Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Ferrari's Camper Van (off-topic discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Sent this to Dublin Bus email. We'll see if anything comes of it. Maybe if everyone who has a "near death" experience tells the bus company repeat offenders will be flagged up.

Dear Sir,

I was cycling At 5.24pm on Sunday the 4th March when the Dublin Bus Number 15 ( I think the registration was 02Dxxxxx) on St. Colmkille's Road (approching Bus Stop No. 4887 St. Colmcille's Way,Junction Scholarstown Road, Stop 4887) overtook me and immediately pulled in to have the rear left side of the bus forcing me into the kerb. I was forced to brake sharply to avoid the bus hitting me.
    The bus continued on it's path and came to a stop at the traffic lights at the junction of Scholarstown Road and Knocklyon Road. I cycled up to the drivers window to alert him to the fact he had passed too close and could have caused me to fall under his rear wheel. He indicated that I should not me on the road and he had been teaching me that lesson. He informed me it was my fault as I should have been in the cycle lane. The driver using his bus to make this point could have killed me and is not safe driving.

kind regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Peterx wrote: »
    Sent this to Dublin Bus email. We'll see if anything comes of it. Maybe if everyone who has a "near death" experience tells the bus company repeat offenders will be flagged up.

Dear Sir,

I was cycling At 5.24pm on Sunday the 4th March when the Dublin Bus Number 15 ( I think the registration was <snip>) on St. Colmkille's Road (approching Bus Stop No. 4887 St. Colmcille's Way,Junction Scholarstown Road, Stop 4887) overtook me and immediately pulled in to have the rear left side of the bus forcing me into the kerb. I was forced to brake sharply to avoid the bus hitting me.
    The bus continued on it's path and came to a stop at the traffic lights at the junction of Scholarstown Road and Knocklyon Road. I cycled up to the drivers window to alert him to the fact he had passed too close and could have caused me to fall under his rear wheel. He indicated that I should not me on the road and he had been teaching me that lesson. He informed me it was my fault as I should have been in the cycle lane. The driver using his bus to make this point could have killed me and is not safe driving.

kind regards,

Report this incident to the Gardai, then inform Dublin Bus that you have done so.
    Ask Dublin Bus for access to to onboard video camera - also ask the Gardai.

I have a feeling that DB will take the Gardai part far more seriously that a letter. You may also want to check the recent court case where a driver also tried to teach a cyclist a "lesson." IIRC, that driver is doing time, yo may want to reference this in your discussion with the Gardai and DB.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Christ's teeth, when is it ever any road users prerogative to be dole-ing out 'lessons' to others?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

NickWray wrote: »
    Christ's teeth, when is it ever any road users prerogative to be dole-ing out 'lessons' to others?

Christ's teeth? Where is that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Lusk Doyle wrote: »

His head, probably.

Or the glass beside his bed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I seem to remember lots of Christ's something or others as exclamations in Shakespeare. Swounds (his wounds), Sblood etc. Feel free to make up your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

do they come in packs of 10 ( to paraphrase blackadder)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

While were on about DB, can I send the bill with a letter of complaint to Dublin Bus for a new tyre for my bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    How much are you charging this time Rob?

I'll give you some of mine :o

Married 14 years so no real need for them (must check the expiry date though ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I am off to Cebit :D anyone knows any high end bike shop in Hannover? Berlin suits me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

AstraMonti wrote: »
    I am off to Cebit :D anyone knows any high end bike shop in Hannover? Berlin suits me as well.

i spent 7 days on an exhibitor stand at cebit in about 2000 god its a massive show i didnt even see hannover

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

AstraMonti wrote: »

If you ever go to Dubai stay away from Wolfi's bike shop. Nearly blew a few grand in there yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

If you ever go to Dubai stay away from Wolfi's bike shop. Nearly blew a few grand in there yesterday.

^^ Says The Tax Man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hungrycol wrote: »
    ^^ Says The Tax Man ;)
    Over here I'm known just as "The Man" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Peterx wrote: »
    I think the registration was <snip>) on St. Colmkille's Road (approching Bus Stop No. 4887 St. Colmcille's Way,Junction Scholarstown Road, Stop 4887)

Scary experience and should definitely be followed up with the authorities. From what I've read on here before, I wouldn't have great faith in Dublin Bus doing much about it unless the Gardaí are involved.

(A check on motortax.ie says that that registration is for an Opel Astra, so you might want to edit that bit.)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

(A check on motortax.ie says that that registration is for an Opel Astra, so you might want to edit that bit.)
    Shouldn't include reg nos on here anyway (although you are perfectly entitled to in the actual letter), so I'm snipping them all anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

NickWray wrote: »

interesting one, in fairness I was trying to give the driver a lesson myself after his lesson to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I seem to remember lots of Christ's something or others as exclamations in Shakespeare. Swounds (his wounds), Sblood etc. Feel free to make up your own.

Just trying to bring a bit of old worldy charm to the Camper Van!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Haven't you seen the recent prog on TV3 about car identity theft?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Haven't you seen the recent prog on TV3 about car identity theft?

Fair point, but they usually go for a similar vehicle and I think it was listed as a red Astra: there aren't too many red buses in Dublin. If it had been a blue and yellow Astra then that'd be a different matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

bike-exploded-diagram.jpg

Can any of the mechanics on here vouch for the accuracy of the above?

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

Yi Harr wrote: »

The only things that are really obviously incorrect are the DickScrambler and Handle which are mislabelled. DickScrambler should not be pointing at the strappy thing attached to the pedal, but should point to the pipe thing currently mislabelled as Handle. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Yi Harr wrote: »
    Rat trap is actually right. And rake isn't far off the mark either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

A bit disappointed they didn't point out the thingymebob.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

On the subject of Elizabethan Christian swearing, I heard that Gadzooks is "God's hooks" or the nails that secured Christ to the cross.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,489 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The only things that are really obviously incorrect are the DickScrambler
    That's just a typo - replace it with DirkScrambler and it should all make sense ...

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

first country commute for me today, and what did i get for my effort?

pitch dark night, headwind all the way home, and a p$$%&ure 5km from home. changing the tube in the middle of a hedge was a new one for me!

still though, was exhilarating in its own way, i only had two cars overtake me in 28km!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Aln_S

Just watched the highlights of the Strade Bianchi on Eurosport.

Some finish for Cancellara! He just rode away from a group of 4 with 2 Astana riders and 2 BMC riders one who was Kreuziger.

Should make for some good racing in the classics!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

416889_3043173791064_1014667274_3570432_1208475688_n.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement