Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do men like crazy/unnatural hair colours on women?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Who gives a fcuk in fairness.It is only feckin hair, Open your mind. See the person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Magenta wrote: »
    Seeing lots of women with unnatural colours in their hair such as pinks, blues, purples, and bright reds, either streaks or just on the ends.

Out of curiosity, how do the good men of After Hours like it?
    Would bright pink etc streaks put you off a woman? Good/bad/indifferent?

Would you like to dye your hair magenta, Magenta?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

It looks great on some girls, they have to have a particular look though. Many cant pull it off and it would look silly on them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭///3power

no

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 123 ✭✭///3power

yes

bb1234567 wrote: »
    It looks great on some girls, they have to have a particular look though. Many cant pull it off and it would look silly on them

I hair ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Would you like to dye your hair magenta, Magenta?

It's been most colours, including magenta :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

I like it. Especially the reds, purples and blues.

Unfortunately those dyes are so hair damaging it took me ages to get my hair into a good condition. And sadly I'm one of those girls that can't really pull this look off :(
    I've got naturally coppery brown hair and am sticking with it for now. Anything darker seems to be too harsh looking on me and I don't like the idea of anything lighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Nope, not for me thanks

But then I don't like tattoos or excessive piercings either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Who gives a fcuk in fairness.It is only feckin hair, Open your mind. See the person.
    The way someone choses to look can say a lot about them as a person. If someone decides they want to have bright purple hair and have the confidence to run with it and carry it off with confidence it can something very attractive about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

czechlin wrote: »
    I like it. Especially the reds, purples

I thought you were a dude! :)

Anyway, I used to go out with a girl that had purple and green streaked hair. It actually looked really good. I suppose it helped that she was pretty.

Still reminded me of a bruiser bar though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

r/girlswithneonhair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

*BREAKING NEWS* women don't dye their hair to please men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

I can't say I'm a fan. I'm not mad about crazy tattoos or piercings either, each to their own I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

I think it's more the personality expressed in hair colour. I know a lot of people don't consider it, but hair is really the only part of ourselves that we treat as a fashion accessory and can change to reflect personalities. When I was younger my mam would force me to cut my hair short while I always wanted it longer. But I digress.

As with everything, it's nice if done right but if it doesn't suit you or you don't like it, don't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tom Baker

Like the natural look on women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

rawn wrote: »

I'm sure some do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Whether or not men find it attractive is a serious consideration for a lot of women whenever they make any alteration to their appearance.

*This isn't breaking news*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

strobe wrote: »
    Whether or not men find it attractive is a going concern for a lot of women whenever they make any alteration to their appearance.

*This isn't breaking news*

Likewise for men.

It's only natural.

czechlin wrote: »
    I like it. Especially the reds, purples and blues.

Unfortunately those dyes are so hair damaging it took me ages to get my hair into a good condition. And sadly I'm one of those girls that can't really pull this look off :(
    I've got naturally coppery brown hair and am sticking with it for now. Anything darker seems to be too harsh looking on me and I don't like the idea of anything lighter.

I always admire the confidence girls must have to pull off blue or pink hair. It would look insanely ridiculous on me, and I don't think it'd be well received in my conservative work environment either.

Coppery brown is a great natural colour, don't mess with perfection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I don't think it looks particularly attractive. It wouldn't ruin a pretty face but I don't like it. Piercings and tattoos I like less and for me personally they take from a woman's attractiveness.
    They are probably doing it to appear a particular way to certain other people, perhaps not necessarily men, but somebody. Because unless they spend an inordinate amount of time admiring themselves in the mirror they won't even see it much and it would be a bit pointless. Though I suppose the mirror scenario is always a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Mostly different colours look fine to me. The only one that struck me as weird was a couple of girls I've seen over the last year who've died their hair a sort of ash grey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

It's the person that counts, who cares about the rest? That way shallowness and vanity lie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I miss having red hair :(

Used to do it different colours all the time, but my hair is so damaged from bleaching that my hairdresser told me to only use dark, non permanent dyes for two years until my hair stops falling out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

old hippy wrote: »
    It's the person that counts, who cares about the rest? That way shallowness and vanity lie.

Everybody does, it's called physical attraction, yaknow the thing that makes you go up to a stranger and chat to em not there going, oh I bet that person has a wonderful personality.

ME, give me hot inked, pierced alt girls with dyed hair all day every day

They all have lovely hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Screams "high Maintenence/strung attention Seeker" to me tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭desultory

old hippy wrote: »

99% of people care. The other 1% are lying. Stop trying to pretend that physical attraction doesn't exist.

Advertisement