Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Yet more Founders Porter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Trouble whistle-blower. Really is a step up for them. Hope they keep it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Corca Dhuibhne Golden Ale. It's golden, cloudy and very, very sour. I love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yet more Founders Porter.

This is godlike...Going to have to clone it

RasTa wrote: »
    This is godlike...Going to have to clone it

Funnily enough that's my plan too! Will send you on some of the recipes I found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Got a couple of Smithwicks Pale Ales hanging out at the back of my fridge, Sunday night with a curry. Cannot wait!

A Ruthless Rye IPA from Sierra Nevada. Very enjoyable..
    Also had a few O'Haras pale ale in the local.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Rinkuškiai Exclusive 15%

A fairly potent Doppelbock that's surprisingly drinkable for its ridiculously high abv. I like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Rinkuškiai Exclusive 15%

A fairly potent Doppelbock that's surprisingly drinkable for its ridiculously high abv. I like this.

Having a few of them? :D

Heroditas wrote: »
    Having a few of them? :D

Ha. No, one is more than enough! :)

• Advertisement

A session ale!

A session ale!

Mix it with a 2 litre bottle of Ballygowan and you'd be sorted for the night! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Lagunitas Imperial Red Ale, this was one to let warm up as the flavours came out. As much as it improved, I found it blanded out slightly after a while. For a beer close to 8% it was very easy to drink.
    I also had their Maximus IPA again during the week. Lovely beer, I defintely felt that ones strength. Especially with a 22 oz bottle, I felt like a nap afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭jsa112

had franciscan well special's jameson aged stout, and coffee porter, both quite good, pity they aren't part of their core range. anybody seen any other coffee porters around ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Bit dull tonight got a 5 for E10 Weiss / Red Franciscan well mix.

Hadn't tried a Mine Head from Dungarvan before so threw that in as well. Think it is quite a nice effort at an APA which probably my most favouite style, definately see myself picking up more of it in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Drinking an Oakham Citra. As you may gather from the name it's a single hop citra pale ale. Light to medium bodied, very easy to drink at 4.6%. Not mega hopped like an american pale ale but still let's the flavour of the Citra shine through very well. A very enjoyable beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Started off with a Dungarvan Mine Head - not bad.
    Then had a Kinnegar Limeburner - not impressed at all, very bland.
    Now having an Of Foam and Fury. No description required.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Thornbridge sequoia, then twin peaks.

The sequoia amber was quite nice, not the most amber if that makes sense.

Twin peaks nothing to write home about at all, the finish was very thin

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Picked up two Haandbryggeriet beers at the Oslo airport - Humlekanon was an excellent IPA with tons of hops and nice malts too. But the star of the pick was Norwegian Wood - a smoked beer with juniper berries. The smokiness was far from cloying and mixed incredibly with the almost tart arome of the juniper. The result was absolutely beautiful and unparalleled. It almost tasted like a brett beer without the medicinal tones. Unique and very complex...now I need more but I've only seen it in that one place...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 Hidden Cyclone

Was at home today so picked up a few Wexford brews (well they say they're from Wexford, hopefully people won't correct me that they're brewed elsewhere)

Blackstairs Brewing - a ruby pale ale apparently

And I picked up a porter and pale ale from a crowd called Jack Doyle's. I'll probably only have the Blackstairs tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Black's KPA dry hopped with topaz in the cask is pretty amazing in Bierhaus, Cork.
    And at €3 a pint for Beoir members it's unbeatable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 Hidden Cyclone

Was at home today so picked up a few Wexford brews (well they say they're from Wexford, hopefully people won't correct me that they're brewed elsewhere)

Blackstairs Brewing - a ruby pale ale apparently

And I picked up a porter and pale ale from a crowd called Jack Doyle's. I'll probably only have the Blackstairs tonight

The Blackstairs was ok if pricey to my untrained taste. May well try again.

The Jack Doyle's was piss poor, especially the pale ale. Poured like a can of Dutch Gold and only barely tasted better.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Heroditas wrote: »
    Started off with a Dungarvan Mine Head - not bad.
    Then had a Kinnegar Limeburner - not impressed at all, very bland.
    Now having an Of Foam and Fury. No description required.

I tried 2/3 different beers out of the Kinnegar range a couple of weeks ago, can't remember the exact names but found the same thing with them all really, quite bland and a bit watery.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

(well they say they're from Wexford, hopefully people won't correct me that they're brewed elsewhere)

Blackstairs Brewing
    Brewed in Meath :D (sorry)

Mikkeller 1000 IBU

Think I'll need to stay off the beer for a while after this one as there'd be no point in trying to taste anything else after this has stripped my taste buds down to their bare nerves.

God this is bitter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

new Belgium's Summer Helles, lovely easy drinking beer. I got a citrusy taste from it with a Pilsnery type finish that reminded me of Sierra Nevada Summerfest.
    Sierra Nevada Flipside IPA, not crazy about it. It reminded me of another red ale I gad a while back.
    Lagunits Lil Sumpin Sumpin Extra. This is a special release of their Lil Sumpin Sumpin Wheat Ale which is great, the extra is also excellent but with a more malty tase (it's a DIPA).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I laid my hands on InishmacSaint at the weekend and had them last night. It wasn't too bad as a mid way session beer. Ample taste in it yet it wasn't too powerful to make off putting and it was fairly lively from the bottle. I've had better than it but I've had far worse; it's one to buy and let sit a while before drinking as it can take a bit of conditioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Williams Joker I.P.A - Borning and weak flavoured.

Kinnegar Scraggy Bay IPA. Not a great IPA. Nice bitterness with nothing nice coming through with it. Not bad or anything, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

Had a Brown Paper Bag Project Vlad the Baker earlier in the week, it was fine but just a decent lager.

Having a BPB Shmoake now. Quite strange and unfortunately not in a good way, Sour and lemony but with a hint of salt and smoke. Very light body and just doesn't work for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

8 degrees, Simcoe Rye Ale. Excellent. That is all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement