Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

kryogen wrote: »
    Patrick, the traveller, is a great actor, for portraying, a traveller.......

Great range alright :)

I do like him though

patrick the travellers is actually a traveller in real life . how does this make him a great actor ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

figs666 wrote: »
    patrick the travellers is actually a traveller in real life . how does this make him a great actor ?

To be fair if I was in a film cast as a 30 year old retail manager Id still be **** acting, you still have to able to deliver lines and all manner of things that I imagine is involved.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

He reminds me of a young Ian McKellen.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

If Tommy wakes up and finds Paulie in his house with his woman and baby he will be needing something stronger than a fizzy orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,683 ✭✭✭✭walshb

He reminds me of a young Ian McKellen.

Howya Louis!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Anyone know what happened to Gavin / Gav (Aaron Heffernan), the cop also known as "muscles" and "Obama"? Shame they seem to have dropped him, anyone know why?

His character didn't add anything to it. He seemed way too young and I reckon they decided the whole 'cops messing about' angle was silly so they dropped him.

Have you noticed how the cops this season are a lot more serious than last - no messing about with graffiti and nonsense like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

ziedth wrote: »
    To be fair if I was in a film cast as a 30 year old retail manager Id still be **** acting, you still have to able to deliver lines and all manner of things that I imagine is involved.

Yeah, but you're probably **** at being a retail manager, while Patrick's probably really good at being a traveller. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Elmo is now a tough guy?...

...the shark has been jumped.

Hands on doesn't mean he's now the tough guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Hands on doesn't mean he's now the tough guy.

Hands on means he's the fall guy if caught :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Fran is just a great character far better than anything else the show has produced. He is as bad as they come but I can't help feel sorry for him been in prison. It will be a worse show without him when he does go out of it.

Fran is a gangster but he isn't in it for the money, what do ya do with a fella like that?

I always say the sign of a good tv/movie character is if they are quotable, I don't know how many times the OH tells me to shut up, your not Fran :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

I'm assuming the OP was being sarcastic.

The actor who plays Noelie Hughes is a convicted heroin dealer in real life
    and I think the actor who plays Glen was in a spot of bother in real life too

One of the gardai is a garda in real life

So why not cast a traveller to play a traveller?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

peteeeed wrote: »
    the drug scenes were really badly done , so over the top, how many times do we have to see in soap opera/dramas, person takes drugs , goes to top of building , looks over the edge

In fairness, Love/Hate has had plenty of scenes where people have taken drugs, had a good time, and suffered no further consequences. They both got up in the morning and wandered off too, I don't think it was particularly badly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

peteeeed wrote: »
    the drug scenes were really badly done , so over the top, how many times do we have to see in soap opera/dramas, person takes drugs , goes to top of building , looks over the edge

I thought it was well done...paulies face was perfectly acted as was the visuals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Never posted before and in here to have a moan. Who let the air out of your bubble?

Why dont you go play outside the forum and let the rest of us enjoy it. Please.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why are you even in this thread still?
    Why do you keep calling this country by its name in Irish?
    Do you realise that the minute you say sheeple you lose any credibility you may have?
    The 'Ignore List' is your friend. Don't feed trolls.
    naughtb4 wrote: »
    Terence Big Balls is such a ridiculous name!

Unlike Fat Freddy Thompson or Brian The Tosser Meehan or The Penguin or The Monk or ....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Didn't tosser have one of the wrist in the back of a cop car!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭Hitchens

RainyDay wrote: »
    The 'Ignore List' is your friend. Don't feed trolls.

Unlike Fat Freddy Thompson or Brian The Tosser Meehan or The Penguin or The Monk or ....

....The Viper ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Laneyh wrote: »

If it's good enough for Glenroe, it's good enough for this panto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Eh, that was exactly my point good sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Laneyh wrote: »
    I'm assuming the OP was being sarcastic.

The actor who plays Noelie Hughes is a convicted heroin dealer in real life
    and I think the actor who plays Glen was in a spot of bother in real life too

One of the gardai is a garda in real life

Maybe the OP just doesn't know the biography of every love/hate actor. How are we meant to know he's a real traveller?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

But not all travelers are nice bomb makers...

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

But not all travelers are nice bomb makers...

Yup, some of them are grumpy bomb makers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Patrick the traveller should get an award for his acting up to this point in the series.

If not an award, then at least a Mongan

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd say he has put two and two together and he knows the traveller told Fran. For now, Nidge has but the traveller issue on the back burner it seems.

No need for Nidge to kill Patrick now as Fran knows :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No need for Nidge to kill Patrick now as Fran knows :p

But Patrick still needs to kill Nidge for the sake of the childer

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

looks like Noelie is not going to play ball with Nidge.................at least not until he hears about the finger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Hitchens wrote: »
    looks like Noelie is not going to play ball with Nidge.................at least not until he hears about the finger
    Why would Noalie care about Git's finger?

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Why would Noalie care about Git's finger?
    friggin' 'ell....................piddling on Noelie's mum I shudda said
    :o

Ok. I don't want to read the spoilers. :) but are they real or made up?
    Cos the suspense is killing me :(

deise08 wrote: »
    Ok. I don't want to read the spoilers. :) but are they real or made up?
    telling you that would be another spoiler :)

• Advertisement

Hitchens wrote: »
    telling you that would be another spoiler :)

Ha ha ha aw I was replying that's not fair, but it unspoiled it :(

Advertisement