Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due in February 2015!

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

20 weeks today and really looking forward to my anatomy scan in 2 weeks. Was in the GP this week getting my blood pressure checked and she pulled out her yoke (no idea of real name) to see if we could hear the heart beat - no luck with that but we did here my little proto-baby moving around.

Been feeling a lot of movement the last couple of days, much more than I have before. It's quite nice, though a little distracting when I'm trying to concentrate at work!

Silly - Feb 14th - CUMH Cork.
    Missyb01 - Feb 8th - Rotunda
    Coopdloop - Feb 22nd - Coombe
    Bomberino5 - Feb 28th - Coombe
    Clartharlear - Feb 22nd - London
    tSubh Dearg - Feb 12th - Holles St

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bomberino5

Oh wow, got a wax today first time since being pregnant. IT HURTS! I'm totally not a wuss and never mind getting it done but every strip hurt. Beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭missyb01

Had my 21 week scan today. Everything went great. Bump is doing well, no problems. Weighed in at 13 ounces but couldn't tell me the sex :-( so I will have to wait til the end of November. I did get some great pics today.

Anybody going for their anatomy scan in the Rotunda, it takes about 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

So I had my first consultant appointment today. Had a wee scan too which was a nice surprise. Everything as it should be, placenta a bit low so will be getting another scan at 34 weeks. Have booked an anomaly scan for the end of this month. Am signed up to midwives clinic now too so my waiting times should be much less. My next appointment in the hospital isn't until New Year's Eve! Seems like ages away!

Feeling lots of movement the last fee days, baby gave the consultants scan thing a right kick last week and she felt it too! Pressed on my tummy last night with my hand and could feel the kicks, can't wait for hubby to feel them.

• Advertisement

Had my big scan today. Went well and baby seems to be growing like it should. Been starting to feel more kicky movements over the last couple of days rather than the swirly/flutteriness. It's starting to feel a lot more real!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 coopdloop

Had my 20wk scan on Thursday and all went well. Got some lovely pictures of the baby's face. Having real trouble with my back at the moment. Around 15wks had lower back pain-like sciatica but that hasn't bad recently at all. Now I'm getting mid back pain on one side like a stabbing pain and very hard to ease out. Only thing that's helping it at the moment is lying down so have taken to my bed for the day

• Registered Users Posts: 25 29Chicky

hi all hope everyone is well:)
    been very lazy lately only managing the basic day to day stuff and heading to bed with the toddler. getting a good 12 hours every night and still feel like a zombie!!
    was having a look at paperwork yesterday and noticed I should have had the flu jab already. has any1 gotten it?

have that back pain too coopdloop.
    wonder if its moving up with baby? mine used to be lower back/bum and now is centre back. its fairly uncomfortable. the local pool is opening back up this wk so I'm going to give swimming a try to see if it helps.

29Chicky wrote: »
    hi all hope everyone is well:)
    been very lazy lately only managing the basic day to day stuff and heading to bed with the toddler. getting a good 12 hours every night and still feel like a zombie!!
    was having a look at paperwork yesterday and noticed I should have had the flu jab already. has any1 gotten it?

Spoke to my consultant bout the flu jab and she said anytime after 14/15 weeks. I'm 21 now and going to get it this week.

• Advertisement

oh that's good the way I read it last night it said get it as early as possible .21 weeks this week too so ill book it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

My doc refused to give it to me when I was last there, as I've been so ill. Getting the glucose tolerance test tomorrow so hopefully will fly through that. Still vomiting an average of 6 times a day, but thankfully haven't fainted since getting out of hospital. I've been signed off work until the baby is born though.

Kash wrote: »
    My doc refused to give it to me when I was last there, as I've been so ill. Getting the glucose tolerance test tomorrow so hopefully will fly through that. Still vomiting an average of 6 times a day, but thankfully haven't fainted since getting out of hospital. I've been signed off work until the baby is born though.

Kash you poor thing, that sounds awful. Hope you get some relief soon. Have they put you on any medication for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bomberino5

Had 20 week scan yesterday and all is as it should be thankfully!! It only took 20 minutes so I was finished really early, took the day off so I ended up having a full day to hang about. Haven't felt any flutters or kicks but the baby was tossing and turning in the scan, apparently sometimes the afterbirth can sit to the front of your belly, as mine is, giving you an extra cushion and it's more difficult to feel movement until they're bigger.
    We didn't find out the sex which was good as I find myself drifting into the baby sections of shops and I'd have the place bought up if I knew what it was!! The stuff is so cute.
    I too am having back pain across my bra strap kind of area, I thought I might have been in need of new bras but got measured and the boobs are still the same. It seems just to be symptomatic of the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CRH

This's my first baby.
    I find that baby&nursing freebies(samples) and pregnant products' information and gift(pack) in Ireland is much less than in UK, US...even less than in other European and Asian country. Because every time I saw some good freebies about pregnant or baby(nursing) could be apply online, but all exclude ROI. sigh~

I only got one pregnant bag from the hospital at 12 weeks to see my midwife and use it to redeem a Eumum gift bag from Supervalue(even it's after I visited 3 times and always got the same disappointing answer "out of stock"). It's still good enough.

But I still wonder whether I missed some ways to get some pregnant freebies to try and learn in Ireland?
    If you know, please share with me, thank you!

There was a baby fair in Dublin (not sure where you are in Ireland) in sept I think. There is usually a good few free samples there. There in ine in cork next April, which of course is too late for any pre pregnancy samples, but you could still go.

I had my "big scan" yesterday. All went well, everything as it should be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CRH

silly wrote: »
    There was a baby fair in Dublin (not sure where you are in Ireland) in sept I think. There is usually a good few free samples there. There in ine in cork next April, which of course is too late for any pre pregnancy samples, but you could still go.

I had my "big scan" yesterday. All went well, everything as it should be.

Thanks, silly~ and congrats!
    So do you have your "big scan" by the Obstetrician/gynecologist?
    I'm in Cork city.
    I haven't done my 20-24 week check in hospital. It should be on tomorrow morning.
    BUT...I called CUMH yesterday to confirm the appointment, and they just told me that's deferred to next week and they will post me the information. I was surprise at that.
    If I didn't call to check yesterday? and I haven't get any post yet from CUMH till now.
    Should I go tomorrow morning? I'm confused.
    Can't help to make a little complain about the administration of CUMH.
    But I still would like to trust the CUMH is good enough.

That's strange, I never had an appointment change like that in the CUMH. I never ring to confirm appointments either.
    I got my anomaly scan private as they only do them in the CUMH if you are a private patient or there is a need for it I.e family history etc
    There is a place above the chemist across from the hospital that do them.
    I've only been in the CUMH once at 12 weeks in Aug and then again at 20 weeks where I met the consultant. I'm now signed up to the midwives clinic in there and next appointment isn't until 34 weeks on NYE.

Hope everybody is doing well and Kash, i hope your sickness has abated.

I had a lovely time on holiday except my feet swelled to twice their size after 10 minutes of walking!!! My shoes still feel a little bit tight but i am putting my feet up as soon as i get home from work. I had my 24 week app with my GP and everything is fine. It was recommended to me to get the flu vaccine and the whooping cough vaccine. I completely intend to get the whooping cough at 30 weeks. I am not sure about the flu injection. I have never had and never felt the need to get it cos' i generally don't get sick but of course, i know it is for the benefit of the baby.

I'm getting a bit panicky now because the time is flying in and i haven't bought one thing!!! Should i be starting the stock piling???

25 weeks gone now. Got my flu jab this week, first time ever getting it and wasn't too bothered, but my mum's friend is a nurse and she said that pregnant women can suffer much worse with flu than the rest of the population. She has seen plenty of pregnant women coming into hospital because of it whereas if they hadn't been pregnant they would have been fine with a couple of days in bed.

Also got married last weekend and heading off on honeymoon on Monday! Can't wait for a bit of break and have my flight socks all ready to be wrestled on.

