Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 27 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CorkyLFC

Anyone having problems making transfers on the site??

Tring to get Cresswell in for Toby. Dunno if its just the site telling me thats a bad idea :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

AdMMM wrote: »
    Need to ship out 2 so I can field 11 next week. Going to ship out Austin for the week that's in it and bring in Stoke's Diouf for a one week punt (or maybe Giroud). Also probably going to go Wisdom -> Haidara for the rest of the season.

I'm trying not to get too carried away with the DGW for Spurs and QPR. It's too easy to think "Oooooh DGW" and bring in loads of players and take points hits that end up only crippling your team for the rest of the season. The most I'll probably do is bring in Eriksen and Austin.
    Can you not hold austin and sell somebody else. I wouldn't take austin out if you plan on getting him back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CorkyLFC wrote: »
    Anyone having problems making transfers on the site??

Tring to get Cresswell in for Toby. Dunno if its just the site telling me thats a bad idea :P

Would you not just hold on to Toby until you know whether he's available this weekend or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Transfers made nice early this GW

Took a 4 point hit - but needed to be done!

Sit back and take a break for now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

I need to sell Baird but the only other player that can come in for 3.9m is Bruce. I see that he went off after 52 minutes on Saturday, anybody know if he was injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Transfers made nice early this GW

Took a 4 point hit - but needed to be done!

Sit back and take a break for now

I wait until Thursday as there are midweek games with my crucial players involved.

wonski wrote: »
    I wait until Thursday as there are midweek games with my crucial players involved.

Neither of the players i have transferred in have midweek games

Neither of the players i have transferred in have midweek games

My thinking is that if - and let's all hope nothing like this happens - one of Aguero / Silva / Sanchez gets injured I will ignore my defence issues and bring attacking player in.

In a week where I can field only 8-9 players I would rather bring forward players who have a chance to score big than a defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I have 2 FTs but I only want to use 1 and then get in 2 Spurs for the DGW.

I am thinking of getting Terry out to give me a 5-4-1 formation this weeeknd (If PVA plays)

Any idea on a good defender to get?

Currently have:
    Panti, Krul,
    (Terry), Jones, PVA, Wollscheid, Bellerin
    Cazorla, Silva, ADM, Boyd
    Aguero

(Hazard), (Austin), (Kane)

Looks like longterm I will have to get rid od PVA too but my plan is to ship him out for Danny Rose next week so I'll gamble that he'll get some gametime this wee; if not I'll only be fielding 10 starters.

menoscemo wrote: »
    I have 2 FTs but I only want to use 1 and then get in 2 Spurs for the DGW.

I am thinking of getting Terry out to give me a 5-4-1 formation this weeeknd (If PVA plays)

Any idea on a good defender to get?

Currently have:
    Panti, Krul,
    (Terry), Jones, PVA, Wollscheid, Bellerin
    Cazorla, Silva, ADM, Boyd
    Aguero

(Hazard), (Austin), (Kane)

Looks like longterm I will have to get rid od PVA too but my plan is to ship him out for Danny Rose next week so I'll gamble that he'll get some gametime this wee; if not I'll only be fielding 10 starters.

Southampton has good fixtures ahead.

Their current run isn't as good as it used to be but I wil go for one of them this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Boots234 wrote: »
    I need to sell Baird but the only other player that can come in for 3.9m is Bruce. I see that he went off after 52 minutes on Saturday, anybody know if he was injured?
    No injury, QPR were down to 10 at that stage so no need for 3 CB's.

He'll be back starting next weekend IMO.

Southampton has good fixtures ahead.

Their current run isn't as good as it used to be but I wil go for one of them this week.

Berty will be back this weekend right?
    He looks decent value compared to the others as his price has dropped. I am unsure about their form however as they seem to have run out of steam as of late. Also I haven't had a Southampton defender all season so I am thinking of remaining belligerent :pac:
    Looking at fixtures for the rest of the season however it looks to me to be between a Southampton and a WBA defender though...Who would be the best WBA option; Dawson?

Berty will be back this weekend right?
    He looks decent value compared to the others as his price has dropped. I am unsure about their form however as they seem to have run out of steam as of late. Also I haven't had a Southampton defender all season so I am thinking of remaining belligerent :pac:
    Looking at fixtures for the rest of the season however it looks to me to be between a Southampton and a WBA defender though...Who would be the best WBA option; Dawson?

Lescott maybe?

My thinking is that if - and let's all hope nothing like this happens - one of Aguero / Silva / Sanchez gets injured I will ignore my defence issues and bring attacking player in.

In a week where I can field only 8-9 players I would rather bring forward players who have a chance to score big than a defender.

My thinking was - my GK needed changing as he was definitely not playing + I want another defender in his team + not guaranteed starter anymore so moving him on was for the better.

I took a midfielder out as he is also not playing this GW and was only a 2 GW punt that didn't work out.

I would not move Silva, Sanchez or Aguero regardless of minor injury for 1 GW

My thinking was - my GK needed changing as he was definitely not playing + I want another defender in his team + not guaranteed starter anymore so moving him on was for the better.

I took a midfielder out as he is also not playing this GW and was only a 2 GW punt that didn't work out.

I would not move Silva, Sanchez or Aguero regardless of minor injury for 1 GW

Makes perfect sense.
    I wish I could afford doing it now, sit back and relax.

With 5 non-starters and PVA in squad I can't afford any surprises.

Add to that that my defenders are getting 1-2 points on regular basis - I rather have 2 zero's in the back and a back up plan up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Done Wisdom to McAuley will still only field 10 at most. Thinking ahead i might take a -4 do Punch and Sturridge to Eriksen and Austin for the dgw.

Lescott maybe?

Dawson seem to be nailed on now (played 90 minutes of the last 4 league games), is 0.6m cheaper and has scored 2 goals this season to Lescott's 1. maybe I am missing something though?

Dawson seem to be nailed on now (played 90 minutes of the last 4 league games), is 0.6m cheaper and has scored 2 goals this season to Lescott's 1. maybe I am missing something though?

Sorry - didn't look at his price. 5.0 is a bit too much.
    I wouldn't know much about WBA squad tbh.

Lescott is nailed to start. Not sure about Dawson.

Makes perfect sense.
    I wish I could afford doing it now, sit back and relax.

With 5 non-starters and PVA in squad I can't afford any surprises.

Add to that that my defenders are getting 1-2 points on regular basis - I rather have 2 zero's in the back and a back up plan up front.

Can see where your coming from!

I moved on Wisdom - lost his place

And had Moreno & PVA in my line up who both came on & contributed 1 pt -

My other defenders are Kompany, Haidara & Bellerin (who is now injured)

I will be left with Kompany & Moreno (who both play against each other) - not expecting anything here

And then Haidara for Newcastle - again defensively not great - not expecting anything here.

Bellerin & PVA - will be benched as I can't see either playing 60+ minutes.

I'll gradually weed them out and upgrade to guaranteed starters - one of my big money attackers is on the chopping block!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

will yoshida keep his place or will alder slot back in?

i brought in yoshida, so i'm hoping he does anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Bellerin & PVA - will be benched as I can't see either playing 60+ minutes.

I'd expect Bellerin to play, he wasn't dropped, he's coming back from injury and Chambers was awful against Palace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Brought in Toby. Hope he starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Can you not hold austin and sell somebody else. I wouldn't take austin out if you plan on getting him back in.
    My front line is Kane, Austin and Aguero.

I suppose I can field the beautifully unconventional 5-4-1 next week if I get rid of PvA, Wisdom and Terry! That would be a -4 and one way of justifying it could be that Chelsea defence isn't as reliable without Matic protecting them? Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

4-3-3 for me next week.

Foster
    Baird PVA Jones Bellerin
    Cork Johnson Sanchez
    Aguero Giroud Sturridge
    Benched: Myhill, Terry, Eriksen, Hazard.

Plan would be to take Terry out for Alder and field him in place of Baird. That'll leave me enough cash to go Giroud to Kane and Johnson to Silva the following week, leaving me with a front line of:

Sanchez Hazard Silva Eriksen
    Sturridge Aguero Kane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

My current team for this week is:

Panti
    Hutton-PVA-Wisdom-Bertrand
    Silva-Cazorla-Downing-Di Maria
    Defoe-Aguero

Subs: Elliot, Terry, Kane, Hazard

In all likelihood, I will have 9 players playing but I have 2 FTs and 3m ITB to put to use.

I've come up with the following plan that I'd like people's thoughts on.

GW27: Wisdom -> Dawson (WBA)
    GW28: Hazard and Defoe -> Eriksen and Sturridge
    GW29: Downing -> Cork (SWA)
    GW30: Di Maria -> Hazard
    GW31: PVA -> Anderwereild

Ok, I know full well that this plan will probably change, especially after the FA Cup quarter finals take place. I'll also probably take a 4 point hit and make the 29 and 30 week transfers in GW29, purely to get Hazard back in ASAP.

I think this is the best way to utilise both the limited teams playing this week and the DGW in GW28.

Anyone got any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm actually thinking of going down a slightly alternative route for this double GW by bringing in Austin. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Guess I’ll be fielding 9 next GW… only 1FT to ship out Lucas…

Foster
    Toby | Bruce | Bellerin | PVA?
    ADM | Cazorla | Luca’s replacement
    Kun | Pellè

Bench: Myhill, Terry, Hazard, Erik, Kane

Any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

sheroman01 wrote: »
    I'm actually thinking of going down a slightly alternative route for this double GW by bringing in Austin. Thoughts?

Apart from injury Austin will replace my useless italian tower...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

West Hams Sakho or Valencia for a 1 week punt?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

bezuaua wrote: »
    Guess I’ll be fielding 9 next GW… only 1FT to ship out Lucas…

Foster
    Toby | Bruce | Bellerin | PVA?
    ADM | Cazorla | Luca’s replacement
    Kun | Pellè

Bench: Myhill, Terry, Hazard, Erik, Kane

Any advice??

no advice just a question, how'd you manage to get 5 spaces on the bench ? ;)

Advertisement