Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown' gets full series..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Dj

Yeah, as I said above, they're looking for audience members at the moment. They don't have any dates yet but I'd imagine it will be the Autumn at some stage.

Sorry I thought you meant they were looking for more 8 out of 10 cats does countdown audience people.
    Jon doesn't really bother trying anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Back tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Roisin Conaty, David Mitchell and Phil Jupitus in dictionary corner. \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

When is the normal series on??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    When is the normal series on??
    I was wondering that myself actually. I love Cats Does Countdown, but I do miss the regular show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,031 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Joe and Susie are on Million Pound Drop now..

.. strange to see Joe not in a suit!

Basq wrote: »
    Joe and Susie are on Million Pound Drop now..

.. strange to see Joe not in a suit!

I'm just about to watch it on planner. I Wonder will he act normal or be in character.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'm just about to watch it on planner. I Wonder will he act normal or be in character.
    Very normal tbh.

Cats On Countdown ain't great tonight - David Mitchell's too quiet, Phill Jupitus is terrible and Roisin Conaty is woeful too!

Small Z, Snake, U-Bend, Cock And Balls etc.

Once again, Joe Wilkinson brings the funny back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I was disappointed by David Mitchell ... in both his funniness and his Countdown skills!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That was brutal, the Countdown thing has lost its way, they should kill it and try something else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Flogging a dead horse has never been so apt for a TV series.

Bring back the regular show for Christ sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Joe Wilkinson is one of the best things about it. Why do they only bring him for the last 15 minutes?

J. Marston wrote: »
    Joe Wilkinson is one of the best things about it. Why do they only bring him for the last 15 minutes?

Cause most people can only handle him in small doses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Very flat, even Jon is bringing things to keep himself occupied!

Earlier in this thread I said Joe Wilkinson was the only thing I didn't like about the show, so it is an indication of how bad it is that now he is the funniest thing about it!

Agree with poster above though, think he's much better in small doses on the show, when he was on the full thing he'd break the flow, but now that's a welcome interruption!

Thought Joe was great in an otherwise dull affair, was hoping more from David Mitchell.

I suppose it's dirt cheap to make and it still gets decent ratings. But it's sad to see them milking every last drop out of the show. The regulars look very bored .

If they only had it as a one off at the end of every regular 8 out of 10 cats series, it would give the writers and performers a better chance to come up with better ideas for the series.

Channel 4 used to be the station which took risks, had alternative programming and were always trying something new. This series proves that those days are long gone.

But lads... Rachel!

But lads... Rachel!

Don't forget susie!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

I went on 40d last night to find to find this ep and came across that show virtually famous, why is the guy from glee hosting a comedy panel show in the UK, that the ep was funny, the one with pricasso

I went on 40d last night to find to find this ep and came across that show virtually famous, why is the guy from glee hosting a comedy panel show in the UK, that the ep was funny, the one with pricasso

It's getting better actually. Another one that got hilarious is The Last Leg.

Another one that got hilarious is The Last Leg.
    The Last Leg has always been brilliant..

.. Josh, Alex and Adam are unbelievably quick-witted!

Puts other live comedy shows like '10 O Clock Live' to shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

All the laughs came from Joe this week. I'm looking forward to the one with Joey Essex in dictionary corner - I'd say that'd be good.

Virtually Famous is brilliant. Hope E4 renew it for a second series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Joey Essex in dictionary corner....This is gonna be weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Joey Essex in dictionary corner....This is gonna be weird shíte.

Yep.

It's so bad I've tears rolling down my face from laughing. How can someone be that stupid??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Clearly an act. Mr.Pilkington would be proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Clearly an act. Mr.Pilkington would be proud.
    This +1, how can people not see it? Its just bad acting by him and Pilkington, hur-hur-hur he's so thick, except they just happen to make more for one appearance than most of the people laughing at how thick they are make in a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,496 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It's so bad I've tears rolling down my face from laughing. How can someone be that stupid??

Joey is so reem :p he is a clever clogs really all an act

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Regular 8 Out of 10 Cats is filming from October to December so it should be back soon enough.

Edit: Back on 6th October according to Wikipedia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

RR is a goddess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Made so much more sexy with her intelligence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

RR is a goddess

That dress!!!!!
    could look at her ass all day.

Pity RR supports that shower of sh*te

Wonder if any of the players had a pop

Fairly boring this week, hardly worth the watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Agreed - it's better without Joe & I have been thinking lately that it's run it's course but have to admit I enjoyed last night.....thought Sean's condiment thingy was hilarious......he was so taking the Pi@# & I like Jo Brand

I think they forgot what they were doing last night because of all the countdown episodes. :p Fairly dull for first run at season 18.

• Advertisement

Just a heads-up..

.. this started back with a Christmas Special that aired on the 29th December (wouldn't have known if it wasn't for 4OD), and there's another 5 episodes that air weekly from next Friday.

Basq wrote: »
    Just a heads-up..

.. this started back with a Christmas Special that aired on the 29th December (wouldn't have known if it wasn't for 4OD), and there's another 5 episodes that air weekly from next Friday.

Yay!

I love playing along from my couch. Take away few drinks...Bliss.

Pretty good this week. I like David O'Doherty in dictionary corner! Good show all round.

Ruu wrote: »
    Pretty good this week. I like David O'Doherty in dictionary corner! Good show all round.

I thought he was terrible.

Rachel looking bang tidy as ever

I like the way they are doing less Countdown rounds now, and just messing around for longer. It makes for a more entertaining show.

I think it has given Catsdown a new lease of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'm glad John has stopped making up 9s. It was a joke that got old very quickly. David Mitchell's six was excellent, probably the highlight for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Skid X wrote: »
    I like the way they are doing less Countdown rounds now, and just messing around for longer. It makes for a more entertaining show.

I think it has given Catsdown a new lease of life.

Susie Dent with the burn of the season!

Asked about what she thought she was going to be when she grew up "I thought I'd be working with the best comedians in the country but that hasn't happened yet." :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I also love how Jon looks for the most obscure way to do the numbers round. He almost always starts with a division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

This is so cringeworthy at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Fix

Advertisement