Baby is also kicking up a storm in the evenings, but my husband (still weird to write that!) can't feel anything yet because apparently the placenta is in the way.

• Advertisement

How are we all doing? 28 weeks here and baby is extremely active, beginning to hurt sometimes- hopefully baby will be knackered by the time it arrives!
    I got the flu jab about 2 weeks ago as my dr recommended it when I went in for my prenatal visit - she said it was free under the prenatal care, but I got a bill for €20 afterwards for same saying it actually wasn't free. Getting the whooping cough jab this week - wonder what that will cost? I know some people got them for free.

How is everyone feeling? I'm sleeping really well thank god, getting 8-10 hrs and snoring mad!

silly wrote: »
    How are we all doing? 28 weeks here and baby is extremely active, beginning to hurt sometimes- hopefully baby will be knackered by the time it arrives!
    I got the flu jab about 2 weeks ago as my dr recommended it when I went in for my prenatal visit - she said it was free under the prenatal care, but I got a bill for €20 afterwards for same saying it actually wasn't free. Getting the whooping cough jab this week - wonder what that will cost? I know some people got them for free.

How is everyone feeling? I'm sleeping really well thank god, getting 8-10 hrs and snoring mad!

27 weeks now, lots of kicking and movement. Have been signed off work for the next two weeks with mid back pain- hoping the rest will do it some good. Have another appointment with my consultant next week-my third in four weeks because of my back. It's a bit of a nuisance heading into the hospital so often (especially when driving aggravates my back) but on the upside the consultant usually does a mini-scan while I'm in so I get to see bump!

I managed to get some anti-nausea meds to take home the last time I was in hospital, so I'm not feeling as wretched. I only take them on the really bad days, so I'm still throwing up daily, but not as often, so much happier. I'm even planning a trip to the Galway Xmas market this week!

Sciatica is driving me a bit mad, and keeping me awake at night (that or peeing once an hour!)

The baby is doing great, loads of movement and kicks but I'm starting to worry that he's planning an early entry. I lost part of my mucous plug this week, and am getting loads of Braxton Hicks contractions, last night, I had 31 over the space of three hours! I was right on the verge of heading into the maternity, as I'm only 27 weeks, but then it eased off. Phew :)

Don't know if anyone else is experiencing any hilariously embarrassing side effects yet, but I have a trifecta of snoring loud enough to wake myself up, farting constantly and powerfully enough to put the dogs to shame and leaky boobs! Woohoo! :D

i have my 28 week scan tomorrow so I can't wait to find out what we're having. He doesnt want to know but says its ok for me to find out !!!! I have to say the challenges in third trimester is completely different to the first. I have become extremely forgetful. To the point that i rang my phone network company and spent a fair few mins talking to the rep only to be told that i had left their network a year ago, just completely forgot. Changed my car insurance and never received my disc. When i rang them i got completely flustered by the run of the mill questions they ask you, date of birth, address, telephone number. I'm sure the girl at the other end of the phone doubted i was the policy holder.

I still havent come to terms with the fact that my body just can't or isnt able to do what i want it to do. I get a burst of energy and i try to clean the house. I manage to change one bed and that's me done for 2 hours or so, need to take a rest.

As far as the bump is concerned, never stops moving, kicking, punching and all the rest.

we're nearly there girls, won't be long now :):):):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I'm the same Missy, I'll have a day where I'm like a woman possessed cleaning and then I literally won't have the energy to move for another 3 days! Can't remember the nesting instinct being this strong last time although I did wallpaper the sitting room standing on a chair when I was around 7 months gone :o

I have my 31 week growth scan on Monday, I had a mini scan 2 weeks ago but couldn't see much so it'll be good to get a proper look at the little woman again :D Also having A LOT of bh, especially at night when I'm lying in bed. My embarrassing side effect is that I'm constantly leaking wee, no amount of kegels are helping so I'm on high knicker alert and wearing pads :o Pregnancy is so undignified :pac:

Is anyone else doing hypnobirthing? I did it during my last pregnancy and found it brilliant during labour, even though I ended up getting an epidural, I found the hypnobirthing great for keeping me calm and relaxed :) I've been listening to the mp3 once a day for the last few weeks now, must drag the book out for a refresher soon :) Can't believe there's only 10 weeks to go, this pregnancy has absolutely flown for me :) Hope everyone else is doing well!

Back from honeymoon, which was wonderful, but flying while pregnant made me feel a bit wonky for about 24 hours afterwards - lack of appetite, bump feeling heavier.

Noticed definite bump growth while we were travelling as we were in Scandinavia and in our first stop Oslo I could easily do up the bottom button of my coat but by the time we got to our last stop, Copenhagen, about 2 weeks later I was having trouble getting it to catch.

Had my whooping cough shot the day that we came back, boy did my arm hurt after that one! Still have a little lump on my arm where the nurse stuck me.

Been having absolutely woeful heartburn which makes me feel terrible nauseous and I cannot drink down the Gaviscon or chew the tablets without wanting to vomit. So I mentioned this at my consultant visit before we left I was prescribed Zantac tablets by the doctor I saw (not my consultant) to take twice a day as a preventative and they have worked brilliantly and my nausea is much improved. I ran out of them just as I was at my next consultant visit and asked him to renew the prescription, but he said it would be cheaper to just take a double dose of the over the counter variety. I don't think he realised I was taking it preventatively as it costs €9.99 for 24 75mg tablets OTC but it was €23 for 60 150mg tablets on prescription, so battling through increased heartburn again until I see my GP next Monday and will get her to renew.

Anyone else have trouble getting their GP to fill out the Maternity Benefit form properly? I dropped mine into their office and when it came back it had been filled out by one of the doctors that I've not seen in over a year, he had filled it out in the wrong colour pen and he had my due date down wrong. He hadn't even managed to fill out his IMO number incorrectly and had scribbled it out and written the right one in over the top. I'm thinking about filling out the page in question myself with as much info as possible and asking my GP to finish it (in the proper coloured pen) when I see her next Friday. I'm so worried about it all getting in on time with Christmas and it having to be received 6 weeks in advance of due date.

Just about to hit 30 weeks and I am getting lots of movement, I'm starting to think the baby has a fully equipped gym in there! Though last night I joked with himself that the movements at the time, were sort of slow and deliberate, felt like it was doing the Robot!

My most embarrassing side effect is definitely the almost continuous belching. :/ So ladylike!

It's been pretty quiet on here recently. Hope all had a lovely Christmas. How's everyone feeling?
    I've my 34 week scan next week, apparently it's optional because it was originally scheduled because of low lying placenta and thats not an issue anymore but I'm gonna go anyway. Had to go into the assessment unit just before Christmas having possibly come into contact with slapped cheek virus which I'm not immune to and have since had another contact so will have to have a few extra blood tests to see if I've been exposed to it.
    Have started making a list for my hospital bag- seems like a lot on there, I'm using the recommended list from the hospital. gonna try pick up a few things this weekend and then just pop things into the bag as I get them.

Can't get over how different this pregnancy has been compared to my last.

After battling dehydration for the first two trimesters, now the consultant tells be there is too much fluid around the baby. It's not diabetes, thankfully, as I don't think I would handle that on top of everything else. But between that and my history of preeclampsia, it means that I'm a high risk pregnancy.

I'm just over 32 weeks and trouble-bump is measuring in the 95th plus percentile, so they are planning to induce me in week 38 or 39, and I'm seen weekly. I'll be getting together my hospital bag next week once munchkin 1 goes back to creche, and picking up a few missing bits and pieces (new bottles).

Hope the rest of you are all well

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

Foetal movements are getting really strong now - ow!
    Has anybody had any Braxton Hicks yet?

• Advertisement

Foetal movements are getting really strong now - ow!
    Has anybody had any Braxton Hicks yet?

Yes, loads of them! My belly gets really tight and you can clearly see the curve of the baby's back along my right side - my bump looks completely lopsided!

I'm getting excited to meet my little guy now :)

Advertisement