Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spartacus: Vengeance [Starz - US] *Spoilers!*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Looks good but its going to be VERY difficult to get used to the "new" Spartacus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 eleven1

looking forward to the second part of spartacus , the first one was fantastic .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Does anyone know when and what channel are airing this on our side of the pond?

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Looks good but its going to be VERY difficult to get used to the "new" Spartacus...

I've said this before, McIntyre seems to be playing this in a "Rome" style, slightly hammy and a bit OTT wheras Whitfield was a natural.

He had a sense of sadness about him, you felt empathy for the character....he also had compassion for others, when Sura died in his arms....i felt like crying, it was such a powerful scene :(

I know i'm prejudging Mcintyre here, but he strikes me more of a method actor, still...Spartacus for me was never about one man or actor, there are tons of interesting characters to keep the show going regardless.

Ashur........... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

I wasnt even a fan of Whitfield to begin with, I never thought he was right for the part. But because he created the character it will be interesting to see whether this new guy will be a cheap imitation or a different character.

So far from the little I have seen he looks to be a lookalike replacement to do a good job playing Whitfield's Spartacus rather than a new Spartacus.

Have to give the man a chance though so I wont be too judgemental when watching the new series.

Episode 1 will be avilable free from Facebook this FRIDAY....nodoubt there will be rips pretty sharpish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Episode 1 will be avilable free from Facebook this FRIDAY....nodoubt there will be rips pretty sharpish.

you serious? ep 1 from the new vengeance series...

do you have to catch it live or will it remain on there facebook page...

cheers

• Advertisement

you serious? ep 1 from the new vengeance series...

do you have to catch it live or will it remain on there facebook page...

cheers

I'm 100% confident you'll be able to download it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

woop! boobs and guts cant wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭somuj

Oh dear Jebas I can't wait. I think I'm just gonna get really drunk today and pass out till friday otherwise the wait will drive demented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

The Spartacus Facebook page just posted this : "The Gods have smiled upon you. We give to you Episode 1 of Spartacus: Vengeance, FREE, right here! http://on.fb.me/w0O38a Let the rebellion begin!"

Only problem is it is for US region only it seems. Hope they leave it up until I can sort it out. Cannot wait for it!!!!!!!!

Small bit of googling and ya should be able to figure it out ;) am watching it now :D

Savage. The first half was the most bloodiest episode ever. Lots of nakedness and orgies two. Can't really go wrong with naked ladies and blood and gore when it comes to Spartcus.

Was kinda strange seeing them all outside. Didnt really like the new actor at the start but come the end of the episode hardly even noticed at all. None of the actors seem to be in great shape tho. I suppose not being in the ludos the past few months would have taken its toll on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

i hope it will be just as good even if john hanna isnt there to say "by jupiters cock" anymore:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I thought it was ok, the new Spartacus is grand but I still feel like the show is missing Batiatus. Hopefully Ashur is back soon.

BY JUNO'S CUUNT!

what the f*ck is going on, only available in america bullsh*t can anyone pm me the link need to see this!!??

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

Can't wait for this to start.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

By Jupiter's cock, they've kicked up the gore and violence to a whole other level.

The episode was fine, just ok.

I agree with the above poster, Batiatus is very badly missed

I realy like the actor who plays the Roman Predor [spelling?], something very forceful and menacing about him and his voice

Im trying everything to get to see this . Any tips would be great. Tried Foxyproxy but no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Indeed, has anyone's American cousin taped this and put it in the post yet???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's in the mail as we speak :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Rovi wrote: »
    Indeed, has anyone's American cousin taped this and put it in the post yet???

lmao :D

Im trying everything to get to see this . Any tips would be great. Tried Foxyproxy but no joy.

Try hidemyass or unblock us ... google them

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

stevenmu wrote: »
    It's in the mail as we speak :)

Yup a pal of my cousins just sent a HD taping about 30 mins ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I just got the post from my American cousin:D:D:D

Unpacking:pac::pac::pac:

Yeap That's Spartacus.Vengeance S03E01 :D

Sorry...gonna wait, since Gods Of The Arena i'm duty bound to go mpeg2 1080p on this mutha! [gonna wait]

Compak wrote: »
    Yup a pal of my cousins just sent a HD taping about 30 mins ago
    Ah yeah, I know about the HD version, but my postman is very slow to deliver big packages like that, so I'm holding out for an SD alternative. :D

• Advertisement

Just got an invoice for the Lite version, taking delivery now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Yeah was alright. New guy is ok, may take a couple of episodes more to get used to him as Spartacus but he filled the role well enough.

Gonna be another decent series I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

quite liked him as spartacus. no complaints!

delighted it back! one of my fav shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

mikemac1 wrote: »
    By Jupiter's cock, they've kicked up the gore and violence to a whole other level.

The episode was fine, just ok.

I agree with the above poster, Batiatus is very badly missed

I realy like the actor who plays the Roman Predor [spelling?], something very forceful and menacing about him and his voice

The guy playing the praetor is Craig Parker and I agree he is excellent. He played a bad guy in legend of the seeker aswell and was just as menacing. Maybe it's just his thing. :p

I just watched the season premiere. Decent episode. I am worried what they are going to do with the sets if they end up chasing Naevia for long. "open countryside" is hard to film on and so far the series has used closed sets and green screen alot. I can't see them filming in a field, can you?

I enjoyed the ep but the switch of actor is so fecking distracting. :mad: In every scene it just sticks out like a sore thumb and I have that awful feeling that it won't go away after a few eps. Obviously they can't do anything about poor Andy Whitfield and what happened to him......but I just can't see anyone else in the role now. :(

I also think they badly miss John Hannah. He had a certain class or gravitas if you will excuse the pun. I realise that they felt they had to kill him off but like Andy, it just isn't the same show without him. Personally, I feel they could've cut Lucy Lawless and it wouldn't have been as noticable.

On a side note, the actress who plays Ilithyia has lost an awful lot of weight. I don't normally notice stuff like this but her face looks very gaunt compared to the first season. Obviously a couple years have passed since filming but she looked much better before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Starting on sky 1 on 30/1. Can't wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Grand enough episode but as some others have said Batiatus is sorely missed; just isnt the same without him. As for the new guy - yeah hes not Andy but he seemed pretty good in the role and having him there didnt bother me as much as the lack of John Hannah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

It was ok, new guy did a fine job but it lacked a lot of what the original actor brought to the show, may he rest in peace, I would also agree that Batiatus was missed and it could have continued on without Lucretia but it might work out ok story wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Not really feeling the new actor. Hopefully this will change in the coming weeks but based on the premiere his Spartacus lacks the warmth Andy's had. He seems to be all brawn and not much else :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

DeWitt wrote: »
    Not really feeling the new actor. Hopefully this will change in the coming weeks but based on the premiere his Spartacus lacks the warmth Andy's had. He seems to be all brawn and not much else :(

Same here even the last guy Gannicus was better, hard to beat the original Spartacus in fairness.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If I were writing the show I would actually bring Gannicus and Crixcus more to the front in terms of screen time and story. Take the attention off the new guy.

I think he'll be grand, I think Andy had more persona or something but I'd say given a few weeks he'll have the character made his own.

Although obviously not as Tragic but a similar thing happened with Stargate SG-1 with with the characters changing actors between the film and
    TV Show. It took a little to get used too but you did get used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

just caught it there, TBH its seemed perfectly fine allround, i love illithia shes such a spoiled brat and her reaction when she saw lucretia was brilliant, cant wait to see her taken advantage of again, having the two of them bouncing off each other will be great fun, hopefully they play it right and batiatus wont be missed as much,

i do wonder how there gonna play out the neavia storyline and are they gonna return to capua or what,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Was a good episode , the opening was very well done but sadly it went downhill from there. Hopefully it gets better as the story develops , surprised to see lucretia back but in a good way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,496 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starts at 10pm tonight on both TV3 and Sky 1

I knew the Spartacus character was recast last year, but I didn't know until today that Andy had actually died :(

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

It's difficult when you've associated a face with a character, but I think Liam Mcintire has stepped up really well. He's got a lot of the mannerisms down and I think he'll handle the transition ok.

Last season was the ultimate guilty pleasure for me, but the new season has actually improved on it. John Hannah will be missed as well, but there's already a decent supporting cast, so I'm actually looking forward to this more!
    If they tempered the gore with some real pathos, maybe a throwback to the Kirk Douglas movie, we could have a credible drama on our hands. Not to say it isn't entertaining as hell as it is at the moment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The new Spartacus looks very similar to the original actor. Seems a bit slow so far but i guess its just the first episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Just watched first ep - aweome - loved it.

At first I felt like the new spartacus was a bit wooden at the start but he kind of grew on me as the episode went on. He has big shoes to fill I figure give him some time.

RIP Andy Whitfield though. I was surprised there wasn't some nod to him - a flashback or something

I like where they've gone with Anameus - all dark and broody. Feckin hell he didn't half kick arse thou!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Divided we stand or united we fall

Together, We shall ignite an inferno"

Ok first episode nothing amazing or too exciting but I think it will come good.

Saw the preview for the 2nd episode, it's look a lot better.

It was as said slow tonight, usually Spartacus is the opposite. It was on some game of thrones type sh*t tonight :) still not bad though !

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Just watched first ep - aweome - loved it.

At first I felt like the new spartacus was a bit wooden at the start but he kind of grew on me as the episode went on. He has big shoes to fill I figure give him some time.

RIP Andy Whitfield though. I was surprised there wasn't some nod to him - a flashback or something

I like where they've gone with Anameus - all dark and broody. Feckin hell he didn't half kick arse thou!

Just before the show lastnight I said to my missus that I would love to see a flashback to Andy at the start maybe replay one of the final scenes to season 1, do a close up to Andy but as he turns around to someone calling his name..... its Liam.......

the answer I got was thats just stupid :p

happy thats its back, big fan, little bit of room for improvement but I'll be watching every week.

Saw an add for Game of Thrones during the show, April can't come soon enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement