Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leftovers [HBO] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

I think viewers are concentrating too much on the 'mystery' of why the people disappeared and are hoping not to be let down by some badly written explanation.

Lindelof has always said the story was about the people that were left behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭NinetyForNone

I think after a poor episode 4 it started to improve in a big way.

I think after a poor episode 4 it started to improve in a big way.

That's the exact episode I quit on. It went from a fantastic self-contained episode about the priest straight back to the mysterious unexplained nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

That's the exact episode I quit on. It went from a fantastic self-contained episode about the priest straight back to the mysterious unexplained nonsense.

The Nora episode was fantastic.

evilivor wrote: »
    The Nora episode was fantastic.

Which is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Which is that?

Sorry, it was called "Guest", for some reason I had it tagged as Nora in my brain - it's episode six.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

MargeS wrote: »
    I think viewers are concentrating too much on the 'mystery' of why the people disappeared and are hoping not to be let down by some badly written explanation.

Lindelof has always said the story was about the people that were left behind.

That may be the case but I think people would want to know by the end if the cult leader, the dad of the sheriff, and the black healer were really being directed by a higher power, or if they were just charlatans/insane. If they don't explain that then that would be like ending Lost without explaining why all the supernatural stuff happened on the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I quit this show after 2 episodes, on the basis that it was bull****. Is it worth sticking with it then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I quit this show after 2 episodes, on the basis that it was bull****. Is it worth sticking with it then?

Depends on whether you like sticking with bull**** or not.

It develops on what you've already seen, but I wouldn't say the show changes.
    If you thought the first two were terrible, I don't think you'll get much out of the next six.

That said, episode 3 is very good as a somewhat standalone episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

What happens to the people who left is not explained in the book, and Lindelof has said it won't be explained in the show. It's about the people left behind.

So if you're thinking of watching again hoping for an explanation, don't bother.

• Advertisement

What happens to the people who left is not explained in the book, and Lindelof has said it won't be explained in the show. It's about the people left behind.

So if you're thinking of watching again hoping for an explanation, don't bother.

Cheers. I'll continue to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Latest episode was the best yet, really explained why the leftovers are the way they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Kinda agree with a review I read asking why this episode couldn't have aired a few weeks ago? Or even as the pilot?

Because we wouldn't have known enough about the characters and what's happened to them since to care enough about e.g. the baby disappearing?

I had been wondering why in the hell Garvey's wife would join the GR - this episode showed why, and very well. If it was the first episode I wouldn't know much or care enough about the GR or his wife and family to have an opinion on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

They were right to delay showing episode 9 until later in the series. The show gives the audience breadth and depth to analyse for themselves before it will give answers. I, too, wondered as to why Laurie joined the G.R. and I put it down to her losing her parents or a child. I am glad (as I have said many times before) the creators are letting us think for ourselves, come up with our own conclusions, and find out if you guessed correctly.

Can't believe they delayed the finale until the 7th of September, I really look forward to Monday nights and watching Leftovers. However, Boardwalk Empire Season 5 also starts on the 7th so I can understand the decision from a business point of view. The next episode is called 'The Prodigal Son Returns', however I expect this refers more to Kevin than his son Tommy. I reckon Kevin realises there is something very wrong, maybe similar to what Patti was prophesying in episode 9, and returns to his father to discuss the invitation. Could be wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's also a long weekend in the States so that's more than likely the reason as well

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It starts on Sky Atlantic the 18th of September 2014 at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It starts on Sky Atlantic the 18th of September 2014 at 9pm
    Saw ad tonight..

.. could be my new favourite show of the year!

Mid-way through the series, it just became an absolute stunning show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

My god this is a special show. While I don't think it was the best episode for the season (that says more about the quality of some of the earlier episodes), it was really great. Justin Theroux was brilliant. It's impossible not to empathise with him and yet, have no idea what he's going through.

I'm a little concerned with the direction the show will take in a second season, but at least there's a chunky amount of story left to be developed and it won't be just a case of tacking on a second season for the sake of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That was a brilliant finale.

Some of the episodes were average, but about 5 of them were top class. Much better than I thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I like this show but I've no idea we're it's going

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

I watched one episode of this. Please tell me that it will get better...

Nemanrio wrote: »
    I watched one episode of this. Please tell me that it will get better...

Watch up to episode 3, if you don't like it by then, you never will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I presume Kevin wished for his family back but is it this new family with Nora and Wayne's baby?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't understand the baby on the porch thing. Had the son already left it on the porch when he saw his mother?

Very good episode though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Woah! Okay, that was excellent, in my opinion. The scenes coming back to town were pretty intense.

May have said it before but the fact I watch this series and don't sit waiting for them to reveal what happened the disappeared says a lot about the characters, stories and writing.

And does the music remind anyone else of Candyman?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Haven't watched the episode yet... averting my eyes but do think the music is excellent in this show!

I was rolling my eyes in the first episode when they played the excellent-but-overused Max Richters "Vladimir's Blues" a number of times, but then realized he composed music specifically for the show so I'll forgive them.

Looking forward to sitting down to watch this!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Brilliant stuff. Great series

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Im posting this through squinted eyes to avoid spoilers.

Ive only watched the first episode of this and then thought it might be a show that is better binged on so I havent seen any other.

Marks out of ten for the first season? And is it worth another 9 hours of my time?

Advertisement