Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

Having a mare trying to embed this on my phone so I'll just attach it.

So yeah you're probably aware these exist. But they're on sale... you know you want them!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Great start to the lex run. How long do you think it will take to get this whole arc out? Can't believe it's your up to number 72 any ideas for the 100 show?

Thanks mate! Probably spill into next year, but it's more "here's what we're doing for the foreseeable future" :) Ep 100 is almost 30 episodes (a couple of years off) we could be heads in a jar by then! Did u have something in mind?
    nazmoalex wrote: »
    Having a mare trying to embed this on my phone so I'll just attach it. So yeah you're probably aware these exist. But they're on sale... you know you want them!

I wasn't but WOAH! GAH! Seriously, nice! First thought ("i should probably by 100 of them, just in case") :p

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Maybe an old Irish Whip Wrestling show for 100 or a "live" show at a big wrestling event with special guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 PotatoSpud

Those burgers look so tiny in British Bulldog's hands...

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

Roman Reigns is a Potatoist. He said stuff about "tater tots" to Sheamus when they briefly feuded some years ago. I only say this because of the previous posters name. Roman, I'd like him if it wasn't for that.

I've had a vastly easier time convincing non-wrestling-fan friends to watch the Fatal Deviation review than I've had getting Irish friends who like wrestling to watch reviews of wrestling shows they have actually seen. Strange how that works...

I have not watched Survivor Series '92 review yet but that will change soon, I remember that show vividly. That's right around when WWF went from Sky 1 to Sky Sports and it became difficult for me to get my hands on VHS tapes of!

All the current wrestling I watch is from 2017, there's just too much of it, I can't keep up. All the current darts I watch is also from 2017, so with that in mind, I'm watching Limerick hopeful William O'Connor, in only his 2nd ever PDC quarter final, at what are the smallest PDC tournaments on their (PDC darts) calendar from August of last year, and I think I have found an elusive man...

I'm not 100% sure, but the referee, is he dart playing OSW fan, Anthony Urmston-Toft?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChU9goOMyV0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The fúcking carnies in the EU are threatening the internet and therefore OSW...

https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/1013733465420943360

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Done.

Thanks guys!

I never talk about politics (unless it's backstage!) but this Article 13 is horrific and wide-reaching. It's frustrating to hear the music industry frame this as "helping artists against YouTube", as if a GIANT UPLOAD FILTER will suddenly curb copyright (how do you filter against a passworded double rar file?), and they act like you can't just block your music tracks instantly by signing up to YouTube's Content ID. Fighting youtube by widespread censorship (affecting photos, memes and videos) is a terrifying disgrace.

I'm really bummed out about it. But I've gotten two email replies from Irish MEPs and there's been a larger kick up about it this week so hopefully....we just need a little less than 400 to vote the right way.

All going well, new OSW this Sunday :)

Just an update on the today's vote, it was rejected, hooray!

https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/1014857890379829249

Seriously thank God! "Just pass it and trust us to do what's best" is terryifying. I'm empathic to Music companies wanting a better split from YouTube revenue, but not by introducing a doomsday upload filter! wtf! Good to see sense prevail.

Saw this on r/Ireland, good to know who voted which way.

For:
    Brian Hayes (Dublin - PPE/Fine Gael)
    Deirdre Clune (South - PPE/Fine Gael)
    Sean Kelly (South - PPE/Fine Gael)

Absent:
    Mairead McGuiness (Midlands - PPE/Fine Gael)
    Brian Crowley (South - ECR/Fianna Fail) (<- although he was only one of two to reply to my email saying he'd be absent, but was a strong NO. The other is Ming and he's been doing great work!)

Against:
    Lynn Boylan (Dublin - NGL/Sinn Fein)
    Nessa Childers (Dublin - S&D/Independent)
    Matt Carthy (Midlands - NGL/Sinn Fein)
    Luke 'Ming' Flanagan (Midlands - NGL/Independent)
    Marian Harkin (Midlands - ALDE/Independent)
    Liadh Ni Riada (South - NGL/Sinn Fein)

Now that's out of the way (until Sept anyway) come back SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAYYYYYYYYY!

For:
    Brian Hayes (Dublin - PPE/Fine Gael)
    Deirdre Clune (South - PPE/Fine Gael)
    Sean Kelly (South - PPE/Fine Gael)

BVbv7ZY.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Watched your first Raw Ep - quality as always. Then randomly pimped you out to Simon Miller from Whatculture, wasn't planned but his response makes me think you gotta get him to do an AD Break questionarium
    Thank you! I appreciate that. And I do listen to OSW. Don't we all? I'd be up for any collaboration as long as everyone was up for it. I love stuff like that. Always fun to get involved. I do watch Botchamania as well and consider Maffhew a friend. He's a real good dude.

Get him to ask a why question? why, here's why... cos that's his gimmick!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Since I mentioned You & Simon Miller above...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

This thread's been strangely dead, eh? But I guess I better get the ball rolling again by addressing this...

PORTRAIT MODE!?

T1BAUz9lcQ3cmNtwGGse1nHHroo=.gif

Completely spaced on posting the last 2 eps but I will!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Song has been stuck in my head the last few weeks, poor Lex suffered this tour to get no reward.

Lads! I was in the dirtsheets today :pac:

GycmzG4.jpg

I've better screenshots of the newspaper here:
    https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/1161253768278761472

I'll be on Ireland AM in the morning! (~10:10am) only contacted when the producer saw the article. Woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Delighted for ya Jay, well done man!

8 stone?! Fair play, Jay.

Try to drop a wrestling reference on Ireland AM, I dare you!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If Ireland AM opens with "Weeeellllllcome Noggers..."

Ah that's so cool, I'm pretty sure my cousin is a cameraman on that show. I even watched an Ireland AM for the 1st time in over 10 years not long ago. I dropped 2 and half stone a few years ago but keeping it off has not been easy, the €1 Bolands Jaffa cakes are always tempting.
    I'm 100% going to dig around now and try to find your appearance, and maybe it'll inspire me to get back on the long walks and avoid the 6 bags of Skips for €2 more often,

https://www.virginmediatelevision.ie/shows/irelandam/article/1.65.1482.1486/292611/Jay-Hunters-Weight-Loss-Journey

Well that was easy enough to find! Fair play, can of (diet) coke for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Fair play Jay! Would love to hear how you managed it as that's no easy feat! DDP have anything to do with it? :D

Ah that's so cool, I'm pretty sure my cousin is a cameraman on that show. I dropped 2 and half stone a few years ago but keeping it off has not been easy, the €1 Bolands Jaffa cakes are always tempting. Fair play, can of (diet) coke for you!

Ah cheers! ha, small world! 2.5 is no mean feat! Ha ha, I must check out those Jaffas, or I better not :D
    If Ireland AM opens with "Weeeellllllcome Noggers..."

Hope ya enjoyed the HELLOOOOOOO!
    Fair play Jay! Would love to hear how you managed it as that's no easy feat! DDP have anything to do with it? :D

Aha! I chat about it here. I was pretty wibbly talking about this stuff publicly as it's not why people come to OSW but they've been v lovely!

I just watched the Fighting With My Family Osw Review on the yoochuube (It was great, it flew by) and I got pointed towards this, it might be semi-interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84DLtInCkXg

There is a simialr clip with CM Punk but chances are, you seen it already!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Hey Jay

Are you having trouble with Youtube again? I saw you mention something on twitter.

jface187 wrote: »
    Hey Jay. Are you having trouble with Youtube again? I saw you mention something on twitter.

Ha ha! Thanks mate. No, not today, but i'm sure I will again soon. ICYMI YouTube's latest cúntery is adding a disconcertingly vague 'we can shut you down if we want' clause in the latest T&C coming into play in December.

https://twitter.com/OSWreview/status/1193652468619632640

Best case scenario it's to do with bad-faith accounts, i.e. people who are creating misleading videos (eg unsuitable for kids but labeling it as child-friendly) but worst case scenario it's "the bandwidth isn't worth hosting you anymore". So we'll wait and see, but with no viable alternative (Vimeo is miles behind in streaming), but it's another step towards hosting OSW videos ourselves. We're ok but new, smaller creators are discouraged no end, and we all lose out.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Don't get Youtube at all the way they treat there content makers. If they push all you guys off the platform there see how long people will watch Late Night with Seth Myres clips.

I watched the new KOTR show last night, loved it as usual.

By pure chance, I'm listening to Gangrel on Edge & Christians podcast from near 2 years ago now and he talks about the mask he wore when he was doing jobs for WWE (pre-brood) and ... Go 35 mins maybe 36 mins into the podcast and he explains it. I don't want to give too much away. It's worth listening to and very relavent to some of the recent OSW Review shows!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've been watching some older shows in the Network's free offerings, and feck ya lads. When it's a show with Vince on it, "Unbelievable!" has started to drive me mad :pac:

I watched the new KOTR show last night, loved it as usual. By pure chance, I'm listening to Gangrel on Edge & Christians podcast from near 2 years ago now and he talks about the mask he wore when he was doing jobs for WWE (pre-brood) and ... Go 35 mins maybe 36 mins into the podcast and he explains it. I don't want to give too much away. It's worth listening to and very relevent to some of the recent OSW Review shows!

Cheers, will give it a listen! That's mental. He was in crazy shape in the New Gen era, lol. And nobody would be any the wiser!
    Angron wrote: »
    I've been watching some older shows in the Network's free offerings, and feck ya lads. When it's a show with Vince on it, "Unbelievable!" has started to drive me mad :pac:

My work is complete! Ruining things for other people when they're not watching OSW :D

• Advertisement

Latest 2 OSWs to hit youtube! KOTR '94 Pre-Show TV Special & PPV!

Advertisement