Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gomorra the Series (Sky Atlantic)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

nxt season not out til 2016 i read... prob the best first season of any show i can remember

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

nxt season not out til 2016 i read... prob the best first season of any show i can remember

Jaysus thats a long time to wait! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Just watched the first two episodes tonight, I like it, definitely need to watch it all! Pain in me hole that I can't take my eyes off the TV in case I miss any dialogue though!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Putinovsky

I was going to watch the last episode again and I've noticed depending where you go to watch it the english translations can be off. I found a site with the entire series online and perfect translations so browse around if the translations are off for you.

The entire series is available on sky on demand from tomorrow anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

It would make sense that there is some differences with the subtitles as I read that even in Italy, it was broadcast with Italian subtitles because the characters use a very thick Neopolitan (not sure if i spelled that correct!) diallect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Putinovsky wrote: »
    ................... The entire series is available on sky on demand from tomorrow anyway.

Just had a quick look ,for those without sky the first 8 episodes (maybe all) are on you tube .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Finished s01. Absolutely excellent show.

I wasn't into watching subtitled films until I watched The Raid and realised the standard of foreign films I was missing out on. I still wouldn't commit to watching a subtitled TV show but seeing this show being included in the same sentences as The Wire made me reconsider foreign shows. Having seen this now I've also changed my opinion on foreign shows. Someone, I think ITT, said this show makes love/hate look like child's play and I think it's totally true. I don't think I've seen a story as realistically portrayed on TV as this since The Wire, and I have watched a LOT of fuking shows. Something about the look and feel of it just sets it apart from the usual crime dramas. Then there's the characters themselves and their stories which, similarly to The Wire, run alongside one another perfectly and make you actually give a sh!t about them and where they're going to end up. I liked how almost every episode introduced and tackled new topics, like Pietro going to prison and Genny influencing the politics in the area and Ciro having to setup and manage the dealing spot + go to Spain and play Russian roulette with Russian gangsters lmao, and it felt a bit like a mini-series.

The change in Genny from the beginning to the end was brilliant. Most of us here probably hated him at the start because he seemed like a useless spoilt prick and then he leaves and returns like some badass long lost twin who had gone to war and seen some sh!t. Just a pity we didn't get any scenes of his trip showing why he changed how he did though because that's really the only bad thing I can think of about the show.

Definitely gonna rewatch it before season 2 in 2016.

Just finished this last night, great show! Very brutal in parts D: I agree with doyouevenlift, it was a bit of a jump to go from the retard genny to stone cold killer genny without having seen anything from his trip. Although, I presume chopping up a man would definitely fcuk you up :P I hate ciro and I truly hope the prick gets fcuking tortured in the next series!
    Poor Daniel, and his moth Manu, rough :(
    2016 is a ridiculous length of time to wait, argh!

Just finished this last night, great show! Very brutal in parts D: I agree with doyouevenlift, it was a bit of a jump to go from the retard genny to stone cold killer genny without having seen anything from his trip. Although, I presume chopping up a man would definitely fcuk you up :P I hate ciro and I truly hope the prick gets fcuking tortured in the next series!
    Poor Daniel, and his moth Manu, rough :(
    2016 is a ridiculous length of time to wait, argh!

Haha why? Ciro was treated like sh!t by Imma and Genny in the latter half of the season after the risk he took for them and the business by going to speak with with Conte on his own. After what he ended up doing in Spain and almost dying he also changed and seemed to have a "fuk everyone else, I'm only looking out for myself from now on" attitude...Pietro seemed to have been on his side by the looks of things also lol

Haha why? Ciro was treated like sh!t by Imma and Genny in the latter half of the season after the risk he took for them and the business by going to speak with with Conte on his own. After what he ended up doing in Spain and almost dying he also changed and seemed to have a "fuk everyone else, I'm only looking out for myself from now on" attitude...Pietro seemed to have been on his side by the looks of things also lol

because I foolishly thought he was gonna be a good guy at the beginning and then he let me down with the killing and torturing, the prick! he's just ruthless and I hate him!
    there's not one main good guy in the whole show, they're all scumbags! and I love it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Personally I think that is the beauty/genius of the show. There are no heroes. The pace / angle of the show is to show each character for what he or she is, sometimes your toyed into thinking you might like them or that they are almost a loveable rogue….but the cold hard reality of gang culture and survival means they ultimately will only look after themselves and will do so by any means. Any sense of glamour (or tackiness…depending on your taste!) of the mafia lifestyle was well and truly obliterated by the end of the season.

But despite being a complete bunch of horrible b*****ds I was gripped by every single second of this and loved it all.

Also how many of you have tried to rap in Italian? When watching the end credits….only me? oh ok then…….

because I foolishly thought he was gonna be a good guy at the beginning and then he let me down with the killing and torturing, the prick! he's just ruthless and I hate him!
    there's not one main good guy in the whole show, they're all scumbags! and I love it :P

Yeah, it's like Sopranos in that sense, just when you see a character do something nice and good and make you think they're redeeming themselves as possibly decent human beings...they go and kill someone heartlessly lol

Yeah, it's like Sopranos in that sense, just when you see a character do something nice and good and make you think they're redeeming themselves as possibly decent human beings...they go and kill someone heartlessly lol

remember when imma brought the loan shark up onto the roof? fcuk that was brutal, i gasped! she didnt even flinch! D:

remember when imma brought the loan shark up onto the roof? fcuk that was brutal, i gasped! she didnt even flinch! D:

Yeah, same with
    the scene where the young members kill Zecchinetta, I didn't even expect him to actually kill him but even if I did I would've expected a small bit of a pause for dramatic effect like movies and TV shows normally do but nope, kid shoots him in the head without even thinking about it, ruthless fuks.

Yeah, same with
    the scene where the young members kill Zecchinetta, I didn't even expect him to actually kill him but even if I did I would've expected a small bit of a pause for dramatic effect like movies and TV shows normally do but nope, kid shoots him in the head without even thinking about it, ruthless fuks.

that is exactly what i was saying! there is no hollywood bullsh!t before someone gets killed, its just boom! and they trot off like its no big deal!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Still reeling from the sheer awesomeness of this show...I've ordered the DVD on amazon as an xmas pressie for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

Unbelievable show, makes Love Hate look like fair city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Anyone been following this? Just finished season one and I think it's outstanding.
    Should appeal to fans of the Sopranos, The Wire etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Do you need to watch the movie first?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Threads merged.

• Advertisement

harney wrote: »
    Do you need to watch the movie first?

No. It's set in the same area but the stories are separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Unbelievable show, makes Love Hate look like fair city

Its absolutely top class alright. Best show I've watched in a long time. Some harrowing stuff in it.

Things are actually that bad over there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Late to the party but tried this out a few days ago and ended up binge watching it :pac:

Brilliant TV, this should more popular since it had one of the most consistently entertaining 1st seasons of any show I've seen in years that finished up with a great finale and twist.

Roll on season 2, whenever the hell that'll be (hearing dates for all over the place)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

I didn't realise there was a thread already about this. It just entered my radar when someone mentioned it in the "favourite show of 2014" thread a couple of weeks ago.

I've recommended it to a few mates and we all love it. Such a fantastic series.

Yeah I have no idea when the second season will be out, but will definitely give the first season another viewing or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

I just finished watching this and i cant recomend it enough. Awesome program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SoftMicro

Tilly wrote: »
    I just finished watching this and i cant recomend it enough. Awesome program.

Really is a top series. Looks beautiful and is the first show i recommend to anyone that asks. It's such a re-watchable show also.

It got renewed for a second season recently and think they're starting filming soon. Don't know when the air date is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Started filming last month :D.

Counting the days till season 2.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/gomorrah-to-return-for-second-series/5083974.article

http://www.screendaily.com/news/gomorrah-to-return-for-second-series/5083974.article

yeay! wonder how long til it hits the screens? cant wait, will probably rewatch it just before the 2nd series starts

yes-rudy1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

yeay! wonder how long til it hits the screens? cant wait, will probably rewatch it just before the 2nd series starts

I've already re-watched the last episode of Season 1. Not sure I'll be able to watch Season 2 week by week. Prefer to binge on it!!!

Advertisement