Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015 NFL Draft

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

HigginsJ wrote: »
    The Pack will have their pick of all these guys in the 1st if they choose to go that way. I would go with Perryman as well. He is fantastic against the run & is not as big a liability in coverage as people make out.

hard to see them not taking defensive guys to be honest they kept the main offensive guys and cut loads of defensive/st guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

It'll more than likely be an ILB in the first and then DT or CB in the following rounds. Williams and House going are a loss but there was no point paying them over the odds when we have Shields, Hayward and Hyde currently. Our offense is set so we really need to find some gems on defense..... And sack Capers. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/19/chargers-mariota-talk-isnt-going-away/

This seems like a rather strange one, what would fans of both sides think?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭tgdaly

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/19/chargers-mariota-talk-isnt-going-away/

This seems like a rather strange one, what would fans of both sides think?

I couldn't see that happening myself. It would surely be a kings ransom to trade up from 17 and get Mariota. He is surely going to go in the top 5, whether he be drafted by someone there or another team making a shorter jump up? Also don't see Rivers playing on that team if they draft Mariota, basically saying you're gone after one year. Basically means they would have to trade him which could be a cap problem for teams. Also surely the Titans wouldn't trade for Rivers, seeing as I've seen plenty of comments on here about how they are gonna stick with Mettenberger. Wouldn't make sense to trade for a guy who has one year left on his contract and could be gone next free agency or require a megabucks contract rather than draft a potential franchise quarterback and have some cap relief the next 4 years (in relation to the Mettenberger situation I mean, would be different if they had no quarterback)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

It'll more than likely be an ILB in the first and then DT or CB in the following rounds. Williams and House going are a loss but there was no point paying them over the odds when we have Shields, Hayward and Hyde currently. Our offense is set so we really need to find some gems on defense..... And sack Capers. :pac:

Ya ILB and DT are definitely the most alarming needs..was thinking as well that if they took a good DT such as Jordan Philips in the 1st round they could still take Stephone Anthony at the end of the second.. That way they get 2 quality players in positions of need without having to trade up in the second?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Randy Gregory OLb and expected to go off the board high has failed a drug test

Marijuana for anyone wondering. It's been a problem for him numerous times in Nebraska (threatened being dropped from their program at one stage).
    He enters the league in "stage 1" so any further lapses and he's in Josh Gordon territory. I doubt he'll fall from the first with such talent and the amount of teams that need a pass rusher but I doubt he goes top 10 now.
    From a Ravens point of view he'll probably slide near enough at 26 but they won't pull the trigger because of last season and the running back who will not be named.

absolute idiot all he had to do was stay clean for a few months and he's likely a top 5 pick and guaranteed millionaire some of these prospects really are idiots even with how talented he is i dont think i would touch him in the first now

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jovetic

He has certainly fallen on my draft board :cool:

• Advertisement

What an idiot..everyone knows theirs a mandatory test how could he possibly mess up so bad..on the other side though if he cops onto himself someone gonna get a steal somewhere around the late teens, early twenties

limerickfc wrote: »
    What an idiot..everyone knows theirs a mandatory test how could he possibly mess up so bad..on the other side though if he cops onto himself someone gonna get a steal somewhere around the late teens, early twenties

seems like a bit if like you said he knew it was coming and he failed its hard to believe he will go cold turkey in the nfl

Doubt he falls outta the 1st doh some1 will take a chance on em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Personally think if Gregory falls he won't fall any further than the Saints at #13. They are absolutely desperate for a rusher and I think they'd see the opportunity to draft a player who is virtually a perfect fit as too good to turn down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,961 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah I don't think he will fall out of the top 10 unless there is a bigger issue like an addiction to grass or something else.

I would like us to take him at 9 but his size is not ideal for end in 4-3 and adding this positive test into the mix pretty much nixes any chance that we would have taken him.

I don't think he will fall too far though, he is way too good to drop outside the top 15.

• Advertisement

Do you guys know any sites where I could find cornerback target rates and burn rates can't find em anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Dupree, Beasley and Fowler are in a clear top tier of their own at OLB imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Morrison J wrote: »
    Dupree, Beasley and Fowler are in a clear top tier of their own at OLB imo.

Shane Ray deserves to be included in that tier, SEC Defensive player of the year and 14.5 sacks last season. Beasley completely overshadowed him at the combine but Ray has the superior tape in my opinion.

Shane Ray deserves to be included in that tier, SEC Defensive player of the year and 14.5 sacks last season. Beasley completely overshadowed him at the combine but Ray has the superior tape in my opinion.
    So was Michael Sam...

For me personally, Ray doesn't make my top 5.

His size concerns me straight away. On tape his quick first step is clearly at a near elite level but thats not enough to get by in the NFL. Shows no ability to shed blocks and once the OT gets his two hands on him, the play may as well be dead for Ray.

His upside is to be a situational pass rusher in my opinion. Wouldn't be surprised to see him slide to the back end of the 1st round.

So was Michael Sam...

For me personally, Ray doesn't make my top 5.

His size concerns me straight away. On tape his quick first step is clearly at a near elite level but thats not enough to get by in the NFL. Shows no ability to shed blocks and once the OT gets his two hands on him, the play may as well be dead for Ray.

His upside is to be a situational pass rusher in my opinion. Wouldn't be surprised to see him slide to the back end of the 1st round.

Ya I completely agree with you their he has next to no technique, he was just too physical for everyone in cfb..he's gonna struggle big time next year

• Advertisement

Ya I completely agree with you their he has next to no technique, he was just too physical for everyone in cfb..he's gonna struggle big time next year

From the sounds of this you actually haven't seen him play at all then. Too Physical? One of the main knocks on Ray is that he is undersized and doesn't have elite measurables compared to other OLB's. He has excellent instincts and anticipation which makes him a top edge rusher.

I'd agree with Morrison in that he's probably more of a situational pass rusher until he can improve against the run but I can still see him being highly effective in the NFL.

I don't know if anyone here has seen this site before: http://draftbreakdown.com/
    It basically gives you tape of each player chopped into plays so you don't have to watch the whole match, also allows you to filter the bull**** about players that comes out around now.
    I've been watching a lot of Melvin Gordon tape and from looking at it he seems to have gotten a lot better in the blocking aspect of his game.

I'm a packer fan and he won't fall to us in the draft so haven't seen more than 2 or 3 games of him..from what I have seen though his production stems from his quick 1st step and agility both of which are physical attributes..now I will agree that for the NFL beside his takeoff, which is good but not amazing, he will be at a disadvantage but for a cfb level he was an extremely good athlete..I also never said he wouldn't be a good NFL player..I said he will struggle next year which he most certainly will so don't be a keyboard warrior telling people they don't know what their on about I only shared my opinion which is why we all come on here

I don't know if anyone here has seen this site before: http://draftbreakdown.com/
    It basically gives you tape of each player chopped into plays so you don't have to watch the whole match, also allows you to filter the bull**** about players that comes out around now.
    I've been watching a lot of Melvin Gordon tape and from looking at it he seems to have gotten a lot better in the blocking aspect of his game.

Ya I find it very helpful but 1 thing I have noticed is the physical measurements have been off on a good few players so it's good to double check with the combine 1's

I'm a packer fan and he won't fall to us in the draft so haven't seen more than 2 or 3 games of him..from what I have seen though his production stems from his quick 1st step and agility both of which are physical attributes..now I will agree that for the NFL beside his takeoff, which is good but not amazing, he will be at a disadvantage but for a cfb level he was an extremely good athlete..I also never said he wouldn't be a good NFL player..I said he will struggle next year which he most certainly will so don't be a keyboard warrior telling people they don't know what their on about I only shared my opinion which is why we all come on here

Sorry didn't realise I was talking to a draft nostradamus there, you can't categorically say he will struggle after watching 2-3 games. I'd envisage him having a rookie season comparable to Bruce Irvin as a situational pass rusher and with more coaching he'll see greater snaps. He's an extremely high motor player with excellent hands and an explosive first step, all key attributes for an NFL pass rusher.

Sorry didn't realise I was talking to a draft nostradamus there, you can't categorically say he will struggle after watching 2-3 games. I'd envisage him having a rookie season comparable to Bruce Irvin as a situational pass rusher and with more coaching he'll see greater snaps. He's an extremely high motor player with excellent hands and an explosive first step, all key attributes for an NFL pass rusher.

Relax chief it's my opinion that he will struggle..most rookies do struggle to come to terms with the size and physicality of the pros they will face on every snap especially when their technique is not the best..I'm more then happy to chat away about any prospects so just pull whatever's up you hole out there's no need of the attitude

Relax chief it's my opinion that he will struggle..most rookies do struggle to come to terms with the size and physicality of the pros they will face on every snap especially when their technique is not the best..I'm more then happy to chat away about any prospects so just pull whatever's up you hole out there's no need of the attitude

Sorry the attitude myself bud rough day..what team ju follow yourself.?

Sorry the attitude myself bud rough day..what team ju follow yourself.?

Ah no worries, truth be told haven't had the best of days myself either :p

Falcons fan so pretty interested in the pass rush options in this years draft, who would you have top yourself? We really need a strong draft this year as Quinn is overhauling the roster, just hope the NFL doesn't hand out too tough a punishment over the fake fan noise scandal.

Ah no worries, truth be told haven't had the best of days myself either :p

Falcons fan so pretty interested in the pass rush options in this years draft, who would you have top yourself? We really need a strong draft this year as Quinn is overhauling the roster, just hope the NFL doesn't hand out too tough a punishment over the fake fan noise scandal.

I honestly think yer after striking gold with Quinn...perfect start for him too getting to draft his new Leo..Fowler played for Quinn at Florida I think did he.? He'd be my 1 option but I doubt he lasts dat long and I doubt Beasley does either..Ray or Gregory is really a personal choice then..who are you leaning towards..most mocks have ye taking scherff don't they is that a need too?

I honestly think yer after striking gold with Quinn...perfect start for him too getting to draft his new Leo..Fowler played for Quinn at Florida I think did he.? He'd be my 1 option but I doubt he lasts dat long and I doubt Beasley does either..Ray or Gregory is really a personal choice then..who are you leaning towards..most mocks have ye taking scherff don't they is that a need too?

Must admit Bowles was my first choice but definitely behind Quinn now, he's come out and said all the right things so can't wait to see what we do in the draft. Yup Fowler played under him before and tbh he'd be my dream first round pick but it's almost certain him and Beasley will be off the board by then. Would've had a slight preference for Gregory but the Falcons Front Office have tended to stay away from players with character concerns so not sure anymore.

OL is a need but I think they'll try and wait a bit later in the draft, Safety is a more pressing concern. Think the main thing we'll try get from this draft is depth, ILB, TE and RB are all areas we need to improve. I've seen Nate Orchard a DE from Utah mocked to us a lot in the 2nd, don't know anything about him myself though.

• Advertisement

Ladbrokes have priced up some markets for the draft. Gurley to be the first running back drafted stands out to me, it was evens the last time I looked but is into 10/11 now. I think some GM is going to fall in love with Gurley and snap him up early.

Other markets available aswell, anything that takes peoples fancy?

Ladbrokes have priced up some markets for the draft. Gurley to be the first running back drafted stands out to me, it was evens the last time I looked but is into 10/11 now. I think some GM is going to fall in love with Gurley and snap him up early.

Other markets available aswell, anything that takes peoples fancy?

Gurley is an interesing one, it would all depend on his final health update before the draft. He is clearly a very special player but you could be looking at a redshirt year before he is ready to go. That might prompt someone to take Melvin Gordon 1st.

Yeah think Gurley is a special talent myself. Confident he'll be the 1st RB off the board. Don't get a lot of the hype for Gordon either. Prefer Ajayi personally.

Eric Kendricks to be the first ILB off the board at 21/20 looks good value to me. In a tier of his own at that position and would be shocked if an NFL team took someone ahead of him. Reckon the Packers might take him.

Eric Kendricks to be the first ILB off the board at 21/20 looks good value to me. In a tier of his own at that position and would be shocked if an NFL team took someone ahead of him. Reckon the Packers might take him.

i feel less confident in that now apparently denzel perriman absolutely killed his pro day

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

i feel less confident in that now apparently denzel perriman absolutely killed his pro day

think that was wide reciever Breshad Perryman that had the savage pro day - great 40 time. ILB denzel perriman has his pro day on 1st april as far as i know and if it is as bad as the combine his stock could drop to mid round 2!!

think that was wide reciever Breshad Perryman that had the savage pro day - great 40 time. ILB denzel perriman has his pro day on 1st april as far as i know and if it is as bad as the combine his stock could drop to mid round 2!!

Right you are I'm an idiot :D

haha i thought the same thing - and i was thinking draft that perriman now!! but alas we is ok for the auld wide recievers!! CB, NT and ILB's now are a different story!!

haha i thought the same thing - and i was thinking draft that perriman now!! but alas we is ok for the auld wide recievers!! CB, NT and ILB's now are a different story!!
    Maby reciever is so deep though it's going to be har to not take one could get some serious value

The Falcons got some luck today from the fake crowd noise incident..only losing a 5th round pick for next years draft I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Todd McShay has released his latest mock draft on ESPN Insider. All selections are available to view below:

http://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikings/comments/30t5sv/mcshay_2015_nfl_mock_draft_40insider_request/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Paully D wrote: »
    Todd McShay has released his latest mock draft on ESPN Insider. All selections are available to view below:

http://www.reddit.com/r/minnesotavikings/comments/30t5sv/mcshay_2015_nfl_mock_draft_40insider_request/

Would be shocked if Giants took Scherff at 9, tbh.

Probably a little annoyed too.

Knex. wrote: »
    Would be shocked if Giants took Scherff at 9, tbh.

Probably a little annoyed too.

It just wreaks of groupthink at the moment, I would love to see a bit of original thinking for someone to offer a different opinion.

I did not see one mock having us take OBJ last year or Pugh the year before that.

It just wreaks of groupthink at the moment, I would love to see a bit of original thinking for someone to offer a different opinion.

I did not see one mock having us take OBJ last year or Pugh the year before that.

Not sure about obj but there where a few draft day mocks had Pugh the year before i dot think I saw any before draft week definetly though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I use podcasts to keep up to date with football

Move the Sticks with Daniel Jeremiah is excellent. He was a college QB then worked as a scout for the Ravens, Browns and Eagles then started in the media.

Lots of little segments like he'll read a report from his scouting days and you guess the player. It's well produced and I recommend it anyway.

I cannot stand McShay and Kiper shouting over each other on ESPN First Draft. The show has a plan but it wanders off into stupid banter and if I'm not entertained I'm not listening. Shouting does not equal your point is correct :rolleyes:

Ross Tucker has Gregg Cosell on once a week to discuss each position group. Wednesday AFAIK. Worth a listen. Also Andrew Brandt each Tuesday and learn about front offices, agents and the business side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

Around the league podcast with the four NFL.com contributors is a good listen too. Humourous dialogue with straight talking football analysis. They won't be talking X's and O's but it's a good way of keeping up to date on the NFL headlines. Also listen to the Dave Dameshek one, I find he grates at about the mid-way point of each episode!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭franglan

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I use podcasts to keep up to date with football

I cannot stand McShay and Kiper shouting over each other on ESPN First Draft. The show has a plan but it wanders off into stupid banter and if I'm not entertained I'm not listening. Shouting does not equal your point is correct :rolleyes:

Sometimes I feel Kiper's only goal for the podcast is to list off as many draft eligible players he can in a row per position. Kinda like throwing pizza at a wall.

ya i listen to most of the above when i have time but i would say the daniel jeramiah is the best of the bunch he really knows his stuff and takes flak for it at times got absolutely abused for putting kevin white above cooper in his first mock draft and plenty are doing it now he's one of the few that does not just look at what others are saying and copy it.

for any eagles fans the bleeding green nation podcast is quite good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Might check out Move the Sticks later so. Cheers fellas.

franglan wrote: »
    Around the league podcast with the four NFL.com contributors is a good listen too. Humourous dialogue with straight talking football analysis. They won't be talking X's and O's but it's a good way of keeping up to date on the NFL headlines. Also listen to the Dave Dameshek one, I find he grates at about the mid-way point of each episode!

i 100% agree with you on this one - enjoy the around the league - listen to it regularly - but damesheks one is just too much - and after about 10-15 mins you get really sick of his over acting every single sentance!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Dameshek is the definition of a wreck the head. His podcasts are filled with so much drivel that starts out as NFL discussion but leads into some awful topic like what movies the Producer hasn't seen.

The ATNFL and Move the Sticks podcasts go that way too but I don't mind when they do it, I like Daniel Jeremiah and the Around the NFL lads are actually quite funny when they are ripping into each other.

The ATNFL guys have this Buzzfeed type directive it seems where everything has to be lists or power rankigs etc etc. I guess that's how they approach keeping things fresh in the off season.

Move the Sticks did the Jameis Winston 360 Podcast 2 weeks back and the Mariota one should be available tomorrow AM. I found it very interesting - Would recommend any Podcasters interested in the draft to give them a listen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement