Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SoccerManager.com (#3) The Boards.ie World

Options
  • 04-02-2014 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

The #2 thread is only a few posts from collapsing under its own weight so

Here's a shiney new thread!

Gameworld detail:

**UPDATE Novermber 2013**
    We are still accepting players into the game world.you can PM me if you need any help in getting started.

We have created a Soccermanager.com league world for the Boards.ie members only. It only launched on 24th of March 2013 and new members are always welcome.
    If you would like a team in it, then register on the site and then search for game world ID:174426 to view free clubs. If you want a club then click "Apply" and post in here your user name and which club you applied for and ill accept you into the world ASAP.Or else just PM me with your email and ill offer you a job

As alot of the big clubs are already managed players who join now will start with a small team and try too amass as much manager points as possible as down the road when teams become free we refer too manager points and the manager with the most points who wants the job is awarded it.it is easyier too get points with small teams then big teams as this explains

The success that you achieve with your club is rewarded in the form of Manager Points. They are awarded for wins, draws, league titles, cup titles and you get additional points for winning or drawing against a team that is stronger than your own. For each respective feat you are awarded the following based on our manager point scoring system:

Win: 3 pts
    Draw: 1 pts
    Lose: 0 pts
    Win against stronger team: 5 pts
    Draw against stronger team: 2 pts
    League Title: 10 pts
    Cup Title: 10 pts

The Manager Points that you are awarded will be accumulated during your time as manager of the club. This information will also be recorded and displayed within your Profile and Club History. If you manage to accumulate enough points then you feature within the Best Managers list.

Please note that if you move to another club due to either accepting a job offer or resigning then your Manager Points will not transfer with you. However, they will still be displayed within your Profile alongside the respective club you accumulated them with.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

:)/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

So how about max squad sizes??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

A must, SMFP and all that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

got my arse handed to me!
    well done genoa!

willing to part with wilfred bony- P/E only, he was my ace card

start of a new era and all that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Maldjd23 wrote: »

I vote in favour of this. It would make the game so much more fair and realistic. Its ridiculous when theres a few teams with 200+ players just being hoarded up like and with teams outside of Div 1 struggling to get decent players at a fair price.

Some of us have FAR too much time on their hands to spend all day bidding on players from externals than others, so its impossible to find the time, for me anyway, to go searching through the database for externals of a decent rating that haven't been hoovered up already.

A 60 player cap or whatever for next season where people had to purge all their "unwanted" players, by any means, even if it means selling them at FACE VALUE!!! (:eek::eek::eek::eek: SHOCK AND HORROR!) to get down to that cap would be good but alas this post is probably pointless as nothing will change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

you won't get all 70 of whatever managers to comply, most I've never even seen posting on boards

I think it will inevitably be what turns people off this game,bigger clubs are hoovering up all the talent anyway and have no need to sell at all ( did the Madrid manager say he has 100+m in the bank in the other thread)

If it could be done I would be in favour but I don't think it can be

you won't get all 70 of whatever managers to comply, most I've never even seen posting on boards

I think it will inevitably be what turns people off this game,bigger clubs are hoovering up all the talent anyway and have no need to sell at all ( did the Madrid manager say he has 100+m in the bank in the other thread)

If it could be done I would be in favour but I don't think it can be

It will be the death of the gameworld, where it will be eventually need to be reset and restarted, or either only the top teams with the usual regulars will remain. 80% of players on the transfer list are up for P/ex, but how can a small team with a tiny bank balance comply with that when they cant really afford to be giving away any of their decent players anyways?

It will be interesting to see how the copa del board gameworld operates with their squad cap in the next few seasons. I think it will work far better personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

40 players max should be more than enough. Some teams have ridiculous squads

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Maldjd23 wrote: »

Ah Jaysus .... already :p

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus .... already :p

I was only messing..:D:D

That said, i would be in favour of it. I reckon 25 players per squad would do. Certainly make it more of a challenge and would share the wealth.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    40 players max should be more than enough. Some teams have ridiculous squads

Juve, chelsea and the worst of them all from what I can see from a quick look... dortmund are the main culprits :(

190 youth players for christ sake lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

RAMOS 95

ALONSO 95

both been added to transfer market for p/x

Ramos is only 1 of 4 95 rated central defenders so is gonna take a huge offer to nab him.

Alonso is moving on at 32 but still will need a good offer

In all honesty they are two of my best players and I prob wont sell them at all but just giving people a chance to make an offer that tempts me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Tinie wrote: »
    Juve, chelsea and the worst of them all from what I can see from a quick look... dortmund are the main culprits :(

190 youth players for christ sake lol

Madness...14 keepers he has :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

25 is too low for people who are in all the cups and that. 50 seems to be alright. You can have a full replacement squad and a few extras and enough youths.

Can't see Mac agreeing considering he has 200 players lol

Oh and I'm thinking about selling Coentrao, 2 young 89 or over players in return. I'll keep him if I can't get that.

May do a deal for a LW or RW 92 or over, Coentrao plus cash

Lads seriously! squad caps has been discussed to death ...

They are not doing anything wrong ... ANYONE can by newly added players, as a matter of fact smaler teams have higher max prices on these players than the big teams so they should be able to snap up more than they do.

Can't see Mac agreeing considering he has 200 players lol

Oh and I'm thinking about selling Coentrao, 2 young 89 or over players in return. I'll keep him if I can't get that.

May do a deal for a LW or RW 92 or over, Coentrao plus cash

are you on chat on SM?

25 is too low for people who are in all the cups and that. 50 seems to be alright. You can have a full replacement squad and a few extras and enough youths.

Not if you get knocked out in the 1st round like me!!:D

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    are you on chat on SM?

Doesn't work on the tablet, you can mail me on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

this is the amount of fcuk i give about squad size

gw-mrjee.gif

• Advertisement

3 bids for Coentrao, only one 89 player in sight, tonnes of cash

Do I need to make an illustration of the instructions I gave in the last post :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

A limit would be healthy in my opinion.
    How about for new players joining our league how are they suppose to build a youth team when they are all taken by youth whores.

It doesnt bother me much to be honest as I wont be playing this game in a few years time but the game has no future at all if every youth player is at 5 clubs it will be a lonely world with only 5 of ye playing :p

The world has enough for every mans need
    But not every mans greed

3 bids for Coentrao, only one 89 player in sight, tonnes of cash

Do I need to make an illustration of the instructions I gave in the last post :pac:

draw me like you would draw a french girl........ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Just for future reference,

Unmanaged clubs will buy players. I'm sure it was mentioned when we were discussing the issue that they would neither be able to sell nor buy.

I am pretty sure that is not true, upon going back to Genoa, 3 deals fell through, all players that play for Genoa in real life that are at externals in the game.

So i had a look at Rangers and West Brom, and they have both signed players while being unmanaged, Anelka and Rosenberg to West Brom a couple of days ago for example. As stated somewhere on SM they will try to buy the players they can that will make them as close to the real life club as they can.

So that pot of money I was trying to build up would have been wasted on wages and players, I could have avoided so much trouble :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

phobia2011 wrote: »
    got my arse handed to me!
    well done genoa!

willing to part with wilfred bony- P/E only, he was my ace card

start of a new era and all that!

The youngsters done me well, Wouldn't mind a nice cup run.

Bony still managed to get MotM.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I am massively against squad limits, especially being brought in after 3 seasons.

I genuinely don't think it causes half the problems some people seem to think it does. There are still loads of good young players available at externals, and if people take the time, they can get into the "hoovering" of the younger talents as well. As has been said, people with 200+ players will have a harder time bidding for such players....but then a lot of the time, the players aren't even coming under bidding wars. How many of the 200+ players Juvi have even had more than 2 people interested in them at a time?

I've got a squad of over 80 right now; I can't imagine there's more than about 20 of those players who would get massive attention if I started selling. And what then, prey tell, would people do with the 50m they'd have extra sitting in the bank? Leave it to rot?

I am massively against squad limits, especially being brought in after 3 seasons.

I genuinely don't think it causes half the problems some people seem to think it does. There are still loads of good young players available at externals, and if people take the time, they can get into the "hoovering" of the younger talents as well. As has been said, people with 200+ players will have a harder time bidding for such players....but then a lot of the time, the players aren't even coming under bidding wars. How many of the 200+ players Juvi have even had more than 2 people interested in them at a time?

I've got a squad of over 80 right now; I can't imagine there's more than about 20 of those players who would get massive attention if I started selling. And what then, prey tell, would people do with the 50m they'd have extra sitting in the bank? Leave it to rot?

image.png

*young players that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

I'd be fully in support of a squad cap, 50 would be a decent limit. It could be in place for season 5 if it was agreed upon, that way teams would have plenty of time to get sorted.

Sorry lads I know some are against it but there are nearly as many in support of it.

This keeps coming up so often I dare say it's time to have a proper vote on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I'd be fully in support of a squad cap, 50 would be a decent limit. It could be in place for season 5 if it was agreed upon, that way teams would have plenty of time to get sorted.

Sorry lads I know some are against it but there are nearly as many in support of it.

This keeps coming up so often I dare say it's time to have a proper vote on it.

Poll!!

• Advertisement

The people against it will just not sell their players and there isn't anything that can be done to make them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement