Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sarah1302

Thanks a mill, Yeah I didn't think they'd bother emailing me to send on my CV if otherwise! What do I send in my first email ? My CV, my app form and do we have to scan passport photos or can it be a good head shot? And we submit these to the website as well? Sorry about the questions, Just want to make sure I do everything right :) Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pixie250

sarah1302 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill, Yeah I didn't think they'd bother emailing me to send on my CV if otherwise! What do I send in my first email ? My CV, my app form and do we have to scan passport photos or can it be a good head shot? And we submit these to the website as well? Sorry about the questions, Just want to make sure I do everything right :) Fingers crossed!

They said to me an electronic passport pic but I just sent a good head shot!! I sent my c.v and a video c.v about 2mins long and my application again! Did they send u the link and pass word to there site? I'm the same I have everything ready for the next bit too already!! (My degree, copy of my passport and a letter from guards as it could take wks for guarda clearance to come throu!) fingers crossed is right!

Cool thanks for the tips, my passport is out of date so sending off for a new one tomorrow as going to the guards to hope i'm not too late !!So you uploaded your video cv to the website or as an attachment in the email??! Or both? and its HR Sharjah / sean clooney you're dealing with yeah? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 craftynici

Hi,

All you send with your first email is your CV, your application form, a good head shot of yourself will be fine and if you have it, a copy of your degree. I didn't post it to their website, I just sent all my info to the person who emailed me.

Another item which they might look for is a CV video... All this is really is a 2 - 3 mins of a recording of yourself detailing your CV and what you like about Sabis and reason for your application.

If you don't send this to them now, they might get in contact with you regarding this and more than likely will let you know once they have interviewed you by phone!!

The very best of luck :)

Cool thanks for the tips, my passport is out of date so sending off for a new one tomorrow as going to the guards to hope i'm not too late !!So you uploaded your video cv to the website or as an attachment in the email??! Or both? and its HR Sharjah / sean clooney you're dealing with yeah? :)

First I send the application form to hr and then they replied asking me for c.v, video c.v, passport pic and application form. They sent me the link with a password to upload the video. Then told me there will be a telephone interview and following that they will need copy of passport, copy of degree and garda clearance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sparklyEyes111

craftynici wrote: »
    Cheers lady:) Was getting slightly when I didn't see many people getting Khalifa City!!

I have lots of friends from khalifa. I'm in dubai myself not with sabis, but khalifa is a good place to be because it's so big.. do not be one bit worried about new people going to khalifa, there are loads of irish people there!! And I bet you there will be loads starting next year there. .Very nice gang of people there!! :)

I have lots of friends from khalifa. I'm in dubai myself not with sabis, but khalifa is a good place to be because it's so big.. do not be one bit worried about new people going to khalifa, there are loads of irish people there!! And I bet you there will be loads starting next year there. .Very nice gang of people there!! :)

Cheers for that, I as getting a bit apprehensive when all I could see were people on this forum heading to Oman region and Sharjah! I'm sure there'll be plenty of irish there! How are you finding teaching in Dubai?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭permangulator

Just got my email confirming that I'm going to Muscat too. :)
    Heard it's a really nice place anyway, and have been told nothing but good things about it! Always a positive sign I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 theluckyirish

Just got my email confirming that I'm going to Muscat too. :)
    Heard it's a really nice place anyway, and have been told nothing but good things about it! Always a positive sign I suppose :)

Hiya,

From what I hear there are a lot of Irish out there, and it is a lovely location. Do you know anyone else out there at the moment, or are going out there with you :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 salster13

powerl43 wrote: »
    hey did anyone get ras al khamaih?
    I've got there!! Do you know much about the area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 powerl43

salster13 wrote: »
    I've got there!! Do you know much about the area?
    Don't know much about the area at all! Does anyone else have any idea on the location? Even those not going there?

Heading out there on my own I'm afraid, but It's all part of it sure! :)
    I know a lot of people that are in the UAE and they've all visited Muscat and they had nothing but good things to say. A lot of Irish people there anyway, good pub scene for the expats and everything is apparently fairly accessible. I think that the school is actually a bit outside Muscat city though, maybe 25 mins or so...which isn't TOO bad really! :)

Heading out there on my own I'm afraid, but It's all part of it sure! :)
    I know a lot of people that are in the UAE and they've all visited Muscat and they had nothing but good things to say. A lot of Irish people there anyway, good pub scene for the expats and everything is apparently fairly accessible. I think that the school is actually a bit outside Muscat city though, maybe 25 mins or so...which isn't TOO bad really! :)

Hiya,

I'm heading out there on my own as well, but from what I hear the experiance of going is well worth it. :):):)

Exactly....all part of the experience. :)
    Have you heard anything from the school about accommodation or any other details yet??

Hiya,

I haven't heard anything from the school yet about accommodation, visa or flight tickets. I think that might take another month maybe...

Have you had first contact with your school yet, I haven't I'm still waiting but then again I did only find out it was Muscat that I was being assigned to :P:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dawn13

Hey, I got Sharjah too.. I have a few friends there already n they love it. Only 15mins from dubai so lots to do at the weekend. Loads of Irish out there too, great craic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

So I've had two phone interviews interviews so far and I may be getting a place later today (fingers crossed!). So I'm trying to get all my documents in order, I'm just wondering what vetting form to fill in? Saw a few posts saying they went into the Garda station to yet one and others saying they downloaded one. Or does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eoinmjmac

If you go into your local police station ask them for the police cert they'll do it there. It will take a few days but you don't need to send off anything.

Hey ! I just submitted all my stuff yesterday and got this email this morning

Thank you for sending us your application form, photograph, Cv and Video CV. Kindly keep posted for further communication regarding your application.

Has anyone else got this email?

Thank you for sending us your application form, photograph, Cv and Video CV. Kindly keep posted for further communication regarding your application.

Hi Sarah,

I got this email once I submitted everything like you did. Don't be worried about it because you will hear back regarding a face to face interview. You definitely should hear from HR in Sabis within two to three weeks, maybe even sooner.

Best of luck with your application :)

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill, Hope so :)!

Hi Sarah, i got the same reply, saying kindly keep posted or further communication regarding your application.
    I think it could be another wk or 2 before we hear anything... But it already feels like wks!!! Nerves starting to set in about interview and the fact it's only 13 wks until the flight date!!! Ahhh best of luck when ur interview does come round :)

Pixie250 wrote: »
    Hi Sarah, i got the same reply, saying kindly keep posted or further communication regarding your application.
    I think it could be another wk or 2 before we hear anything... But it already feels like wks!!! Nerves starting to set in about interview and the fact it's only 13 wks until the flight date!!! Ahhh best of luck when ur interview does come round :)

Hi Pixie, when did you receive this email?? I still don't think its sunk in that I've applied for it not to mind actually getting it!! I hope ur positivity carries us through!!! 2 wks though :(!! :)

Hi Pixie, when did you receive this email?? I still don't think its sunk in that I've applied for it not to mind actually getting it!! I hope ur positivity carries us through!!! 2 wks though :(!! :)

They sent me that on Saturday afternoon. From post other people have written on here earlier in the year it seems to be the standard email they send everyone prior to a phone interview.
    I was the same when I was filling in the form, couldn't wait to get it done and sent and hear bk from them. Then it started to sink in and now I'm a bag of nerves about the interview and if I get it how fast the next 3 months will fly round!! Plus I'll be going on my own... My head is spinning about the whole thing at the mo!!

They sent me that on Saturday afternoon. From post other people have written on here earlier in the year it seems to be the standard email they send everyone prior to a phone interview.
    I was the same when I was filling in the form, couldn't wait to get it done and sent and hear bk from them. Then it started to sink in and now I'm a bag of nerves about the interview and if I get it how fast the next 3 months will fly round!! Plus I'll be going on my own... My head is spinning about the whole thing at the mo!!

