Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava Boards.ie Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,050 ✭✭✭buffalo

So if I'm planning to cycle a particular route, is there any way to see in advance where the segments are, so I know when to do my intervals? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

Click explore along the top of the screen and you're taken to segment explore. You click and drag to map to where you want. Strava only shows 10 segments by default so if there are a lot in the area then it just seems to pick randomly, so you'll need to zoom the map in a bit to where you think there might be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Peadarmac1

Yi Harr wrote: »
    Stuck this over in the Bargains Alert thread but just in case people here don't see it.

3 months free Strava Premium using code: NM3M11

Tried this and it is out of date, but got this new one and it works as of 10 mins ago, just enter the code "SubaruMJC2012" to obtain 3 months Strava Premium membership

• Registered Users Posts: 13,730 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Peadarmac1 wrote: »
    Tried this and it is out of date, but got this new one and it works as of 10 mins ago, just enter the code "SubaruMJC2012" to obtain 3 months Strava Premium membership

Thanks appears to have worked on top of the last one so I now have 6mths.

Excellent, I must see if I can get some more codes, will post them if they work.

• Advertisement

I just used both of these for a months free premium "1monthtrialea" and "LEAD100" enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭ktz84

Ok added all those codes. Thanks a lot for them however is there anywhere I can actually view when my premium subs run out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

I just used both of these for a months free premium "1monthtrialea" and "LEAD100" enjoy
    I'm now up to 12/11/2012 with free Premium membership thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭g0g

ktz84 wrote: »
    Ok added all those codes. Thanks a lot for them however is there anywhere I can actually view when my premium subs run out?
    Go to accounts page and it shows date just under the upgrade options.

g0g wrote: »
    I'm now up to 12/11/2012 with free Premium membership thanks! :)

Same here, thanks!

• Advertisement

g0g wrote: »
    Go to accounts page and it shows date just under the upgrade options.

Very odd. Mine doesn't show any dates other than when I joined. I've definitely got premium membership and I get the email confirming my order :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

I wonder if we could get kicked off for using unauthorized codes ?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,303 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

rocstar wrote: »
    Well I'll only be reporting those ahead of me on KOM leaderboards ...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Idiotic business model.
    Just giving away potential revenue to anybody.
    Talk about alienating anyone who actually subscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

ROK ON wrote: »
    Idiotic business model.

Presumably they're getting us all unboard and then they'll stop issueing freebies and then hope everybody pays up to keep the premium membership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

I see ridewithgps are charging for features that were once free - maybe Strava will end up doing the same ?

ROK ON wrote: »
    Idiotic business model.

Maybe, you can still add the codes to extend your premium account

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

ktz84 wrote: »
    Very odd. Mine doesn't show any dates other than when I joined. I've definitely got premium membership and I get the email confirming my order :D

If you click the "downgrade" option, it will tell return your account to Free status at the end of the (stacked) promotion. And give you the date in the process.

EDIT: Hard to say why all the promotional offers without seeing the breakdown of subscribers. Either they are extremely naive about internet promotions and the viral nature of coupons (like Wiggle were!) or they are really struggling to get people away from the Free option and throwing out masses of coupons that can be stacked together is a way to make people dependent on the Premium features.

rocstar wrote: »

I dont think that these are unauthorised as thay are posted an many other cycling forums and club sites

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    ... to make people dependent on the Premium features.
    Now that I've seen what the premium features are I'm not sure I'm bothered about them. I don't have the power meter or pro inklings :-) the suffer score i can work out myself based on what time I fall asleep at.

• Advertisement

Idleater wrote: »
    DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    ... to make people dependent on the Premium features.
    Now that I've seen what the premium features are I'm not sure I'm bothered about them. I don't have the power meter or pro inklings :-) the suffer score i can work out myself based on what time I fall asleep at.

Aye the pro features are a nice to have, but not worth paying with cash for.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,303 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RO 06 wrote: »
    I was wondering how long it would be before you tried that. 6 SECONDS well done.
    Oh well suppose i will have to have another go. That was my first attempt on tues night.
    Gave the Rathmore Road segment a go on the new bike this morning;)

I'm going to give it a go with the fast bike one day ...

I've a power meter and believe me there isn't much there for us either. The suffer score oddly is based on heart rate irrespective of whether you have power data available or not. On a 3 hour ride today I actually spent 34% of my time at threshold or above however according to my heart rate based data I only spent 2% at threshold or above giving very little red points :rolleyes:

Just drop your Max HR by 10%, and see your Suffer Score soar ...:D

Beasty wrote: »
    Just drop your Max HR by 10%, and see your Suffer Score soar ...:D

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Excellent, I must see if I can get some more codes, will post them if they work.

Thanks Peadarmac1. I've now got premium membership up to 13/11/12 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Perhaps they will now do a google and start flinging features at premium users to see what sticks?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,009 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Those crazy trufflehunters.

http://app.strava.com/segments/884631

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

iv joined in now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Just joined the Boards group on Strava, Has anyone noticed that the GPS route is sometimes not accurate? my route this morning had me going through fields and all sorts?

Advertisement