Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 12 match day thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Green
    Bertrand-Dummett-Duff
    Di Maria-Hazard-Sanchez-Wanyama
    Aguero (c)c-Costa- Pelle

Elliot, Boyd, Wisdom, Pieters

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Morning lads!

I've got the following today:

b277c6d18faffb12857602701f3473ff.png

Disappointing that Wilson is almost certainly out and Baines is a doubt. I think if the aforementioned had been fit I could have been in for a decent score at the back (QPR H, Burnley H, WHU H and Villa A), but at least I'll have two players that play coming in for them if not I guess.

I took my second -4 of the season to go Fabregas -> Hazard and Lloris -> Krul, so hopefully that will pay off as Hazard seeks his third home double points haul in a row.

Good luck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    2 facts about rooney
    1. he loves a goal against arsenal
    2. his scoring comes in 3\4 game bursts.
    I hope I'm ahead of the pack on this one :D
    of course I'm choosing to ignore the fact he is playing very deep :p

Due to his reasonably low ownership ill display no bitterness and be mildly happy for you if rooney scores for you this week ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Would people play Siggy (v man city) or wanyama (v villa) chambers (v man utd) or trippier (v stoke)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

auldgranny wrote: »
    Would people play Siggy (v man city) or wanyama (v villa) chambers (v man utd) or trippier (v stoke)

never bench siggy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,499 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Some on FFS has posted this, make of it what you will
    Everton Squad: Howard, Coleman, Distin, Jagielka, Garbutt, Gibson, McGeady, McCarthy, Barkley, Osman, Lukaku, Robles, Browning, Hibbert, Pienaar, Besic, Atsu, Naismith, Eto'o.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Regretted not captaining Aguero last time out, making the same mistake and going with Costa, i'm a fool

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

KevIRL wrote: »

That'd be grand. Have baines in my team and if he doesn't play, dummett comes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

All these injuries and doubts are leaving me wondering and lost :(...

Team is:
    Krul
    Baines Wilson Clyne
    Sanchez Fab Chadli Downing
    Costa Aguero Pellè
    Elliott; King, Wisdom, Naylor

Ideally I'd ditch Downing & Wilson but don't see obvious candidates and as Lemlin said it may prove valuable to go into the upcoming 3 games a week with 2 FT.
    manual_man's Isla is tempting alright. Yun (price) is even more appealing but is he a guaranteed starter? And as I've seen while analysing the GKs stats QPR away form is dire.
    Also I've £0.5m in bank and my masterplan was always to bring ADM back next week and unless Baines is out for longer than this week only I may need to downgrade Wilson instead of upgrading him...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I see a lot of people benching\selling Fabregas and Baines. I have those 2 and Welbeck with next to no cover.

Whats the story with them all folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If that's correct then it's Chambers and Neil Taylor likely in for Wilson and Baines. Manchester United at home and Manchester City away as opposed to two home games vs Burnley and a depleted West Ham is annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

If I manage to field 11 I'll be happy.
    Duff is my only defender that I'm confident to start, the others all have some sort of doubt but I don't know which to transfer so just going to leave it:
    Baines, Hutton, STaylor, Moore.
    Also have Sakho up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Having made my 2 transfers a little under 2 weeks ago I'm in a pretty zen like state this morning as opposed to a little over 2 weeks ago and I was freaking out about Sanchez and not getting him in :pac:

I now have Sanchez and a -4 start.

De Gea
    Clyne - Duff - Yun
    Sanchez - Hazard - Tadic - Siggy
    Pelle - Costa - Aguero (c)

Hamer - Marney - Moore - Coloccini.

I think I'll fight those remaining urges to captain Hazard, having him is enough for now I guess. In Sergio we trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Any word on Schneiderlin and Dowing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

My defence is a bit ****e this week but guessing defenders for clean sheets has been fairly dodgy this year. No real guaranteed cleanies and 3/4s of my defenders have far better fixtures coming up so I'll suck up the not-so-good score this week.

Not really expecting good things this week, but sure you never know. Captaining Aguero cos he's a beast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

taken a minus 4. hopefully I can have 11 playing with all these doubts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭remoteboy

km79 wrote: »
    never bench siggy

I'm benching Siggy. Looking at the stats he's done nothing away from home since the first day of the season. Taking a punt on Wanyama.

Krul
    Baines Moore Bertrand
    Wanyama Fabregas Sanchez ADM
    Costa Aguero (c) Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Shipped out Welbeck & PVA for Austin & Duff.

Means I kept Pelle instead of getting Costa in. So another one on Costa fear alert today!

Captain Aguero... lets go!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭dahat

11.29 late move Downing out Milner in as a ft. Rival took a -8 so plenty leeway.

Tadic and Milner out next week.

****balls....too late and think Milner is on my bench. Time to go and hide till 11.50

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dónal wrote: »
    Looking forward to this kicking off.

I spent a bit of time looking up Leicester city forums to see whether they think Moore will start, and half think he might (or perhaps hope he might). They are saying the diamond formation they went with isn't working, so some changes should happen this weekend.

I'm leaning towards putting Moore in instead of Jedinak at the moment, but the fact Moore came on mid game last time may be a bit of a worry.

Moore came on because De Laet the right back got injured. The game before he didn't start and never came on. I'm hoping he'll either start or not play, although a one pointer could be more than my subs Wisdom or Naylor score!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Any word on Schneiderlin and Dowing?
    Late answer but...

Ben Dinnery @BenDinnery · 12 h il y a 12 heures Sakho, Downing & Valencia ruled OUT against #EFC on Saturday. Zarate [late test] but Reid has been passed fit [via @whustuff]

----

Did nothing to my team. in the end. Will need some kind of miracle this week...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Just logged in and found Duff is in my starting 11 ffs. That wasn't meant to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Last minute changes.

Armband from Costa to Aguero, with the amount captaining Aguro, not sure I can take a chance on a differential, and Downing benched in place of Siggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

remoteboy wrote: »
    I'm benching Siggy. Looking at the stats he's done nothing away from home since the first day of the season. Taking a punt on Wanyama.

Krul
    Baines Moore Bertrand
    Wanyama Fabregas Sanchez ADM
    Costa Aguero (c) Austin

stats mean nothing

(Bites fingernails)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Last minute changes.

Armband from Costa to Aguero, with the amount captaining Aguro, not sure I can take a chance on a differential, and Downing benched in place of Siggy.

It'll be interesting to see the captains numbers for the top teams the ownership was pretty close I would imagine most would go for Aguero too though.
    70/30 split maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hazard as captain it is. Chill out and wait for lineups now :)

Guzan(Gilks)
    Baines Moore Clyne (Duff, Dummett)
    Hazard AdM Sanchez Siggy (King)
    Costa(VC) Rooney Austin

No hits

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Not really surprising. Ben Dinnery has said all week that Baines was highly doubtful.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

krul
    duff clyne moore
    sanchez ADM downing tadic
    pelle costa(C) Aguero

jakupovic cattermole chambers N taylor

didn't get a chance to log on this morning, so captaincy remains with costa. Will probably have first two subs coming in with downing looking like being out and with uncertainty over moore.

I'm pretty much the only person in top 10 of my league that went aguero captain! a lot went Costa over him and some still don't have him .
    one lad who moved above me has Pelle and Berhainho up top. pelle captain . surely to god I'll pass him . if not I give up

• Advertisement

its fellainis bday today
    he also loves playing arsenal
    think Ill back him to score any time !

Advertisement