Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Floyd Mayweather Vs Miguel Cotto

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Maravilla33

id love to see him absolutely hammer amir bighead khan,

Forgot about Khan. I presume he'd need some kind of tune up fight at welter to get used to the weight first but its a possibility. He's been calling out Mayweather for a while now. Hes big, fast, has an exciting style and also has a big enough profile in The States for the fight to happen. Hes also very beatable so why wouldn't Mayweather fight him? Khan's stock may rise a bit now if it comes out that Peterson was on PEDs for their fight which was close enough as it is. Khan has the speed to trouble Mayweather for a round or two but can see Floyd adjusting and winning handily in the end and even stopping him if he decides to stay in the pocket and fight him. I wouldn't mind this fight tbh if Khan has a fight at WW first and wins well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Let's look at the list of possibles:

Martinez: Definitely credible, definitely willing. Would come down to at least 154 for Floyd. Isn't especially well known in the wider public though and might not represent enough reward for the risk as far as Floyd is concerned.

Pacquiao: Obviously the fight the wider public still wants to see. Credibility took a big hit in the recent Marquez fight and could well be in decline. If he shows the form of old against Bradley the clamour will build again, bolstered by the relative impressiveness of his performance against Cotto. Still seems to be too many obstacles though.

Canelo: Looks legit and is a serious puncher. Comes with a big Mexican following. The step up from a shot Shane Mosley looks a bit much though. Doesn't really have the resume to justify a fight with Floyd, and GBP are unlikely to to offer him up.

Winner of Ortiz/Berto: Will depend on the nature of the victory but it's not too far-fetched. Ortiz is tainted but an impressive enough victory might get Floyd to think about trying to sell it.

Timothy Bradley: Will need to either beat Pacquiao or get robbed in a defeat. If he does beat Pacquiao he might be inclined to bask in the glory of it for a while, although Floyd would make a him a decent offer to cash in I'm sure.

Amir Khan: Revelations that Peterson was juiced in or around the first fight will have done a lot to heal the damage done that night. Had he won that fight he might even have got the match Cotto got, but if not he'd be very much in the frame for November. You'd imagine he'll still need a big win on HBO for it to happen.

Don't see anyone outside of that list who'd be a realistic option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

i cant see him ever fighting again unless he fights khan in nov-dec, giving khan time for a tune up in mid august at ww,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭anto77

anto77 wrote: »
    this guy is just a wind up merchant as I've already highlighted in other forums...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056491514&page=4
    insanity50 wrote: »
    Finally you took manny's nuts out of your mouth and his asshole out of your eyes long enough to take a look at the world around you.

congrats.

great to see you finally admit defeat after all these years of trumpeting little ms pacman.

welcome back horsemeat - I see you haven't grown up any since you left :rolleyes:! it's not hard to spot you're nasty and pathetic style of posting, not only on this forum but the others you frequent! you can't hide from me troll :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Henno30 wrote: »
    Let's look at the list of possibles:

Martinez: Definitely credible, definitely willing. Would come down to at least 154 for Floyd. Isn't especially well known in the wider public though and might not represent enough reward for the risk as far as Floyd is concerned.

Pacquiao: Obviously the fight the wider public still wants to see. Credibility took a big hit in the recent Marquez fight and could well be in decline. If he shows the form of old against Bradley the clamour will build again, bolstered by the relative impressiveness of his performance against Cotto. Still seems to be too many obstacles though.

Canelo: Looks legit and is a serious puncher. Comes with a big Mexican following. The step up from a shot Shane Mosley looks a bit much though. Doesn't really have the resume to justify a fight with Floyd, and GBP are unlikely to to offer him up.

Winner of Ortiz/Berto: Will depend on the nature of the victory but it's not too far-fetched. Ortiz is tainted but an impressive enough victory might get Floyd to think about trying to sell it.

Timothy Bradley: Will need to either beat Pacquiao or get robbed in a defeat. If he does beat Pacquiao he might be inclined to bask in the glory of it for a while, although Floyd would make a him a decent offer to cash in I'm sure.

Amir Khan: Revelations that Peterson was juiced in or around the first fight will have done a lot to heal the damage done that night. Had he won that fight he might even have got the match Cotto got, but if not he'd be very much in the frame for November. You'd imagine he'll still need a big win on HBO for it to happen.

Don't see anyone outside of that list who'd be a realistic option.

The only one I can really see happening is Khan, but Khan needed this Peterson fight to bounce back from, the drug allegations help matters but he's still not accustomed fully to the weight.

The reason I think this is the most likely is they could make serious money from it when you include UK revenue. Canelo's too green, Martinez is difficult and doesn't have a big following and the others really aren't that big of a draw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Johnny_BravoIII

As far as I'm concerned "pretty boy" "money" mayweather is an all-time great.
    As to where in the "greatest of ALL-TIME" he lies, I'll defer to old farts who have been watchin boxing longer than I.

I certainly wouldn't get angry and obnoxious when talking about boxers who boxing nuts watched live in the 70's & 80's. It's banter FFS

As to Floyd. I'd watched him fight all day long. He's a genius, one of the greatest athletes on the planet in the last 15 years.

He's also an asshole. He believes the pantomime bad guy wrestler character is required to selll tickets. I believe it diminishes him.

In the same way the nasty stuff diminished Ali.
    I'll take my admiration of genius un-soured by human flaws, thank you very much!!

In the ring he's always brilliant. I don't see pac beating him at his peak. I just think Floyd would of found a way, somehow.
    Now, I think Floyd takes him in the last few rounds. I expect the fight will happen within the next year or so and it will probably be a huge disappointment in terms of the Pac we will see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I was just watching Mayweather vs Gatti 2005 on Eurosport. Can't get over how fast he was. He's clearly slower now even if he was lighter back then. Would love to see Mayweather 05 vs Pacquoia 08.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Anyone reckon Paul Williams could cut to 154lb and have a go at Mayweather? Tidy boxer Williams is. As far as I remember he fought Martinez at 156/7lb.

boxer.fan wrote: »
    Anyone reckon Paul Williams could cut to 154lb and have a go at Mayweather? Tidy boxer Williams is. As far as I remember he fought Martinez at 156/7lb.

Floyd was actively ducking him for ages, tall, long reach, awkward to fight. Paul Williams has little to know defense though. P-will still isn't a huge name either, money wise. Can't see it

• Advertisement

Floyd was actively ducking him for ages, tall, long reach, awkward to fight. Paul Williams has little to know defense though. P-will still isn't a huge name either, money wise. Can't see it

Have you got any proof that Mayweather was actively ducking him? Firstly I don't know how anyone would know this and secondly I don't see when they should have fought? Williams first came to prominence in 2007 when he beat Margarito. That year Mayweather fought OLDH and Ricky Hatton. Two huge PPV fights against well known fighters. 2 Months after Mayweather beat Hatton, Williams loses to the average Quintana and then is tied up with a rematch. Mayweather retires. Williams beats Quintana and moves up to Light middle/middle and doesn't fight at WW again.

As you say Williams isn't exactly well known and a fight wouldn't exactly have made sense for Floyd. Of course I think a fight between the 2 may have been interesting but I'd still back Floyd to win. Williams is tall and rangy but doesn't fight like a big fighter or use his physical advantages properly. As you said he's no defence. A fighter with his size and reach should be near impossible to hit. If he boxed behind his jab he'd be a tough night for anyone at welter. Also I cant really see a guy who is outboxed by Quintana and easily by Lara who are both similar in height and reach to Mayweather being a worry for PBF. Its up to someone like Williams to put a bit of a run together, make a name for himself and earn a shot against Mayweather instead of crying that he won't fight him. I think it would have been a good fight but I'd hardly say Mayweather ducked him as you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,626 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I was just watching Mayweather vs Gatti 2005 on Eurosport. Can't get over how fast he was. He's clearly slower now even if he was lighter back then. Would love to see Mayweather 05 vs Pacquoia 08.

Yes, he is slower, but to be expected. Lighter, younger and fresher back then. I still think he is razor sharp today at 35 against those in the division. He's a natural, and will always have that speed and reflex advantage, even over the younger pups. But, no, he is not as fast or sharp today as he was several years ago.

I wouldn't pick too many people with confidence to beat PBF at 140 lbs thru any era.

Oscar, Mosley, Chavez, Pryor, Whitaker, Mel Taylor, Manny spring to mind, though I would make Floyd a slight favourite in all matches.

Have you got any proof that Mayweather was actively ducking him? Firstly I don't know how anyone would know this and secondly I don't see when they should have fought? Williams first came to prominence in 2007 when he beat Margarito. That year Mayweather fought OLDH and Ricky Hatton. Two huge PPV fights against well known fighters. 2 Months after Mayweather beat Hatton, Williams loses to the average Quintana and then is tied up with a rematch. Mayweather retires. Williams beats Quintana and moves up to Light middle/middle and doesn't fight at WW again.

As you say Williams isn't exactly well known and a fight wouldn't exactly have made sense for Floyd. Of course I think a fight between the 2 may have been interesting but I'd still back Floyd to win. Williams is tall and rangy but doesn't fight like a big fighter or use his physical advantages properly. As you said he's no defence. A fighter with his size and reach should be near impossible to hit. If he boxed behind his jab he'd be a tough night for anyone at welter. Also I cant really see a guy who is outboxed by Quintana and easily by Lara who are both similar in height and reach to Mayweather being a worry for PBF. Its up to someone like Williams to put a bit of a run together, make a name for himself and earn a shot against Mayweather instead of crying that he won't fight him. I think it would have been a good fight but I'd hardly say Mayweather ducked him as you say.

Well you can only call most of it speculation but he was calling him out constantly for about 2 years, culminating famously in "Floyd won't fight me because I don't have a vagina"

Williams was calling him out in 2009 and 2010 anyways. Floyd has never commented on Williams once to my knowledge, which for someone with usually a lot to say, it's unusual.

When Williams moved up he stated that he was still well able to make 147 but no one would fight him thus the reason why he moved up. He stated he'd gladly go back down if the right fights were available.

Oh I don't think Floyd struggles with Williams either. At one stage alright I thought, long rangey fight fighter, volume puncher and southpaw to boot, those things could give Floyd problems, but it started to decline fairly badly and Martinez knocked him out. His lack of defence never seemed to bother him because he was outworking most guys. If he had a great jab he'd give anyone in those divisions nightmares, but he never uses it.

Well you can only call most of it speculation but he was calling him out constantly for about 2 years, culminating famously in "Floyd won't fight me because I don't have a vagina"

Williams was calling him out in 2009 and 2010 anyways. Floyd has never commented on Williams once to my knowledge, which for someone with usually a lot to say, it's unusual.

When Williams moved up he stated that he was still well able to make 147 but no one would fight him thus the reason why he moved up. He stated he'd gladly go back down if the right fights were available.

Oh I don't think Floyd struggles with Williams either. At one stage alright I thought, long rangey fight fighter, volume puncher and southpaw to boot, those things could give Floyd problems, but it started to decline fairly badly and Martinez knocked him out. His lack of defence never seemed to bother him because he was outworking most guys. If he had a great jab he'd give anyone in those divisions nightmares, but he never uses it.

Thats fair enough. Just a bit sick of hearing people on other forums harping on about x ducking y and z is a bum because he's been avoiding x for years etc. (I don't mean you) You have a bit of an argument at least.

The bit in bold is interesting though. Still wouldn't say Mayweather ducked him though.

Thats fair enough. Just a bit sick of hearing people on other forums harping on about x ducking y and z is a bum because he's been avoiding x for years etc. (I don't mean you) You have a bit of an argument at least.

The bit in bold is interesting though. Still wouldn't say Mayweather ducked him though.

The term ducked gets thrown around a lot, thing is it's not just about one guy being afraid to fight another guy.

For Mayweather, it's a balancing act, he's looking for a (relatively) competitive fight, but his opponent's got to bring a fanbase, interest and importantly money.

Paul Williams may have ticked a lot of the boxes but he brought (at the time) a relatively high risk awkward fight with very little reward financially.

Just because x calls you out doesn't mean you're ducking him, but at the time Paul Williams was ranked within the top 5 ppv boxers so he definitely should have been a consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

Mayweather - “Cotto ain’t ready to die; I’m ready to die on May 5th.”

have you watched this video lads, makes me laugh so much. floyd is the king

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭megadodge

Yet again the pr!ck contradicts himself.

You quote "Mayweather - “Cotto ain’t ready to die; I’m ready to die on May 5th.” in one post.

Then you post a video in the following post where Floyd is defending not fighting Pacquiao by saying "...my health is more important to me than any money".

You're just making it too easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Mega, either eay floyd v manny would not be competitive-Floyd would lay down a beating on manny and arum knows it-manny cant handle boxers and certainly not the best of a generation.

I hope this fight happens just to show the gulf in class.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

If only Floyd had the balls of a Cotto, JMM, Clottey, Mosley, Margarito, Hatton etc. They all got in the ring and fought Manny. Juice or not, Floyd, take the fight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

walshb wrote: »
    If only Floyd had the balls of a Cotto, JMM, Clottey, Mosley, Margarito, Hatton etc. They all got in the ring and fought Manny. Juice or not, Floyd, take the fight!
    what a stupid comment..(juice or not) he wants a level playing field manny is nothing but a steroid head and has been outed by fellow boxers..and even with it he was beaten by marquez and got a dodgy points win...mayweather will school him when or if they fight best fighter of my generation ...never even been put to the floor.. **** manny the juice head...

what a stupid comment..(juice or not) he wants a level playing field manny is nothing but a steroid head and has been outed by fellow boxers..and even with it he was beaten by marquez and got a dodgy points win...mayweather will school him when or if they fight best fighter of my generation ...never even been put to the floor.. **** manny the juice head...

Well, Larry Holmes and Barry McGuigan both said the same thing. Seriously, if Floyd is so good and superior, juice or not he will prevail. I think he's too good for Manny 9/10 times right now.

And, since when is Manny a juice head? Pre Mayweather trash talk where did anyone accuse or suspect Manny of doping?

Also, how many tests has he failed? The tests are just obstacles, just like the purse split is an obstacle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭andrew241983

walshb wrote: »

Well, Larry Holmes and Barry McGuigan both said the same thing. Seriously, if Floyd is so good and superior, juice or not he will prevail. I think he's too good for Manny 9/10 times right now.

And, since when is Manny a juice head? Pre Mayweather trash talk where did anyone accuse or suspect Manny of doping?

Mate its been touted around for years just weather wasn't afraid to say it coz lets face it boxing is the most corrupt sport around ..i agree juice or not Floyd will outclass many the slugger but why give him a leg up

and even with it he was beaten by marquez and got a dodgy points win.....

There you go. If JMM can "beat" him juiced, in your view, what the **** is Floyd worried about? Not so stupid at all.

Mate its been touted around for years just weather wasn't afraid to say it coz lets face it boxing is the most corrupt sport around ..i agree juice or not Floyd will outclass many the slugger but why give him a leg up

For years? So, let's see it? Was he on the juice when Morales beat him?

Why does Mayweather attract such utterly moronic fans?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I think its to do with the outward impression he gives of himself tbh

I am not sure why any fighter attracts such adulation. I have no issue with the adulation, but it's the ridiculous sensitivity that is with it. The slighest perceived negative comment about their man and they're jumping on it, and not even willing to civilly and maturely discuss or refute the negativity.

I much prefer to be open when discussing a fighter. Praise and criticism can work together to give a fair assessment of a fighter.

A large proportion of them are teenagers so they're already muppets and they're only mildly casual fans, so the only thing they really know is Mayweather.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Mayweather is without doubt the best P4P boxer of his generation. Pacquaio would not stand a chance in the ring against Floyd. He uses that defensive stance, Boxing behind the shoulder. It's a style he has perfected and it's unstoppable

Hate his personalty, his attitude all you want but you can't deny, The man is brilliant fighter

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Everybody who's saying Pac "has no hope" etc against PBF has obviously only seen their last two fights and made up their mind on that.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Everybody who's saying Pac "has no hope" etc against PBF has obviously only seen their last two fights and made up their mind on that.
    Not really Pacquaio clearly lost to Marquez twice. Arguably 3 times, Somebody who Mayweather took apart with ease. Also fighting De la Hoya, Mosley and Cotto who were either past thir prime of drained the catch weight.just sugarcoats Mannys false record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭zindicato

Not really Pacquaio clearly lost to Marquez twice. Arguably 3 times, Somebody who Mayweather took apart with ease. Also fighting De la Hoya, Mosley and Cotto who were either past thir prime of drained the catch weight.just sugarcoats Mannys false record

did mayweather make weight for that marquez fight?:rolleyes: with regards to cotto it can be said also that he is fighting a way past his prime fighter.... nobody can say a fighter is way past his prime it is only the fighters themeselves who can decide on how or what they feel that fight day... ex goerge foreman he was way too old so he could be considered past his prime if based on fans take when he won his last championship belt years ago yet he proved people wrong.

The Cotto weight has been done to death. I didn't agree with it, but it was 1-2 lbs, and I know every ounce can make a difference. Cotto is not beating Manny or Floyd, ever. So, really it's a moot point. Manny beats Cotto at 147-150-154, yesterday, now and tomorrow.

Even watching the Cotto-Manny fight did anyone really see Cotto struggling? I mean, for 4 rds he was in the fight, and then he got walloped badly and Manny upped the game and stopped him. That was more to do with Manny than 1-2 lbs.

Manny then gave away a hell of a lot of size and weight to Margaritio and detroyed the man, as I predicted.

Manny did not clearly lose to JMM. All three fights were close, and no way can anyone say fight 1 was Juan's. He got back into it, made it competitive, but didn't win it. That fight was more a Manny win than the other two. But, the other two were pretty close.

zindicato wrote: »
    did mayweather make weight for that marquez fight?:.

I was thinking the exact same thing a few days ago and then forgot about it.

There needs to be fairness applied to both Manny and Floyd. People are on here slating Manny for asking Cotto to come in at 145 lbs, and conveniently see no real issue with the Floyd-JMM affair.

Not really Pacquaio clearly lost to Marquez twice. Arguably 3 times
    Arguably no times.

Cotto weighed in at 146 for the Clottey fight, so 145 was an unforgivable draining? Agree with walshb on the Mayweather-Marquez weight issue as well, it's hardly ever mentioned.

I think Manny lost to JMM all three times by the way, even if they were close defeats. I think this clearly has implications for a fight with Mayweather but those implications have been somewhat overstated imo. The power, handspeed, chin, and stamina of Pacquiao make him a real threat and I don't know how reasonable it is to suggest otherwise.

If in the Bradley fight that stamina and general energy level appears to have declined I think it changes the picture.

If in the Bradley fight that stamina and general energy level appears to have declined I think it changes the picture.
    Can that be said after one fight?
    Floyd beat a washed up Cotto by streets, but I don't see how that enhances his reputation either.

any fighter on drugs llike pacquaio will have a massive advantage over any opponent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Sync

any fighter on drugs llike pacquaio will have a massive advantage over any opponent

Did I miss that in the news where he was caught doping? Thought that would have been front page BBC Sport!

However, posters to internet chat boards who are on drugs are obviously at a massive disadvantage.

Brendan it's ridiuclous of you to say that Floyd should just fight Manny even if he is on drugs.

Yeah Mayweather would beat him regardless, but why should there not be a level playing field.

The NSAC drug testing is a joke. Anyone who follows MMA (I know Paul does, will know this, especially with regards the recent Overeem situation.)

These fighters can juice all they want and once they cycle it out of their body a few days before the fight they'll piss clean.

Floyd would make Manny look stupid.

At this moment in boxing only two guys sell PPV. Manny and Floyd.

If Manny loses to Floyd, Bob Arum loses a big stream of income.

If Floyd takes 50-50 split, he makes less money than he would make by fighting someone else and getting a bigger split; Similarly if Manny gets 50-50 he makes more in one fight than he's made in all his previous fights put together.

