Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The reason I mention Dizzy is that he's been there so long witnessing first hand everything that's gone on the last 25 years. I can under stand why most would shrug their shoulders at an interview with Dizzy as he just seems to float around in the back ground and only comes to life in the piano solo for Estranged. Oh and I nearly forgot to mention the mesmerising bongo virtuosity in Welcome to the jungle.
    But I reckon if he were to fall out wit Axl and write a warts an tell all book it make for some reading.

Any way anyone have an idea what time DC hit the stage at tomorrow night I'll try and convince the missus to go out so I can patch the phone through the good tv and watch it on periscope with a few beers and tayto

Well if Dizzy were to ever fall out with Axl, I doubt he'd go the tell all route, probably just thank Axl for the amazing opportunity/experience with Guns, besides isn't Axl notorious for silencing those who leave with gagging orders..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭RayK0309

Maybe just at the moment interviews concerning Guns might be a bit toooo soon? Just guessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,338 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm listening to rock in rio 1991 from GNR and you can tell that it's matts first show with the band as he plays patience horribly.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm listening to rock in rio 1991 from GNR and you can tell that it's matts first show sith the band as he plays patience horribly.

Those 2 shows were Matt & Dizzy's first official shows & Guns first live show in a year and a half if memory serves me correctly..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Those 2 shows were Matt & Dizzy's first official shows & Guns first live show in a year and a half if memory serves me correctly..

I know that but during patience Matt is playing the drum parts right but they don't don't seem to in tune with the rest of the band.

Also the perils of rock n roll decedence open the Rio shows.

Pretty Tied Up, it's an under rated tune in the Guns catalgoue, it's something that should've been played live more often.

Pretty Tied Up, it's an under rated tune in the Guns catalgoue, it's something that should've been played live more often.

Good man lithium I wasn't sure who would get that clue. The video of Axl when his mic fails twice is so funny though. Izzy just sings away and Axl is losing his mind on stage. Was it YCBM ?

Good man lithium I wasn't sure who would get that clue. The video of Axl when his mic fails twice is so funny though. Izzy just sings away and Axl is losing his mind on stage. Was it YCBM ?

I think it was YCBM, Axl runs off right before the solo and doesn't come back for the fast paced part of the song..

• Advertisement

I think it was YCBM, Axl runs off right before the solo and doesn't come back for the fast paced part of the song..

Does he run off stage ? He does mouth stuff to the side of the stage and then as he walks off stage he says something like "what's up with this mic ****" I think that was just after YCBM though.

Lithium you and me know way too much about GNR off the top of our heads then is normal. But sure there are worse things we could be talking about as the man says.

Well when i follow or find a band I really really like, I try and find out as much as I possibly can..

Well when i follow or find a band I really really like, I try and find out as much as I possibly can..

That wasn't a negative lithium. I was saying we do know a lot about GNR off the top of our heads

The ritz show really is a classic show despite Axl saying the audio was bad. I've the donnington audio which is hard to listen to knowing what happened during that show.

It's funny how different browstone sound with old popcorn and frank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Yeah
    It's a pity Lord Henry didn't book AC/DC for Slane this year especially since they were on a European tour and hitting London and Manchester early June I would of had my ticket long before Brian's hearing issues came to light

I wonder with Axl getting all these positive reviews about the 7 recent gigs is his confidence up and he's feeling a bit more comfortable now talking to the media
    Hopefully so would love to see Slash and himself intrracting

• Advertisement

Interesting here Axl mentions that they are working in dates for a European tour
    Seems in good spirits and relaxed also
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D84jiE3oQLQ&ebc=ANyPxKoKwHcFrwfgmErf89ZVy8_pNgyXVFzcjQB_V4nf7fI8G22d1rfbxBg7hZkYFnsFvi_mWVstolGJAjw9grqGO2xHHALgZQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,886 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Interesting here Axl mentions that they are working in dates for a European tour
    Seems in good spirits and relaxed also
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D84jiE3oQLQ&ebc=ANyPxKoKwHcFrwfgmErf89ZVy8_pNgyXVFzcjQB_V4nf7fI8G22d1rfbxBg7hZkYFnsFvi_mWVstolGJAjw9grqGO2xHHALgZQ

Ireland please. Will make the trip to the UK if not

That youtube video of axl talking to the fans. He seems like a different man. It's as if the years of stress and pressure are off his shoulders. He seems genuinely happy which is brilliant.

Here's the periscope link for tonight
    They're right up at the rail on the right hand side sound quality is good enough in the support band.

https://www.periscope.tv/gunsnrosesportugal

Wow Axl sounds good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

RayK0309 wrote: »
    Wow Axl sounds good!

yes, he does, still a tit though

I expected him to have to use different notes here and there...I said it once I'll say it again..he needs to have his legs broken badly and left in that chair for a huge world tour and an album

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I expected him to have to use different notes here and there...I said it once I'll say it again..he needs to have his legs broken badly and left in that chair for a huge world tour and an album

Him sitting down and not running around is doing wonders for his voice, makes him a great target for a bottle though :pac:

He is really sounding amazing, wonder if his voice can do this for close on 2hrs

Haha..I never thought of that..I was a bit drastic there with the breaking his legs jab but I'm sure they could afford to have him move around on some hydraulics!Ya 2hrs is a long time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Bad Obsession aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Here's the periscope link for tonight
    They're right up at the rail on the right hand side sound quality is good enough in the support band.

https://www.periscope.tv/gunsnrosesportugal

I have to say he's really nailing this! A lot better than I could have hoped.

Nate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

I have to say he's really nailing this! A lot better than I could have hoped.

Nate

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/axl-rose-triumphs-at-ac-dc-debut-in-lisbon-20160507?page=2

Getting great reviews, sounds pretty damn good in the pro footage

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Bad Obsession aswell.

Apparently written a year before mr brownstone also

The AC⚡️DC show was spot on I haven't read a bad review yet they all start with apprehension and the usuall he's always late he's unhinged ( probably right though😜) he's unreliable the voice is shot ect ect. But by the end it's all good and Angus pulled a stroke of genius letting Axl take over singing duties
    Axl has the boot to the headlight (pardon the pun) for the full 2 hrs with out slow songs or vocal breaks, even though he has a 70hr break between each gig I hope his voice holds up singing the way he sings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Can't wait to see him with them in Manchester

There's something wrong with the video you posted

Gonna guess that something is probably an announcement for the European tour.

• Advertisement

Somethings on the way
    Found this on gunsnroses.com

Live album of The Troubadour show perhaps?

Live album of The Troubadour show perhaps?

Yeah from reading the tweet they sent out it looks like a new vid every day this week
    I'll look forward to that.

https://twitter.com/gunsnroses/status/729747908803756032

Would be pretty cool if they released a live album of their first show back together..

Yeah could be this generations "live at the Ritz"
    Mind you that's the bench mark for all live shows.
    If I were el presidento and they played here I'd make em play 10 nights in the Olympia 😎 For the ritz effect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lads, seriously I still can't believe this is happening. Still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Angriest Whopper indeed

• Advertisement

How a Custom Guitar Made in Redondo Beach Saved Appetite for Destruction

http://www.laweekly.com/music/how-a-custom-guitar-made-in-redondo-beach-saved-appetite-for-destruction-6807261

This'd be cool to get your hands on.

http://i.imgbox.com/YzViAWuh.jpg

Seems Axl kicked ass in Seville tonight.

Seems Axl kicked ass in Seville tonight.

Surely you ment last night.

Next show 13th Marseille France.

I surely must..I thought it was tonight. There's fan-filmed footage on Blabbermouth

There are some strange bastards on mygnr. Good god some of them are so protective over someone(axl) that the vast majority have only seen on stage. It's mental stuff to read.

• Advertisement

There are some strange bastards on mygnr. Good god some of them are so protective over someone(axl) that the vast majority have only seen on stage. It's mental stuff to read.

Never much bothered with that site at all. Are they that bad?
    I find the site GnR Truth fairly good for my daily GnR fix of info
    They've a good mix of both Axl and Slash camps and a decent number of posters from both sides of the Atlantic. There's 2 or 3 lads who are just walking GnR encyclopaedias there along with a few who have direct connections to the band/crew. They only thing is they don't care much for speculation and hypothetical discussion which I suppose is fair enough.

GN'R Truth is a strange place, much prefer MYGNR.

GN'R Truth is a strange place, much prefer MYGNR.

I looked on there this evening and there was a thread about the fact that the video listings on the welcome to the videos dvd wasn't in order of release. And they were getting thick over it. I mean would you be ****ing well ?

Mygnr had a thread about axl and his upbringing and the fact that of course he cooks his own food. I wasn't in the better of it.

Fan forums/message boards can be odd at times.

Fan forums/message boards can be odd at times.

Ah here this humble gnr thread on boards is practically sane compared to some of the beauties on those boards. HTGTH has become a becon of positivity since slash was taken off the satan list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement