Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to disable Eircom Phonewatch alarm?

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I am sorry but we are prevented from giving out any engineer codes here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ccb

I have an 11year old eircom alarm which I wish to disable. I have managed to open the alarm and take out the main battery but my alarm is still active, beeping EVERY 4 hours - saying 'system low batter' when i press the status button. I no longer use the alarm and as you can imagine it is driving us all mad beeping every 4 hours. I can't really afford to have an electrician come out and would prefer to do it myself if possible. Any suggestions?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If the battery is removed them also remove the mains power fuse.

KoolKid wrote: »
    If the battery is removed them also remove the mains power fuse.
    Thanks KookKid - this might sound like a silly question but how do I & Were do I find the mains power fuse?

There may be a fused spur outside the panel. A white box the size of a socket.
    If not its beside the mains connection where you opened the lid to remove the battery.

• Advertisement

Thanks so much for your reply. Glad to report all is sorted and I now have a beep free house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lipi

I have the alarm beeping internally every couple of hours when the alarm is not activated. It says system low battery.

It was installed in 2007. It's a GE alarm, model 60-911-010-4-IE and it is not monitored. However we want to keep the alarm working.

Any suggestions how to resolve this? Phonewatch have advised an engineer call out is €200.

Change all the batteries yourself or get another company to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lipi

Any guidance on where I'd find the batteries as I can't see a screw to open the box but the noise is clearly coming from it?

There is a battery in every detection device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Machoop

Hi can someone help me out. Just recently bought a house with a phone watch alarm. It's no longer monitored. I don't put the alarm on at night and in the morning when I get up to go to work about 30 mins later it starts to beep and my wife has to go down and press buttons to stop it. It seems to go off cos I've opened the door? It's the same if we leave a window open it beeps for that. Is there a way to stop this?

If you are not using it at all power the system down completely. Remove the mains fuse from the spur beside the panel then open the panel and disconnect the back up battery.

If you are not using it at all power the system down completely. Remove the mains fuse from the spur beside the panel then open the panel and disconnect the back up battery.

We are still using the alarm when we are not there. We only moved in 2 nights ago and I haven't put it on at night but I do plan to put it on at night.

What fault is the panel showing.

What fault is the panel showing.

It's showing a comm fail 1,2 and then GSM network not registered as far as I can remember

If you are not having it monitored you would need engineer access to remove the central station configurations & disable line monitor.
    What system is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭altor

Machoop wrote: »
    Hi can someone help me out. Just recently bought a house with a phone watch alarm. It's no longer monitored. I don't put the alarm on at night and in the morning when I get up to go to work about 30 mins later it starts to beep and my wife has to go down and press buttons to stop it. It seems to go off cos I've opened the door? It's the same if we leave a window open it beeps for that. Is there a way to stop this?

Sounds like a chime is enabled on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 gamboyz

hi,

I have phonewatch system in the house. about 4years old. comes with 4 camera, smoke detector and door sensor.

anyone knows or have manual to configure this for self monitoring?

HONEYWELL
    panel: HMI8NO-SEC8EG
    keypad: LKP-S8M-PWA

thanks in advance

gamboyz wrote: »
    hi,

I have phonewatch system in the house. about 4years old. comes with 4 camera, smoke detector and door sensor.

anyone knows or have manual to configure this for self monitoring?

HONEYWELL
    panel: HMI8NO-SEC8EG
    keypad: LKP-S8M-PWA

thanks in advance

Its configured for P.W. so cant be done for self monitoring.
    Even replacing the panel it wont see the P.W. sensors.

Have cancelled the monitoring on a phonewatch alarm - I want to disconnect the main box (plugged in upstairs). If I do so, will the alarm activate after the backup battery dies?

• Advertisement

Dónal wrote: »
    Have cancelled the monitoring on a phonewatch alarm - I want to disconnect the main box (plugged in upstairs). If I do so, will the alarm activate after the backup battery dies?

If you plug it out then open and disconnect the battery.
    External bell is usually a dummy so should not sound once above is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

D wrote: »

How old is this system?

Just asking because if it is the latest stuff they have been installing over the last few years, they may own the equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭sinkadinka

We have an old monitored system, its the old wired version but due to getting a new puppy I want to be able to disarm the motion sensors. Ideally I’d like to be able to set the alarm to the setting we use at night which doesn’t arm the motion sensors but Phonew*atch are saying this isn’t possible and that we need to upgrade to a wireless system. Any ideas ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Cerco

sinkadinka wrote: »
    We have an old monitored system, its the old wired version but due to getting a new puppy I want to be able to disarm the motion sensors. Ideally I’d like to be able to set the alarm to the setting we use at night which doesn’t arm the motion sensors but Phonew*atch are saying this isn’t possible and that we need to upgrade to a wireless system. Any ideas ?

There is no technical reason why this cannot be done. Their refusal is probably due to business strategy, perhaps to upgrade older systems when changes are requested. There are some other threads here on the forum which may be of interest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Turas

Hi,
    There is an old phonewatch alarm in house and I found the fuse, but was wondering if there is a backup battery that needs to be disconnected also.

Turas wrote: »
    Hi,
    There is an old phonewatch alarm in house and I found the fuse, but was wondering if there is a backup battery that needs to be disconnected also.

In the panel and in the bell box,There was also one for the dialer in a separate enclosure.
    at least thats the way it was with mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭cmssjone

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have an old simon xt eircom alarm console that is still powered up from when I bought the house over 5 years ago. I have never used it and am now looking to remove the console (and other bits) as I am self installing a ring system. I'm assuming, after reading other posts, that I just can't rip it from the wall.

When I press the info button I get a couple of "failure open" alerts and also a "system communication failure". I don't really want to set off the alarm (if there is one, there is a box on the wall) and was hoping someone would be able to offer some guidance on how to totally disable it.

Thanks in advance for any help...

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭IdHidden

posted in error

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭IdHidden

error

• Advertisement
Advertisement