Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The FSA Draft -Chat and Banter.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »
    Didn't think I'd get a chance to get him in!
    I like the balance of my team now.... time to move up :)

Ye 2 good moves by you. Im hoping walcott will be the key man for me from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Who's go is it now? I know Slingerz missed his turn, and it's now almost 2 hours since Parlance went, does that mean it's over to me now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

manual_man wrote: »
    Who's go is it now? I know Slingerz missed his turn, and it's now almost 2 hours since Parlance went, does that mean it's over to me now?

Go ahead, those were the rules. Can those who've missed their go have another chance at the end or can they jump in at any time?
    Are we just to skip roryc altogether, as far as I know his ban is permanent on this forum but he is still (barely) active on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I'm confused! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Go ahead, those were the rules. Can those who've missed their go have another chance at the end or can they jump in at any time?

They can jump in any time up until no.1 makes their selection.

Actually it's their tough luck for missing their chance, as per rule 7.
    Transfer window closes when no.1 makes their selection or when the two hours are up - whichever is first.
    Are we just to skip roryc altogether, as far as I know his ban is permanent on this forum but he is still (barely) active on boards?

He can PM his selections, if he's bothered.

Aahhh... cheers!

Bit of work in figuring out who is available by the time it gets to me :rolleyes:

Sitting in second however so perhaps it's a case of if it's not broken don't fix it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I am wondering if my team may actually be worse since I made my transfers.
    Mc Geady and Ozil out for Wanyama and Moses. I suppose at least the latter 2 should actually start matches...where as the former didnt.
    Still have my keeper McGregor out injured, but he is due back.
    And then there is Rojo. He could be out for a long while.
    And Rooney is playing deep.
    And Kompany is playing for an out of form team.

Sigh.

I am wondering if my team may actually be worse since I made my transfers.
    Mc Geady and Ozil out for Wanyama and Moses. I suppose at least the latter 2 should actually start matches...where as the former didnt.
    Still have my keeper McGregor out injured, but he is due back.
    And then there is Rojo. He could be out for a long while.
    And Rooney is playing deep.
    And Kompany is playing for an out of form team.

Sigh.

pibcmpqgu.pngI've seen a few changes made today which I think will weaken the teams, there's a very good chance that yours will backfire but it'll hardly be spectacular. How far has Ozil fallen when Wanyama is considered a decent alternative??

How far has Ozil fallen when Wanyama is considered a decent alternative??

Words I never thought I would hear on here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Happy with Barkley in for Schurlle myself. Was going to bring Berahino in for Eto'o but Lucas Hood just nabbed him before me, anything else seemed sidewards or backwards now that he's getting game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

pibcmpqgu.pngI've seen a few changes made today which I think will weaken the teams, there's a very good chance that yours will backfire but it'll hardly be spectacular. How far has Ozil fallen when Wanyama is considered a decent alternative??

I definitely took a couple of punts on my changes! My defence got 21 out of my 23 points this week, so wasn't going to change those. Mirallas and Countinho on the other hand have been brutal (though I think Mirallas is nearly back)!

I definitely took a couple of punts on my changes! My defence got 21 out of my 23 points this week, so wasn't going to change those. Mirallas and Countinho on the other hand have been brutal (though I think Mirallas is nearly back)!

Coutinho has actually looked very sharp lately and (possibly) nailed down a starting spot. I took out Ade who is subject to rotation now it seems, and hadn't done much anyway. Was glad to snap up Benteke, banned for the next couple of games i think, but he's the main man at Villa, and, well i really rate him. Bardsley's been rubbish for me, lack of cs but always picking up bookings and his place looks under threat - got in Caulker for him - i'm hoping he'll do ok for me 'til the next transfer window :p Lallana who i have is another concern with limited game time lately, but alas only the 2 transfers! :p

manual_man wrote: »
    ... but alas only the 2 transfers! :p

I am kinda regretting that rule now. I could have done with at least one more.
    Next transfer window seems a long ways away.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Jovetic scores and is involved in loads.... Good lad... You did SFA until I drafted you out!!!! :(

:)

Dear Patrons,
    The first game week since our transfer window- we would expect to see some big scores and a higher average
    The big news is that Copper pipe is back...and back on top of the league. There are a good few teams in the hunt though and a lot can happen in the next 25 weeks.
    $hifty has consolidated his place at the foot of the table with a depressingly low 4 points, for the second week in a row. He is now 23 points adrift at the foot of the league. Bad luck that one of his transfers, Downing, called in sick on his first day of duty.
    CSF meanwhile is top dog for the week showing that those of us in the bottom half of the table still have a little fight left in us.
    The average score this week has dropped to just over 15 points. Looks like the transfer window has not helped our averages.

