Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

walshb wrote: »
    Yes, but not really comparable with violent underworld criminals that the Gardai are fighting to rid from our streets.

Honestly, no detective would pull up someone like Nidge because of that.

I know you want to believe that they'd have him up for it but they just wouldn't.

He's under instructions to follow Nidge, not to arrest him for patting a Garda on the arm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I finally got around to reading the dictionary... turned out:
    The zebra did it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Jumboman wrote: »
    Was last nights episode of love/hate the most violent in the series so far ?

I think it was but I have not seen the whole series.

When I say series I mean every episode since session 1.

I don't think there have been any other episodes as violent as last nights one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

The one where Darren smashed the ra man's head with a beer keg?
    Tommy getting hammered with a golf club?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

mfceiling wrote: »
    The one where Darren smashed the ra man's head with a beer keg?
    Tommy getting hammered with a golf club?

I still think the scene were fran takes out your mans eye was more violent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭huey1975

Is Donna the burd Fran shagged when she was dressed as a Smurf?

Was it a smurf or avatar?

huey1975 wrote: »
    Was it a smurf or avatar?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

''are ye a lady bird or a dirt bird''

Some one said to me today they are making a movie about Love Hate.I do not know how they would do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Benteke wrote: »
    Decent detectives keep their cool and think of the bigger picture instead of putting them away for a few hours and disrupting a big case, I know of one detective who got his head kicked in on a bus and he did nothing about it, 6 months later he got his own back by putting him away for 7 year for a different case, They never forget

I dont think that happened.

Kicking someone in the head can be seen as attempted murder. Attempted murder of a Detective would equal more than 7 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I just watched last nights episode now and to be honest i think its time they called a halt to love hate, its getting worse with each episode, i really dont give a **** what happens to who now at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

IvaBigWun wrote: »

Kicking someone in the head can be seen as attempted murder. Attempted murder of a Detective would equal more than 7 years.

Na - good behaviour - he'd be painting a school fence in 6 months in this county.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

shamrock55 wrote: »
    I just watched last nights episode now and to be honest i think its time they called a halt to love hate, its getting worse with each episode, i really dont give a **** what happens to who now at this stage

Most of us care though and the ratings are through the roof, so be a bit silly if they stopped it wouldn't it? You should just stop watching maybe?

• Site Banned Posts: 25 Johnny Bubble

Omackeral wrote: »
    Most of us care though and the ratings are through the roof, so be a bit silly if they stopped it wouldn't it? You should just stop watching maybe?

Yes. Don't dare think to critisise the sheeple's great Art of Eire.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Why are you even in this thread still?
    Why do you keep calling this country by its name in Irish?
    Do you realise that the minute you say sheeple you lose any credibility you may have?

PS I'm starting to think you were rejected for a role as an extra on Love/Hate or else one of the cast stole your missus.

If there is one thing worse then a 'sheepie' its a typical Irish begrudger. And they are in no short supply in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

walshb wrote: »
    Jump on him, to the ground and cart him off.
    They do jump on them. All the time. It doesn't go to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,645 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Nidge actually know that Fran knows that Nidge arranged the pipe bomb on his house which injured Linda?

I assume Dean knows if he was arranging the hit for Fran so did he tell Nidge

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

It did happen, 1988 to be precise, You really think someone given another person a hiding is an attempted murder charge? Deary me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Kicking someone in the head can be seen as attempted murder.
    I doubt you could produce any cases in reality to back that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,472 ✭✭✭✭kippy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Nidge actually know that Fran knows that Nidge arranged the pipe bomb on his house which injured Linda?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,848 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

decent episode IMO - some tense scenes, plot-lines setup for the remainder of the series, events from past series having unseen repurcusions. Seemed to be fewer pointless cop scenes too. Not mad on the whole Paulie/Siobhan thing but I assume its leading somewhere - possibly he'll find out she's an informer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Patrick is a great actor

Patrick, the traveller, is a great actor, for portraying, a traveller.......

Great range alright :)

I do like him though

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah it is. In a declaration that may see me demodded from this forum, I confess that I've never seen The Wire. And I *STILL* knew about that particular person being killed.

So there. :p

Thats because Omar stuff has been around the internet since the show began! Omar comin yo!

I sympathise with people who have not seen things like The Wire and that but when a show aired originally over 12 years ago and has gone on to be hugely popular, copied, discussed and dissected for years not to mention the countless internet memes that can pop out of nowhere relating to events in the show its just kinda bad luck for you if its spoilered.

A show like Love/Hate takes a lot of influence from The Wire also so references and comparisons are likely to be found in threads on it.

It would never occur to me to spoiler something from The Wire, I spoiled something myself earlier in the thread and will certainly be more careful in future out of courtesy but I don't think anyone should be vilified for it.

Corvo wrote: »

No, I think Nidge said "Get him up", though I fully expected him to kill him anyway.

He also had a scene after it!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Anyone know what happened to Gavin / Gav (Aaron Heffernan), the cop also known as "muscles" and "Obama"? Shame they seem to have dropped him, anyone know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I loved the way they captured the frustration in Potsie's face when he received that penultimate text that Fran had to be clipped, can you imagine whats going through his head, fcuk I have to kill psycho Fran fcuk! I just want to do my time, keep my head down and get to hell out of there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

kryogen wrote: »
    Patrick, the traveller, is a great actor, for portraying, a traveller.......

Great range alright :)

I do like him though

The jury's out until he does Downton Abbey...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Sunday's episode was one of the most violent. Along with episode 1 of season 3 I'd say. Honourable mentions would also have to go to the season 1 episode where Hughie killed Martin the traveller and season 4 episode 4 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I'd say he has put two and two together and he knows the traveller told Fran. For now, Nidge has but the traveller issue on the back burner it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

the drug scenes were really badly done , so over the top, how many times do we have to see in soap opera/dramas, person takes drugs , goes to top of building , looks over the edge

Advertisement