Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Encounters

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Michael Kinane, Johnny Murtagh, Sadler's Wells, Grand Lodge, Vincent O'Brien.
    <--- Diomed was the first winner of the English Derby in 1780.
    I like betting. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Saw Meatloaf in a restaurant window one time.

I was reading the menu, does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

i saw lord lucan riding shergar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

kingtiger wrote: »
    Met Robert Plant yesterday in the Palace Bar in Dublin

got a pic with him

My year is made :)

:-O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Once served Ronan Keating when i worked in a deli/butcher's counter back in the day. Told him we had no chicken fillets left. Poor lad wasn't impressed.

Also met Gabriel Byrne, Bono, Brendan O'Connor and Dara O'Briain.

My brother went on the piss with some of the lads from the Chinese Democracy version of Guns N Roses

Edit: I also met Bill Clinton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

ThatFatGal wrote: »
    Met John Boy (Aka Little Finger from Games of Thrones) on Dawson Street loadsa times! He is actually quite small and very unassuming looking! :) Lotsa grey hair but nice looking fella

so he actually does look like the book character at least.
    Sean Bean was too old to play a 35 year old character....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

met the lead singer of Dexys Midnight Runners Kevin Rowlands in a cafe in rathmines many years ago he wasn't rude so much just not very talkative, i think he was annoyed i recognized him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

anncoates wrote: »
    Louis Walsh gave me what can only be traumatically described as a flirtatious eye while walking past me in town one Christmas.

Louis' brother is actually married to my aunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I was in London in 2009, and we were walking down the street and Damian Lewis with a friend came out of a door, and a bunch of paparazzi came over to them. About 10 seconds later britney spears came out of another door further down (on the same street. All the paparazzi came over to her instead, and Damian Lewis says to us (well to the street in general) '**** OFF THE LOT OF YOU'

Edit - ronan keating lives in my estate, I see around all the time. He's a nob.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Crumpets wrote: »
    I met the mammy from Crystal Swing. Beat that :pac:

I've met all three of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Met Brendan O' Carroll, I think he was doing something for that Who Do You Think You Are programme at the time. A gentleman, very unassuming and friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Was on a moving stairs with two of Spandau Ballet back in the 80's. They were being followed by a posse of young ones. Yer man I was with said to one of them "Do ye get this everywhere?" to which yer man replied "Not in Zimbabwe we don't".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Had a sing off with Brian may in a hotel bar in South Africa years ago, he was actually very impressed with my singing voice :cool:

And met Graham Norton in a pub, went on to have a few bottles with him and his entourage because I was irish and on my own, he took pity on me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Met Jimmy Carr after a gig in UK, great laugh. Sammy Hagar from Van Halen stayed in same hotel as us in Italy and we drank in the evenings with him and family for the week, seriously cool guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I met Ray D'Arcy once. Ray fücken D'Arcy! Would you ever believe it?! 'Twas some sight… seeing a bald midget riding a bike. I'll never forget the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

you know it's good luck if you rub a midget's head....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Met the space rock group Hawkwind at the entrance to the Glasgow Barrowlands in 1985, suitably stoned, Alan Davies the bassist at the time asked if we wanted some autographs, my mate suggested that he would like his roll up autographed to which Davies signed it and my mate then smoked. I then passed Davies a spliff which he went to sign and I said: "No, thats for smokin man." To which he started smoking it, twas a good night.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    you know it's good luck if you rub a midget's head....

I tried to but I couldn't get my car in close enough. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Met the space rock group Hawkwind at the entrance to the Glasgow Barrowlands in 1985, suitably stoned, Alan Davies the bassist at the time asked if we wanted some autographs, my mate suggested that he would like his roll up autographed to which Davies signed it and he then smoked it. I then passed Davies a spliff which he went to sign and I said: "No, thats for smokin man." To which he started smoking it, twas a good night.

Ya it sounds it

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I worked in a hotel once that was hosting the darts player Keith Deller for a small tournie, the porter told me that he found him strolling down the hotel floor in his boxers in the middle of the night, and then tried to pay for his room service with a bookie slip that he signed his name on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Soft inda Head

I bumped into Patrick Bergin outside the gates of Trinity College one evening. We were both rushing in opposite directions - almost sent me flying. Solid guy and is much taller than he looks on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Yer Aul One

I spilled orange juice over Anna Scott once when I was working in a bookshop in Notting Hill.

She was fair sound about it though, gave me the ride sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

What a boring thread.

C'mon AH - where's the dirt on these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Got chatting to a very drunk Eddie Izzard on the Subway in New York once. Nice chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I met Isobel Mahon, from Glenroe, the other day in my local shop.

Jealous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I was standing outside the Sydney State Theatre last week for the world premiere of Angelina Jolie's new film. She was working the crowd for about an hour. I was enjoying the buzz and energy around the place, but I felt a bit indifferent about her actual presence. However, that changed when I found myself standing a few feet away from her. She is unusually beautiful. Of course she's also very intelligent, eloquent and talented. But my god, she's an absolute belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Some of Showbands was filmed here so saw Kerry Katona and Liam Cunninghan.

Kerry Katona is very small in real life, not a bad looking woman though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Was Michael Sheen's bodyguard in Laws Of Attraction in 2004, also got to meet Julianne Moore & Pierce Brosnan who were both very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    Was Michael Sheen's bodyguard in Laws Of Attraction in 2004, also got to meet Julianne Moore & Pierce Brosnan who were both very nice.

Played pool with Pat Shorte one Sunday morning in Thurles back in the 90's. I think I won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

I used to hate threads like this when a certain poster was still around...

**** like "I have worked closely with some high profile people indeed, in the political field and the entertainment business. I know more about them than any journalist, but please do not ask me to name names. It would not be wise of me to do so."

Advertisement