Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anker Premium Stereo Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker (A3143) - 40% Off @ £23.99 Delivered

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Doge wrote: »
    The bluedio only has half the power output of the Anker -10 watts compared to the ankers 20 watts.

I think it would be worth paying the extra £10 for the anker.

Its back in stock in a week.

Audio output is a log calculation not straightforward simple math, i.e. to double the sound level of 10wRMS you need 100wRMS (simple example as the speaker sensitivity needs be factored in also), the difference between 10wRMS and 20wRMS is negligible.
    What you really want to know is the decibel output, 60db is you and me talking, 110db is shouting into your ear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,059 ✭✭✭Doge

slave1 wrote: »
    Audio output is a log calculation not straightforward simple math, i.e. to double the sound level of 10wRMS you need 100wRMS (simple example as the speaker sensitivity needs be factored in also), the difference between 10wRMS and 20wRMS is negligible.
    What you really want to know is the decibel output, 60db is you and me talking, 110db is shouting into your ear.

I doubt the specified output is RMS, I reckon its just the Peak value.

The decibel output is 105db in a youtube video that measured it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Arrived without sealed plastic wrapping. Ordered an Anker battery at the same time which came sealed. Hope the speaker is not recycled stock.

eman66 wrote: »
    Arrived without sealed plastic wrapping. Ordered an Anker battery at the same time which came sealed. Hope the speaker is not recycled stock.

There was no plastic seal on any of the items I ordered. They're shipped in blue and white boxes as i showed in a previous post. I doubt its recycled stock, they probably just seal the batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

There was no plastic seal on any of the items I ordered. They're shipped in blue and white boxes as i showed in a previous post. I doubt its recycled stock, they probably just seal the batteries.

Mine also came in the blue and white box with the speaker wrapped in a white foam now its in as new condition but it's not brand new it didn’t have the " aroma" if i could put it that way of been brand new but what the heck for 30 odd euro who cares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mine also came in the blue and white box with the speaker wrapped in a white foam now its in as new condition but it's not brand new it didn’t have the " aroma" if i could put it that way of been brand new but what the heck for 30 odd euro who cares

There was no reference to it being b stock and it was sold as new, so it had better be new when santa brings mine!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭SteM

Picked up one of the battery packs at the same time. Might be my imagination but it seems to charge the phone quicker than my mains charger.

SteM wrote: »
    Picked up one of the battery packs at the same time. Might be my imagination but it seems to charge the phone quicker than my mains charger.

It uses Power IQ technology which claims to charge supported devices faster.

It can detect the model of the device you are charging.

It uses Power IQ technology which claims to charge supported devices faster.

It can detect the model of the device you are charging.

It's great value for €10.50!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭magicmoves

Back on sale for £44.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

SteM wrote: »

Could you post a link to that charger please?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

magicmoves wrote: »
    Back on sale for £44.99

and the original price is shown as £99.99 which I'm sure it wasn't when sold for £23.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

If anyone is not using theirs, I'm interested! How is the current deal 40% @44.99 when the other offer was 40% @ 23.99?

Could you post a link to that charger please?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VJQLKNK?tag=hotukdealsev-21

It's £17.99 now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Simona1986 wrote: »
    If anyone is not using theirs, I'm interested! How is the current deal 40% @44.99 when the other offer was 40% @ 23.99?

It was originally selling at £39.99

Still not a bad price and free delivery to Ireland:

Deliveries to the Republic of Ireland

Orders including £25 or more (including local VAT) of eligible items from any product category qualify for FREE Delivery. Items will be delivered 3-5 days after dispatch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Can anyone recommend a cheap mains charger to use with this speaker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Toxica wrote: »
    It was originally selling at £39.99

So 44.99 should not be marketed at 40% off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

Tusky wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a cheap mains charger to use with this speaker?

Any decent phone charger, 5V/1.5A

• Advertisement

They've released a new speaker yesterday called the Soundcore, currently priced at €37.50

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Dual-Driver-Connection-Incredible-Microphone/dp/B016MO90GW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449170726&sr=8-1&keywords=anker+soundcore

3W drivers this time but it has upto 24 hours battery life and a Mic for handsfree calls.

So its more comparable with the other Anker speaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

How would this compare to the streaming speaker due into lidl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭corkie

Lightning Deal on the Anker Speaker around 12:30 today.

Has now dropped to £37.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

Have a spare, PM if you are interested.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭mrtom

Can anyone recommend a decent Equalizer android app, preferably free, for the A4143 ?

mrtom wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a decent Equalizer android app, preferably free, for the A4143 ?

PowerAmp music player has a good equalizer built in.

corkie wrote: »
    PowerAmp music player has a good equalizer built in.

thanks, tell me what does "trial" mean on the install link?

thanks, tell me what does "trial" mean on the install link?

This version is 15 days full featured Trial. See Related Apps for Poweramp Full Version Unlocker or use Buy option in Poweramp settings to buy Full Version.

I don't know what features are disabled after the trial ends. I have Poweramp Full Version Unlocker €3.99 for so long, cannot even remember buying it (years ago)

corkie wrote: »
    I don't know what features are disabled after the trial ends. I have Poweramp Full Version Unlocker €3.99 for so long, cannot even remember buying it (years ago)

thanks for the details

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I haven't found an Android App that lets you change the Q factor / resonance like the iOS app that clavinetjunkie uses.

Poweramp full was only a euro there a few weeks ago, it was posted in the must have android apps and games thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055658304

Unfortunately I haven't found an Android App that lets you change the Q factor / resonance like the iOS app that clavinetjunkie uses.

Poweramp full was only a euro there a few weeks ago, it was posted in the must have android apps and games thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055658304

I'm new to the Android eco system and exploring possibilities. The thing about apps seeming to access all info on my phone makes me wary of a credit card purchase, so looking for a free app for now. I installed "Equalizer Pro"; launches fine and I can browse thru music with its interface it, however no matter what I choose, bass or flat I cant decern any difference on the A3143. I'm assuming a dodgy app.
    Am trying to find out if my Moto E has built in EQ !

The thing about apps seeming to access all info on my phone makes me wary of a credit card purchase,

If your worried about using your main credit card with google play, maybe consider getting a prepaid credit card for that purpose.

I'm new to the Android eco system and exploring possibilities. The thing about apps seeming to access all info on my phone makes me wary of a credit card purchase, so looking for a free app for now. I installed "Equalizer Pro"; launches fine and I can browse thru music with its interface it, however no matter what I choose, bass or flat I cant decern any difference on the A3143. I'm assuming a dodgy app.
    Am trying to find out if my Moto E has built in EQ !

Maybe the equalizer app you have just doesn't work over Bluetooth, try connecting it directly to confirm.

None of the apps will be able to access credit card information. You can use paypal to pay for apps on google play also.

When Android Marshmallow comes out you can select what you let your apps access.

Maybe the equalizer app you have just doesn't work over Bluetooth, try connecting it directly to confirm.

None of the apps will be able to access credit card information. You can use paypal to pay for apps on google play also.

When Android Marshmallow comes out you can select what you let your apps access.

No joy with cable, I'v seen you tube vids with an Eq working over bluetooth. Now my Moto E has bluetooth V 2.1 and the Anker is V 4.0; relevant?

Good Evening Anker W@nkers! :pac:

Just bumping the thread to show some bargain options for cases I found as people will probably want one for protecting it on the move.

This is the best fitting one I have found so far is this Co2Crea branded one
    :

$_57.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Found it on Amazon.com but they don't ship to Europe, so I found the same case from Chinese seller on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/for-Anker-PremiumStereo-Bluetooth-4-0Portable-Wireless-Speaker-A3143-hard-case-/281903919058

It's £10 with free shipping to the UK so you can use Parcel Wizard, Parcel Motel or Address Pal to get it faster and cheaper.

Postage to Ireland is £4 extra.
    It was previously £14 plus shipping for all the last items bought so consider it a bargain at its current price.

I'll post more options in my next posts.

Case #2 will fit also fit a USB wall charger:

71j50GAvWIL._SX522_.jpg

On ebay its £9.99 with free shipping to the UK, or £14 to Ireland:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Storage-Travel-Carrying-Hard-Case-Bag-Box-Anker-Bluetooth-Speaker-A3143-/281905403063?hash=item41a2df14b7

It is also Fulfilled by Amazon UK with UK postage only:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B019MO6YKE?m=ATAWMDN5DYRMI&ref_=aag_m_pw_dp

Case #3 will fit an Anker Powerbank multiport USB charger and cables, it looks pretty big though, and probably wont fit a UK plug in:

61ONggeiRRL._SX522_.jpg

Doesn't seem to be sold by the ebay seller, maybe you can contact them and request it.
    Theres one for the slightly smaller rectangular Anker bluetooth speaker but it wont fit the a3143 model.

On fulfilled by Amazon UK and it's £12.99 plus postage to the UK only.
    Free shipping on orders over £20 applies.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shockproof-Carrying-Portable-Wireless-Bluetooth/dp/B017QZ2XDI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1458251574&sr=8-5&keywords=Anker+a3143+case

And finally there's this offering from a brand called Khanka which will fit in a usb and audio cable:

71ULIj5PGCL._SX522_.jpg

It doesnt look as nice to me though!

It's fulfilled by Amazon UK and costs £9.99, but only ships to the UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Khanka-Carrying-Portable-Wireless-Bluetooth/dp/B019XDTP00/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458252214&sr=8-1&keywords=A3143+case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Selling mine on adverts at the minute if anyone wants to pick up a bargain.

• Advertisement

€50 is a bargain for a second hand speaker?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

For a speaker of its quality , yes. I didn't get it at the discounted rate either in case you think I'm profiteering. Mine cost around 65 delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ive just had mine recently replaced due to a little distortion, customer service is second to none. Anyone else run into this difficulty?

My case came today. (Details of cases are on the previous page.)

It has a lovely soft velour feel on the inside, and thick bubbles and padding to protect it:

dslJsJ8.jpg

It fits in absolutely perfectly, nice and tight, not a bit loose:

DUurEvF.jpg

The logo is a bit naff (co 54) looking but I knew that before buying it:

Kpcs2Le.jpg

All in all the perfect case to keep it protected on the go.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Ive just had mine recently replaced due to a little distortion, customer service is second to none. Anyone else run into this difficulty?

I got a nasty vibration on the unit I ordered at Christmas time, it wasn't a distortion like clipping or crackling.

Tbh the replacement unit has it too but not as bad. It only happens with certain songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

MAJJ wrote: »
    Am seeing it for 44.99GBP now

well its now the 'next day' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

How do you know when it's fully charged when charging folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Has this price come up since? On the lookout for something like this to replace loads of crappy small ones. Not such a bargain at £40 though. I set up a camelcamelcamel alert but that doesn't pick up daily deals like this one

Advertisement