Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Nursing Results & Offers 2013.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 elrlb88

Sharon2013 wrote: »
    Anyone goin dcu?

I am Sharon what course did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭creme egg

What is the group on FB called?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭lems

Did anyone apply for Psychiatric Nursing in NUIG? I deferred my place so I reckon it'll be offered to someone soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

hey guys seen this tread and think its best to post in here . I am 22 and will b 23 next january , while i am working at present i have and have in the past had an interest in takeing a career in the medical department i have been voulenteering on my locat ambulance and have reached efr elevl and going for my emt this comeing autum and hope to become paramedic in future if the hse ever recurit again but in the mean time i have taught about going for nurseing am i correct in saying that general nurseing covers most hospital duties and if prefered you can specilise in certian places pediatrics etc ? If so how do i go about getting in on mature student basis as if not il have to repeat my leaveing cert as its not the best and will have no where near points and i dont have a biology as my science subject ? any infromation helpful , what nuresing courses is ran in AIT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kazmac

Thanks!

Is this the one you were going to post. http://www.tcd.ie/orientation/students/undergraduates/nursing-mature.php ?
    Went searching on the Trinity site and it come up, so Im happy I'll be able to choose which hospital and hoping I'll get my first choice.
    Im trying to get everything sorted ASAP , but its tough getting everything in order. Should we be starting the Garda Vetting process ourselves cha think ?

Hi Clarelessly

Are you going to attend any of the mature student orientation sessions at Trinity? What discipline of nursing are you going to be studying? logged in myself online yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Aine87

elrlb88 wrote: »
    I am Sharon what course did you get?

I got DCU too- Children's and General. What about the two of you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Clarelessly

Kazmac wrote: »
    Hi Clarelessly

Are you going to attend any of the mature student orientation sessions at Trinity? What discipline of nursing are you going to be studying? logged in myself online yesterday!

Hey Kazmac,

Im entering Midwifery, so excited! Feels like this process has been going on forever, I cant wait to start. Yeah , Im going to the orientation on the 9th so I guess I'll see you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rosepetal_irl

To get into nursing as a mature student.
    1. You must be 23 in the January before the start of your course
    2. Competition is fierce especially for mature places as there are only a few per college (maybe 5)
    3. You will need a science subject biology is the best one to have..best at higher level. Check the requirements of the college you are applying to they will state minimum subjects & grades to be considered
    4. If you get to an interview stage..not all courses offer this anymore. .you may get to give your volunteer experience but generally acceptance is based on where you come in the best grades process.
    5. There is a aptitude type test that you need to do in Feb/Apr (info on the nurses registry boards website I think) this puts you in a ranking system too.
    6. Nursing is extremely tough to get into even with high grades in leaving cert or fetac.

Having said all that if you really want it just go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Rosepetal you're wrong on a couple of bits, if you want to go down the mature student entry route your leaving cert results are not required. You also do not need to meet the minimum subject requirement. You gain a place solely on the results of the aptitude test. There is no longer an interview section to the process.
    www.nursingcareer.ie will provide all the information you need. It is a very competitive process bear in mind.

The mature student entry requires you be 23 on january 1st!!!!! And unfortunately even if you're 23 on January 2nd you may not apply through the mature route

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sharon2013

Hey, I know it's late To ask but is anyone goin to dcu induction day tomorro?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Thought I might let ye all no I got offered my course on Friday during the 4th round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 rosmantic

Just got offered My third course in Dundalk delighted, does anyone one when this starts? :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

PucaMama wrote: »
    Thought I might let ye all no I got offered my course on Friday during the 4th round :)
    Ah that's great :) you applied to ucd didn't you? Which course did you get? Are you starting tomorrow?

WildRosie wrote: »
    Ah that's great :) you applied to ucd didn't you? Which course did you get? Are you starting tomorrow?
    unfortunately i cant start until wednesday as im having a small operation tomorrow morning :o i got general nursing in ucd

Cool well we've chemistry first thing that morning :) Hope the op goes well.

Cool well we've chemistry first thing that morning :) Hope the op goes well.
    are you in ucd too :D

PucaMama wrote: »
    are you in ucd too :D
    Yeah I'm in C&G. We share most of the same lectures so if you've any questions ask away and I'll try and answer :)

Yeah I'm in C&G. We share most of the same lectures so if you've any questions ask away and I'll try and answer :)

thank you :D ill probably have a few about the ucard and the online stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

Has anyone here started Midwifery in UCD by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭creme egg

Puca mama. Great news! Delighted you got it
    How did you go with points on the aptitude test. I will hopefully be doing this in 2015!! Did you use any books to prepare for it/any courses?

How are you finding college now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Sharon2013

Hi everyone just wondering how every1 is gettin on

Advertisement