Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

how much to do an "eringobragh" on my car MM? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

I wouldn't know where to start with that engine! Probably simpler to work on than modern stuff.
    Yeah, its different but not complicated. The Mass Airflow meter on these is a plate that integrated into the manifold, the airflow pushes the plate down and the amounts its moved by is the airflow. Needless to say its also cable throttle (and Cruise control!) and ignition is a disti/rotor setup and not COP. I changed the ignition coil to a 20-40kv MSD setup to allow newer type plugs but for now put in new copper ones. As its a Merc, there are bloody vacuum lines everywhere. Its also of the vintage that injection was coming on scene, its a semi-mechanical injection system (I think), no Carbs.

I would love to figure out why the idle is high, narrowing it down.
    bmstuff wrote: »
    How much did you pay for that beauty if you don't mind saying?
    Its possible Ill sell this at somepoint in the next 6mths but Id value a decent working 560SEC at 5k (VRTed). A mint one could be double that. 500SEC's are 2/3 the value and the bottom end 380SEC, maybe under 1k. The 560SEC is the top spec and also had 3 motor options itself pending region, this is the best version with the Tri-Y exhaust manifolds.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

how much to do an "eringobragh" on my car MM? :D

He learned from me ;)

yes but his work is well documented and in the dictionary now i believe, so how much? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭richiebceltic

IMG_0151.JPG

My 2003 320d, looking to upgrade maybe next year.

• Advertisement

yes but his work is well documented and in the dictionary now i believe, so how much? :p

Actually, you've some cheek to ask me to do someone else's work, I do MM work!! MM = miraculously marvellous!

Also, he didn't learn from me, he learned from himself just like I learned from myself :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

IMG_0151.JPG

My 2003 320d, looking to upgrade maybe next year.

When was that last taxed? :eek:

Actually, you've some cheek to ask me to do someone else's work, I do MM work!! MM = miraculously marvellous!

Also, he didn't learn from me, he learned from himself just like I learned from myself :P

how much? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭richiebceltic

cgal093 wrote: »
    When was that last taxed? :eek:

ha, you don't moss much, photo was taken a good while ago! I pay my tax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cgal093

ha, you don't moss much, photo was taken a good while ago! I pay my tax!

They don't call me halk-eye around for nothing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Oh I love money :D:D

I never mentioned money :pac:

Some day its quiet at work I'll try go the stages detailed on this site or the detailing site that was set up earlier this year, that I joined and never logged back into again! :rolleyes:

Its the likes of you who has made my washed weekly and hand polished/waxed a few times a year cars look lesser now. Before ye came along with yer polishing machine and cutting pads and this polish and that polish I was doing fine! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Times are getting tough..... 1.25 Zetec

20120814_2045001024x752.jpg

Magnum wrote: »
    Times are getting tough..... 1.25 Zetec

I'd normally be driving a Mondeo or something like that, I'm surprised how nippy the 1.25 Zetec is....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Magnum wrote: »
    I'd normally be driving a Mondeo or something like that, I'm surprised how nippy the 1.25 Zetec is....

Is that the on that was forsale in Tipp in the damaged repairables? Looks familiar

Is that the on that was forsale in Tipp in the damaged repairables? Looks familiar
    No it was for sale on the Charlivelle side of Kilmallock ....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Ah, the one I was looking at wasn't bad anyway.

Still, they're a great car. I was offered one about 2 weeks ago for 200euro, but it needed back axle bushes, wipers, a coolant leak sorted, service etc. etc. Left it be.

Ah, the one I was looking at wasn't bad anyway.

Still, they're a great car. I was offered one about 2 weeks ago for 200euro, but it needed back axle bushes, wipers, a coolant leak sorted, service etc. etc. Left it be.

This yoke was just NCT'd Thursday last , nice little car to drive, I've not drove anything like this in years, she's like a little go cart...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

How are they on fuel, will most likely be owning one in the next fortnight ?

I tend to have a heavy foot :o

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

How are they on fuel, will most likely be owning one in the next fortnight ?

I tend to have a heavy foot :o

They're fantastic city cars, maybe not the greatest things in the world for a lot of motorway miles.

Great reliable cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Been to see a few already, seen a lot of rusted ones or else ones that have '' not really being in any crashes''. :(

They do range in price strangely I find, anything between 700 - 2500.

• Advertisement

how much? :pac:

Pah! You can't afford me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 CrazyMark

My car:

ecbcf45a.jpg

f3646f71.jpg

90155515.jpg

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Lovely looking Civic - but I don't think I've ever seen a car screaming so much for a decent looking tailpipe! Doesn't look much bigger than a McDonalds straw! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Second time posting a pic but it came up well this wash :)

2qx5blw.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

First family wagon
    Not the best picture but you get the idea

DSC_0619.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

The current momo:eek::cool:
    Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Love that generation Leon in that colour, well wear Wisesmurf

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Love that generation Leon in that colour, well wear Wisesmurf

Cheers jimbob. It was bought for smiles per gallon not MPG but with the petrol getting closer to €2.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    Cheers jimbob. It was bought for smiles per gallon not MPG but with the petrol getting closer to €2.....

Tell me about it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    Second time posting a pic but it came up well this wash :)

really miss mine

DSC_0002752x500-1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement