Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,081 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't see Everton doing as well this season. Have they even signed anyone new? They've lost Lukaku and I don't think they've replaced him.

Howard is the same price as De Gea. I'd take De Gea over him.

5.5 is too high for me for a keeper in a team that I can't see finishing top six this year.

They completed the permanent signing of Gareth Barry and that's it so far. I see Everton finishing 6th or 7th, don't think they'll be challenging for top 4. Still though if Howard came in at 5m I would've felt that was a real bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

First draft happy enough

Want to see where Wickam and Remy end up

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Whilst I agree with you that De Gea is probably better value than Howard (especially for the first half-dozen games or so), losing Lukaku would hardly make them any worse for keeping clean sheets. The fact that they managed to keep Barry is the much more relevant.

Losing Lukaku effects the quality of the team IMO. I can't see them signing a forward as good as him. He's good at winning long balls and holding it up so was giving them a quick option out of defence.

Speroni at 5 or Mannone at 4.5 are cheaper options IMO and De Gea is the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Didn't even realise this was starting today... knocked up a first draft.

2r4jrz8.png

De Gea is a must imo, United have a dream start. Same goes for RVP or Rooney. Mata is debatable but he's in there for the moment. Debuchy is in on the basis that he goes to Arsenal, and I'm unsure about Bony/Wickham. My bench is weak too. One thing I would say is don't put too much faith in pre-season friendlies...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

roryc wrote: »

2r4jrz8.png

De Gea is a must imo, United have a dream start. Same goes for RVP or Rooney. Mata is debatable but he's in there for the moment. Debuchy is in on the basis that he goes to Arsenal, and I'm unsure about Bony/Wickham. My bench is weak too. One thing I would say is don't put too much faith in pre-season friendlies...

Debuchy moved earlier today:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140717/arsenal-complete-mathieu-debuchy-signing

Pics of him in his Arsenal jersey all over Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,294 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

What are the chances of Mirallas starting up front for Everton? Could be a bargain at 7.5m if he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

roryc wrote: »

2r4jrz8.png

Would you not go for Cesc over Ramsey? Same price (I think!?) and instead of 2 players from the same team you get 1 Arsenal and 1 Chelsea - you don't have any Chelsea mids.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,990 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What are the chances of Mirallas starting up front for Everton? Could be a bargain at 7.5m if he does.

Low. And he's turd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

Howard is overpriced IMO. I wouldn't touch Guzan or any goalkeeper associated with Paul Lambert. His teams are always dreadful for clean sheets.

Why have Coleman at 7 million when you can have Baines? Coleman had one great season. Baines has had several and takes penalties. Alex Bruce only played last season when others were injured and I'd expect similar this season.

Your forward line is very weak. Giroud is your main striker but Sanchez could effect his playing time. Jelavic and Austin are good picks IMO but you need a better captaincy option up top. In my draft I have these two but with RVP.

Draft # 2:

Goalkeepers:
    De Gea (5.5)

Defenders:
    Debuchy (5.5), Skrtel (6.0), Terry (6.5),

Midfielders:
    Silva (9.0), Odemwingie (6.5), Fábregas (9.0), Sánchez (10.5)

Forwards:
    Austin (6.0), Van Persie (12.5), Jalevic (6.0)

Subs:
    Mannone (4.5), Targett (4.0), Tiote, (4.5), Bruce (4.0)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

Naismith at 5.0 is the bargain striker IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Would you not go for Cesc over Ramsey? Same price (I think!?) and instead of 2 players from the same team you get 1 Arsenal and 1 Chelsea - you don't have any Chelsea mids.

Will probably be one of either Cesc/Ramsey or Silva. Plenty of decent choice, and Mata is probably the strongest £9m player IMO. I'm always wary of players jumping to highly after a good season... also known as the 'Michu Effect'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Losing Lukaku effects the quality of the team IMO. I can't see them signing a forward as good as him. He's good at winning long balls and holding it up so was giving them a quick option out of defence.

Speroni at 5 or Mannone at 4.5 are cheaper options IMO and De Gea is the same price.

I agree with pretty much everything that you said apart from the arguable notion that Lukaku's hold up play is good. I still feel that their defence will be strong, good back four defensively and good protection from the midfield. I'll be looking at getting in one of their defenders after their first seven games, which are awful (except palace at home). I agree that they're probably over-priced until then.

I've Mannone and Krul in myself at the moment (bit worried about Pantilimon possible starting ahead of Mannone though) but switching to De Gea and a non-playing Goalkeeper at 4.0 is also in my mind.

Mata vs Cesc is my main issue at the moment (new manager vs new player is a tough one to weigh up).
    Sigg vs Odemwingie as my 5th midfielder is also a concern but at least that'll be easier when the former's future is settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

First draft;
    Goalkeepers- Krul & Mannone 4.5m each
    Defenders- Sakho 5.5m Debuchy 5.5m Jones 5.5m Cameron 4.5m Stones 5.5m
    Midfielders- Sanchez 10.5m Barkley 7m Eriksen 8m Sterling 8m Albrighton 4.5m
    Forwards- Rooney 10.5m Soldado 8m (cue the h8, think he will come good under potch.) Remy 7.5m pretty happy tbh, Rooney > RVP the chap will be in pieces after the WC rooney desperate to impress.

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    First draft;
    Goalkeepers- Krul & Mannone 4.5m each
    Defenders- Sakho 5.5m Debuchy 5.5m Jones 5.5m Cameron 4.5m Stones 5.5m
    Midfielders- Sanchez 10.5m Barkley 7m Eriksen 8m Sterling 8m Albrighton 4.5m
    Forwards- Rooney 10.5m Soldado 8m (cue the h8, think he will come good under potch.) Remy 7.5m pretty happy tbh, Rooney > RVP the chap will be in pieces after the WC rooney desperate to impress.

I think you could downgrade Stones to someone for 4.5 or 4.0. You have 5 defenders there that you could play, but based on your mids/forward I'm guessing you will play 3-4-3. That extra million means you could upgrade the likes of Sterling to someone like Cesc/Silva/Mata.

I think you could downgrade Stones to someone for 4.5 or 4.0. You have 5 defenders there that you could play, but based on your mids/forward I'm guessing you will play 3-4-3. That extra million means you could upgrade the likes of Sterling to someone like Cesc/Silva/Mata.

yeah was thinking that but with barkley. think everton will be sh1t this season without lukaku.

yeah was thinking that but with barkley. think everton will be sh1t this season without lukaku.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't pick barkley either to be honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,594 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

YvSWvbl.jpg

Thoughts on this lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

#FPL new players added: MID Markovic (LIV) £7.5m, MID Cabella (NEW) £7.5m, DEF Janmaat (NEW) £5.0m. Play: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

#FPL new players added: FWD Costa (CHE) £10.5m, FWD Riviere (NEW) £7.0m, FWD Jutkiewicz (BUR) £5.0m

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

daithijjj wrote: »
    #FPL new players added: MID Markovic (LIV) £7.5m, MID Cabella (NEW) £7.5m, DEF Janmaat (NEW) £5.0m. Play: http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

#FPL new players added: FWD Costa (CHE) £10.5m, FWD Riviere (NEW) £7.0m, FWD Jutkiewicz (BUR) £5.0m

Gonna keep an eye on Markovic. If dribbling feeds into bonus points he has to be up there with the best in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Here we go with attempt 1/????.

315077.PNG

Goalkeepers:
    de Gea @ 5.5m to start. United have some great opening fixtures. Schmeichel as back-up as he's the first choice for Leicester and cheapy enough at 4.5m while guaranteed to play.

Defenders: Terry (6.5m) was a rock last season. Despite him being a c*ck, he can actually defend. Threatens on the set piece too. Debuchy (5.5m) after his recent Arsenal move. Should offer on the attack while enjoying Arsenal's general strong back four performances. Dunne (4.5) should partner Ferdinand for QPR. Brings experience to the QPR side and should be good for some points against lesser teams. Vlaar (4.5m) is another cheap option, slightly swayed by his recent WC performance. Curious if he'll swap teams before the season starts. Evans (5.5m) is my 'wild-card' option currently. If he partners at CB, he'll be worth a punt for his goalscoring chances on the set piece. Was going to go with Rafael at RB for 5.5m as well, but if LvG opts for 3-4-3 at any stage, Rafael may lose out to Valencia.

Midfield:
    This is where to magic happens. Erikson (8m), Sánchez (10.5m), Fábregas (9m) with King (4.5m) and a placeholder of Jenas. Relatively straight forward options.

Attack: van Persie (12.5m) may go to Rooney if RVP isn;t fit for the start of the season after his WC. Having him in now means I have the money for a move if needed without a team reshuffle. Dzeko at 8.5m is a steal imo. Austin at 6.0m offers some goals as well, but may be dropped to free up cash if needed.

Critique away! Wouldn't mind fitting that Markovic chap in somehow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

QPR have agreed a fee for Steven Caulker so I wouldn't be sure Dunne would partner Rio.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    QPR have agreed a fee for Steven Caulker so I wouldn't be sure Dunne would partner Rio.

harry was talking about playing 3 at the back on ssn yesterday remains to be seen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

Will settle with this till Felipe Luis is confirmed.

De Gea - Gilk

Azpil - Debuchy - Ben Davies - Chambers - Zabaleta

Nasri - Sanchez - Albrighton - Eriksen - Fabregas

Long - Costa - Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Not entirely happy with this, but then again ya never are! May well change before gameday 1 as ya know...

Thoughts?

Screenshot+%2528299%2529.png

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Its only a first draft, go easy on me.

;)

Ideally would like a few mil in the bank to play with thoughout the season, although this team leaves me at zero. Going with some cheaper, but hopefully trusted Defenders and Midfeilders.

Mannone----Krul
    Coleman-Zabaleta-Ward-Williams-Davies
    -Sterling-Wilshere-Yaya-Sissoko-Osman-
    Sturridge--Crouch--Remy

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Its only a first draft, go easy on me.

;)

Ideally would like a few mil in the bank to play with thoughout the season, although this team leaves me at zero. Going with some cheaper, but hopefully trusted Defenders and Midfeilders.

Mannone----Krul
    Coleman-Zabaleta-Ward-Williams-Davies
    -Sterling-Wilshere-Yaya-Sissoko-Osman-
    Sturridge--Crouch--Remy

Get wilshere and crouch out of that team deary me. Plenty of others options in midfield for 6.5m

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Get wilshere and crouch out of that team deary me. Plenty of others options in midfield for 6.5m

It is only a first draft, had to do something about the autopic.

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Hi guys, this is a first draft. Feel free to comment.

I've probably spent too much on the midfield five but with the current prices that could be the way to go.

Will probably try fit in a Utd striker once I see whether Rooney or Van Persie starts the season. I need Liverpool cover as well.

Not sure whether Pantilimon or Mannone will be first choice for Sunderland so will change that as necessary.

It will probably change a good bit before the start of the season. :pac:

FF14_15_Draft2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,763 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

At the moment I'm on:

De Gea
    ---Debuchy--Terry--Kolarov----
    Ramsey--Fábregas--Nasri--Sterling
    ---Rooney--Dzeko--Naismith

Mannone--Targett--Albrighton--Vlaar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

First attempt to squeeze RVP and Sanchez in. Will definitely make a lot of changes before the start of the season, waiting for the team transfers news, injuries etc.

Can't wait for the start of the season.

315130.jpg

Advertisement