Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Due July 2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

javagal wrote: »
    i have like one and a half stretch marks lol!

the end of pregnancy is horrible, have back pain today too. zoe must be dropping into my pelvis, gonna visit the hospital later if i dont feel better,im sure im being silly but better safe than

You're right to get it checked out, for your own piece of mind.

I swear this baby is trying to chip my rib today!

My belly has lots of stretch marks, but I was expecting it to be a lot worse, as I got them all over my legs and hips when I put on weight in my early 20's.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

kildareash wrote: »
    Mink wrote: »
    Good job finding this list Saurelin, I've added in my boy

notsobusy-2nd July
    Tinkerbell4484 - 4th July - *Girl*
    Mamaheidi-8th July - *Girl*
    Cyning-8th July
    Javagal-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    Nyquist Freak -14th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Twomums2be - 15th July *Girl*
    Silly- 18th July
    Fri.Day - 18th July - *Boy*
    Trions - 22nd July
    Saurelin- 22nd July - *Girl*
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*
    Jennytightlips - 29th July
    theg81der- 31st July - *Boy*

Six girls and three boys so far...a few of us unknowns must be having boys so! Has anyone else found out the sex since we last updated the list?

Woke up in awful pain right where my disc is damaged in my back this morn. I was the same the morning before last. Don't understand why the pain is not constant and I haven't taken anything for it. Must take a bump pic today. The house is still upside down from all our re-organising, have to pick the right spot that doesn't make it look like we live in a tip!

Im having a girl could some1 add me im not sure how!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

notsobusy-2nd July
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    Nyquist Freak -14th July - *Boy*
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Notsobusy-2nd July
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July - *Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

Tinkerbell79 girl added :)

Snap :)

Java you are definately better off getting it checked out if your in any way worried: I know I would :) Even if you just ring them they are very good.

The third tri has been the best for me but then I was coming from such a low bar in the first place :D

I put on alot of weight in my teens: and my weight does tend to yo yo up and down a bit (they joys of having thyroid probs!) and I actually think thats whats saved me from having stretch marks now: my skin is just a bit more used to weight gain and loss! I'm probably totally wrong though!

Good timing Twomums :D

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Robinc

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    notsobusy-2nd July
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

Just added myself in there.

It feels so long ago since we done up the list...can't believe we're only a few weeks away from those dates now.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭tinkerbell79

Snap :)

Thanks cyin and twomums great minds think alike :) its gettin so close now i cant wait for all the babies 2 be born....

• Advertisement

Notsobusy-2nd July
    Cyning-8th July *girl*
    Robinc-9th July - *Girl*
    Kiwi2011-12th July
    Kash-13th July - *Girl*
    WWC1 - 13th July
    KildareAsh-15th July
    Silly- 18th July
    Trions - 22nd July
    March11 - 24th July
    Ginny - 25th July
    Tinkerbell79 - 27th July -*Girl*
    Mink- 28th July - *Boy*

Re adding Tinkerbell79 :) look for the last list folks :D

9 Girls
    4 Boys
    9 Surprises

If current stats run out we should end up with around 15 girls to 7 boys :) will be interesting to see how it ends up!

I'm still lost for a name! Even knowing I'm having a girl you would think I should have a few by now!! I'm hoping when she comes out a light will go off in my head lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Wowee I see I am one of the first to pop, knowing my luck I'll end up being last :D

I can't believe we're nearly there!

Robinc we have changed our minds on the names already. So have narrowed down another girls name and using the name we had picked as a second name and have about 5 boys names including the original one we had picked. So we're just going to wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

OH would love a little girl so hoping it will be a girl so we don't have to think to hard about names! It's amazing though loads of people thought he would be the type to want a boy including myself and I was gobsmacked when he told me he would love a little girl!

I'm just about to go name googling again now!.. want something short, even if I can get a short list of three I'll be happy...

• Advertisement

I'd love to have a short list of names and see what suits the baby, but OH says he doesn't believe in that!
    His surname makes it difficult to pick a name too. Certain names don't go with it!!!!

baby should not be allowed have hiccups and kick and punch at the same time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

9 Girls
    4 Boys
    9 Surprises

If current stats run out we should end up with around 15 girls to 7 boys :) will be interesting to see how it ends up!

God it is so tempting to find out..... We have managed to stay strong so far so hope not to cave in. have a really funny feeling its a boy based on so many girls on list so far!

Im seriously thinking about starting to pack my hospital bag today - even though I pretty much have most stuff bought its just to get it into the bag.

Can anyone tell me what sort of bag they are using for the ward etc - I saw a girl going into the hospital with a suitcase last time I was there????

I'm just using a sports bag but not sure if everything is gonna fit it! Don't really want to use a case.. I wasn't planning on bringing a seperate labour ward bag but at the antenatal classes last week they stressed to leave your main bag in the car and just bring a small bag to the labour ward so I'll bring an oversized shoulder bag for that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I've emailed that final list to myself so that we have it, it will undoubtedly get lost again amongst pages and pages of posts!

Java how'd you get on with hospital?

Getting lots of kicks around ribs now, it sometimes feels like he has 10 knees, elbows, feet etc.

There's a great show on that Home & Health channel called Home Birth Diaries. Seems to be on at 2pm everyday. Even if you're not having a home birth, it shows pretty straightforward births with just a couple midwives handling it, which is what most of ye will end up with in the hospital anyway. It's good cos not as dramatic as One Born.

There was one the other day where it was a midwife having her own homebirth in the birthing pool, the baby came out & wasn't breathing (which often happens) and they got him breathing pretty quickly, it was just reassuring to see that it does happen & easily sorted out. But it wasn't as edited as One Born so you saw the head as it was starting to emerge & then the whole baby coming out. I was watching it going "how the hell am I supposed to get a baby out of that little place?" I guess you just do though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭trions

I'd love to have a short list of names and see what suits the baby, but OH says he doesn't believe in that!
    His surname makes it difficult to pick a name too. Certain names don't go with it!!!!

Good Morning,
    Ash same problem re hubbys surname it has a lot of vowels in it and doesn't suit a lot of the names I love - my maiden name would have been so much easier...

Kiwi at antenatal class they said you can only bring in a 10 kg size bag (Ryanair size) as that's all that will fit in your locker, I still have loads to go into mine and it's already full. Think I will leave another bag in the car with the extra towels, nappies and other bulky things and hubby can take them in as we need them..

Picked up our new car on friday, feels huge compared to what we're used to - am a nervous wreck trying to get in in and out of our teeny tiny driveway - am going to invest in parking sensors prob work out cheaper than a new bumper :rolleyes:

Going moses basket shopping today - any suggestions???

Robinc wrote: »
    I'm just using a sports bag but not sure if everything is gonna fit it! Don't really want to use a case.. I wasn't planning on bringing a seperate labour ward bag but at the antenatal classes last week they stressed to leave your main bag in the car and just bring a small bag to the labour ward so I'll bring an oversized shoulder bag for that!

I'm a terrible over-packer so I think I'm going to have to repack my bags several times to try and reduce the amount of stuff I would bring. I have to have the bags ready anyway in case I need to transfer to hospital.

Mink wrote: »
    I'm a terrible over-packer so I think I'm going to have to repack my bags several times to try and reduce the amount of stuff I would bring. I have to have the bags ready anyway in case I need to transfer to hospital.

I did too! I have a weekend bag for the labour ward with my pjs/nightdress/slippers/etc all my bits and pieces, and then a small suitcase for the ward with all of babies stuff. It is IMPOSSIBLE to fit everything in they want you to bring so much stuff in :rolleyes:

I have all of babies bits in the Eumum bag at the top of my labour bag, and a spare tshirt for hubbie too just to be on the safe side :D

U feel our pain so trions! In our case it's kinda rude! Terrible that u know the kid is going to get teased in school over it no matter what we do!

I've put my stuff for the labour ward in one of those cabin bags, and was using a sports bag for my ward bag. The labour bag is only about half full but the other one is full. By the time u pack nappies and blankets there is a lot of space gone already.

OH is panicking because I haven't the bags zipped up! He thinks im leaving it too late and he's going to be panicking trying to add the last few bits when I go into labour! I have everything I need for the first couple of days just have to get some toiletries. Showed him my list all ticked off last night so he was a bit more reassured and I have to order some comics from amazon for him this wk. I have to print off a fresh list and repack the bags with him so he knows everything is there this week!

Don't think it was the iron tablet that made me feel queasy the other day. I started using this multi seed porridge, during the wk too. I didn't have it yesterday or the day before and I wasn't queasy. Had it this morn and I feel crap again. My body does not like bird seed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I'm finding it really hard to fit everything in to the bags too!
    Almost there though, I think it's just missing some toiletries.

I've felt really crappy the last few days, I have a very sore throat and tickley cough. I was in a deep sleep this morning, dreaming and everything, and woke up coughing so hard that I actually vomited. Gave poor hubby an awful fright.
    I'm drinking honey and lemon like my life depends on it, but it just doesn't seem to be getting better :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

felt much better after i spent some time on my ball thing-
    went for a hike with Kojak this morning too and now i feel great so happy days!

Java a hike??!! Jeez walking up the stairs is enough for me these days :eek: Glad your feeling better now though :)

Kash hope you feel better soon...

My mil is showed me all the bits shes buying for baby for a basket of practical stuff today: she has vaseline, sudocrem, caldascene, more johnsons bath stuff then I have EVER seen in my life, cottonwool, cotton buds, wipes etc... i know shes very annoying sometimes but she really is great :D

Anyone know can I get a crown put on my tooth when pregnant? All the prep work is done I just couldn't get the permanent one done before wedding and then I got pregnant and really sick: and know the temporary yoke is cracked and loose etc. I have no idea if id even be able to cope with a dentist in my mouth though... just aaaggh!

haven't a clue about dentists cyning!!!

Well, maybe it wasnt quite a hike more like a long walk around a forest, got chased by a new mammy swan too! She didn't seem to hear about the code between pregnant ladies

Oh god I have visions of you running away with a swan chasing you :D sorry but put a big smile on my face!!

I'd be attacked by the swan coz I certainly wldnt be able to run away! Thought I was going to keel over doing the grocery shopping today!

Cyning, it's safe to have the anaesthetic, I had to have a tooth taken out a few months ago. I think it's a really small amount that they give u.

• Advertisement

I hate the dentist... and I bet after vomiting non stop my teeth are ruined.

Pwfft.

Kildareash I would definately have been attacked by the swan :P

cyning wrote: »
    I hate the dentist... and I bet after vomiting non stop my teeth are ruined.

Pwfft.

Kildareash I would definately have been attacked by the swan :P

I hate the dentist ever since One who stank of cigarettes locked my jaws when I was a teen. Had an awful fear ever since.

It is important to see the dentist during pregnancy tho because this gum disease can get worse. I have it anyway, so I've had to go to the dentist every three months to have my teeth cleaned. This baby is costing me a fortune!!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Java a hike??!! Jeez walking up the stairs is enough for me these days :eek: Glad your feeling better now though :)

Kash hope you feel better soon...

My mil is showed me all the bits shes buying for baby for a basket of practical stuff today: she has vaseline, sudocrem, caldascene, more johnsons bath stuff then I have EVER seen in my life, cottonwool, cotton buds, wipes etc... i know shes very annoying sometimes but she really is great :D

Anyone know can I get a crown put on my tooth when pregnant? All the prep work is done I just couldn't get the permanent one done before wedding and then I got pregnant and really sick: and know the temporary yoke is cracked and loose etc. I have no idea if id even be able to cope with a dentist in my mouth though... just aaaggh!

Cyning I had filling done. My dentist said it safe to do so.

Okay I will go see what dentist says tomorrow... I still don't know if I'll be able to do anything though what with my fondness for vomiting and all :D all i can do is go and see!! If she'd put on another temporary crown i'd be happy out!

I can not get over how well I am feeling though... I slept last night, I haven't puked in a week, my heartburn seems to have disappeared: honestly if pregnancy was this easy all along it wouldn't have bothered me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Hi girls.

Knackered from the weekend, sister stayed over with her 3 kids last night and I'm shattered from them!
    I had a pounding headache last night, had to get up at 4.30am to take some tablets. Had very little sleep.
    Aaaaand my 11 yr old drank all my 7up!!!! I rarely drink fizzy drinks as I get quite gassy after them but lately water just isn't quenching my thirst! So I'm peeved and too tired to go to the shop.

Re the bags. ( will try and post pic on fb tomorrow) I am using the eumum bag to bring to labour ward with baby's first outfit and little bits like lip balm etc...
    My other bag is a case with everything else ( except my going home outfit) in it. There will be nothing for my hubby to throw in last min as I have a spare phone charger, and I'll have my camera charged and in the bag already.

Cyning, delighted your feeling good girl! enjoy it!

starting painting tomorrow, nesting is unreal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭minibear

Hi girls, long itme lurker here and i've been following all your journeys for the last while. I'm due on July 25th.

Looking at the other threads here on boards i can't believe how many are due in July compared to other months! what was it about October, did we have a cold spell that necessitated a bit of extra snuggling? :)

Ah here now your starting to make me feel bad... You do more at 35 weeks pregnant then I do not pregnant :D I Was half thinking of knitting a hat to match my cardi tomorrow!!

Hi minibear and welcome :) last oct was definitely a busy one!!

Ah here now your starting to make me feel bad... You do more at 35 weeks pregnant then I do not pregnant :D I Was half thinking of knitting a hat to match my cardi tomorrow!!

lol,my house is just pissing me off and oh refused to paint it so i purposely spilt things on the wall or let the dining chairs scrape the wall so he'd have to let me paint Mwahaha!

• Advertisement

lol,my house is just pissing me off and oh refused to paint it so i purposely spilt things on the wall or let the dining chairs scrape the wall so he'd have to let me paint Mwahaha!

Evil genius! Don't over do it tho...u shld be conserving ur energy :)

ill stick to skirtings! oh secretly loves an oul paint!

ill stick to skirtings! oh secretly loves an oul paint!

Lucky u! When my oh was Really sick a few years ago, it was the little plans to paint and DIY projects that kept him going, but it's so hard to motivate him to do anything now!
    We painted the downstairs hall at Easter, and he's had so many plans to do the stairs and landing, which were supposed to be done at the same time. It's unlikely it'll be done before the baby arrives now!

minibear wrote: »
    Hi girls, long itme lurker here and i've been following all your journeys for the last while. I'm due on July 25th.

Looking at the other threads here on boards i can't believe how many are due in July compared to other months! what was it about October, did we have a cold spell that necessitated a bit of extra snuggling? :)

welcome mimibear. And congrats to you!
    October certainly was a busy month - i know a good few people personally that are due in july too! i'm sure to meet at least one in the hospital in july.
    What hospital are you attending?

Girls, re the painting..the thought of it is making me tired! Oh is too busy to even put a nail in the wall so we can at least hang at least one wedding pic..not to mind paint a wall.
    I think all our painting will be done after baby is born..

silly wrote: »

welcome mimibear. And congrats to you!
    October certainly was a busy month - i know a good few people personally that are due in july too! i'm sure to meet at least one in the hospital in july.
    What hospital are you attending?

Girls, re the painting..the thought of it is making me tired! Oh is too busy to even put a nail in the wall so we can at least hang at least one wedding pic..not to mind paint a wall.
    I think all our painting will be done after baby is born..

I think the whole of last year was a busy baby making time! From last Xmas to late August/September we have something like 19 or 20 relatives or friends that have had or are due babies!
    Sales of condoms etc must really be taking a hit this year!

sweet jesus, i hate my boss.
    Rang my dr today, and she needs to see me at 34 weeks (tomorrow) but i need to get my blood taken first so she can check my iron, so i have to get that done today (as it takes about a week for results to come back) so i can see dr before i turn 35 weeks...
    Rang my boss saying that i needed to pop out for 30 mins this evening to get blood taken and he was not impressed. There are only 3 girls who know how to answer the phone (i'm on reception) and one is off today, he said he cannot spare other girl to cover the phones..i said, well i have to get my blood taken..and he said oh alright then....making me feel guilty.
    I have repeatedly asked him over the last yr that other people need to be shown how to answer the phone - there are a few young males here that could do it, but this place is sooooooo sexist they wouldnt dream of asking one of them...so its left to the ladies.
    AAAARRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!

oh and I have about 20 days left of work and no cover yet....I need about 10 days of training....i'm hoping now that i do get signed out early...it will serve him right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

Silly, that is ridiculous. I don't know why companies insist on being so short sighted sometimes.

I am sick as a dog. Actually, my dogs are way healthier than me right now. I have a throat made of razorblades and glass, a near constant cough, and a nose so blocked that it has given me a headache. I just want to go to bed, but I have to train up my replacement, and if i flake out, she'll be lost.

And the gaddamned doctor was suposed to call me back at 10:30, still no word. Grrr.

I just hope it's gone soon - I have visions of trying to give birth whilst also coughing up a lung :(

Kash wrote: »
    And the gaddamned doctor was suposed to call me back at 10:30, still no word. Grrr.

Kash can you pop out to the doctors during the day today so if there is something you can take, then you can start taking it & feel better. I've started training my replacement today too so I'm praying my back will be fine til I get it all done.
    felt much better after i spent some time on my ball thing-
    went for a hike with Kojak this morning too and now i feel great so happy days!

Yeah the birthing balls are great for the aul back. I don't know how you went for that walk, I can't walk properly at all & it makes me really sore :(
    I can not get over how well I am feeling though... I slept last night, I haven't puked in a week, my heartburn seems to have disappeared: honestly if pregnancy was this easy all along it wouldn't have bothered me!!

You, above all preg people on here, deserve to feel better!!!

Welcome to the July club! There's probably only 15-20 of us on this thread, we just talk (well, type) a LOT. We have a LOT to say, EVERY day, it's great :D
    silly wrote: »
    there are a few young males here that could do it, but this place is sooooooo sexist they wouldnt dream of asking one of them...so its left to the ladies.

Same in my office! They've only ever trained up the females to cover reception. Drives me mad

On a separate note, I finally got some stuff done on my list of... stuff. Really it was spring cleaning things that was supposed to be done in spring, but I found I had the energy & time with the bank holiday to actually do it. It's amazing how much better you feel when you cross even one thing off the list, it subdues the panic for a day or so :rolleyes:

All I can say is whoever invented microfibre cloths is a genius!

This... never say stuff like this: after spending 20 minutes on my hands and knees in the bathroom last night retching and vomiting: no more jinxing myself :D (although I feel fine this morning again: is that jinxing myself more??!!)

Kash definately ring doc again or call in... no point in being sick all night because the doc forgot to ring you back.

Kash agree with Cyning on ringing back docs...there are some things you can take during pregnancy so hopefully one of them will suit your symptoms...sounds awful!

Cyning not sure if you have re-jinxed yourself but heck how can you not cheer about feeling better considering your pregnancy illness!

Has anyone gone to one of those mothercare evenings after the store closes? There is one on this Thursday but wondering if we will go or not.

Bought another few bits for my bag yesterday :) not nearly ready but getting there!

• Advertisement
Advertisement