Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Rikand wrote: »
    no advice just a question, how'd you manage to get 5 spaces on the bench ? ;)

guess they'll be sitting on each other's laps... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

West Hams Sakho or Valencia for a 1 week punt?

Sakho!

I had him pre Xmas - I would love to have him back!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

AdMMM wrote: »
    My front line is Kane, Austin and Aguero.

I suppose I can field the beautifully unconventional 5-4-1 next week if I get rid of PvA, Wisdom and Terry! That would be a -4 and one way of justifying it could be that Chelsea defence isn't as reliable without Matic protecting them? Thoughts?

I'd defintely use it as a chance to get rid of Pva and wisdom and if your looking to play 11 I think taking out Terry over austin is a wise move. Your saving yourself a 4 pt hit by keeping austin. The key this week is having a good capt option you have aguero and I assume an arsenal mid. I wouldn't get too caught up with getting eleven players unless you want to get rid of lads anyway. The week after you will be able to have Kane austin and eriksen without a hit which will give you an edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Not really sure what to do this week or going forward really, any thoughts? 2FTs and 0.9 itb. Thinking of getting rid of PVA for either Bruce or Dawson to give me 11 players for next week. I'm happy enough to keep krul and pelle for this week. Thinking of doing pelle to Austin for the dgw. Any ideas?

Krul
    Bellerin cresswell kompany Hutton PVA
    Adm Sanchez sterling
    Aguero pelle

Myhil albrighton Kane hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Bruce in, Wasi out.

I'll be going 4 4 2 providing PVA starts, if not, so be it as I'm not taking a points hit. Anyone I bring in has get at least 5 points for a return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Arbitrary wrote: »
    Bruce in, Wasi out.

I'll be going 4 4 2 providing PVA starts, if not, so be it as I'm not taking a points hit. Anyone I bring in has get at least 5 points for a return.

It's the best time to take a points hit if you are looking to reshape your time and weed out the non-starters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I've done Terry-->Bertrand and am doubling up on saints defence. If everyone starts(unlikely), I should have a decent squad next week:
    Krul
    Bellerin Toby Bertrand Wollsheid
    Silva Santi Sanchez ADM
    Aguero Ings
    (Foster-PVA Hazard* Kane*)

Not well prepared for the DGW though...
    Will probably just do one of Sanchez, Santi or ADM to Eriksen.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Chesty08 wrote: »
    It's the best time to take a points hit if you are looking to reshape your time and weed out the non-starters!

But there's no panic and like I mentioned the replacement has to bag 5 points to make it profitable. I can afford to have the risk of one non starter in my squad. My backline is made up of...

Foster - Krul

PVA - Terry - Dawson - Clyne - Bruce

If PVA makes another cameo appearance, it could actually work out perfectly assuming Sunderland concede the few goals you'd expect them to.

I have a plan for major team surgery but it's still too early to start making my planned changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

will Olsson go back into wba team and at the expense of who? I am thinking of bringing dawson in

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    will Olsson go back into wba team and at the expense of who? I am thinking of bringing dawson in

I was just looking at WBA myself. Isn't Olsson a CB? If he were to take anyone's place it would surely be McAuley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Dame N'doye tempting anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

Posada wrote: »
    I was just looking at WBA myself. Isn't Olsson a CB? If he were to take anyone's place it would surely be McAuley.

This is why I went for Dawson last week

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

My side is pretty bad this week, probably like most.

Krul

Bruce PVA Bertrand Wollscheid

Walters Sanchez (c) Walcott Boyd

Aguero Defoe

My plan is save FT this week and then in gwk 28 do:

PVA -> Rose
    Walcott - > Eriksen
    Defoe - > Austin

4 point hit. All good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

zarquon wrote: »
    Taking out Eriksen is a bit short sighted with a double gw coming up. Surely better just to bench him for one week.

He's going straight back in for the DGW. Would have had 3 players on the bench otherwise - Eriksen, Hazard and Kane. At this stage it's all about maxing your points.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Right now my thinking is PvA and Baird out, Dawson and Wollscheid in with my 2 FTs. That should give me a definite starting 10, with the hopes that Bellerin returns to the starting line-up for a full XI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ive 5 players with no game in week 27
    Yun
    Hazard
    Zouma
    Erikson
    Kane

Not sure what too do only have 1 transfer. Any feedback/help would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Do people think PVA might regain his place, or at least make an appearance?

madds wrote: »
    He's going straight back in for the DGW. Would have had 3 players on the bench otherwise - Eriksen, Hazard and Kane. At this stage it's all about maxing your points.

It would make more sense to take out hazard in that situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Dame N'doye tempting anyone?

Brought him in last week and did me good :) hull have a nice few fixtures coming up too. He scored the winning goal but got no bonus pts whereas Jelavic scored and got 3bonus, just something to note.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ive 5 players with no game in week 27
    Yun
    Hazard
    Zouma
    Erikson
    Kane

Not sure what too do only have 1 transfer. Any feedback/help would be great

Zouma for someone would be the only transfer that would interest me there seeing as the other 3 have a dgw the next week and I wouldn't ever get rid of Hazard.

Cheap options: Haidara, Wilson, McShane, Dawson, Bellerin etc.
    You could always get him back soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

It would make more sense to take out hazard in that situation.

Have had him since wk1 so wouldn't have been able to get him back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Brought him in last week and did me good :)hull have a nice few fixtures coming up too. He scored the winning goal but got no bonus pts whereas Jelavic scored and got 3bonus, just something to note.
    Of course he did! You bloody b@st@rd :p :pac:.

madds wrote: »
    Have had him since wk1 so wouldn't have been able to get him back in.

If your looking at maxing your points hazard out rather than eriksen is a better move. Get hazard back in a few weeks. I'm not saying taking hazard out is a good move but it's a better 3 gw move than taking eriksen out imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

Anyone any insight into Hull back line. Funds low & looking to switch Baird to someone that's likely to play next week. Prob be bench fodder after that. Basically Bruce or McShane?

Zouma for someone would be the only transfer that would interest me there seeing as the other 3 have a dgw the next week and I wouldn't ever get rid of Hazard.

Cheap options: Haidara, Wilson, McShane, Dawson, Bellerin etc.
    You could always get him back soon.

If I only do zouma I'll only have 10 players this week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I am in the nice position of having 12 possible starters and 2FT this GW. Bellerin and PVA are the main doubts:

Foster (Myhill)
    Jones, Wollscheid, Bellerin, (PVA, Terry)
    Alexis, di Maria, Walters, Boyd, (Hazard)
    Aguero, Giroud, Defoe

Currently considering bringing in Robert Green for Myhill -
    Gives a good rotation with Foster for the next six GW, then one is guaranteed to play GW33 and the other will have a DGW in GW34/37. Would then transfer out the non DGW keeper around GW35 for a keeper with a HHAH finish.

The main drawback is that QPR keep very few clean sheets. Bringing in Guzan would allow similar rotation and a future DGW also, but he may come under pressure from Given. A Villa keeper does however rotate perfectly with Foster, saving me a future transfer.

I suppose the initial question is how will Green fare in the DGW 28, (Arsenal H, Spurs H) and is he a better bet than Foster (Villa A) or Guzan (WBA H) for that GW?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

MrMac84 wrote: »
    If I only do zouma I'll only have 10 players this week

You'd be doing a minus 4 for a player who you may not want anyway whilst replacing a player who will likely play twice (maybe yun won't start both games?) or Hazard who you'd likely want to get back in again later (for a higher price). A lot of people won't be fielding full teams this week, it's not the end of the world. The main question you have to ask yourself is, is doing so worth -4 points, will that change get you +4 points over the foreseeable future than if you don't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Have Terry, Hazard & kane to bench.

Lucas red flagged. Is he definitely out? FPL site claims he should be back on the 21st of February... which was 3 days ago :rolleyes:.
    Baird to replace.
    And maybe PvA too.

Have 2 FT.

Silva rising tonight brings the temptation to get him in for Hazard. But I'm not sure I want to lose £0.4m on Hazard and use 2 transfers on him. I did it for Sanchez and up to now it failed. I think I'm flexible enough :pac:...

I guess GW27 transfers must be done with GW28 in mind. Eriksen in for Cazorla and maybe Austin for Giroud are on my mind for the double. These 2 transfers would actually see me free up £1.8m. I currently have £2.1m in bank. Here are the options I thought about
    1. Baird -> cheap def & Lucas -> £6m mid e.g. Siggy
    2. Baird -> mid priced (£5m) def & Lucas -> £5m mid e.g. Moses
    3. Baird -> premium def (e.g. Bertrand) & keep Lucas (saving a transfer for GW28 and counting on 2 pointers from every cheap midfielders)
    4. Any of these 3 options + PvA -> cheap def
    What do you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭G1032

iroced wrote: »
    Have Terry, Hazard & kane to bench.

Lucas red flagged. Is he definitely out? FPL site claims he should be back on the 21st of February... which was 3 days ago :rolleyes:.
    Baird to replace.
    And maybe PvA too.

Have 2 FT.

Silva rising tonight brings the temptation to get him in for Hazard. But I'm not sure I want to lose £0.4m on Hazard and use 2 transfers on him. I did it for Sanchez and up to now it failed. I think I'm flexible enough :pac:...

I guess GW27 transfers must be done with GW28 in mind. Eriksen in for Cazorla and maybe Austin for Giroud are on my mind for the double. These 2 transfers would actually see me free up £1.8m. I currently have £2.1m in bank. Here are the options I thought about
    1. Baird -> cheap def & Lucas -> £6m mid e.g. Siggy
    2. Baird -> mid priced (£5m) def & Lucas -> £5m mid e.g. Moses
    3. Baird -> premium def (e.g. Bertrand) & keep Lucas (saving a transfer for GW28 and counting on 2 pointers from every cheap midfielders)
    4. Any of these 3 options + PvA -> cheap def
    What do you guys think?

It's 5am so I'm not exactly thinking as straight as I could be but I wouldn't be so sure about getting Austin in. His DGW I think are against Arsenal and Spurs. His form over the last 8 or 9 matches hasn't been that great either. I'm just not so sure he's that good an option and Giroud could easily outscore him in his one match.

Bertie? I'm thinking about bringing him in but am going to wait for news on Alderweireld. I'm also hesitant as Southamptons form will fall off v soon I think. It's fast becoming squeaky bum time!! I reckon we've got most of what we're going to get from Southampton defenders but in saying that it's still very very difficult to ignore their form so far this season. Alderweireld is not the same investment risk as Bertie

• Advertisement

You'd be doing a minus 4 for a player who you may not want anyway whilst replacing a player who will likely play twice (maybe yun won't start both games?) or Hazard who you'd likely want to get back in again later (for a higher price). A lot of people won't be fielding full teams this week, it's not the end of the world. The main question you have to ask yourself is, is doing so worth -4 points, will that change get you +4 points over the foreseeable future than if you don't do it.

Ya that's a good point. I'll move zouma out. Only my first season playing and I can't ask my buddies for advice as were in a pay league!
    Who do people think is the best option for Zouma whos 4.6 million?

Advertisement