Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Yeah the only pros of the S6 are camera and Samsung pay. I was holding out for an S6 but I might just get myself the note 4!

I won't use the Samsung pay and cant really justify getting the S6 just because of the camera. Then again I have never used a phablet and I'm familiar with the S6 size! I'll have to have a think and a google before diving in!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Luke92 wrote: »
    Yeah the only pros of the S6 are camera and Samsung pay. I was holding out for an S6 but I might just get myself the note 4!

I won't use the Samsung pay and cant really justify getting the S6 just because of the camera. Then again I have never used a phablet and I'm familiar with the S6 size! I'll have to have a think and a google before diving in!
    Once you have the Note in your hands for a few days the size will no longer be an issue. I made the leap to the note a few years ago and never looked back. Having the big screen justifies it's own existence through daily use. Fair enough the size isn't for everyone but if you can get by that hurdle you're on a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Once you have the Note in your hands for a few days the size will no longer be an issue. I made the leap to the note a few years ago and never looked back. Having the big screen justifies it's own existence through daily use. Fair enough the size isn't for everyone but if you can get by that hurdle you're on a winner.

Agreed, i bought a Note 4 the other day and when looking at it in the shop I wasn't so sure about the size of it, a few days on and it doesn't bother me at all. A great phone BTW..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

What would be the best solution with no micro sd slot if I want to bring lots of video content with me while travelling? Usb host on this? Or would it be more reliable to get an M9..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 florintina89

I have the samsung galaxy s5 phone now and it has a SD card and can take out the battery. I would like the S6 but not huge fan of it having no SD card or can remove battery.

Anyone know a way to transfer all photos and music fast to the new phone, i have alot and no way do i want do it by bluetooth will take me ages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I have the samsung galaxy s5 phone now and it has a SD card and can take out the battery. I would like the S6 but not huge fan of it having no SD card or can remove battery.

Anyone know a way to transfer all photos and music fast to the new phone, i have alot and no way do i want do it by bluetooth will take me ages?

Copy everything onto PC, copy back

Copy everything onto PC, copy back

How do i copy it all on to the pc? do i need use bluetooth to do it each one on its own or can i plug something into my phone on to laptop? sorry all new to this

How do i copy it all on to the pc? do i need use bluetooth to do it each one on its own or can i plug something into my phone on to laptop? sorry all new to this

Plug a USB cable into laptop, other end into your phone. Your charging cable will work.

On the laptop, assuming its Windows, open My Computer, then the phone and select all the files you want to keep, transfer them onto Desktop or somewhere you'll be able to find them. Then plug the other phone into the USB cable, and drag all the files back onto the phone

Plug a USB cable into laptop, other end into your phone. Your charging cable will work.

On the laptop, assuming its Windows, open My Computer, then the phone and select all the files you want to keep, transfer them onto Desktop or somewhere you'll be able to find them. Then plug the other phone into the USB cable, and drag all the files back onto the phone

I dont have windows laptop only a macbook pro one any idea what way i could do that. I have a USB cable here with me now have it plugged in but no idea what to do next nothing is showing up ?

I dont have windows laptop only a macbook pro one any idea what way i could do that. I have a USB cable here with me now have it plugged in but no idea what to do next nothing is showing up ?

I know little and less about Macs, try this though
    http://www.samsung.com/us/support/supportOwnersHowToGuidePopup.do?howto_guide_seq=6990&prd_ia_cd=N0000003&map_seq=47917

• Advertisement

Thanks very much for your help it seems very confusing for me all about this software and what to download. Hoping can find a easy way near the time instead going bluetooth that be very annoying .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Upload all your photos to Dropbox,get the app on your S6 then all your photos are on it.

Upload all your photos to Dropbox,get the app on your S6 then all your photos are on it.

Its saying dropbox i need to pay a fee of 600 euro? or am i reading it wrong. If its a fee would not be able afford this much

Its saying dropbox i need to pay a fee of 600 euro? or am i reading it wrong. If its a fee would not be able afford this much

Its a free app that gives you a certain amount of free space,i dont know where you read it costs €600 :eek:

This is it on the Playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dropbox.android&hl=en

Sorry my mistake i figured it out and downloaded the app so that good got the right one. Can you save music on it as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I have too many photos for Dropbox.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    I have too many photos for Dropbox.

I see for 9.99 euro a month it gives you 1,000 GB its saying that pretty good and 12 euro a month is unlimited storage

I see for 9.99 euro a month it gives you 1,000 GB its saying that pretty good and 12 euro a month is unlimited storage

On top of what I pay now for everything internet and phone related, im not paying that.

Besides, Google stores all my photos for free! They probably go through them all but shur if it saves me a tenner a month it saves me a tenner a month.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    On top of what I pay now for everything internet and phone related, im not paying that.

Besides, Google stores all my photos for free! They probably go through them all but shur if it saves me a tenner a month it saves me a tenner a month.

Ye that true paying that a month would all add up in the end.
    I joined dropbox and get 15gb free and for 1.99 if want upgrade you get 100gb more.
    I have more than enough for 15gb so that suits me more

I think i have 80gb free dropbox storage and have over 7000 photos on it, that takes up less than 30gb so its more than enough for me.

• Advertisement

I joined dropbox and get 15gb free and for 1.99 if want upgrade you get 100gb more.

I got 25gb with a phone i bought in 2012, lasted for 3 years. Ran out there 2 months ago with 7gb over the limit. I have access to the full 22gb but I cannot add more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

If you have an s5, you got 50GB of Dropbox storage with it for free....?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

If you have an s5, you got 50GB of Dropbox storage with it for free....?

And will possibly come with another free allowance on the S6..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

And will possibly come with another free allowance on the S6..

Teaming with Microsoft & OneDrive for the S6 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Very disappointed with the S6. Other than making the phone more "expensive" looking by adding metal and glass I don't see any ground breaking improvements.

I think all the options Samsung have taken with the phone is a cost saving measure to increase margins on the product. Got rid of the water proof feature, got rid of the ability to remove the back and battery and the ability to fit the SD card. All these will allow less materials to produce the phone, particularly the water proofing feature.

Had money aside to buy the S6 on release day. Think I will hang onto it now and see what else comes out in the coming months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Very disappointed with the S6. Other than making the phone more "expensive" looking by adding metal and glass I don't see any ground breaking improvements.

I think all the options Samsung have taken with the phone is a cost saving measure to increase margins on the product. Got rid of the water proof feature, got rid of the ability to remove the back and battery and the ability to fit the SD card. All these will allow less materials to produce the phone, particularly the water proofing feature.

Had money aside to buy the S6 on release day. Think I will hang onto it now and see what else comes out in the coming months.

I don't need a waterproofing phone or a removable battery and get the 64GB version, no need for SD card then. I would get one if I had the money but unfortunately I don't. I have a Oneplus One at the min.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Was looking through the registration page on vodafone, looks like the S6 off contract will cost the same as the Iphone 6 16GB but least there's 32GB minimum storage with the S6.
    Iphone 6 16GB is €669.99 off contract with Vodafone.

The S6 Edge will cost the same as the Iphone 6+ 64GB version so €879.99. The good news is that the S6 Edge base storage for mobile carrier's is 64GB.

Figures are based by using the red essential cost of the phone up front on billpay, and corresponding that against the Iphone 6 & 6+.

Iphone 6 16GB on red essential upfront cost is €299
    Iphone 6+ 64GB on red essential upfront cost is €499

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

skodacb wrote: »
    Was looking through the registration page on vodafone, looks like the S6 off contract will cost the same as the Iphone 6 16GB but least there's 32GB minimum storage with the S6.
    Iphone 6 16GB is €669.99 off contract with Vodafone.

The S6 Edge will cost the same as the Iphone 6+ 64GB version so €879.99. The good news is that the S6 Edge base storage for mobile carrier's is 64GB.

Figures are based by using the red essential cost of the phone up front on billpay, and corresponding that against the Iphone 6 & 6+.

Iphone 6 16GB on red essential upfront cost is €299
    Iphone 6+ 64GB on red essential upfront cost is €499

From what I read the S6 edge will cost €949 sim free for a 64GB phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Hey everybody,

Would like to pick up a S5 in the next couple of weeks, and with the S6 coming soon, could anyone hazard a guess as to how much of a price drop the S5 will experience? If anyone remembers the S4 drop when S5 was released, that would also be a good marker. I see Pixmania have the S5 at €429, but I would like to see it come down to €3xx - what are the odds of that?

Any and all help appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Falthyron wrote: »
    Hey everybody,

Would like to pick up a S5 in the next couple of weeks, and with the S6 coming soon, could anyone hazard a guess as to how much of a price drop the S5 will experience? If anyone remembers the S4 drop when S5 was released, that would also be a good marker. I see Pixmania have the S5 at €429, but I would like to see it come down to €3xx - what are the odds of that?

Any and all help recommended!

I don't know if it drop at all, if it does be by very little. I'm very mixed on the S5 and S6 features sound great but they are very pricey but I think the S5 might be slightly more user friendly maybe. S6/S6 Edge sound good but I think its just an upgrade to the s5 features are similar except the design of the phones be different (Microsd slot/sim slot and battery).

Did it drop I didn't know that for the S4 when S5 came out? I doubt it you might have to get it second hand from the likes of done deal maybe to get the S5 to drop to €300-400 aprox. The iphones wouldn't drop that far unless its a basic version of the iphones. Depending on what you looking for have you looked at the other samsungs available? Have you tried them out in the shops just to see if you like it?

The alpha is a bit pricey though. I don't think you get any better deal for the S5 at that price on pixmania for this year. Unlike the Samsung mini 3 that keeps dropping in price since its release two years ago. Then again the Samsung mini 4 is coming to the end of its development. I'd recommend it but depends what you want out of the phone.

Advertisement