Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General UFC Chit Chat/News

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

ASOT wrote: »
    I think your underestimating the TD defence of Gus, he stuffed 10 of Jones 11 TDs when they fought, I know Jones isnt on the same level as DC but he is a fairly good wrestler, Managed to take Jones down for the first time in his career to. It would be a great fight imo but i really don't think he would get smashed! I get were your coming from through, DCs probably the only person who I could see control 99% of the roster on the ground with ease for 5 rounds just because of his size and power. The 1% being Cain who i think goes through him for a shortcut.

His TDD is pretty good now but i believe he only took Jones down purely out of the shock factor. When/if they fight again i think the chances of Gus taking Jones down is 0. Stuffing Jones takedowns is impressive but DC has literally rag dolled Josh Barnett before, imagine what he would do once he was near Gus. I guess smashed is the wrong word but i think it is a bad match up for Gus. I don't think Cain smashes DC at all, it would be a very interesting fight though and it is a big shame they are training partners.

mailburner wrote: »
    Don't see that happening at all
    cant wait to see aj v any of the other three mentioned though
    no idea how jones fight will pan out, think jones might keep dc at bay
    for five and earn a decision, really hope Im wrong though

I think Gus and DC both beat AJ IMO. Gus with the technical striking and DC by grinding him down. Jones to beat AJ with range also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Maybe I'm cynical, but I've yet to understand how a muay thai tournament is going to spread the word of god...

"Dear god, we thank you for these nuts which are about to swell, that they may bear fruit..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭p to the e

Trying to get Artem Lobov to fight Dennis Siver in Stockholm.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

What happened to his original opponent Rob Whiteford? Did he pull out?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

p to the e wrote: »
    Trying to get Artem Lobov to fight Dennis Siver in Stockholm.]

Artem Lobov who has a 10-10-1 record?? Very much doubt Dana would even consider him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

He was also being soundly beaten in his last fight before coming back to win when the ref stopped the fight with only one second to go in the last round..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Looks like he's chancing his arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Artem is an old school fighter. He fights to fight, and is renowned for taking fights on short notice. He never tried to protect his record. He got in because he likes to fight, anyone any-time.

If you look at who he has beaten it would give you a much better idea of the calibre of fighter he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

JDS vs Miocic and Overeem vs Struve in the works for UFC on Fox in December.

• Advertisement

Locomotion wrote: »
    Artem Lobov who has a 10-10-1 record?? Very much doubt Dana would even consider him

Dana loves a scrap and if Artem gets in there with Siver then someone is definitely going to sleep. His record doesn't look great at first viewing but it didn't stop Mark Hunt or Neil Seery getting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,054 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's not up to Dana, he isn't the ufc's matchmaker. It's up to Silva or Shelby, in this case it's prob the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

MrStuffins wrote: »
    He was also being soundly beaten in his last fight before coming back to win when the ref stopped the fight with only one second to go in the last round..........

A win is a win, If I'm beating someone and they can't defend themselves I expect the ref to do his job and not ignore it just because there is a second left

Mellor wrote: »
    It's not up to Dana, he isn't the ufc's matchmaker. It's up to Silva or Shelby, in this case it's prob the latter.

I think Shelby does the lower weight classes alright. I wonder how much Dana could influence their firing and hiring though? I'm sure if he liked the cut of their jib (there's a phrase I've never used before) that he could tell them to make sure this guy gets on the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,054 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

p to the e wrote: »
    I think Shelby does the lower weight classes alright. I wonder how much Dana could influence their firing and hiring though? I'm sure if he liked the cut of their jib (there's a phrase I've never used before) that he could tell them to make sure this guy gets on the books.

Oh yeah if course, he clearly has influence if he wanted to use it. I just meant, in this spot Dana is prob no involved with looking for a match for Siver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yeah its based off of this

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/9/19/6557109/ufc-anthony-rumble-johnsons-ex-restraining-order-domestic-violence

Fairly certain thats him gone now anyway if its true. What a moron throwing away his second chance in the UFC. This is really after annoying me im a major AJ fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

allegations at this stage, doesn't look good especially with the high profile coverage of d.violence in the US recently

allegations at this stage, doesn't look good especially with the high profile coverage of d.violence in the US recently

Yep exactly, the UFC have gone zero tolerance on domestic violence aswell lately. I assume thats why they have there own lawyers involved, I hope there not true anyway because i wouldnt like to see AJ cut. At the end of the day though i only care what they do in the octagon not outside of it.

And incase anyone else didnt see Thiago Silvas gone again!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/19/6567581/thiago-silva-released-again-from-the-ufc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

AJ should be cut immediately if allegations are proven. Victimising and intimidating a lone woman. Absolute scumbag if it's true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/9/19/6541975/ufc-thiago-silva-ex-wife-posts-video-allegedly-high-cocaine-searching-house-gun-pre-arrest-mma-news

× Get the latest Bloody Elbow, for MMA and UFC news news with Bloody Elbow

While the court case against Thiago Silva may not be going forward, is ex-wife is apparently publishing her own evidence of his actions.
    Tweet (43) Share (152) Share 214 Comments

Well, this certainly does not look good for Thiago Silva, and could get a lot worse depending on what other video his ex-wife has of him. Apparently, Thaysa Kamiji posted two videos to YouTube recently, shot on her camera off her laptop, that Globo's Extra allege show Silva high on cocaine and, in the second video, show Silva searching her house for a person she might be hiding in the house, while carrying a concealed weapon in his pocket.
    The gun Silva is carrying does make an appearance about 35 seconds in, however the second video that shows him allegedly on drugs, does not in fact show him using drugs. But, neither paints a good picture of Silva. In the video above, Silva appears to question why his ex-wife Thaysa Kamiji is filming him, accusing her of distracting him from the man she has hidden in the house. In the meantime, Thaysa asks for the gun he is carrying, and tells him she's taping him in case he kills her. According to Extra, here's their conversation (translation by Fernando Arbex):
    Thiago: Why did you call the cops, honey? I did nothing, why are you recording?
    Thiago: Honey, Why are you doing this? Tell me.
    Thaysa: Thiago, stop staring like that. Give the gun, please, I'm here.
    Thiago: Turn off the camera. I know that you are hiding a guy up there, do you think that I'm a fool?
    Thaysa: Which guy, Thiago?
    Thiago: You think that I'm stupid. You're pointing this at my face, so I can't see that stuff over there. Take that light out of my face, please.
    Thaysa: No, Thiago, because it will be a proof if I die.
    Thiago: Proof of what, you aren't going to die. You are lying, there is a guy and he'll do something, I'm not stupid.
    Thaysa: Thiago, one day you're going to kill because of your addiction.
    Thiago: I'm not going to kill you. You're doing something.
    Thaysa: What am I doing, Thiago?
    Thiago: You called a guy to come here. Take this light out of me.
    Thaysa: I'm recording you, Thiago.
    Thiago: Why are you doing this?
    Thaysa: To show you everything when you get normal again, you've never brought a gun before.
    Thiago: I did nothing. Stop lying.
    Thaysa: You have a gun in your hand.
    Thiago: It's in my pocket, I did nothing.
    Here's the second video she apparently posted, claiming the footage is of Thiago on high on cocaine.
    UPDATE: Along with the videos, Silva's ex-wife gave her story as to why she decided to abandon the case against him and move to Abu Dhabi:
    "I've lived 13 years beside him. I've worked so he could train, I invested in his career even before he could think to be an MMA fighter. I was his foundation and I was assaulted, had an abortion due a beating that he gave me. But I thought that he was going to change. Because of my love, I didn't report his acts to the authorities. We were unbeatable together, I've always thought that he could change, I used to say that it was because of his camps and his upcoming fights. But he never changed."
    "He had always had drug issues. I've always thought that it was because his childhood problems that he didn't change. But things got worse since 2012. Cocaine, molly and marijuana started to be common in his life. He even made a bar of our house, he get turned on cocaine until' morning and had to drink at 7am trying to sleep. I just lived a nightmare."
    ""I'm still afraid. Cause I, since the beginning, told the State that I had everything against him, that they had to organize. The State just said they would use it in court. But over there (US) everything takes a lot of time, unlike us Brazilians, we want to solve everything immediately. I felt used and unprotected, while Thiago's managers paid a lot of money for his defense and coerced me, so everything got rough for me... where I lived, my car, my dogs ... Wow, they made my life a hell."
    "We've come (her and her boyfriend) to Abu Dhabi. I'm working with what I love to do. Once the tragedy happened, I reported everything in the therapy that I was doing in 'Women in Distress'. Even the detective knew that I wanted to move here, I couldn't lose the opportunity to start over."

Gone. Won't return again I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

DrPhilG wrote: »

Seen that just there, glad hes gone to be honest. Gutted Chael never got to smash his head in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

DrPhilG wrote: »

Christ actually watched that video in the link...why'd I do it to meself?:eek::eek::eek:

The UFC may certainly have its wrongs with the way they treat some of their fighters but Wanderlei isn't one of them well looked after paid handsomely (200k or so a fight not inc. bonuses).

Trusted with a coaching role on their TV show now I know this was to benefit their Brazil market also but gives more exposure to a fighter which he turned into a negative from what I heard as didn't watch that season.

His career in the UFC was until his last fight pretty much living of that Jardine KO and his Pride highlights his overall record in the UFC was abysmal. He gives out in that video about Barao being overworked by the UFC, Barao made that choice plus he wouldn't know anything about that he fought 1-2 fights a year at best for the UFC.

Now I loved his aggressive style of fighting as much as the next person but I've wanted him to retire long ago....after the Leben fight to be exact. I thought that was embarrassing for him that video tops it stinks of self pity awful idea and a sad end....that's not the end...apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

http://instagram.com/p/tRCtAnPA5z/

Weidman has a hairline fracture. It will be casted 4 weeks, cleared in 6. He'll be fighting Vitor in February now. Robbie Lawler will face Johny Hendricks for the title at UFC 181 on Dec. 6.

Another title fight delay...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

News breaking now: Wanderlai given lifetime ban in Nevada. He retired before he was banned for life.

• Advertisement

unknown13 wrote: »
    News breaking now: Wanderlai given lifetime ban in Nevada. He retired before he was banned for life.

Id say he was dead wide to what was coming so retired, same way Chael did the same when he knew the second failed test would come out. Hes also been fined $70k Link - http://mmajunkie.com/2014/09/nsac-issues-lifetime-ban-70000-fine-for-wanderlei-silva

The commission have fined Jones $50k and ordered him to do 40 hours community service, DC fined 9k and ordered to do 20 hours community service.

Formiga and Moraga announced for UFC on Fox 13, cannot wait for this one. Winner surely gets the next crack at MM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement