Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

sasta le wrote: »
    How do people get all these deals??

Just see them randomly in store?

Most seem to be in the store specific reduced price shelves (short dated items or items that have hard to shift and are not sent back to the warehouse are put on sale on those shelves). That is why people should be more specific in their postings as to whether it is a generally available or store specific offer. Otherwise people are going to be sent on wild goose chases to their local Tesco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Heading to Tesco today and will report back any bargains I find!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Thanks lads for the coffee info - I see Tesco has now got the tins for 1.98 too, will stock up on them instead of the refill packs

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

27 Pack of Penguin Bars in Tesco Santry for 3 lids... think they're normally about 5.70 or so.

Nom nom nom nom.........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tesco Artane Castle completly empty this morning.

WHY??????

Lidl opened up this morning right opposite them in Butterly Business Park.

Big store,jammed packed and tons of bargains to be had.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Maynooth has pots and pans reduced to clear on end of promo aisle when you walk in.

Denby sets reduced from 90€ to €22

Prestige Saucepan x 2 & Frying Pan reduced to €20

(Some other brand) 3 x Saucepans for €10

Also some various Denby Cool Blue 12 piece sets reduced.. (approx 12€ as afair)

Terry's All Gold Dark Chocolate 360/380g reduced to €2.24 normally €9. - Must be price mistake as 200g on special currently at €4. Approx 5 boxes left at 2pm today.

They also had stock of Lily O'Briens toffee sweets reduced to €1.50 from €5..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

198321 wrote: »
    inversoft toilet tissue 16 rolls for 3.50, seems as good value as before that it was on 'special offer' for 7 euro.

Thanks so much for posting about these. It was actually marked at €7.00 but scanned at €3.50. I got 4 packs which should last a month or two. I should have gotten more but there was only one left so I left it for another bargain hunter:cool:

There seemed to be a good few bargains around in Mahon(I was on my lunch break so I couldn't do a thorough search:() There were Shelf labels for a few of the choco bargains but most sold out expect for matchmakers in orange at 86c and orange and lemon jelly type things for about 40c

There was a "basket o crap" near the televisions. I got a couple of dish brushes (50c and 26c) and other random things. Prices ranged from 5c for a knife sharpener to to €2 for something I can't remember. Other items included mashers/hooks/reading light thingy and so on. There could have been something amazingly fantastic in there but I didn't have the time to get to the bottom of the basket:(

Also on offer were the "Wenger" bag range that you needed to collect tokens for last year. Backpacks @ €6 ranging up to €18 for some bag I can't remember:o There were other items in this clearance section such as tents but there may have been other stuff (near the tellies again)

Random deals in the cereals (Like Tesco non-brand own brand maple and pecan crisp for 83c) and a few more reductions

Might head back there or to another branch to look for the Denby range. Or if anyone has spotted them in any COrk branch can they let me know.

Also some acoustic guitar for €15 and telescope/keyboard/some other stuff reduced in the computer accessories/games aisle

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco men's classic anti-perspirant 200ml is half-price at 55c.
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=267153899

A lot of other branded deodorants are also half-price

snubbleste wrote: »
    Tesco men's classic anti-perspirant 200ml is half-price at 55c.
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=267153899

A lot of other branded deodorants are also half-price

250ml cans of "Dove For Men" for 1 euro.

Bought 15 cans of it...Tesco Artane Castle.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

paddy147 wrote: »
    250ml cans of "Dove For Men" for 1 euro.

Bought 15 cans of it...Tesco Artane Castle.:)

You'll need it ......................to clear all the stink you cause around these forums:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Went back to Mahon to get another of the wenger bags but they were all gone:( Should have gotten the bigger one earlier as it seemed really good quality.

However the below almost made up for it

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIaH7tEuWdFhqmGSPFtdO_vxUXOAu-V7e2i6zBulj9DP_m-lQ2
    6 Walnut whips for only 90c:pac: Loads more of the Inversoft loo roll there aswell so I got one more pack.

Both price scanners broken which is a bit annoying. I often find bargains by scanning stuff I have seen reduced on HUKD but I hate asking them to price check at the checkouts so feel I am possibly losing out on mega bargains!

You'll need it ......................to clear all the stink you cause around these forums:D:D:D:D:D

Well........"If you cant take it,then dont give it out in the 1st place"...:pac:;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Mitchum Deodorant only €3.00-normally it's €5.50.
    Walker's 6-pack crisps (any flavour)-three packs for €4.50
    Three 6-packs of Tesco Crisps (any flavour) only €3.00
    Cadbury Egg 'n' Spoon-€2.50, down from €4.99
    Cadbury Creme Egg Splats-€2.00

All in Tesco Nutgrove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Tesco Arthurs Quay

Butlers Chocolates from 15 to 3-ish euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

No inversoft toilet roll in coonagh or Arthur's quay, lot of dirty bums about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

No inversoft toilet rolls in arklow and the mitchum deodorant is €5.50 for 2. They are usually about 3.45 each have never paid 5.50 for one.
    Glade discreet warm orange &spice refills are 94c.
    Ambi pur 3volution coastal escape and moonlight vanilla reduced from €12 to €3.04

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭CH3OH

maschera_ttelitealoevera(1).jpg
    Nicky Aloe Vera 4 Pack
    Discover the softness of Nicky toilet paper combined with a soothing Aloe Vera balm!
    The new Nicky Aloe Vera, a 3 ply quilted tissue enriched with a subtle balm offers you an extra soft feel and a soothing sensation.

This one is also on offer 4 pack €1.62
    I bought the Inversoft as well, but on the whole I found this to be much better;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Tesco.ie have 5 tea towels @ €1.50 I think they are normally ~€8
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265231378

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

CH3OH wrote: »
    I bought the Inversoft as well, but on the whole I found this to be much better;)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Naughty Naughty:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Castlebar Tesco had 2 packs of the 16 Inversfot for €3.50 ... none when I left:P ... It was marked on the shelf with a yellow price tag that they were €3.50

Denby sets not reduces - still full price at €90

No Wenger luggage that I could see

Dove Mens deodourant 250ml not reduced .... smaller one was priced something like €1.54 for one type
    A couple of the Tesco own brand (blue) ones were on the shelf at €0.55
    No reduced Lilly O'Briens chocolates either.

Did get the Terrys big box for €2 though:)

Tons of different chocolates on half off - big bags of minstrels, counters, malteasers to name a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The hardware stuff detailed above (denby) etc was yellow stickered I'd say.

Theres a clear out in the hard ware section, its done with yellow stickers so its store specific.

Reductions in baby, Huggies mosly half price, Huggies Little swimmers, half price.

Ellas Kitchen snacks , half price / reduced to clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Tesco Longwalk have Technika 19" LCD tv/DVD with iPod dock that plays both audio and video.

€79!!!!

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/4383/imagehdt.jpg

imagehdt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Inversoft 16 pack rolls marked €7, but scanned at €3.50 in Tesco Poleberry Waterford.
    Not available in Tesco Ardkeen or Tesco Ballybeg.
    Thanks OP, great bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

^^^^^^^^^^
    magnifying-glass.gif

What price was it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

Anybody now where the clearance section is in cabra? Going shopping later so might have a nosey. Was taking to the missus last nite and roselawn have 6!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

in tesco in Tullow:
    tefal 24cm stock pot €16.00 down from €23
    roasting dish 14.5cm x 11.5 cm with carving set €5 down from €10.
    pepsi max 2lt btls half price €1.19
    i seen one cabin size bag €23 down from €32.
    Pillow case €4.50 ish down from €6.50
    Lots of more clearance items compared to usually.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

No more denby left in Tesco Maynooth.
    Opened packs of Duracell 8 pack AA and AAA batteries 1.65 each
    2013 Filofax 19c (not sure if this was a misprint, but its what we were charged at the till too)
    Loads of iPhone 4 cases- 1 Euro each
    15.6" padded carry case for a laptop 10.00
    Gel cases for iPad 10.00
    100 coloured drinking straws 10c
    6 plastic beakers 65c
    Thermos plastic coffee cup 50c
    Coffee cannisters 1.00

Very little stock left on the discount shelves.

Lots of bargains around this time of year for some reason! Had a look back to this time last year and there were plenty around too. Morphy Richard Accents Plum kettle down to €10 in Tesco Midleton (none left now but worth a look in other stores)
    31bS2h4UpAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
    Hartleys Orange Jelly granules 23c, Angel Delight Icecream (!) 23c, some fancy smancy candle matches for 66c

I saw a SEL on a staff trolley thing which had some thorntons gift box down to 1c:eek: but no sign of actual thorntons for one cent.

Think I'll go to Tesco (again) tomorrow as I've an old filofax and it would be great to get the refill for 19c and to look out for the other bargains mentioned. Edit - was it the actual entire filofax for 19c?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Bottles of Badger Apple Wood Oak Aged Cider 500 ml, €1.00 each in Tesco Navan, Best before Feb 2103.. ;)
    I got the last 8 but there may be more

Anyone know when the next 25% off 6 bottles of wine is on? Stock is running very low and very few good deals at the moment ;(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

All the 1c Christmas stuff should be gone from stores since last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Opened packs of Duracell 8 pack AA and AAA batteries 1.65 each
    2013 Filofax 19c (not sure if this was a misprint, but its what we were charged at the till too)
    Loads of iPhone 4 cases- 1 Euro each
    15.6" padded carry case for a laptop 10.00
    Gel cases for iPad 10.00
    100 coloured drinking straws 10c
    6 plastic beakers 65c
    Thermos plastic coffee cup 50c
    Coffee cannisters 1.00

Some serious bargains there all right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Which tesco where these in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

******TESCO MERRION CHOCOLATE CLEARANCE*****

Fantastic bargains to be bought in tesco merrion by bakery/bread/cakes clearance area at end of isle.
    Bought 8 packs of Lir chocolates at €1.25 each (down from a fiver) Don't worry though, I left about 30 packs for fellow boardsies ;)
    Also boxes of Orchard jellies, maynards sports jellies(giant box), butlers chocolates, tesco shortbread huge tins and Cadburys fingers(dream, milk choc and dark choc mix) all on clearance at a fraction of their original price!
    Also got the 4 aloe vera toilet rolls half price, wow you can smell them from a foot away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

tesco arklow earlier had spongebob backpacks reduced from €13 to €8.50. however they are still scanning at €13. i was too tired to bother bringing it to their attention so if anyone goes in and buys one youll get double the difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭laros

Which tesco where these in?

Maynooth I believe

No 19c filofax refills or filofaxs in Mahon or Douglas:( Nor any of the other bargains mentioned.

However there were other bargains I came across this morning. The TomTom XL classic is back at €27.
    Y2Y1NGRjMmFiMjY5OWNhM2UxYWQ3ZTA2OTM2NDRmOGY9hQ-lDXOAu0jZPJ7TG-OQaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOGEwZjY5ZDNhMTY3MGJjMGVkOTc5NzdiMjlmZjRjMmRhMjA3Y2E1MGUxZDMwYzBiNjM4OWEzZTlmMjIyY2E4OC5qcGd8MzkzfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

Got one in Mahon to put in the present box for a friend's birthday in the summer. There were other sat navs reduced too. There was a sony dsw510 camera there at €56 too which seemed an ok price.

Morphy Richards Professional Stainless Steel Deep Fat Fryer at €14 in Douglas but worth checking the price in other stores,
    210-7949_PI_TPS857918?wid=250&hei=250&$Detail$

And I don't want to moan but if the items are yellow/reduced stickered can people please say that as it generally means that it is store specific. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭rameire

Tesco Naas Extra

as above Morphy Richards Professional Stainless Steel Deep Fat Fryer at €14

price on shelf is 59.99, scans at 14 euro.

there are two left

havnt had a deep fat fryer in over 8 years, what have I done.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭CH3OH

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    Ariel Stain Remover Hygiene Powder 940g
    This seems to be discontinued.
    I picked up a few packs in Arklow for €2.52 each 940 g pack

They were located in a reduced section near the end of toilet roll aisles

Lots of various air fresheners also reduced
    Maybe store specific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

product_raffaello_3.png

Reduced to €1.75 in Wexford,they had lots of pouches of Cadbury Caramels etc. marked as discontinued but no price so probably discounted aswell.

Clothing was being marked at 50% off while I was there.

For the gardener they had an electric mower & strimmer set for €75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Anyone any info on the denby delph yet.

Loads of the €3.50 Inversoft toilet rolls in Claremorris this morning. Nothing else of interest though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

lindtee wrote: »
    No 19c filofax refills or filofaxs in Mahon or Douglas:( Nor any of the other bargains mentioned.

However there were other bargains I came across this morning. The TomTom XL classic is back at €27.
    Y2Y1NGRjMmFiMjY5OWNhM2UxYWQ3ZTA2OTM2NDRmOGY9hQ-lDXOAu0jZPJ7TG-OQaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOGEwZjY5ZDNhMTY3MGJjMGVkOTc5NzdiMjlmZjRjMmRhMjA3Y2E1MGUxZDMwYzBiNjM4OWEzZTlmMjIyY2E4OC5qcGd8MzkzfHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

Got one in Mahon to put in the present box for a friend's birthday in the summer. There were other sat navs reduced too. There was a sony dsw510 camera there at €56 too which seemed an ok price.

Morphy Richards Professional Stainless Steel Deep Fat Fryer at €14 in Douglas but worth checking the price in other stores,
    210-7949_PI_TPS857918?wid=250&hei=250&$Detail$

And I don't want to moan but if the items are yellow/reduced stickered can people please say that as it generally means that it is store specific. Thanks.

No Tomtoms in Maynooth today anyway.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭viv2

triona1 wrote: »
    Anyone any info on the denby delph yet.

They had some in arklow last week with yellow stickers reduced to 40 something ? It was the james martin everyday set I think not the standard denby boxed set.
    They also had a Gordon Ramsey set reduced to 24 but only in blue, and a couple of tesco own branded sets.

BOBS 1500 watt power washer for 15 euro 70 cents in Tesco Omni Park......(originally 65 euro reduced down to 31 euro)

I dont need this (allready have 2 power washers),but when I saw it for 15 euro,I thought fcuk it,Ill buy it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BlueKi

Theres SanDisk Ultra 16gb, class 6 full size SD cards for sale in Douglas and Paul Street for 11e. There down from like 40e

There a good quality card always good to have a few spare around. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

I was in tesco yesterday and a lot of the ink cartridges were reduced. A colour cartridge was down to 2.75

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

BlueKi wrote: »
    Theres SanDisk Ultra 16gb, class 6 full size SD cards for sale in Douglas and Paul Street for 11e. There down from like 40e

There a good quality card always good to have a few spare around. :)

Not a bargain for a CL6 card- if you go to Memoryc.com (who are an Irish company) its actually cheaper for an identical card there. If it were MicroSD and CL10- I'd consider it. Its seriously not a bargain though- even at 11e.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Thanks picked up the toilet roll in drogheda there was no price at all on the shelf, there was loads left after I got my 5 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

PinkFly wrote: »
    Thanks picked up the toilet roll in drogheda there was no price at all on the shelf, there was loads left after I got my 5 :)

None to be seen in Mullingar (or at least that I can see).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement