good considering my drives
    Messed with swing paying the price

Played really really well today
    Gross 72 (+1)

9 pars
    4 birdies
    5 bogey's
    FIR 70%
    GIR 50%
    Putts 27

+2 front nine , delighted to shoot -1 on back nine, 3 birdies put the gloss on it. Hopefully form stays with me when qualifying returns & I can get the handicap going in the right direction again.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

mafc wrote: »
    Played really really well today
    Gross 72 (+1)

9 pars
    4 birdies
    5 bogey's
    FIR 70%
    GIR 50%
    Putts 27

+2 front nine , delighted to shoot -1 on back nine, 3 birdies put the gloss on it. Hopefully form stays with me when qualifying returns & I can get the handicap going in the right direction again.
    Thats class well done, nailed on Barton cup call up i reckon, played in the Lakes Saturday morning in a gale. 13 bogeys a double and 4 pars this has really wrecked my par v bogey stat which i reckon is the most important indicator of how you are doing, am always trying to pull my par figure away from my bogey figure but 9 more bogies than Pars arrrgh.

• Advertisement

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Superb round for me today. 15 hole comp, +1 for 39 points!

2 birdies
    11 pars
    1 bogey
    1 double

Could just do no wrong all day, short game was on fire. Sounds like I may have won the competition as well.

Won the competition by 3 clear shots, happy days! Down to 9 now for the rest of the winter. It'll be a good test for my planned handicap by the end of the year :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Barnaboy wrote: »
    Won the competition by 3 clear shots, happy days! Down to 9 now for the rest of the winter. It'll be a good test for my planned handicap by the end of the year :D

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

+1 in my last round. 2 birdies and 3 bogeys (one of them a crazy one on a handy hole) and all the rest pars. Very steady stuff, hit 3 poor drives though, two of which cost me bogeys, I drive it fairly long and in fairness I'm straight most of the time but I always seem to hit 1 or 2 wild ones which can get me into trouble. Still though, very happy overall and can't wait for these winter rules to be gone and the journey to scratch can get up and running again!

81 strokes today for 36pts
    Played in a ***king gale, tough tough conditions but enjoyed it.

8 pars
    1 birdie
    7 bogey's
    2 doubles

Played solid enough in the conditions and very happy with my game at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

Winter League final today in Moate, played well on front 9 with 17pts but faded badly in the middle section and ended up with 31pts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Winter League final today in Moate, played well on front 9 with 17pts but faded badly in the middle section and ended up with 31pts.

Any good overall?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

First 18 hole and competitive round today in 5 months (generally don't bother with the winter and spring 12 holes leagues as I don't have the ability to shoot 30+ pts on 2/3 handicap and therefore be competitive). Anyway the conditions were tough with a gale blowing although thankfully it remained dry and mild so was interested to see how the winter practice and subtle swing change would fair out. Overall pretty happy with my ball striking especially with the irons and hit some nice shots including a hole in one on our index 18 which was playing down wind, ball pitched 5 feet in front of the flag and disappeared. That said I was pulling a good few drives left into trees and my short game was very weak resulting in a poor final score of 5 down in V-Par and some 10 shots off the winner.

Any good overall?
    Last person on our team playing tomorrow so I don't know yet. This was the first year we split the final over Saturday and Sunday (as suggested by various members) but the snow last week meant we had to play this weekend as well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

First round off the back whites this year yesterday, howling wind. Game of two halves with just a 3 over on the front for 22 points and ass kicking XX over on the back for a limped home 10 points, 32 points overall, ugly stuff

32 points through 14, 1 birdie 5 pars 6 bogeys 2 db.

22 putts helped the day, unfortunately one of them a 3 putt.

Great morning for golf :-)

Won it on countback. My second successive competition win. :-)

Funny old game
    33pts today in breezy conditions
    13 on front 9 with 2 scratches including an OOB, rallied on back 9 with 6 pars on the trot. Chip in for par on 14 after a dreaded shank but bogey's on last three put an end to my run.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Was out this morning with barnaboy in castle barna, yet another inconsistent round for me. Hit my first into the hazard running parallel to the first (1st time to ever do that) And that was the start of the bad golf. Scratched the second after a terrible drive again. Went on a run of pars and (avoidable) bogeys from 8 to 17 and finished as i started with a scratch after a terrible drive. Was only a couple over for this run. 😕
    The game is there, just to get it consistent!!!

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Was out this morning with barnaboy in castle barna, yet another inconsistent round for me. Hit my first into the hazard running parallel to the first (1st time to ever do that) And that was the start of the bad golf. Scratched the second after a terrible drive again. Went on a run of pars and (avoidable) bogeys from 8 to 17 and finished as i started with a scratch after a terrible drive. Was only a couple over for this run. 😕
    The game is there, just to get it consistent!!!

Game is coming together. Just need to relax! Too often trying to smash them into next week.....

Not a great day for me either. Struggled to get into the zone and then faded badly near the end. 31 points, worst score in ages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

31 points today is conditions that where surprisingly cold and windy. Two scratches caused by bad drives. Putting is just plain bad. New putter feels like the only solution just gotta explain that to the financial controller(wife).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

37 points on saturday in gale force winds :) Happy & sad round as the amount of putts I missed inside 4 feet was criminal! Overall very happy, swing good. 2 stupid scratches 1 out of no where on the first after a great Drive and second one just wrong club.

but Im and starting to see my hard work paying off which is good. (Thank god :D)

• Advertisement

Turns out with my 31 pts Saturday in the Winter League Final in Moate that I am on the winning team!

Also played yesterday in Killeen Castle. Lovely course but so tough. Very windy yesterday and was a little bit stiff from playing Saturday which didn't help. I had 24pts off 14 but I suppose it still shows I'm improving as I played there in 2011 and had 23pts off 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭slingerz

31 points thruogh 14 with 9 pars 3 doubles and a bogey

40 points in a casual round around Mallow today.
    1 birdie 8 pars 5 bogeys 3dbs and a scratch. 35 putts a bit disappointing, 2 3 putts in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

29 points for 15 holes. Not great, but grand. The day was mostly a day for trying out my new wedges and seeing which one suited best for which kind of shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

went out for a casual 9 holes which turned into 18 holes, had a strange day of it, was playing well without even thinking about it.and only after the round i seen that i broke my own course record of 79 with a gross 76, so net 66 for 6 under was delighted...

12 pars
    1 birdie
    5 bogies

now to try and keep it up for the season ahead...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Second round with the new sticks.

Shot 37 today in a gale, 14 on the front and 23 on the back.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Class day on course this morning, blue skies, Sun shining, birds singing and deer running around :) Playing good golf help the enjoyment too.

Eagles:1
    Pars: 7
    Bogies: 7
    Doubles: 3

Delighted with game off tee and irons but was first day on course putting cack handed so the 9 times I had 3 putts or more was kinda expected. Delighted though for this time of the year things are already starting to come together.

34 in the open at St Anne's, bad finish could have been a comfortable 39 if I could make a putt.

Fix and parlance still out there, curious to see the scores, thought it was a tough day

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

35pts - but happier to have a 79 in strokes to be honest.

That figure shouldn't mean anything any more - but still does a little. Up and down from 130 yards to do it :D

1st time ever , I had the morning practising before round - she gave me full day off.

Short game work paying off a little - but putting not great today - 2 , 3 putts - 1 shocker putt for a 8 foot bird.

Very enjoyable day - she got a box of chocolates as pay off ;)

Good signs there - but much more work to go.

• Advertisement

Went out for 18 this morning. +7 after 6 couldn't hit the ball out of my way was thinking of coming in after 9. Ploughed on anyway giving the good weather ended up being 2 over for next 12 holes :)

Finished 2 under nett and 39 points.

Birdies: 3
    Pars: 5
    Bogies: 8
    Double: 2

Happy with my 33 putts, second day putting cross handed, had a lot better feel for pace and more confidence :) onwards and upwards. Ballykisteen tomorrow for my 3rd round in a row..joys of student life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Ciaranra

Played Millicent yesterday first outing in society,
    Won with 36pts playing off 8,
    Good scoring considering a few knock downs that I never have,
    Putting much better this year stroke is much better holding a lot more putts this was the area I wanted to improve,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

So today I played my first 18 holes of golf in Ireland since moving back home from abroad.
    Seen as though it was my first time playing with my clubs in 4 years I wasn't expecting much. Don't have my handicap sorted out yet either.

Day didn't start the best with me topping my first 3 shots!! :) sorted out my driving quickly enough after that but just had problems all day catching my irons quite thin. Chipping was quite good which surprised me and putting was grand. Greens were pretty poor so hard to make any real judgement about my stroke.

All in all, I was quite happy with my round and hopefully can get back into the swing of things sooner rather than later.

1 birdie
    9 pars
    4 bogeys
    3 doubles
    1 triple (1st hole)

Annual leave going well 3rd day of golf in a row :) Went ok today too. Never felt like i was playing well but managed to come in level par net. 33 putts again with the cross handed putting grip.

FWH 11/14
    GIR 7/18 (Needs to improve big time)

Pars:9
    Bogies:7
    Doubles:2

helped alot today by lift,clean and place. Really looking forward to warm weather, run on the ball and no looking for plugged balls :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭CFG92

Played the second round of our Spring league on Friday. The format was a three person team event with 2 scores on each hole. Was quite pleased with my play overall, considering my lack of practice lately.

FIR 5/12
    GIR 11/18
    Putts 29

Was able to contribute 40 points to the team off 6. Really looking forward to GOY competitions kicking off in two weeks time. Just hope the bit of form doesn't disappear as quickly as it arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

42 points off 17 in Castlemartyr yesterday in a friendly fourball. Was a bit surprised when I added it up as I didn't feel I played great.
    9 pars
    8bogeys
    1 scratch (hit 2nd OB out of bunker on 9)
    27 putts
    7/14 FIR
    4/18 GIR

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Portumna yesterday and my struggles continue. 28 points off 16. 17 out with 11 back.
    Course in good nick but couldn't understand that there was no relief in rough. Massive mud balls made it slightly less enjoyable. But at 15 euro unreal value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭benny79

36 pts yesterday dying with the flu could hardly breath but needed my fix! started of shocking with 14 on front 9 started to liven up towards the turn & had 24 in. would of had a great score if I was in the whole of my health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Surfing_Xboxer

74 gross in westport on Sunday

1.6 putts per hole - GIR 55.6% - 57% FAirwys hit.

My best ever score.... Waiting for a 90 now on saturday ! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Playing off 19

Played a singles s'ford in Waterford on Friday - 43 pts
    Played a singles s'ford in Waterford on Sunday - 42 pts
    Played a sweep in Palmerstown Stud yesterday - 34 pts

2014 was a year of +0.1s so hoping to get some cuts this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,985 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Stunning conditions today in Corballis.

Had my best ever start to a round. Par - Bird - Bird -Bird. Very close to bird on 1.

Didn't have a great back nine , but still was 4 over total. Had a putt at 7 to go -4 , would have been past the daft stage at that stage as was already daft. I'm never low under. Never.

Class conditions for golf.

Putting work paying off - well in fairness, I was holing ridiculous stuff, including a 45 foot putt for another bird on 9. Just one of those days.

Lowest ever front 9 and 9 too. (-2)

Got in a few bad positions on back - did swing a bit fast. But no double. Went a little OTT when swung fast.

Strange day - but loved it , best I've played in a year.

The never being low is a nice thing to have done, you get a little more comfortable when it happens next time. Experience I guess.

Mentioned to the lads the other day - I need more birds - wasn't expecting 4 in 9 - lol.

• Advertisement

Hopefully you haven't peaked too early, you will need that form for Friday and Saturday !!

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭BOB81

35 points around moyvalley on Monday for my first decent round in a while.

13 points out and 22 coming back,
    Fairways:29%
    GIR: 22%
    Putts: 34

Although I was hitting it quite wild off the tee (when the rough grows up later in the year a couple of my drives would likely not be findable), the main positive was my chipping and pitching, got up and down for par 5 times which turned a 30 point round into a 35 pointer..

36 points around portarlington this morning. Started off the 1st and 2nd with 2 double bogies mainly due to the fact i couldnt see my hand infront of my face with the fog. Good solid round after that and played the back nine in a t-shirt again :) Disappointed to have a 7 on the par 3 17th but thats what you get when u land a 30ft birdie putt the hole previous :)

Birdie: 1 FWH: 11/14
    Par: 8 GIR: 10/18
    Bogies:6 PUTTS: 35
    Doubles 2 NETT: +2
    Worse: 1

Thanks to slave1 for putting up with me for the few hours going around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

shaunac93 wrote: »
    36 points around portarlington this morning. Started off the 1st and 2nd with 2 double bogies mainly due to the fact i couldnt see my hand infront of my face with the fog. Good solid round after that and played the back nine in a t-shirt again :) Disappointed to have a 7 on the par 3 17th but thats what you get when u land a 30ft birdie putt the hole previous :)

Birdie: 1 FWH: 11/14
    Par: 8 GIR: 10/18
    Bogies:6 PUTTS: 35
    Doubles 2 NETT: +2
    Worse: 1

Thanks to slave1 for putting up with me for the few hours going around
    Jaysus, looking back at the number of posts you've had up here in the last couple of weeks, I think you've played more golf than I managed all last year :D

Think I'll have to save a fortune & go back to studying!

Bad round for me last Sunday in first comp of the year in new club.93 strokes in the St Patrick's Day cup in castlewarden.

Took away plenty of positives as I mentioned in the how's your game thread.

Just got to up the scoring for the society round on Saturday in Naas

Haha student nurse joys :) getting paid and all this week to walk around a golf course nearly every day :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

shaunac93 wrote: »
    ...Thanks to slave1 for putting up with me for the few hours going around...

Nae problemo, indifferent day for me, 32points in non-qualifying open, I'll put one scratch down to not having a clue where I was going on the 2nd, after that I just wasn't striking and struggling on greens a little too bumpy for me to get a roll going, still happy out in short sleeves.
    DON'T touch that high draw drive :pac:

6pcndh.jpg

34 points today, again could have been better, lipped out 5 times but stricking the ball well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

73 Gross (+2) at Roganstown on Sunday

Great buzz but only good enough for runner-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

35 points on Sat in Castlemartyr, had 33 after 15.. was after just finishing nights so was bait..

36pts this afternoon, casual round.
    Played the ball as it lies so happy enough.
    11 pars
    1 birdie
    2 bogey's
    3 doubles
    1 treble

• Advertisement
Advertisement