Player Goalkeeper Defender 1 Defender 2 Midfielder 1 Midfielder 2 Forward Wk12 Total
    1 Copper Pipe Krul Williams O'Shea Di María Özil Pellè 26 210
    2 Bezuaua Foster Ivanovic Collins Tadic Navas Agüero 18 206
    3 Spacecowb0y Adrián Baines Taylor Fábregas Routledge Valencia 18 203
    4 Nuts 102 Szczesny Janmaat Rose Yaya Touré Matic Bony 27 190
    5 RoryC Heaton Zabaleta Fonte Eriksen Cazorla Giroud 23 190
    6 Shano88 Green Coleman Jenkinson Sánchez Henderson Diouf 8 185
    7 Mr Prodson Lloris Mertesacker Rangel Hazard Barkley Eto'o 24 172
    8 F1ngers Courtois Clyne Coloccini Schneiderlin Diamé Falcao 15 158
    9 Iused2likebusts Begovic Azpilicueta Cresswell Walcott Oscar Diego Costa 20 157
    10 Lucas Hood Fabianski Rafael Jagielka Mata Shelvey Berahino 8 149
    11 Manual man Speroni Moreno Caulker Lallana Mané Benteke 11 139
    12 The whole year inn Hart Demichelis Distin Gerrard Ki Sung-Yueng Welbeck 11 137
    13 CSF Schmeichel Terry Bertrand Lamela Fellaini Van Persie 28 130
    14 PARlance Howard Jones Alderweireld Sigurdsson Chadli Austin 8 127
    15 Swiper the Fox De Gea Koscielny Skrtel Nasri Mirallas Lukaku 14 125
    16 Slingerz Guzan Lovren Trippier Sterling Pienaar Rivière 8 125
    17 One Cold hand Forster Cahill Vlaar Milner Walters Sturridge 18 121
    18 Dahat Mignolet Vertonghen Yun Silva Puncheon Ayoze 9 105
    19 Trigger Happy McGregor Kompany Rojo Wanyama Moses Rooney 14 104
    20 $hifty Mannone Shawcross Shaw Downing Ramsey Sakho 4 81

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Glad to see that keeping Sturridge in the transfer window paid off for me!

I think I'm cursed in this game, like a reverse king midas. Everything I touch turns to sh!t.

oh deary dear :pac: i still maintain hope :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

My walcott gamble is costing me big time in this.

• Advertisement

Valencia didnt even get a sniff of the pitch for what its worth! Quality transfer... burrrpp!

Player Goalkeeper Defender 1 Defender 2 Midfielder 1 Midfielder 2 Forward Wk13 Total
    1 Bezuaua Foster Ivanovic Collins Tadic Navas Agüero 29 235
    2 Copper Pipe Krul Williams O'Shea Di María Özil Pellè 10 220
    3 Spacecowb0y Adrián Baines Taylor Fábregas Routledge Valencia 17 220
    4 RoryC Heaton Zabaleta Fonte Eriksen Cazorla Giroud 30 220
    5 Nuts 102 Szczesny Janmaat Rose Yaya Touré Matic Bony 21 211
    6 Shano88 Green Coleman Jenkinson Sánchez Henderson Diouf 15 200
    7 Mr Prodson Lloris Mertesacker Rangel Hazard Barkley Eto'o 18 190
    8 Iused2likebusts Begovic Azpilicueta Cresswell Walcott Oscar Diego Costa 28 185
    9 F1ngers Courtois Clyne Coloccini Schneiderlin Diamé Falcao 12 170
    10 Lucas Hood Fabianski Rafael Jagielka Mata Shelvey Berahino 11 160
    11 The whole year inn Hart Demichelis Distin Gerrard Ki Sung-Yueng Welbeck 23 160
    12 Swiper the Fox De Gea Koscielny Skrtel Nasri Mirallas Lukaku 30 155
    13 CSF Schmeichel Terry Bertrand Lamela Fellaini Van Persie 21 151
    14 Manual man Speroni Moreno Caulker Lallana Mané Benteke 9 148
    15 PARlance Howard Jones Alderweireld Sigurdsson Chadli Austin 20 147
    16 One Cold hand Forster Cahill Vlaar Milner Walters Sturridge 14 135
    17 Slingerz Guzan Lovren Trippier Sterling Pienaar Rivière 9 134
    18 Trigger Happy McGregor Kompany Rojo Wanyama Moses Rooney 20 124
    19 Dahat Mignolet Vertonghen Yun Silva Puncheon Ayoze 13 118
    20 $hifty Mannone Shawcross Shaw Downing Ramsey Sakho 7 88

Dear Patrons,
    Welcome to the start of the festive season! Some of our managers seem to have started the festivities early judging by the scores this week.
    This big news is that Bezuaua has ousted Copper pipe from the summit and done so with a glittering 15 point gap. Rory C, gone but not forgotten, is still making his presence felt and joins Copper Pipe and Spacecowb0y in joint second place. It will take a few Christmas Crackers to sort that lot out. Nuts and Shano88 are still sniffing around though.
    $hifty has increased his gap at the bottom to 30 points. He really is determined to hold on to his wooden spoon placing, not even Mrs Claus could get a rise out of $hifty at the moment.
    Swiper and Rory C are top scorers for the week with 30 points.
    The average score this week jumped to 18 points but over 30 players scored 0 this week. That number can only increase over the busy Christmas period.

Dear Patrons,
    Not too much movement in the league this week.
    Bezuaua increased his lead at the top to 20 points. Copper pipe is doing a Southampton and dropping down the table. Rory C and Spacecowb0y keep the pressure on at the top but Shano88 is getting in on the action up there too.

$hifty has broken in to double figures for the first time in a while. And things do start to look better for him with Downing facing some tasty fixtures, Shaw on the comeback from injury, Ramsey finally getting some points and Sakho due back this weekend. But I don’t think Bezuaua will be too worried.
    Does anyone actually read these reports?!
    Swiper’s 31 points sees him top of the weekly rankings for the second week in a row and continue his climb up the table from 15th in GW11 to 10th this week. The average score this week holds steady at 18 points but 42 players contributed 0 or less. Those of us at the bottom of the table could do with a winter wildcard.

Player Goalkeeper Defender 1 Defender 2 Midfielder 1 Midfielder 2 Forward Wk14 Total
    1 Bezuaua Foster Ivanovic Collins Tadic Navas Agüero 30 265
    2 Spacecowb0y Adrián Baines Taylor Fábregas Routledge Valencia 25 245
    3 RoryC Heaton Zabaleta Fonte Eriksen Cazorla Giroud 20 240
    4 Copper Pipe Krul Williams O'Shea Di María Özil Pellè 10 230
    5 Shano88 Green Coleman Jenkinson Sánchez Henderson Diouf 27 227
    6 Nuts 102 Szczesny Janmaat Rose Yaya Touré Matic Bony 15 226
    7 Mr Prodson Lloris Mertesacker Rangel Hazard Barkley Eto'o 22 212
    8 Iused2likebusts Begovic Azpilicueta Cresswell Walcott Oscar Diego Costa 21 206
    9 The whole year inn Hart Demichelis Distin Gerrard Ki Sung-Yueng Welbeck 27 187
    10 Swiper the Fox De Gea Koscielny Skrtel Nasri Mirallas Lukaku 31 186
    11 F1ngers Courtois Clyne Coloccini Schneiderlin Diamé Falcao 10 180
    12 Lucas Hood Fabianski Rafael Jagielka Mata Shelvey Berahino 20 180
    13 CSF Schmeichel Terry Bertrand Lamela Fellaini Van Persie 21 172
    14 Manual man Speroni Moreno Caulker Lallana Mané Benteke 18 166
    15 PARlance Howard Jones Alderweireld Sigurdsson Chadli Austin 9 156
    16 Slingerz Guzan Lovren Trippier Sterling Pienaar Rivière 18 152
    17 One Cold hand Forster Cahill Vlaar Milner Walters Sturridge 9 144
    18 Trigger Happy McGregor Kompany Rojo Wanyama Moses Rooney 6 130
    19 Dahat Mignolet Vertonghen Yun Silva Puncheon Ayoze 5 123
    20 $hifty Mannone Shawcross Shaw Downing Ramsey Sakho 13 101

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I read them :)

I do too, though it ain't pretty reading for my group of lads. I took a chance on benteke at the start and the ungrateful fcuker got sent off in his first game for me.

Then I got rid of him, and he scores on his first day back. Hes dead to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

The reports for me are gonna get worse I think as Christmas approaches

Bezuaua i'm gunning for that No.1 spot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm not even in the draft and I read them. I should post that in the addicted to FPL thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,924 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'd be delighted with a top 10 finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Bezuaua i'm gunning for that No.1 spot!!

Agüero says: "the least you can do is try" :D

Advertisement