Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRAND THEFT AUTO ONLINE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Is there a free roam option online game? As in just people wandering around the city. Now that'd be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Is there a free roam option online game? As in just people wandering around the city. Now that'd be great.

I think that is the passive mode that was mentioned in a few of the interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Thats pretty much what it is. You can turn on passive mode which can stop other users from trying to kill you/ruin a game of tennis/whatever you're doing. Everything that can be done in single player can also be on on GTA:O.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Could it be that just the 16 in your game are active, everyone else is the usual NPC's from the main game? An infinite amount of games, but only 16 people in each. Would be a bit crap if each area could only have one game at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some new info about Online from a czech magazine. Same old stuff but one thing new is that you can instal a tracking device on your car so if someone steals it, you can track them down. Will be a great laugh pulverising someone for stealing my Banshee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Some new info about Online from a czech magazine. Same old stuff but one thing new is that you can instal a tracking device on your car so if someone steals it, you can track them down. Will be a great laugh pulverising someone for stealing my Banshee!

Sure one thing that stuck out is you get notifications if an enemy of yours comes online.

You stole my car, eat my bullets

• Registered Users Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, that would be enough to drop everything I'm doing, little trip to ammunation and dedicating the rest of the night on getting revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp, that would be enough to drop everything I'm doing, little trip to ammunation and dedicating the rest of the night on getting revenge.

Set fire to the properties a la ray donovan!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've been playing Max Payne the past few nights and i am terrible at it, this is a bit of a worry as im sure GTA online wont be a million miles from Max

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I thought that GTA Online would be a proper MMO, i.e. thousands of player online at once...seems 16 is the max. Maybe I'm looking for too much. That would be cool though no? MMO style in a GTA world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

We could see it if they release just GTAonline without the GTA5 single player on next gen consoles next year. Can you imagine 64 players in free roam around Los Santos.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

We could see it if they release just GTAonline without the GTA5 single player on next gen consoles next year. Can you imagine 64 players in free roam around Los Santos.

or 128!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Is there anything rockstar haven't thought about? It seems they have included every (realistically possible) feature the fans wanted.

I thought that GTA Online would be a proper MMO, i.e. thousands of player online at once...seems 16 is the max. Maybe I'm looking for too much. That would be cool though no? MMO style in a GTA world

I think it will be. This is only the start to it, 16 players on x360/ps3, you'd imagine that the next gen will have larger games and you can imagine the PC. They're really billing it up as not being part of GTAV as much but it is its own thing. I'm really excited to see what it becomes. :D

128 or more would be annoying as fcuk getting blown up every ten seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    128 or more would be annoying as fcuk getting blown up every ten seconds.

Passive mode. Its the solution to all your GTA griefer problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭yomamasflavour

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Passive mode. Its the solution to all your GTA griefer problems.

Will that apply to the vehicle that you're driving too? Seems like it would be god mode if it did.

Will that apply to the vehicle that you're driving too? Seems like it would be god mode if it did.

Most likely. You can't shoot anyone either though when in passive mode.

Most likely. You can't shoot anyone either though when in passive mode.

So what exactly can you do that you couldnt do in single player?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    So what exactly can you do that you couldnt do in single player?

Watch other players(?), and do tennis/golf or whatever with friends, the world is huge. Its there to prevent people from getting killed over and over after spawning so I don't see it being much a issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

I'm really looking forward to this :) but my wireless adapter for my 360 stopped working and most places want €70 or more for a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Add me please ?

PSN : ciaran_76

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Walshey96

Derek! wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to this :) but my wireless adapter for my 360 stopped working and most places want €70 or more for a new one

Try Adverts.ie they're only about €25-30 on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

They could include NPC pedestrians/drivers in a passive mode and then have group rampages. Say you enter a passive mode with 4 of your buddies, you are a 5 man crew. The rampages could then be scaled based on this number, for example a 5 man crew has 1 minute to kill 300 NPCs. Or the entire crew has to survive 10 minutes with a five star wanted rating. You then have the tactics of is it better to split into two smaller groups and hare it around the map for 10 minutes hoping you don't crash, or do all 5 hole up at the end of an alley and try and out shoot the cops.

This could be going on for more than one crew on one server, so I could then log on on my tobler and help out a crew who is in trouble, or not. The only people you could be killed by are the NPCs so there'd be no dicking around. I hope this is the direction Rockstar is heading and if not they need to get me on staff now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Walshey96 wrote: »
    Try Adverts.ie they're only about €25-30 on that.
    thanks, I never thought of that

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Walshey96

thanks, I never thought of that

No problem..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I have one that I could be persuaded to part with :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

I'm almost certain that CVG mentioned something about the car still taking damage in passive mode. If you are driving crashing will still damage it, but I don't think it takes bullet/explosive damage. However, if you get out of it, it can still be blown up so it would be a good idea to have insurance. I think you can lock it too, but that doesn't stop weapons damage.

It was definitely mentioned in a previous GTA 5 O'Clock episode, but they're so long and drawn out that I forget the exact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Car insurance?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Yep you can take out insurance on your car in GTAonline so it can be replaced if someone steals it or blows it up or whatever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement