Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do men like crazy/unnatural hair colours on women?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

desultory wrote: »
    99% of people care. The other 1% are lying. Stop trying to pretend that physical attraction doesn't exist.

SEE THE PERSON INSIDE!

With your amazing internal personality viewing eyes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Lets ask myself, we're getting back positives here. All sorts of colours are great, purple, blue, silver and so on. Pretty cool to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

desultory wrote: »
    99% of people care. The other 1% are lying. Stop trying to pretend that physical attraction doesn't exist.

As I said, it doesn't matter about hair, tattoos, piercings - it's the person inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Zen65

Davidius wrote: »
    Piercings and tattoos I like less and for me personally they take from a woman's attractiveness.

I'm guessing it may be an age thing, but I dislike any kind of piercing and almost all tattoos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Frank Lee Midere

old hippy wrote: »
    As I said, it doesn't matter about hair, tattoos, piercings - it's the person inside.

We are talking about external physical attraction. If you like imagining internal organs then you may want to start a thread on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

The lady friend has purple hair, just the front half anyway. She's not high maintenence and I think it looks fantastic. It used to be pink, but think both of us prefer the purple. Blue is next I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Who gives a fcuk in fairness.It is only feckin hair, Open your mind. See the person.
    We are talking about external physical attraction. If you like imagining internal organs then you may want to start a thread on that.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

:confused:

I think he means that the reality is that attraction starts with the physical.

Personally I find someone then becomes more attractive if they have the personality/sense of humour to go with it, but unless you have that initial physical spark you probably won't get to that point.

Tattoos and piercings (other than ears) would immediately put me off someone.

Natural hair colours are much more preferable also though mad colours wouldn't be as much of a deal breaker as tattoos.

I'm simply don't believe that a persons looks or appearance have no influence on you at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Dyed my blonde hair red years ago but it wasn't "mad" red, just a dark red but I'll go au natural now 'till I go grey then I might dye it a white blonde.

I think it can look brilliant on certain people. My brother's girlfriend is a proper punk in her 40s with dyed blue hair and she really pulls it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Tattoos and piercings (other than ears) would immediately put me off someone.

Natural hair colours are much more preferable also though wouldn't be as much of a deal breaker as tattoos.

It's like... I think it and you say it :)

Tattoos would actively put me off someone. Ditto piercings aside from one in each ear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

and as I said, you're full of shít.

edit: obviously worth the ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Or maybe call a counsellor :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I had purple at the ends of my hair last year for a bit. Wouldn't do it again as I felt like I was a bit too old for that carry on :o For anyone under 23ish, grand! This was it.

Voted that I don't like it in the poll. Your pic changed my mind. Just sayin'.

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Up there with tattoos and piercings as a big no-no for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

awec wrote: »
    Up there with tattoos and piercings as a big no-no for me.

That's a very small pool you are fishing in I'd say!! Be more like a puddle in this day and age!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

I don't see why anyone would care, it's a hair colour. Fairly trivial imo.

alleystar wrote: »
    I don't see why anyone would care, it's a hair colour. Fairly trivial imo.

Are you just attracted to everyone? Or are there things you like / dislike in your preferred sex? :confused:

kfallon wrote: »
    That's a very small pool you are fishing in I'd say!! Be more like a puddle in this day and age!

I disagree. I'd say women with normal hair, no tattoos and minimal piercings are in the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Are you just attracted to everyone? Or are there things you like / dislike in your preferred sex? :confused:

Yeah, I'm attracted to everyone alright.

Hair colour is easily changeable, I just don't why it would be an issue...or maybe it's just me.

• Advertisement

Huh?

I'd say there are more women without tattoos, dodgy coloured hair or piercings in places other than the ear than the other way around.

Though I've no need to be fishing anywhere myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Some women can do it, and it looks great on them

Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks, and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I disagree. I'd say women with normal hair, no tattoos and minimal piercings are in the majority.
    awec wrote: »
    Huh?

I'd say there are more women without tattoos, dodgy coloured hair or piercings in places other than the ear than the other way around.

Though I've no need to be fishing anywhere myself :)

You'll find a lot of women (and men) have tattoos in this day and age. Some you might only see if you do actually get to sleep with them! Majority of women I've slept with had at least one now that I think of it. They weren't on display to everyone but if you got them naked they were there.

Delighted you found your perfect woman who meets your exact standards too :p

Delighted you found your perfect woman who meets your exact standards too :p

Me too! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 fuzzle

it's nice if they have nice arm tattoos and look a bit like kat von dee... if they're quite irish looking, then no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

I thought you were a dude! :)

Really!? Well sorry to disappoint you Senor :P
    A former tomboy here that grew up into liking all the girly things :D

Candie wrote: »
    Coppery brown is a great natural colour, don't mess with perfection :)

Ah Candie thank you, funnily enough I have been asked on a few occasions if I dye my hair myself or do I go to the hairdressers! :D

czechlin wrote: »
    Ah Candie thank you, funnily enough I have been asked on a few occasions if I dye my hair myself or do I go to the hairdressers! :D

You could take that two ways! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Who gives a fcuk in fairness.It is only feckin hair, Open your mind. See the person.

Well, someone might not like it aesthetically. Think it's unfair to insinuate they're closed-minded because of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Tarzana

Well, if we're talking outside your average earlobe piercings, I wouldn't say it's that small a pond at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

You could take that two ways! :eek:

I could! But it was followed by "it looks lovely", so I didn't ;)

Advertisement