Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General FPL Chat 2014/15 MOD WARNING POST 1839

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I can't believe Ffs do not have a mobile friendly site in this day & age.

I do 90% of my browsing on mobiles and it's a nightmare looking at stats and such on their site this way.
    Think they want you to buy the app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Gatame wrote: »
    Who is your 5th midfielder? I think I'll be picking a 5th midfielder/3rd striker that rotate well with each other:

I like Arfield @ 5.0 (Burnley) / Jelavic @ 6.0 (Hull). Wickham and Austin both look ok at 6.0 too.

My midfield Mata, Sanchez, Eriksen,de jong and tadic , de jong is my cheapest at 7.0 and a lot of people are oblivious to how good he is the, the same with tadic, the both of them scored a lot of goals in Holland and are more forwards than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭8-10

My midfield Mata, Sanchez, Eriksen,de jong and tadic , de jong is my cheapest at 7.0 and a lot of people are oblivious to how good he is the, the same with tadic, the both of them scored a lot of goals in Holland and are more forwards than anything else

Do you rate Tadic above Markovic?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lads like Alfonso Alves also scored alot of goals in Holland!

It's a fairly weak league from what I know if it so I'm always sceptical of lads coming from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

I have De Jong in my team as well. I'm wary of southampton players until we see how they perform pre-season and how they start of. You could switch tadic for Sidwell and have enough for Bony, (Swansea rotate with Stoke, and stoke at home are very tough to beat, if sidwell's playing every game 5.5 isn't bad at all).

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    Lads like Alfonso Alves also scored alot of goals in Holland!

It's a fairly weak league from what I know if it so I'm always sceptical of lads coming from there.

Yeah that Dutch league is very hit or miss. Wouldn't read much into records there. There's as many flops as successes

Taking the chance on De Jong for now anyway. Will be easy to ship him out for someone .5 cheaper e.g Johnson (Who I think could be decent value @ 6.5) or one of the stoke boys. He scored in their pre-season game this week and looks like he will be on penalties for the year. I know the dutch league is pretty weak but he did captain Ajax the last two years (4 year win streak in the Eredivise) and Pardew obviously thinks highly of him giving him vice-captaincy right of the bat and with Riviere on his own for now he should be playing fairly far forward. It's still very early but I'm very optimistic for Newcastle this year, especially if they can follow through and sign another couple of players. (To go with Cabella, Rivierre, Janmaat & De Jong)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lovren expected to finalise move to Liverpool
    Hmm, I wonder who will start out of Skrtel, Lovren, and Sakho

• Registered Users Posts: 16,633 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'd imagine Lovren will be first choice IMO, likes a goal or two as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Any Villa fans think that Bent might get much game time this year? Will Benteke be fit by the time the league starts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dahat wrote: »
    I'd imagine Lovren will be first choice IMO, likes a goal or two as well.

goals stats for him arent that high (actually)! 2 last year then 2 in 70 odd apearances before that. big lump of a lad he should be doing better!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

what striker for 6.5m is the best option

Diouf

Wickham's rejected a new contract and doesn't look at all keen on staying at sunderland, where might he end up?

Any Villa fans think that Bent might get much game time this year? Will Benteke be fit by the time the league starts?

Bent won't play under Lambert no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Lemlin wrote: »
    Bent won't play under Lambert no matter what.

I'm inclined to agree with you, though Lambert did extend some kind of olive branch recently so i'm a little bit tempted by choosing him. However, my head tells me it's not a good idea, even if would be for the position of a mostly unused 3rd striker, better to have one that is guaranteed to play right more than just in the league cup right?

If I hear good things over the coming weeks I might change my mind. They did spend quite a lot on him and he's only got 12 months on his contract, the whole situation seems a bit nuts to me. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

I'm inclined to agree with you, though Lambert did extend some kind of olive branch recently so i'm a little bit tempted by choosing him. However, my head tells me it's not a good idea, even if would be for the position of a mostly unused 3rd striker, better to have one that is guaranteed to play right more than just in the league cup right?

If I hear good things over the coming weeks I might change my mind. They did spend quite a lot on him and he's only got 12 months on his contract, the whole situation seems a bit nuts to me. I'll definitely keep an eye on it.

He couldn't even get his game for Fulham last season though. His best years appear to be light years behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,058 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Gatame wrote: »
    Wickham's rejected a new contract and doesn't look at all keen on staying at sunderland, where might he end up?

If that's true, that is complete and utter disrespect to Sunderland.

he was a waste of space until 8 games ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Any 4 million defenders likely to start other than Targett? Looking in the Burnley/Leicester direction

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    Any 4 million defenders likely to start other than Targett? Looking in the Burnley/Leicester direction

Duff as things stand depends if they sign anyone which I think they will . Burnleys back 4 last year Trippier shackell duff mee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

wisdom to complete a loan move from Liverpool to West Brom and he's listed as 4m

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    Do you rate Tadic above Markovic?

I think Markovic will eventually be the better player but for now Id have Tadic who has a better goal scoring record and is more guaranteed his place

If as expected Sigurdsson moves to Swansea at 6m he has to be seriously considered

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Do people reckon Debuchy will be a regular first team player straight off the bat this season for Arsenal or will he be eased into the squad? Any Arsenal fans want to give some input into this?

I expect Matt Upson (4.0) to start CB for Leicester.

First choice back line should be:
    De Laet - Morgan - Upson - Konchesky

Edit: If he doesn't start it will be one of their other 4.0 centerhalves (Wasilewski or Moore) who seemed to split gametime last season.

Do people reckon Debuchy will be a regular first team player straight off the bat this season for Arsenal or will he be eased into the squad? Any Arsenal fans want to give some input into this?

He'll be straight in. He's to replace Sagna. He has experience of the league so there'd be no reason to ease him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Straight in. Our only backup is Jenkinson, who isn't anywhere near Debuchy's quality yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SlickRic wrote: »
    If that's true, that is complete and utter disrespect to Sunderland.

he was a waste of space until 8 games ago.

He's just trying to get the best deal he can get from the club which any of us would do in his case, but I wouldn't have any hard feelings towards him if things don't work themselves out with a new deal.

It took 4 years and about 900 managers before he finally got a proper chance. Now, that may not be a coincidence, but looking at it from his point of view I could understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Does anyone know if there's anywhere to see full fpl stats from last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Remy to undergo medical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm going to make a bold statement here which may or may not be popular:

I think it would have been better if Alexis Sanchez had been listed as a forward.

There I've said. With the plethora of midfield options and the distinct lack of great options up front it would be easier to fit him into a team. Realistically you could have 3 Arsenal midfielders in Ramsey, Ozil and Sanchez and it wouldn't be totally crazy.

Advertisement