Why should Floyd give 50-50 when 90% of pacquiaos shre will be straight into Bob Arum's pocket?

The thing is though, outside of pacquaio, options are skimp for Floyd - Berto/Ortiz winner, Khan, Alvarez or Pacquiao. Don't think Martinez is a realistic option.

Brendan it's ridiuclous of you to say that Floyd should just fight Manny even if he is on drugs.

Yeah Mayweather would beat him regardless, but why should there not be a level playing field.

The NSAC drug testing is a joke. Anyone who follows MMA (I know Paul does, will know this, especially with regards the recent Overeem situation.)

These fighters can juice all they want and once they cycle it out of their body a few days before the fight they'll piss clean.

Floyd would make Manny look stupid.

At this moment in boxing only two guys sell PPV. Manny and Floyd.

If Manny loses to Floyd, Bob Arum loses a big stream of income.

If Floyd takes 50-50 split, he makes less money than he would make by fighting someone else and getting a bigger split; Similarly if Manny gets 50-50 he makes more in one fight than he's made in all his previous fights put together.

Why should Floyd give 50-50 when 90% of pacquiaos shre will be straight into Bob Arum's pocket?

The thing is though, outside of pacquaio, options are skimp for Floyd - Berto/Ortiz winner, Khan, Alvarez or Pacquiao. Don't think Martinez is a realistic option.
    Don't be stupid, Floyd is dead right to be making sure Pacquaio is not on drugs for their fight. If Floyd gets in the ring with a fighter on drugs, He is risking his life, Pacquaio was so wired on steroids against Coto. They showed the clip back of Coto hitting Pac with a straight right to the face and Manny didn't even blink, He walked through it, That's how high he was, so much that the didn't even know he had been hit.

Except an old and past his best Juan Manuel Marquez?

Don't be stupid, Floyd is dead right to be making sure Pacquaio is not on drugs for their fight. If Floyd gets in the ring with a fighter on drugs, He is risking his life, Pacquaio was so wired on steroids against Coto. They showed the clip back of Coto hitting Pac with a straight right to the face and Manny didn't even blink, He walked through it, That's how high he was, so much that the didn't even know he had been hit.

Did you even read my post?

Jesus I get accused of acting the bollox around here but that above post is really taking the mick.

When did you start watching boxing do you mind me asking?
    And why have mommy and daddy given you unsupervised access to the internet? Very impressed that such a young child is so computer literate.

• Advertisement

all of this talk that manny would beat floyd easily or vice versa are all hypothesis or expectations of '' fans'' based on what they think is thier expert opinion.... we dont know really what will happen when they face off.

regarding drug testing and demands since when is one individual bigger than the sport itself i am a fan of both guys but floyds demands are getting ridiculous really is there any other boxer in the past or present who has requested so much stuff to be conceeded to him for a fight negotiation.

regarding drug tests both guys were using the same test's before and floyd didnt have any problem doing the same procedures till pacquiao came knocking.

So unless Pacquiao gets a positive result then all of us could just belive in what we think is true that he is doping or not but as they say a person is not guilty till proven.

In fairness to floyd because of what he is asking, and doing he is keeping boxing in peoples mind;-)

Pacquiao needs to stop working for Bob and stop eating them steroids and then the floyd fight will happen.

zindicato wrote: »
    regarding drug tests both guys were using the same test's before and floyd didnt have any problem doing the same procedures till pacquiao came knocking.
    ;-)

That is what I have said. Nobody was suspecting Manny at all until folks start thinking that he could be a real threat to Floyd at 147 lbs. Floyd must have thought this too. Floyd comes out with OSDT and folks are hurling doping accustaions at Manny.

I know of no other fighter ever to introduce such demands. There is testing out there as it is. It's not to Floyd's liking, but it was when Floyd was meeting Gatti and Judah and Hatton, for example.

It has to be down to some fear of losing. I don't think he loses, he must!

Pacquiao needs to stop working for Bob and stop eating them steroids and then the floyd fight will happen.

:rolleyes:

BTW, isn't there rules on posters throwing around these accusations, mods?

• Advertisement
Advertisement