Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Broadband Speeds in Tramore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

So in the last 2 days Eircom have contacted me,well some how they've left voicemail's without my phone actually ringing. At the present moment I've been assured that Eircom are currently working in conjunction with Alcatel to fix the damaged exchange. It hasn't been overlooked by the powers that be.

Then I may have started to hallucinate or Eircom are merely trying to mess with me but the rep who's name I was given(surname included) that once I've noticed that the speeds during the evening have been restored to normal, I'm to contact customer care,use the rep's name and he will contact me back to refund me for the down time.

I'm going to take it with a pinch of salt but hope for the best that normality will be resumed as quickly as possible but it's clear that the complaint I lodged with ComReg has certainly resonated with Eircom.

For anyone who hasn't gotten onto ComReg I'd take the rest of the lad's advice and give them a call. It's 5 mins at most and you could get some refund for the poor service received.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

No harm to mention in comreg complaint about this thread on boards , Eircom have played the lies very quiet and public knowledge is what will sort out this run around we are getting
    Also saves having to explain everything over and over

1890 229668

Pretty sure that's the number I used before xmas to make the complaint on. I think i mentioned it about using boards to get the message across to Eircom. They asked what methods have I done to make Eircom aware of the issue.

It's clear that the only way to get anywhere with them is through ComReg,it was clear in the voicemails left for me that the rep actually wanted to speak to me and sort it out. Suppose they kind of have to when the right pressure from the right people is applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Speedtest just now.
    Maybe its fixed???

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3239009787.png

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

joe250 wrote: »
    Speedtest just now.
    Maybe its fixed???

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3239009787.png

Nah, getting 3mbs give or take. Same as I got around this time yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭gary_walsh17

Same here chaps, tar runs quicker

3239268538.png

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3239623717

0.19Mbps.

Brilliant speeds!

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3240680046

6.98Mb/s this morning. Made my complaint to Comreg.

I see a Facebook page has popped up on this; https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eircon-Broadband-in-Tramore/1403178073255296

I supplied a link to this thread and the above Facebook page to Comreg to highlight the issue.

Nice going Sully, I spotted that last night and never thought to create the link between here and there.

Great to see though that there's a greater level of awareness on the issue by the people of Tramore.

I found UTV a little infuriating, and I kept getting lumped with the same agent 99% of the time I called in. I always wondered, how many people work for UTV in Tech Support as I recognise the accents of the same two people all the fecking time!

Kinda like they didn't believe or care I had problems.

• Advertisement

Good job on the facebook page. Going to follow up my second complaints status with comreg and ensure they are away off it , hopefully encourage more to do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Benny1210

heres some of my test results.i've been having this problem since November and it's getting worse

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3239652395

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3239533395

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3229763762

• Registered Users Posts: 43 buttsoirl

have the same problem myself... after 3pm speed drops to 1.86Mb -> 2.5Mb

stays that way until midnight.. then full speed again.

opened complaint with comreg also...

major pain :mad:

The joys of the daytime when no one is using the net.....Lets see what its like later tonight again...

3248198884.png

3248203071.png

The joys of the daytime when no one is using the net.....Lets see what its like later tonight again...

3248198884.png

3248203071.png

And now normal service has resumed :(

3248918668.png

Has anyone tried to phone eircon lately? The automated voice message states that there's a issue affecting the area but hilariously goes on to say that the reps cannot provide any further information. If that's the case who the hell do we new information from?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kgarvey

Just called eircom today and i was told that efibre wasnt coming till December 2014 now...

No way i can last on .5 -2mb/s much longer.....

I do see a nice new Green box outside my estate and saw people working on it last week. I know from researching efibre in the past that the green box is the one that is going to be used for efibre just wish they would hurry up

kgarvey wrote: »
    Just called eircom today and i was told that efibre wasnt coming till December 2014 now...

I do see a nice new Green box outside my estate and saw people working on it last week. I know from researching efibre in the past that the green box is the one that is going to be used for efibre just wish they would hurry up

Just incase you wanted to see the green boxes

http://knnetworkservices.com/projects/telecoms/fixed/eircom-nga-super-fast-fibre-broadband/

Also there is one outside Clarinwood estate in Tramore....Hope its coming soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

kgarvey wrote: »

I hope the person that you were talking to was wrong. How could it take them so long to get to a large town like Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,052 ✭✭✭✭looksee

How can they so suddenly change their minds? Some character came to the door within the last two weeks to try and sell me Eircom, and asked me did I have it, I pointed out that since he was from Eircom he should know! Anyway he said March. We could try asking the Eircom guy on 'talk to...'

• Advertisement

Just checked the Eircom website and it still says March (I realise that doesn't prove anything...)

looksee wrote: »
    Just checked the Eircom website and it still says March (I realise that doesn't prove anything...)

Yeah thats what i thought but the girl i talked to went off for about 5 minutes then came back saying December 2014.

I said "ohhh thats strange only a few weeks ago it was march"
    Rep Reply: "Maybe it has changed but we arent told theses things as far as we are concerned it is December."

It better be March and i dont think ill be going with eircom, UTV have much better package with free calls to UK. And if your a lyoness member you get cashback and bonuses....

Originally it was Dec 13,then they pushed it back to Feb 14 and now its apparently March 14. There's other boxes after being put down on the green by riverstown stores and pine grove that I've noticed.

I spoke to a Rep called Phillip yesterday from my work place to report the slow speeds. He had no idea at all about an issue troubling everyone in Tramore and I didn't inform him either.

I rang last friday to find out an update on resolving the fault,at that stage they had not gotten any information from the engineers. A very far fetched answer but then again if the reps don't know of an issue here then it's clear there's lack of information sharing on both fronts. I'll be calling back tomorrow and if they've no information someone will be getting an earful.

I have put a question on eircom 'Talk to...'

Oh good god , another year with 1 mb speeds , am I surprised , not a bit , however tramore has a population of 20% of Waterford with very very limited broadband options ,
    Think Eircom are only going to fast track any market areas where there is a danger of loosing customers , but where do we go , so no matter what they say it will happen only if they are about to loose or gain , not before , Dec 14 may come and go too , green boxes are probably dummy boxes , nothing would surprise with that Company

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭nobodyknows

My speeds still haven't been effected but in the last week I've noticed about ever 2 hours for about a 5min period, I get a error saying issue connecting to the exchange
    Sully wrote: »
    I kept getting lumped with the same agent 99% of the time I called in. I always wondered, how many people work for UTV in Tech Support as I recognise the accents of the same two people all the fecking time!
    Redirecting you to the same agent is done on purpose, the idea is that if someone is calling in for a 2nd time or more they direct you to the last agent you dealt with so you don't have to re-explain the issue.

The problem was fixed according to Donnacha when I called today. It was fixed in the past couple of days but they've no real info on it because its not being handled by themselves. Also the reps don't have any information exchange between themselves and their own engineers.

Something tells me that I was in fact just given the run around today.

My speeds still haven't been effected but in the last week I've noticed about ever 2 hours for about a 5min period, I get a error saying issue connecting to the exchange
    Redirecting you to the same agent is done on purpose, the idea is that if someone is calling in for a 2nd time or more they direct you to the last agent you dealt with so you don't have to re-explain the issue.

Personally would prefer to deal with same agents , however doubt they have it set up like that , how could they , calls would bee held in queues forever while waiting for the same agent , would it be more regional based possibly.but thats a far stretch in itself as regarding explaining them selves , that's what notes are taken as I don't think john murphy will remember john power issue from 3 days ago after 200 calls in between
    Anyway if an issue isn't fixed after 3 calls while they tell u move this that and the other , turn off the lights , get an electrian , and all other bs they pawn people off

Fact is the exchange is issue and everyone isp downwards and upwards know it , comreg only recourse

Fixed?

Not according to my speed test.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3273551840

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    Fixed?

Not according to my speed test.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3273551840

I'm running about the same here myself. Again its just them bull crapping again. No wonder I had an empty feeling once the conversation ended :confused:

Advertisement