Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 aarondignam

did you have to pay customs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Never had any problems with them.
    Have had to pay customs about half the times I've ordered from them.

thanks lads
    god i hate customs
    its a 200 euro order so ill keep my fingers crossed hopefully it'll be ok

anyone order aegs from there or is there a ban on that now ?

There isnt a ban, but you'll find the majority of RSOVs AEGs fire a good bit over the limit and I cant recall whether or not they downgrade.
    I generally use them for parts and accessories.

so customs would actually test them ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Moved to Experiences/advice with Airsoft retailers thread

sorry about that

so customs would actually test them ?

Well I'd imagine so..... If they get stopped that is. And if they stop a gun over the limit, well I think we know what happens then!! Its not worth the risk.

I'm sure you could ask about downgrades, but in most cases AEGs are in my experience best bought Irish or from WGC(they do do downgrades).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,120 ✭✭✭moggser

gunner's do downgrades well they try any way lol there parts are good but workmanship is shoddy they charge too depending if its a up-downgrade lol
    i mean ya can pay for a upgrade to put better parts in to it and also brings the fps down to our current limit
    but they do tend to make a shamles of it at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

They are fond of boring holes in things to reduce fps :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Or clipping springs like they did with my FNC :p It came in legal at least but it was firing at 220-230 fps.

Or when wolfie got the full package done on his AKS74U and it crapped out after a few games, turned out the anti-reversal latch spring had snapped, first time I've ever seen that. Fixed it and then the main spring snapped in two :eek:

Still at least they do downgrade which is more then most asian retailers do.

They are very inventive when it comes to being lazy, some lad just sitting in the corner with a drill, waiting to be chucked some poor aeg, probably not even out of its box, he just aims and brrrrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzwhee and an aeg or gas gun is like a piece of ineficient balistic swiss cheese.

Replacing an air nozzle, ok, I had to patch up a gas system with solder! Thankfully it worked, but sheesh, not only that but foamy spongey ****e glued into the trigger mechanism.

Gunner airsoft, pay for the downgrade, or pay for the downgrade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Gunners have a really wierd setup for their dowgrade options though with only some AEG's having it. They claim it's because they haven't had much success with some AEG types but they, for example, have the Kalash AK74 with the option but not the AKS74 which is the same gun internally. Very strange.

Hmm, the kalash ak's are easier than a tm to get the GB out of too.

I'd say its an oversight in implementation on the web site, rather than a rational issue with downgrading.

Given gunners size, I'd say they have quite a few staff, not all of which give a damn or consider the irish market downgrade as important, alot of their gear going to the US I'd imagine.

I will be sure, and advice others to also, make it clear via e-mail you want a downgrade using an ms90, not a drill or other ruinous method.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Have a quick question , ordered from Redwolf yesterday and upon returning to them after paying through Paypal , I recieved an error message saying 'send email to us including your unique order code , email address etc'. So i went to paypal and it said the order was processing and I then went to order history on Redwolf and it said the order was processing.That was ok but I only recieved and email from Paypal for a receipt of the money I sent , but no email from redwolf like I usually do. Would this be due to it being the weekend or what? Has it ever happened to anyone else?.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Have a quick question , ordered from Redwolf yesterday and upon returning to them after paying through Paypal , I recieved an error message saying 'send email to us including your unique order code , email address etc'. So i went to paypal and it said the order was processing and I then went to order history on Redwolf and it said the order was processing.That was ok but I only recieved and email from Paypal for a receipt of the money I sent , but no email from redwolf like I usually do. Would this be due to it being the weekend or what? Has it ever happened to anyone else?.

Its happened to me once or twice....whatever process they use seems to pick up on the error though, and my orders were processed as normal. Probably no harm to drop them a line if you want the peace of mind though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Shiva wrote: »
    Its happened to me once or twice....whatever process they use seems to pick up on the error though, and my orders were processed as normal. Probably no harm to drop them a line if you want the peace of mind though.

Thanks for the reply , but already did. Just wanted to see if it's happened to anyone else.

right ok i can confirm that airguns.ie are a bunch of losers to be honest
    i ordered something about 6 weeks ago and they took payment ok amd never answerd my emails whenthey got back to me about a week and some days later they told me they was out o stock and refunded me all but 4.99 of my money which i thought was odd why not the full amount
    so here is my summary of it they rob peter to pay paul ill post a reply to one of my many mails looking for the rest of my money which they took about 4 weeks to answer me

here is the last email isent to them in a bad mood i must admit

where in the **** is the rest off my refund
    do i have to get solicitors involved
    a reply to a email dont take long does it

and here is tere reply to that

Subject: Re: Inquiry From Website
    Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 12:02:05 +0000

Go **** yourself u stupid ****, you put a dispute on the full amount and I've already refunded you all but 4.99 as I was waiting on another paypal purchase to go through website. All orders since had being paid through worldpay therefore the 4.99 was temporarily on hold.
    Now you can fly up my hole as u'll be waiting as long as it takes
    You queer ****

Charming :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

great way to do business

• Advertisement

aint it just
    only for they are so far away id be down to pay a visit
    thats even if they have a place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

id be surprised if they make enough with that attitude to be able to pay overheads

the way i figure them now is
    if you order something they have your money to pay me back my refund
    and if your waiting on your refund younoy gonna get it till someone else buys something

A business is only as good as its worst served customer imo.

You can send out an aeg thats been payed for and get money in, and everyone is happy, its when theres a feck up you see how actually good they are.

Ehobby, for example, are grand 90% of the time, but when theres a fault they are a pain in the arse, gunner recently too, but mistakes happen, and e-mails over looked, when ye reply like that, thats where its an attitude problem also.

Feck em.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

moggser wrote: »
    i ordered something about 6 weeks ago and they took payment ok amd never answerd my emails whenthey got back to me about a week and some days later they told me they was out o stock and refunded me all but 4.99 of my money which i thought was odd why not the full amount
    so here is my summary of it they rob peter to pay paul ill post a reply to one of my many mails looking for the rest of my money which they took about 4 weeks to answer me

Go **** yourself u stupid ****, you put a dispute on the full amount and I've already refunded you all but 4.99 as I was waiting on another paypal purchase to go through website. All orders since had being paid through worldpay therefore the 4.99 was temporarily on hold.
    You queer ****
    LMFAO Professinal or what LOL

Man im rofling so bad XD

yeah i know aint it great

i know other lads here had bad expeiences with them and others had good

but there ya go
    my experince lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

moggser wrote: »

You queer ****

Sadly, the ridiculous clown car prices they have on their website for TM stuff will still keep pulling people in. They'll keep on stiffing people, knowing that Irish people are rubbish at voting with their feet. Sigh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

ROFL, thats brilliant.

anyone who buys from that eejit after seeing this deserves to be shafted. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Sadly, the ridiculous clown car prices they have on their website for TM stuff will still keep pulling people in. They'll keep on stiffing people, knowing that Irish people are rubbish at voting with their feet. Sigh.
    As I said in my earlier post, if they send you an order confirmation for anything you order, then you have them. There is a contract in place, and you just have to be willing to file with the small claims court to nail the buggers.

i was just looking at those prices and how can they be right ?
    like is it all legit gear or what ?

• Advertisement

well they tell you its a wharehouse clear out
    you seen what they said to me so i'd stay away from them if i was you
    up to you do if ya like the abuse he's good for it lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Back in January I got a Tm mk23 of them bought on the Monday got it on the Wednesday.

Overall the service was good but as you have shown moggser they are cowboys

I'm sure the retailers on here know the wholesale price on TM gear, are these guys actually making a profit?

If they are it must be a very small margin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

I'm sure the retailers on here know the wholesale price on TM gear, are these guys actually making a profit?

If they are it must be a very small margin.

They are selling dead stock, warehouse clearance items, bankruptcy stock, end of lines. They are probably buying odds & sods at 30% of it's RRP.
    Margin may be ok with such stock, but it comes with no warranty. Hence the majority of retailers don't touch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Probably best to email to confirm item is in stock before paying.
    I got two TM MP7A1 from them without a problem, delivery in 48/72 hrs.
    Brand new quality Toyko Marui items, perfect.
    Granted, when buying clones, a "warranty" is useful.
    But at those prices for genuine TM gear, It's hard to resist.
    It's up to ppl to decide for themselves.
    The guy seems to have a unique approach to customer relations :D

tonky wrote: »
    The guy seems to have a unique approach to customer relations :D

Fcuk you ye soopid bashtard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Charming. :confused:

tonky wrote: »
    Charming. :confused:

Trying to do an impression of what yerman might have said :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Trying to do an impression of what yerman might have said :o

Not very funny mate,

Please refrain from such posts in the future

• Advertisement

Fair enough, was meant to be a parody of the reply moggy got, but I obviously missed the mark, sorry Tonky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Tactical Gear Depot, now some apexpro ****e, is a woful shop I'd advise everyone to stay clear off.

I ordered two Eotechs of them a month ago. They arrived in due course, but both of them broken on arrival, I believe one has fixed itself magically but the other is still broken. After 5 e-mails, and waiting 3 weeks, I have received one response from them saying " Sorry for delay our server went down how can I help" and thats it, absolutely no response for them on how to fix the matter.

I'm demanding a refund of them now and they can go ****e if they think I'm sending the Eotechs back at my expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Gaiscioch (^.^)

TheDoc wrote: »
    Tactical Gear Depot, now some apexpro ****e, is a woful shop I'd advise everyone to stay clear off.

I ordered two Eotechs of them a month ago. They arrived in due course, but both of them broken on arrival, I believe one has fixed itself magically but the other is still broken. After 5 e-mails, and waiting 3 weeks, I have received one response from them saying " Sorry for delay our server went down how can I help" and thats it, absolutely no response for them on how to fix the matter.

I'm demanding a refund of them now and they can go ****e if they think I'm sending the Eotechs back at my expense.

i ordered etechs off them when they where tactical gear depot about the same time you did, i found they replyed to e mails the very next day....(i sent a few off to him) he had good english, "Omix_nigo" was the person i was talking to. My eotech seems fine so far...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Since they became apextacpro they went to ****e. Your man omix is a legend, but I think he only does trade now.

Avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Ordered a neoprene mask of airsofteire yesterday and got it about an hour ago. Thanks for the great service, and I like your business cards :D

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Since they became apextacpro they went to ****e. Your man omix is a legend, but I think he only does trade now.

Avoid.

i will agree there i ordered from them when they was switching and they was awfull to deal with all talk before they got money then soon as they got the funds they wouldn reply to me at all not even a kiss me arse we got your money or what ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

I ordered a vert from apextacpro about 3 weeks ago and it turned up exactly 5 working days later.

Must have got them on a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Ordered a neoprene mask of airsofteire yesterday and got it about an hour ago. Thanks for the great service, and I like your business cards :D

You're welcome. ;)

As for the comment regarding the wholesale prices of the Marui gear, some people got amazing deals, especially on the PSG-1, as all of those prices were actually lower than our wholesale prices. No competing with them, fair play to them. :cool:

Steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I requested some kimber grips off the apex tac pro or whatever they are, still haven't gotten word from them regarding their paypal money request..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Still no reply to my mails, I'm defo getting the feeling I just got fobbed off.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Still no reply to my mails, I'm defo getting the feeling I just got fobbed off.

i was getin that too doc when i was mailin the ****ers wouldn answer it at all when i threatned them with a paypal dispute they got straight on to me
    maybe you can do same even tho ya got the stuff ya can still dispute
    the fact that the goods ain workin i know thats what i'd do

• Advertisement
Advertisement