Hey ladies. No doubt they will contact you asap regarding the phone interview. Just a heads up about the phone interview....have a copy of your application form with you as they tend to ask questions on this. Questions like "How do you deal with bold students?, What attributes you can bring to the organisation?", and general questions about how you deal with kids!!

Don't be stressing about the interview, its just a general chit chat :)

Hey ladies. No doubt they will contact you asap regarding the phone interview. Just a heads up about the phone interview....have a copy of your application form with you as they tend to ask questions on this. Questions like "How do you deal with bold students?, What attributes you can bring to the organisation?", and general questions about how you deal with kids!!

Don't be stressing about the interview, its just a general chit chat :)

Oh thanks for that nici, I ave the lot here in a folder waitin on the table with the info sheets from the link they sent me... Guaranteed all this stuff will just get feed up on the table the morning of the interview and take it slef off to another part of the house to hide for that day only!! :/

Oh thanks for that nici, I ave the lot here in a folder waitin on the table with the info sheets from the link they sent me... Guaranteed all this stuff will just get feed up on the table the morning of the interview and take it slef off to another part of the house to hide for that day only!! :/

They will ask you questions about the Points system and also how you feel about the culture differences... You'll be fine :D

That was me the morning of my interview, pages all over the table!!haha Hopefully you'll hear from them soon. You never know, I might be seeing you in Dublin Airport in August :)

They will ask you questions about the Points system and also how you feel about the culture differences... You'll be fine :D

That was me the morning of my interview, pages all over the table!!haha Hopefully you'll hear from them soon. You never know, I might be seeing you in Dublin Airport in August :)

I hope so :) i'm sure I will have u
    Middered with plenty of question between now and then!! It's exciting but scary!! Are u going alone too or do u no others out there? Where did u ask or on ur app or did u get where u wanted to go. I just want to no now!! :)

I hope so :) i'm sure I will have u
    Middered with plenty of question between now and then!! It's exciting but scary!! Are u going alone too or do u no others out there? Where did u ask or on ur app or did u get where u wanted to go. I just want to no now!! :)

Ya can midder me away with all the questions you want!! Exciting but scary at the same time alright...heading over there on my own but hopefully there will be a few others who are in the same boat as me. The people I was chatting to at the face to face interviews were heading over to people they knew or were going with friends, so that made me a little apprehensive to be honest! But sure, once I get over there I'm sure it'll be grand!! :)

They asked me at the face to face interview to name three places where I wanted to be based. I hadn't a clue where I wanted to go or where the best places were. Sean Cooney was extremely friendly and told me about various areas.. In the end I chose Qatar, Oman and Abu Dhabi. Got Abu Dhabi so was pleased with that.

You heading over with friends or going solo? Will you be having face to face interviews now or do you think it'll be done on Skype?!?

• Advertisement

Ya can midder me away with all the questions you want!! Exciting but scary at the same time alright...heading over there on my own but hopefully there will be a few others who are in the same boat as me. The people I was chatting to at the face to face interviews were heading over to people they knew or were going with friends, so that made me a little apprehensive to be honest! But sure, once I get over there I'm sure it'll be grand!! :)

They asked me at the face to face interview to name three places where I wanted to be based. I hadn't a clue where I wanted to go or where the best places were. Sean Cooney was extremely friendly and told me about various areas.. In the end I chose Qatar, Oman and Abu Dhabi. Got Abu Dhabi so was pleased with that.

You heading over with friends or going solo? Will you be having face to face interviews now or do you think it'll be done on Skype?!?

I'll be in ur boat too so, going alone. I think the first few wks will be the hardest trying to settle in, get a routine etc. hopefully this time next year we'll be the ones saying dont be worrying about going alone! :) I think either Abu Dhabi or Dubai. I've thought about other place but haven't really looked into anywhere (don't want to count my chickens!!)
    I don't no what the story with the interviews are now this late in the year. I suppose the Skype interview might be easier but the face to face would be nice to to get to meet others heading over too!! Scared.com :)

Advertisement