Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Few changes (already!)

Brought in Targett as a 4.0m defender. Plan to rotate him out with King from Leicester. Undecided who'll play GW1, leaning towards King.

Dropped Sánchez for Ramsey and an extra 1.5m. Dropped Dzeko for Remy up front, also freeing up 1.5m, and brought in Silva for my midfield. Naismith and Bruce make up the rest of my bench with Schmeichel as my second keeper.

As said above, unsure on what role Remy will have at Liverpool. Any suggestions for that position are appreciated. I have RVP in there currently, but may be forced to drop him for a combo of Costa / Giroud and Ramsey to Mata or something similar as time goes on. I wanted to have that 12.5m used up anyway, so I have the option of RVP if needed without a full team re-work.

315173.PNG

Your bench is weak. Naismith probably won't play with Lukaku/Kone. My advice would be to downgrade Remy and upgrade Naismith.

There are good strikers available in the 6 mil bracket - Ings, Austin, Wickham, Jelavic, Long.

I'm going for Wickham and Jelavic at the minute personally. Wickham because I'm hoping he will kick on from last season and Jelavic because he's a finisher and Hull have signed creative players like Snodgrass and Ince to complement him and Long up front.

Van persie makes wreck of the team.

Him and augerio cant seem to stat fit so i am avoiding them like the plague this season.

You have some solid players but nothing electric there. Lallana wont get massive scores as is no longer the focal creative player. Schurrle wont start every game though i have him myself. Remy could be a good call but qpr will struggle. Mert is too expensive with debuchy available

Deal agreed with Liverpool for Remy. 8.5 mil. Makes Lambert even less appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Lemlin wrote: »
    Odemwingie is a steal at 6.5 mil for me in midfield.

Edit: I realise there's a Lemlin post overload but people need to start actually rating teams and giving opinions!

Hes 33 and with stoke.

Proven goalscorer but best days firmly behind him.

Deal agreed with Liverpool for Remy. 8.5 mil. Makes Lambert even less appealing.

They have a pretty deep squad so.

Who are the starting striker (s) ?? Sturridge and rotation?

Thems wise words

Schmeichel

Shaw. Pagoneili Flanagan. Debuchy

Schurle. Sanchez. Ramsey. Mata

Costa. (C) Dzeko.

Subs; Speroni. Gayle. Mikel. Vlaar.

Mikel is a stop gap till i find a better 4.5 mid.

Good team for opening day

Who is Pagoneli? Never heard of him tbh.

Not sure why you're going with Schurrle when you've said yourself in the following posts that he won't play every game. Key for me for the start of the season is to have as many starters as possible.

Those who don't start will drop in price like a stone.

I'd also have questions over Flanagan starting.

What price is Schurrle? Odemwingie and others are available at 6.5. Snodgrass is 6 iirc.

• Advertisement

Hes 33 and with stoke.

Very good stats towards the tail end of last season. Hughes had Stoke playing well.

They have a pretty deep squad so.

Who are the starting striker (s) ?? Sturridge and rotation?

Sturridge will be through the middle. I'd imagine Remy will start out wide if starting. Lambert will be cover off the bench IMO.

Plus perhaps the easier CL games against obscure teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

My team atm

De Gea
    Myhill

Terry
    Baines
    Cameron
    Targett
    Upson

Hazard
    Mata
    Silva
    Davis
    Tiote

Van Persie
    Bony
    Chamakh

Any opinions on it?

Who is Pagoneli? Never heard of him tbh.

Not sure why you're going with Schurrle when you've said yourself in the following posts that he won't play every game. Key for me for the start of the season is to have as many starters as possible.

Those who don't start will drop in price like a stone.

I'd also have questions over Flanagan starting.

What price is Schurrle? Odemwingie and others are available at 6.5. Snodgrass is 6 iirc.

Sébastien Pocognoli. My i pad autocorrect is a pain. I will start schurrle for chelsea games but if he doesnt play gayle will come in. As a peterborough fan i know just how good gayle is. He is set for great things this season.

Schurrle is 7.5. I will swap him put for arnie/ oden etc once we see who is the value mid this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any critique most welcome for my latest of 1,000,000 attempts.

52b1017b1c34c52113fba409de4a3b65.png

I have to take advantage of Manchester United's start with defensive coverage. De Gea and Shaw are probably the only certainties at the minute. Which £4.5m keeper rotates best with him is the question?

Terry and Debuchy speak for themselves, though I'm not entirely sure if I'm happy with Debuchy given Arsenal's start. Stoke and Swansea rotate perfectly all season so my thinking is that if/when Davis moves on, I'll have one home defender with games against AVL, BUR, WBA, LEI, SOT, NEW, NEW, SWA, LEI, WHM, BUR, CPL, QPR to pair one of Cameron or Taylor alongside Terry and Debuchy for. If doubts appear over Cameron I could go with a £4.0m keeper and upgrade him to Pieters (which I may do anyway). I can do Upson to Targett etc when it becomes clearer in pre-season who will play.

Midfield speaks for itself. I'd expect Sanchez and Hazard to contribute a lot, Eriksen should be the focal point for Spurs and de Jong is my fancy for bargain of the season at £7.0m. The team will likely be built around getting him the ball and he'll take the vast majority of set pieces. Eriksen and Hazard will take the vast majority of set pieces for their sides too.

Rooney gives me attacking Manchester United coverage cheaper than Van Persie, though admittedly I have no idea where he will play but he's always there or thereabouts in terms of points scoring. Bony racked up points last year including many against big teams, they also have Burnley and West Brom at home in the first three weeks. I'd imagine Wickham will start up front if he gets his new deal done, Poyet may want to consider Fletcher for that position, but if not Wickham will be the striker in a 4-3-3/4-5-1 which he was very successful in when he started last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Panthro wrote: »
    At the moment I'm on:

De Gea
    ---Debuchy--Terry--Kolarov----
    Ramsey--Fábregas--Nasri--Sterling
    ---Rooney--Dzeko--Naismith

Mannone--Targett--Albrighton--Vlaar

The tinkering has begun!

De Gea

Debuchy--Terry--Kolarov----
    Sánchez--Fábregas--Nasri--Eriksen
    ----Lukaku--Nugent--Dzeko

Mannone--Targett--Albrighton--Cameron

Think my first attempt was better.
    So confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Gayle was good towards the end of the season but is he nailed on to start now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gayle was good towards the end of the season but is he nailed on to start now?

Blows hot and cold and is a bit windy at times but has the potential to be a force.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

not too many going with hazard on here. He will be in my team especially now that he is exclusively on pens with lampard gone.

Was Costa on pens for Atleti?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hes 33 and with stoke.

Very unpredictable player, tho can score well on his day. And he's getting on (especially in his position). Arnautovic is a bit under the radar at the same price, got a healthy 4 goals and 10 assists last season, and he didn't even play the first 4 games of the season. Actually have him in my setup at the moment, tho 50-50 if he'll still be there by kick-off gw1 i say!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

manual_man wrote: »
    Was Costa on pens for Atleti?
    Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Yup

Missed a few though, IIRC?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Not too shabby looking. Not perfect but almost as good as I can make it for now

293u2o4.jpg

A nice even spread through the team, admittedly a reliance on QPR not being terrible :o But they should be tight enough at the back and Austin will probably be getting most of the goals they score. First 3 fixtures are Hull (H), Spurs (A), Sunderland (H)

Davies should be gone to Spurs too. Loving that Targett is in so many teams too :pac:

I don't see much appeal in City or Liverpool early on due to fixtures and rotation respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Paully D wrote: »
    Missed a few though, IIRC?
    I don't watch La Liga, so can't comment. Here's one of his more well-known misses though: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2604127/Bummed-Atletico-Madrid-striker-Diego-Costa-misses-penalty-mooned-cheeky-fan.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have done FF for four seasons now,last year was first season I was more than just casual player,always did ok but found the boards forum last season after a few months and the tips on it helped greatly,allowed me to win all my respective money head to heads with other lads,we are only talking about 80 euro in total so no fortune;),
    Hate to say it but half thinking of hanging up the boots for this season as things are busy at work and at home and would have found myself spending a couple of hours a week last season on strategy/transfer choices etc....
    How long typically would other players here spend on FF a week in season?

• Advertisement

Have done FF for four seasons now,last year was first season I was more than just casual player,always did ok but found the boards forum last season after a few months and the tips on it helped greatly,allowed me to win all my respective money head to heads with other lads,we are only talking about 80 euro in total so no fortune;),
    Hate to say it but half thinking of hanging up the boots for this season as things are busy at work and at home and would have found myself spending a couple of hours a week last season on strategy/transfer choices etc....

Five minutes tinkering. Five days thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Not too shabby looking. Not perfect but almost as good as I can make it for now

A nice even spread through the team, admittedly a reliance on QPR not being terrible :o But they should be tight enough at the back and Austin will probably be getting most of the goals they score. First 3 fixtures are Hull (H), Spurs (A), Sunderland (H)

Davies should be gone to Spurs too. Loving that Targett is in so many teams too :pac:

I don't see much appeal in City or Liverpool early on due to fixtures and rotation respectively.

Targett is a gamble imo, clyne and chambers in full backs. wouldnt be surprised if they brought one in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Paully D wrote: »

I have to take advantage of Manchester United's start with defensive coverage. De Gea and Shaw are probably the only certainties at the minute. Which £4.5m keeper rotates best with him is the question?

There isn't a perfect match but Schmeichel has reasonable fixtures most of the time De Gea is playing one of last years top 4.

Benimar wrote: »
    There isn't a perfect match but Schmeichel has reasonable fixtures most of the time De Gea is playing one of last years top 4.

I think for those considering ddg the best option is to just get a 4 mil keeper and play ddg every week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I think for those considering ddg the best option is to just get a 4 mil keeper and play ddg every week

I'm not a fan of a non playing goalkeeper to be honest. An injury, suspension or postponement and you either play with 10 or 'waste' a transfer on a keeper.

If you don't have much time I'd say just look onto ffs on a Fri eve sat mor read a few articles and make your moves. This place is great for advice and putting out ideas but is very time consuming.

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of a non playing goalkeeper to be honest. An injury, suspension or postponement and you either play with 10 or 'waste' a transfer on a keeper.

Ye that's true and it has cost me before .You have to balance that against the extra .5 u have to spend which i think outweighs the risk. If I ever have a goalie from one of the bigger teams I always go with a non playing goalie and take my chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Mannone is 4.5 n most should be able to scrape him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,525 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

dahat wrote: »
    Mannone is 4.5 n most should be able to scrape him in.

The only problem with that though is the inevitable annoyance of him scoring 10-12 points on the bench some week and De Gea getting 2 or less.

• Advertisement

The only problem with that though is the inevitable annoyance of him scoring 10-12 points on the bench some week and De Gea getting 2 or less.

Also the big teams when they play the other big teams often keep clean sheets. Lots wouldve benched terry/cech for their trips to utd,city, liverpool ,arsenal.4 clean sheets out of 4. Even DDG in a poor season for utd last year got 3 cs out of 8 in his games against the top 4.

Advertisement