Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Desktop / Cabbage Mobile mega thread (Desktop/mobile texting app)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

the link i use is kind of dodgy at times. You can get it at
    www.e-ireland.net/cabbage.zip

too. At the moment its the most recent version but its not always guaranteed to be. Until i set up a sourceforge account the geocities link is the only one guaranteed to be the most recent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

nava wrote: »
    What is your ISP? mine is NTL, wonder does it have anything to do with that, because it was the same before?
    O2

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

ciaranfo wrote: »
    O2

Thanks

can you ping geocities.com the IP address I get IP 66.218.77.68 even when I try to browse www.geocities.com it doesn't work for me. The last time I tried to download it from geocities it didn't work all day for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

nava wrote: »
    Thanks

can you ping geocities.com the IP address I get IP 66.218.77.68 even when I try to browse www.geocities.com it doesn't work for me. The last time I tried to download it from geocities it didn't work all day for me.

Pinging geocities.com [66.218.77.68] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 66.218.77.68: bytes=32 time=273ms TTL=55
    Reply from 66.218.77.68: bytes=32 time=262ms TTL=54
    Reply from 66.218.77.68: bytes=32 time=251ms TTL=54
    Reply from 66.218.77.68: bytes=32 time=301ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 66.218.77.68:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 251ms, Maximum = 301ms, Average = 271ms

Try replacing "www.geocities.com" with "66.218.77.68" in CVs main url.

ciaranfo wrote: »

Pinging geocities.com [66.218.77.68] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 66.218.77.68: bytes=32 time=273ms TTL=55
    Reply from 66.218.77.68: bytes=32 time=262ms TTL=54
    Reply from 66.218.77.68: bytes=32 time=251ms TTL=54
    Reply from 66.218.77.68: bytes=32 time=301ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 66.218.77.68:
        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
        Minimum = 251ms, Maximum = 301ms, Average = 271ms

Try replacing "www.geocities.com" with "66.218.77.68" in CVs main url.

Same result, will test tomorrow from work and after contact NTL if it's their problem.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

www.e-ireland.net/cabbage.zip is the current version right now in case anybody is unsure ;)

whisht wrote: »
    www.e-ireland.net/cabbage.zip is the current version right now in case anybody is unsure ;)

Thanks

Downloaded earlier from that link, from my post in the Broadband forum looks like all users in NTL cannot access geocities.

i got some complaints that the interface would freeze for ages when sending texts so i've done something to fix it and uploaded the new one. let me know if i f*cked it up :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I havent been able to used AFT or Cabbage for about 2 days now?? I'm on o2, can anyone shed any light? I tried to version of cabbage and still no joy :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I think the AFT server is dead.

Good work on that App CV, I was thinking of writing one for ages but never got the finger out. what problems are you having with a direct client side O2 texter? Is it to do with parsing the web site? Login? Anything else?

The firebug plugin for firefox is a great way to see what a browser is doing when accessing a website.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I am constantly getting

Error: Program generated error. Message not sent

Have checked o2 and can send messages from there no probs

Cheers

Richie

I am constantly getting

Error: Program generated error. Message not sent

Have checked o2 and can send messages from there no probs

Cheers

Richie

As I said, I think the AFT server is down because I'm getting errors on my AFT phone application.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

err. I have the AFT code hosted on a server of mine if anyone wants to help me get it running!?! Dont know what I'm doing wrong at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Excuse my ignorance - is there anything special you need to do to get this to work. I have entered my username, password and number into the logins dialog but when i try and send it says 'Error - program generated error'.

I havent been able to used AFT or Cabbage for about 2 days now?? I'm on o2, can anyone shed any light? I tried to version of cabbage and still no joy :(

the AFT server isn't working. i'll send you an address that you should enter by pressing settings->manage server. i'm not posting it publicly because it couldn't handle the load of loads of people using it so please don't give it to anyone

hopefully i'll be able to make a client side version of the o2 code like i have with vodafone and meteor so a server won't be needed
    kmick wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance - is there anything special you need to do to get this to work. I have entered my username, password and number into the logins dialog but when i try and send it says 'Error - program generated error'.

what network are you on? the client side version of the code has been giving me errors every now and then since i updated it so that might be the problem. i'll be working on it over the weekend and hopefully i'll get it working. in the meantime, i'll pm you the server address too if you want?

rymus wrote: »
    err. I have the AFT code hosted on a server of mine if anyone wants to help me get it running!?! Dont know what I'm doing wrong at the moment...

what happens when you try to access it?
    Slaanesh wrote: »
    what problems are you having with a direct client side O2 texter? Is it to do with parsing the web site? Login? Anything else?

The firebug plugin for firefox is a great way to see what a browser is doing when accessing a website.

i'll take a look at that firebug extension thanks. i've been using livehttpheaders but hopefully it'll give me more info.

i can't get past the login stage. with meteor and vodafone i just put the username and password in the login string and it works fine but the page that o2 returns is the one you get when you don't have cookies enabled. i think the problem is i don't fully know how to use the xmlhttp object so i don't know how to deal with the cookies the site sends.

but it could also be that i'm not sending some information it needs or it recognises that its a visual basic program accessing it and not a browser. i don't really know tbh. hopefully firebug can shed some light on it

Do you not have to fool the other websites into thinking you are a standard browser?
    I remember in mackers perl script he used to change the requesting browser variable in the HTTP Header request to imitate any of the commonly used browsers. Could try that for a start.

Must look into it myself too :)

Here is mackers script: http://www.mackers.com/projects/o2sms/download.php
    It's the o2sms file in the zip.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Im on O2 - I am just using the default server adress at the moment.

Slaanesh wrote: »
    Do you not have to fool the other websites into thinking you are a standard browser.
    I remember in mackers perl script he used to change the requesting browser variable in the HTTP Header request to imitate any of the commonly used browsers. Could try that for a start.

Must look into it myself too :)
    i've done that. i set the user agent header to a version of firefox but it still doesn't work

kmick wrote: »
    Im on O2

right so you'll need my server. pm sent

what happens when you try to access it?

Fatal error: Call to a member function login() on a non-object in /var/www/apache2-default/send.php on line 32

Could be that I'm missing libraries or something..

• Advertisement

rymus wrote: »
    Fatal error: Call to a member function login() on a non-object in /var/www/apache2-default/send.php on line 32

Could be that I'm missing libraries or something..

i take it you're using my code? the code i made available is now out of date, i'll give you the updated one tonight when i get home.

did you create a folder called cookiebank in the same directory as the two php files and CHMOD it to 777?

do you have the net.class.php file in the same directory?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Nice program.
    Im also on O2, getting the same program error. :(

Commander Vimes that works perfect now. Thanks very much :D

P.S. I wont give it to anyone else as I have tried to spread the word with friends but they prefer to log on their repsective network sites everytime to send a message :confused:

Commander Vimes that works perfect now. Thanks very much :D

P.S. I wont give it to anyone else as I have tried to spread the word with friends but they prefer to log on their repsective network sites everytime to send a message :confused:

odd people :confused:

i take it you're using my code? the code i made available is now out of date, i'll give you the updated one tonight when i get home.

did you create a folder called cookiebank in the same directory as the two php files and CHMOD it to 777?

do you have the net.class.php file in the same directory?

Cheers. I didn't create any folders because I didn't know what to create. If you can pm the update to me it'd be great. Also, if it's to be setup any specific way, I'd appreciate a poke in the right direction.

i've just uploaded a new one. just a few minor changes to fix some bugs that would probably never have been noticed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭OCD

Hi Commander,

Any chance I could get a pm with the fix for the O2 server. Have been lost without my little texter!

Thanks.

OCD wrote: »
    Hi Commander,

Any chance I could get a pm with the fix for the O2 server. Have been lost without my little texter!

Thanks.
    pm sent

mart_max has kindly agreed to host my server side code on his site and let anyone who wants to use it. Now with 3 servers hosting the code and client side code for meteor and vodafone it should never go down, until the networks change their sites of course but that won't stop us for long :)

the url is: http://www.mamak.eu/sms/send.php

I've tested it and it works for all the networks

edit: it'll also stop working when o2 decides to deactivate their website every few days to make people spend more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭paul666

how do u save it to your computer. evrytime i click the x i can never find it again and end out downloading it again
    sorry im not good with computers

Advertisement