Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

October 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Entropy7

Sorry to hear your news.

I have been fairly worried the last 2 weeks. During an unsuccessful pregnancy last year, I had a bit of trouble between 8 and 10 weeks which was diagnosed as a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks appointment.

But all that worry lifted when I heard my baby's heartbeat on Friday night using the angelsounds doppler at home, at 10 weeks + 2 days.

I was so happy I bought the doppler as it really has made me chill out. I might actually start to enjoy this pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rith

This is my first baby. I got a letter this morning to make an appointment with the hospital. I'm going public in cavan. I rang up and they said I'll have a scan around 12 weeks ( I'm nine weeks now) and my first appointment will be around 16 weeks. I feel like that's kind of late for a first appointment but as it's my first I don't know. Also I had blood tests at gp at seven weeks but nurse said I'll get the results at next appointment but I don't have any gp appointments lined up and the secretary in hospital said I don't need to go to gp before the 16 week appointment so I don't know what happens with those blood tests. It's really unnerving on your first just waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MsGrumpy

Hi Rith, every hospital is different when to comes to scans and appointments. I will be having my scan and medical history done in Limerick at 11+6, the following week ill have my bloods done in Ennis.

As for your blood tests with the gp, I've never had them done with my gp and this is my second pregnancy. I'm sure if you give them a call they will give you the results.

thanks, Yeh I think I'll call gp and check results. Ive a private scan booked for 11 +6 too as we have a family party that weekend and I want to tell people,but I want to have a scan first. I'm counting the days till then, think I'll feel reassured when I see the baby

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭orlyice

Hi ladies, just back from my 12 week scan. All is looking good thank god, just one in there. Good strong heartbeat. Did lose a week,my due date has been changed to the 6t. going to announce it properly at weekend. The relief is unreal! Going for a celebratory pizza with hubbie and then back to the healthy eating tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭nono2012

congrats Orlyice, that's great news... :) delighted for you, I am 10 weeks today and have 2 scans with 2 strong heart beats in both so we have started to tell family and close friends, please God everything will keep going strong from here on it.. O that's great news I am delighted :)

Congratulations orlyice, great news, I would say the relief is amazing. Enjoy the pizza x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Just back from our first scan. In and out in 20 mins. Was very impressed.
    Tiny little figure on the screen with the heart pumping away goodo. I'm exactly 10 weeks and from today on I'll be telling people. Was very afraid before this because I was feeling so well with very dew symptoms.gonna enjoy every minute from here on in.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 supersiren

Hi all joining in today was afraid to before but just back from our first scan this evening..so unreal and exciting. I'm 9 weeks tomorro was hoping a couple of weeks later so we could tell a few people but another little while to wait. Due date 23rd October. Everything looked good thank god..perfect heartbeat and we even got a little movement!! Can't stop looking at the scan picture and seeing the little person that's inside of me😄 good luck to all x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

Hi guys, I'm going public with Holles Street. Got my letter in the post and was advised to call and book first scan. Gave me a date at the end of June! Miles away. Can I just pay for a scan beforehand? 8 weeks now, but would really like to check everything okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Hi guys, I'm going public with Holles Street. Got my letter in the post and was advised to call and book first scan. Gave me a date at the end of June! Miles away. Can I just pay for a scan beforehand? 8 weeks now, but would really like to check everything okay.

You can book a scan in a private company before your hospital appt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Can I join ?
    I had what I thought was my 8week scan today ( while the eclipse was happening ) - turns out im 11 weeks !!
    delighted I could start telling people today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Feeling very down with myself today.

I have always had a back problem since i was a teenager. Every few months or so it flares up.

Boy did it flare up today! The day of my nephews confirmation, with me being his sponsor.

Im unable to straighten my legs, so am now walking hunched over to get around. It's so embarrassing resembling an 80 year old

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bunsbun

Feel absolutely rank today. I'm 11 weeks tomorrow. I felt like i'd been injected with a tranquiliser last night going to bed. This morning, I feel like my body is rattling on the inside, i'm really dizzy and almost feel like i'm not 'here' kinda thing. Anyone else experienced something like this? It's rotten and i'm still incredibly tired. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27 hawii50

Welcome foodaholic and congratulations! Very exciting times!! I had my first scan on Friday too (also during the eclipse!) all good thank God, we were very happy to find out it was doing well and there was only one in there (there are a lot of twins on my hubbies side!!).

Sorry to hear ye aren't feeling well cruais and bunsbun, its a horrible feeling, especially in the early stages as you still cant tell too many people. I feel nauseous pretty much all of the time and it gets worse after I eat and also worse if I dont eat so I cant really win at the moment. Ill be 12 weeks on Wednesday so I'm hoping it will start to ease in the next few days/weeks.
    Cruais have you been going to physio or see anybody about your back? It sounds like you are in agony God love you!
    Bunsbun, I was reading up about dizziness yesterday as I was experiencing the same thing and unfortunately its completely normal but hopefully it will ease for you in the coming days. It will all be worth it in the end :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Bunsbun

hawii50 wrote: »
    Welcome foodaholic and congratulations! Very exciting times!! I had my first scan on Friday too (also during the eclipse!) all good thank God, we were very happy to find out it was doing well and there was only one in there (there are a lot of twins on my hubbies side!!).

Sorry to hear ye aren't feeling well cruais and bunsbun, its a horrible feeling, especially in the early stages as you still cant tell too many people. I feel nauseous pretty much all of the time and it gets worse after I eat and also worse if I dont eat so I cant really win at the moment. Ill be 12 weeks on Wednesday so I'm hoping it will start to ease in the next few days/weeks.
    Cruais have you been going to physio or see anybody about your back? It sounds like you are in agony God love you!
    Bunsbun, I was reading up about dizziness yesterday as I was experiencing the same thing and unfortunately its completely normal but hopefully it will ease for you in the coming days. It will all be worth it in the end :-)

Thanks for your sweet reply. Really appreciate it. Huge congrats for Wednesday. Well done on making it this far. ;) xx

Thanks hawii50 :)

Thankfully, today seems to be a better day....my back seems to have de spasmed.:)

My mum reckons that the baby has somehow hit off a nerve or is pressing a nerve and thats how i was in agony. Fingers crossed it doesnt happen again

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is well. Cruais, sorry to hear u had trouble with your back, glad ur feeling better x

Had my scan and booking in last week in Limerick and had bloods and seen doc yesterday in Ennis hospital , which is the norm for people living in the Clare area. But got scanned again which was great :) so both scans showed a very active baby with a good heartbeat.

Had my glucose tolerance test today too. They found glucose in my wee last week so had to have asap- might have something to do with the bag of sugary jellies I had before I went in! Was going to have it anyway due to my bmi. All that lucozade on an empty stomach this morning.... Yeuk! So had blood taken 4 times in 24 hours, my arm has a lot of puncture marks.

Anyone else coming out of the first trimester noticing symptoms are easing off? I can actually stay awake past 9pm now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kvicka

hi ladies,

ill join ye, quick question how many weeks am i if last period was 8th of jan?
    wont get my scan in limerick till 9th of april...which i feel is still so long...had a miscarriage last year at exactly the 12 week mark and am worried sick now....
    spesking of which i am too...throwing up a lot, and feeling tired...i guess thata part of it....wishing all other mommys to e a great first scan

Kvicka, my last period was the 8th Jan as well and they have given me a due date for the 14th Oct :):):) I am 12 weeks on Wednesday the 1st April (Aprils Fools) : P Sorry to hear about your miscarriage last year but please God all will go ok this time round..

How is everyone else doing? I feel a bit more nauseated and weaker/light headed since the 9 week mark.. Next Docs App is the 9th April for another heartbeat scan.. Hopefully all will go ok. It really is a very nerve wrecking time throughout isn't it?

• Advertisement

Im the same as you nono2012, Ive been feeling worse in the last few weeks, just when I thought it might start easing off. My GP recommended I visit the What to Expect When Youre Expecting website, she had a baby recently herself and she swears by it so I find that very helpful when it comes to tips on easing symptoms. Its a really nice website anyway as its not too scary and it makes you feel more excited than nervous about each step of the babys development. Yeah it is a very nerve-wrecking time, I find myself querying every little pain or movement I feel in my stomach (which is usually gas, another delightful pregnancy symptom) I feel pregnancy weeks last about 10 times longer than normal weeks! We'll all get there in the end:-)

Very eventful 24hours for me girls. 12 weeks today.
    I am in Abu Dhabi visiting my cousin and we were in a beautiful hotel yesterday having a fabulous brunch, went to toilet and noticed I was bleeding slightly. My heart absolutely stopped and I rushed back to tell my cousin (who is my hero at the minute btw)
    She bundled me into car and headed straight for nearest hospital where I can only say they were exceptional. Fast tracked straight to doc who gave me a full examination, injection and prescribed tablets. Because it was a Friday they couldn't give me an ultrasound until this morning. Such a horrible, worrying night but had no bleeding at all last night.
    Back out to hospital this morn, brought straight in for my ultrasound, the girl got me all set up, put on gel etc, rubbed the stick thing on my belly and then turns to me and says "ok I go get doctor". I nearly fúcking died. Went into hysterics.
    Radiologist came in and told me to calm down. What hadn't been explained to me was that out here they have an assistant for EVERYTHING. The first girl was only setting up for the doctor.
    Heartbeat excellent, size excellent, everything perfect. Cannot explain how thankful I am. Such a fright to get so far away from home but as the doctor said to me "home is everywhere when you have good people"
    Sorry for long post but don't want to worry folks at home so good to come here and share.

Heldel00, my god, you had an awful fright. What a 24 hours, thank god you had your cousin there with u. Thank god baby is ok, the little devil giving u a fright like that.

U out there for much longer? Such a thing to happen while ur away. xx

Leaving on Wednesday. Now that I know everything is ok and baby is fine I'm going to try and make the most of next few days. Plenty of rest by the pool in 27 degree heat can surely only do baby and me the world of good!
    My cousin was an absolute star. She was very strong but melted completely on me today when I told her everything was ok. The relief was huge for her as well.

heldel00 wrote: »
    Leaving on Wednesday. Now that I know everything is ok and baby is fine I'm going to try and make the most of next few days. Plenty of rest by the pool in 27 degree heat can surely only do baby and me the world of good!
    My cousin was an absolute star. She was very strong but melted completely on me today when I told her everything was ok. The relief was huge for her as well.

its cold cold, wet and windy here so very jealous! U deserve some relaxation by the pool after that In fairness! maybe some icecream or non alcoholic cocktails, strictly for baby benefit :) fair play to her, sounds like she is a good person to have in a crisis! Enjoy the rest of ur time over there hun, Glad everything is good. xx

Have my 2nd scan on wednesday morning. Should be the 12 / 13 week mark.

We are dying to tell people! When are you all planning to tell or have you done so already?

Wow Heldel00 that was an eventful few days, glad to hear everything is ok, I can imagine you are very relieved. Enjoy the rest of your holiday now and try not to worry about a thing. These little ones are a lot tougher than we think!!

Cruais, Im 13 weeks on Wednesday too. We told our families and a few friend last week and will probably tell a few more this weekend. Im away with work next week so Im going to wait until Im back to tell my employers. Its actually a releif to be getting to this stage as its so hard to keep it a secret. I have been really nauseous the whole way through and I look like Ive been dragged through a ditch backwards most days so Id say people dont know what is going on with me!!!

I went to the booking appointment today. It was great to see a heartbeat and baby leaping around. Absolutely thrilled!

Entropy7 wrote: »
    I went to the booking appointment today. It was great to see a heartbeat and baby leaping around. Absolutely thrilled!

Glad everything went well entropy7.

Just had my 2nd appointment this morning and everything went great. Baby was lying on his back side but performed for the camera and did a little jig.

So got my date as the 10th of October. Huge relieve that everything went well.

Great news to hear ladies, I am 12 wks today and have told who I want to.. Feeling great :)

• Advertisement

Happy easter Ladies. Hope ye Enjoy all the yummy chocolate xxx

Had a scan on Saturday in scanme in Mullingar, it was great. We saw the baby touching it's hands on its face and kicking it's legs. I am so much more relaxed now the scan went well. Got a new due date of 27th October. I wasn't sure of my dates so it's good to have an estimate now of when baby might come. We have told all our friends and family now and everyone is so happy it's grea. I feel I can really enjoy the pregnancy now having seen the baby. If only the nausea and tiredness would go away :-)

Glad everything went great for you rite, sounds like you have an active little one!

Well I am gone into second trimester and symptoms have eased greatly, hopefully it will be the same for you soon enough too. I love being able to stay up past 9! It's lovely being able to share the good news with everyone too xx

One born every minute. Yay or nay?

heldel00 wrote: »
    One born every minute. Yay or nay?

Depends.... Are you on your own? Is your partner there? How would they feel about it? If you are not a worrier then I would Watch it!

Personally, I have watched loads shows like that but I like to know what's ahead of me.... I have gone as far as to watch proper birthing videos on YouTube... I actually felt better after it!!

orlyice wrote: »
    Depends.... Are you on your own? Is your partner there? How would they feel about it? If you are not a worrier then I would Watch it!

Personally, I have watched loads shows like that but I like to know what's ahead of me.... I have gone as far as to watch proper birthing videos on YouTube... I actually felt better after it!!

Yeah We decided to bite the bullet and watch it here. Bawling like a baby. I'm an emotional wreck. So amazing.
    (But no way am I watching any proper birthing videos just yet!!!)

Hi ladies..

Having a crap day, I've just found out I have diabetes! They found glucose in my wee at my 12 week, so was send for a gtt 2 weeks ago. Heard nothing since, thought I was in the clear. Got another appointment in the door this morning for Friday so rang them. They had no record of me attending. So after a while searching they found my results. They weren't good.

So got a call from diabetic midwife, have an appointment with her tomorrow. She wants me on insulin before the weekend! I'm devastated. Terrified I was diabetic before I became pregnant And the high sugar level could have harmed the bab. I'm also crap with needles. Blood sugar was always High, due to obesity and pcos.

Told hubby, don't want to tell anyone else, well other than the boards ladies, Actually feel bit better now.

Hey orlyice, sorry to hear that.. I don't know much on diabetes so I cant really comment only to say I am here for you if you need to talk...

nono2012 wrote: »
    Hey orlyice, sorry to hear that.. I don't know much on diabetes so I cant really comment only to say I am here for you if you need to talk...

Thanks Nono for ur lovely post. Yea it's such a pain! I thought if I had it then it would be diet and maybe meds, would have been fine with that, but giving myself insulin... I hate needles, can't even look at someone getting one, have to work myself up if I'm getting one, and then imagine I'm on a beach in the Caribbean sipping a cocktail.

I was on a low GI diet when I got pregnant and for the first few weeks after I found out so I hope my sugar levels were stable enough that it didn't affect the baby's heart developing properly. From what I've read online that if sugar levels are high in the first 8 weeks it can cause it. Guess I will know more tomorrow, hopefully they will scan me, going to ask them anyway... Get bit more reassurance. God I'm going to drive myself mad if I don't stop looking things up online!!

• Advertisement

I hope all goes well tomorrro and make sure to ask all the questions you need, I have a list for my next app, :) well I have 4 questions but what better place to find out the answers :) The Internet is deadly for misinformation so try not to worry yourself unnecessarily by looking things up.
    I am not a fan of needles either I have to look away. yuk!

Orlyice sorry to hear that. Have no advice or guidance to offer I'm afraid except maybe be careful about what you read online. Everything seems to be exaggerated!
    For example, under my right arm was so tender and I could feel a tiny little lump during the sore boob stage. So I innocently googled it and frightened the bejaysus out of myself. All these stories about women who started to leak out, when their milk came in, from extra nipples under their armpits that they always thought were just a little freckle. I HAVE A FRECKLE UNDER MY ARM!
    Told the doc on my last visit and she nearly rolled off the chair laughing!

Ah no in all seriousness we here for whenever you want to let off bit of steam x

Thanks ladies, suffer with anxiety as it is so always go to worse case scenario! Feeling bit more relaxed about it, just going to have to do it I guess! Going to have a takeaway tonight, not sure how restrictive this is going to be so going to have a "last supper" tonight.

Heldel I laughed so hard when I read ur post, that is brilliant, luckily I don't have a freckle under my arm (and I checked!) gotta stop googling! Shur tomorrow will tell me more!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

Went for my scan at 11 weeks today. Couldn't find a heartbeat. Looked like it stopped a couple of weeks ago. No bleeding or anything. A missed miscarriage.
    I wasn't nauseous last week or so. I thought I was just over it. Absolutely devastated.
    Good luck with all your pregnancies girls, hopefully a few months I'll be back in this forum again.

Ah god settlepetal I'm so sorry to hear that. It really is all of our worst nightmare.

To be totally honest I remember when my friend had a miscarriage a few years ago and I thought at the time "but sure she's only been pregnant for a few weeks how could she be so upset!!!" A really young, stupid, ignorant way of thinking but after having my scare two weeks ago it really was the most frightening, gut wrenching experience I ever had. For you and your partner it's utterly heartbreaking.
    Can't really say anything that would be of any comfort to you only best of luck for the future and for you and your partner to take care of each other. X

SettlePettal. . . So sorry to hear your devastating news. It happened me at 12 weeks last June. The shock is huge. you will probably be put in touch with the hospital councellor. Give them a shout over the next few weeks and months.

• Advertisement

SettlePettal I am so sorry to hear that, its just heart-breaking.. Its what each one of us dread as heldel00 said its each of our worst nightmare.. I don't even know what to say, please take care of yourself and your partner and the best of luck in the future :( x

Oh settlepettal, so sorry to hear that. Hope you are ok. Never know what to say in these situations. Make sure you look after yourself and get help if you need it. Thinking of u hun x

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MsGrumpy

SettlePetal, so sorry to hear. Take care of yourself xx

Mind yourself settle pettal. Make sure to take time for yourself xx

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Had my 12 week scan on Wednesday, all good except for a haemotoma. (Spelling?!)
    They didn't seem too worried and asked me to take it easy. Hard to do with an active 2 year old.
    Anyone have any experience of having one of these?

• Advertisement
Advertisement