Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delay email batch!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Just checked with someone I know who missed IST by one and they haven't heard a thing.

Do you think if this is true and they get to sit AC and score higher than us then they will move ahead of us. When is this all happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

On the feedback email from AC, it states that it is a provisional offer of employment, due to successfully passing PSNI administered sections. Surely that would mean we are guaranteed to be put through the next stages at least.

I think it is a matter of when and not if, so I'm not too worried about not hearing anything so far, it is just frustrating knowing that others have advanced so far already and we haven't heard a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Clare1304

I've asked 2 people who just missed the mark (1 and 2 marks shy)
    Neither have received anything. This whole process is speculation but if they will have to invite all those who just missed the mark so we should hear of more soon if it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

Oztop I'd maybe get your friend to ask Deloitte? I know when the IT allowance was made I didn't hear straight away, I emailed once people said about it on here and was then advised by Deloitte. Unfortunately I haven't seen the email to these IST people / know what it says

Hopefully and with the number of officers that leave/retire each year, they will need to have a good amount trained up soon enough.

Just to clarify, I've heard of two people who've been invited to AC, a friend advised me but obviously this is by no means official, I just wondered if anyone else heard similar as would be interested to know if this is indeed the case. I doubt my friend would tell me unless she was sure but.. Don't take this as gospel until we know more basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Ehh, how many places are they recruiting for ? Surely funding hasn't been allocated for more than the 478 figure?

There has to be 2-300 B's in limbo at least !

True, I wonder how many A*-A's have been put through so far aswell. There seems to be alot of rumors about lack of candidates or other recruitment campaigns. I can't imagine they would start recruiting again while they still have plenty of eligible folk on the sidelines.

As per chief cons letter they have funding for 300 next year too. So you're up to 778 now

• Advertisement

oztop1234 wrote: »
    As per chief cons letter they have funding for 300 next year too. So you're up to 778 now

Even still, using myself as a bench mark for candidates, I'm sure there are more than enough to fulfill that number that are at the same stage as the rest of us or have even progressed further.

I agree with you completely.

Bound to be more than enough.

Can only hope that a fair few are weeded out through medical/PCA failures to give us a chance.

This has got to be one of the most expensive campaigns if they are running more AC's.

Can't be cheap on such short notice.

It baffles me as to why they would be holding more AC's when potentially all B's go pass the next stages. Unless they have definitely secured funding for a lot more officers than initially recruited for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Cromlech wrote: »
    Even still, using myself as a bench mark for candidates, I'm sure there are more than enough to fulfill that number that are at the same stage as the rest of us or have even progressed further.

The problem is there is not. As I heard from supervisor in the force that they were asked if they would have confidence in an officer who scored less than 50% in AC. They said no.

This was just before the people with IT issues got a second chance. I can only assume that they still do not have the numbers of acceptable candidates for this campaign.

• Advertisement

But a 50% isn't a B, it's a fail so they won't be in the job regardless. Pass mark is 60% up. I don't know with 100% certainty but it does baffle me why they would drop the ist pass mark, with so many of us waiting and hopefully progressing.. To be honest if I thought it would get me anywhere / I knew who to contact I'd ring up but guess all we can do is wait...

gmck26 wrote: »
    The problem is there is not. As I heard from supervisor in the force that they were asked if they would have confidence in an officer who scored less than 50% in AC. They said no.

This was just before the people with IT issues got a second chance. I can only assume that they still do not have the numbers of acceptable candidates for this campaign.

That gives me a bit of hope, it is worrying that a great number of us have heard nothing in almost a month, with this wait added onto the delay emails from ac it's quite disheartening. I'm sure I don't only speak for myself when I say I'm ready and raring to go through the next stages. I'd rather complete them and then have the long wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

http://www.psni.police.uk/psni_latest_recruitment_campaign.pdf

The cost was around 1.1m apparently - I actually thought it'd have been more expensive than that.

Even 1,000 candidates, for example, going through these next stages, there will and have been a lot of non-attendances, fails and so on. Using the numbers in the first batch of passes as an example, out of approximately 108 put through the next five stages, only around 60 apparently made it to medical. Factor in medical fails, any withdrawals etc. then you maybe have 50 odd left with a job offer.

I've asked the people on the PCA thread to see if they can find anything out when they go to their familiarisation event. Obviously nothing to annoy anyone but just if they hear anything

Thanks, a bit more info would help me to relax, it seems like poor candidate management to not provide a point of contact for the likes of us.

• Advertisement

Hopefully we will hear something tomorrow. Really hope tomorrow gives me confidence for Pca rather than doubt :(

I'm sure it will be fine, it's not like we are trying to get into the Marines. If you look at some of the police officers currently plodding about I'm sure a pass is achievable for almost anyone. I say that now, I'll probably change my tune come my turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

More and more people keep coming out of the woodwork, loads waiting to do their PCA now !

I give up !

I know how you feel, just need to keep positive, our time will come (eventually).

There's only one familiarisation event in comparison to when there were two or even 3 before so I def would say this next batch is going to be a small one.

Do you think the results of this PCA batch will determine how mAny B's they get in contact with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

I think that the B group will get invited to next stage! We just need to be patient. We also need to know exactly how many have been invited to PCA already when we know that and roughly how many failed we will know how long our wait is!

I think the reference in the PCA thread is only one evening familiarisation, think there's morn/afternoon ones too, doubt the next batch will be any smaller yet. Hoping/praying our time will come, patience isn't my strong point but not giving up hope yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Yorkist

My partner is currently waiting on PCA with mid to high 60s
    Found out the following by asking someone in the know and thought I would sign up and share as others are in the same position:

You stand a very very good chance if you passed the AC of progressing through to employment (obviously providing you pass PCA,medical etc.)
    Intake of new recruits every 5 weeks with the conclusion/completion of this recruitment expected September
    Next recruitment to start in the next few months and is expected to be a yearly process
    A lot of people failing the PCA with women struggling on the Push/Pull so upper body strength and technique should be worked on, weights, rowing machines etc.

Now most of the above is what I have read on these forums, but obtained this from the horses mouth so to speak.
    Puts our mind at rest and should see batches of people hearing things on a 5 week cycle or thereabouts.
    We expect to hear in the next batch and have the PCA in May, fingers crossed and good luck to everyone.

Yorkist wrote: »
    Found out the following by asking someone in the know and thought I would sign up and share as others are in the same position:

You stand a very very good chance if you passed the AC of progressing through to employment (obviously providing you pass PCA,medical etc.)
    Intake of new recruits every 5 weeks with the conclusion/completion of this recruitment expected September
    Next recruitment to start in the next few months and is expected to be a yearly process
    A lot of people failing the PCA with women struggling on the Push/Pull so upper body strength and technique should be worked on, weights, rowing machines etc.

Now most of the above is what I have read on these forums, but obtained this from the horses mouth so to speak.
    Puts our mind at rest and should see batches of people hearing things on a 5 week cycle or thereabouts.
    We expect to hear in the next batch and have the PCA in May, fingers crossed and good luck to everyone.

Since it wont let me edit just to say expecting to hear PCA in late May/June rather than May

• Advertisement

Interesting... Thanks for posting and good luck to you/your partner as well

Cheers for signing up and sharing, Yorkist.

Did your source suggest any numbers currently on the merit list? And is that around September when they expect everyone to have been phased through all of the remaining five stages?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Gilz_2001

Thanks for sharing! Thats a more positive outlook now, I was losing hope... fingers crossed we all hear soon!

Sthm wrote: »
    Cheers for signing up and sharing, Yorkist.

Did your source suggest any numbers currently on the merit list? And is that around September when they expect everyone to have been phased through all of the remaining five stages?

No they didn't mention numbers on the merit list, just that more than they thought were failing the latter stages (including PCA).
    And yes it was September they expected everyone to have been processed and given a start date/in training. From may to end September is 21 weeks, so at 5 weeks per intake (expected) then 5 intakes available, hope they get the number up to 60 per intake then that makes 300 training places available. So the numbers and dates stack up (ish) but as with everything, we are planning on maybe a month or 2 run over as that seems to be par for the course.

Obviously may change or run over but that's the plan they know. It was just a casual conversation by a chance meeting but the source is probably second to none after HR and the chief constable. The other thing they stressed, as is widely known, that they need trained officers on the street now and some divisions are stretched beyond belief. Unfortunately wont have the opportunity to quiz them further due to being a one off occurrence so that's all the info I know, so we all have the same info now and all in the same boat. Any further from me will be just speculation but if I hear anything else then will let everyone know as we know what its like to be in limbo as we are currently sorting out school places in England and NI just in case

Went to my event today which was good. Was told a few things.
    If we pass these next stages we're in. They are doing intakes right up until January. New campaign in May and another one this time next year.
    It's just a waiting game but there is most definitly light at the end of the tunnel, a flashing blue light to be precise ;)

So I'd be right in assuming that any of us still waiting will be in as well providing we pass everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

good news then. Just to clarify, did your source say a new campaign next month? and another may 2015?

Said May this year and same time next year.
    I really think everyone at this stage will get in if they pass pca and medical.

Cheers for the update, Clare.

What kind of numbers were at your familiarisation?

• Advertisement

Good news! I'll still be applying in May to be safe!

Loving the info thanks :-)

Great news, thanks Clare and Yorkist!

About 20, 7 girls I think :)

Jan would seem about right if we are working off 478 this time.

Patience now....

Glad we have more information. :-)

oztop1234 wrote: »
    Good news! I'll still be applying in May to be safe!

Loving the info thanks :-)

The merit list for this one lasts to may 2015, so it should cover us for the next campaign, should it not?

March 15 I think but I'm not taking any chances

• Advertisement

Lol, probably best. I'll be doing the same.

Hopefully we don't need it though :-)

Hopefully, we have got this far, so what's a few more hurdles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

thanks Yorkist and Clare for the valuable info!
    just a waiting game, with the option of reapplying (for whatever reason) much sooner than most thought!
    cheers and best of luck still to all...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭psni_lad

Cromlech wrote: »
    On the feedback email from AC, it states that it is a provisional offer of employment, due to successfully passing PSNI administered sections. Surely that would mean we are guaranteed to be put through the next stages at least.

I think it is a matter of when and not if, so I'm not too worried about not hearing anything so far, it is just frustrating knowing that others have advanced so far already and we haven't heard a thing.

In order to be eligible for an offer of appointment, you must successfully complete the 5 stages above, and be within the appointable band in order of merit to meet the PSNI requirement from this competition (currently expected to be a maximum of 378).

• Advertisement
Advertisement