Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I have watched this show when I was back in Ireland, to be honest it is cringe at its best,the ITV version is so much better, the host of the Irish show is so poor (but I guess you can only work with the tools you have to hand),

once again Irish TV penny pinching, it reminded me of the quiz show (the name escapes me) with Bunny Carr, asking questions for 20p, I do like to give shows like this a chance, I did but wont be watching it again (the Irish version),

I can just see the tourists watching it and the sound I hear is that of the smash add back in the late 70s early 80s, it is a pity really, I am sure they could do a far better job.

the name of the quiz was stop the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭ted1

LollieB25 wrote: »
    First of all as Dee32 has already mentioned there is no script involved with the filming of TMO. All comments made by the girls are literally thought up on the spot when Ray comes over and asks a question.

Secondly Ray is absolutely lovely to all the girls and there is no tension at all. When a new girl comes on the show he will have a little chat with them and make sure they aren't nervous the first time he talks to them.

Not true, my mate does the auto que for the show. Lines are scripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

ted1 wrote: »

Eh I was on the show.......I think I'd remember being given lines !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Dee32

Only Ray has an auto que... I swear we had no lines. If we did do you think they would have a script like that? And I was in for 4 shows so your Mate is deffo making **** up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Dee32 wrote: »

Only Ray has an auto que... I swear we had no lines. If we did do you think they would have a script like that? And I was in for 4 shows so your Mate is deffo making **** up.

Sorry miscommunication I was talking about rays lines.

• Advertisement

Sorry miscommunication I was talking about rays lines.

No prob... I just wanted to clear that up

Guys if you liked TMO on TV3 so much you will love this on in the laughter lounge next month. The 1st link is the info and the second link is to donate to the Irish Motor Neuron Disease association. Go on even €5 will help the cause. They have comedians to host the event so it will be a lot of fun.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.imnda.ie/take-me-out.html

http://www.mycharity.ie/event/denise_mcgowans_event/

Dee... xx

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nolimits12

First of all as Dee32 has already mentioned there is no script involved with the filming of TMO. All comments made by the girls are literally thought up on the spot when Ray comes over and asks a question.

Secondly Ray is absolutely lovely to all the girls and there is no tension at all. When a new girl comes on the show he will have a little chat with them and make sure they aren't nervous the first time he talks to them.

The show is meant for light entertainment and not meant to be taken seriously. I was one the show for 8 episodes, didn't get a date, got my light turned out loads and was insulted by a male contestant because I told him he wasn't my type. Regardless of all this I really enjoyed the experience.

Also no need to feel sorry for any of the blokes on the show they are all doing very well for themselves in the girl department after the show especially if they got a blackout :p

Spoiler alert! I was hoping you would have gotten a date:(. Yourself and cora were hilarious!

Nolimits12 wrote: »
    Spoiler alert! I was hoping you would have gotten a date:(. Yourself and cora were hilarious!

Hahaha how do you even know which girl I am !!! I'm guessing I'm not who you think I am :P

Hahaha how do you even know which girl I am !!! I'm guessing I'm not who you think I am :P

Because I'm a sad loser that's been watching every episode on three player :). So I know exactly who you are :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,302 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I think ive guessed which one you are.

Because I'm a sad loser that's been watching every episode on three player :). So I know exactly who you are :P

Haha I doubt it!! I haven't really said much for the series so I've managed to get by without being noticed at all :D

was insulted by a male contestant because I told him he wasn't my type.

Big give away there :)

Big give away there :)

Defo not who you think so !! My insult if it airs will be in this weeks episode :eek:

Defo not who you think so !! My insult if it airs will be in this weeks episode :eek:

You know I know who you are hun... but dont worry your secret is safe with me TMO Sista...xxx:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Very hard to understand this chap's thick bog accent.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

That Dawn doesn't believe in playing hard to get, does she - "moment on the lips, lifetime between the hips" and "body open for business"....

A real class act, that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Combination of poor grammar and terrible accents for a few of them.

"Jaysis i want a strong handsome fella"

There are some particularly nasty girls tonight. Seriously, that girl making out she was desperate for leaving her light on.... what a cow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,187 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought all the lads would get dates tonight as it is the last episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

Where did the Joanne one from Cork go? Did she get a date?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

The last fella obviously doesn't remember his Aesops fables from primary school.

http://www.pagebypagebooks.com/Aesop/Aesops_Fables/The_Fox_and_the_Grapes_p1.html

There are some particularly nasty girls tonight. Seriously, that girl making out she was desperate for leaving her light on.... what a cow.

.....only tonight ?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Are they all sharing the same shirt?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Was there a sale in Penny's for check shirts?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,187 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    Where did the Joanne one from Cork go? Did she get a date?

Think she got a date week before last

msthe80s wrote: »
    .....only tonight ?:rolleyes:

In fairness, I haven't watched it for a few weeks!

I just thought that was a really spiteful thing to say.

Lol, this poor guy - his brother mentions what a gentleman he is and how well he'd treat a woman and the lights go out like flash!! Jesus!!

Ha ha - good on ye Tom. Well said :D

• Advertisement

I wonder where Beth is from, she sounds very posh.

Advertisement