Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CM Punk Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wish someone would mention or use Punk's "player past and present" in a promo on him :p

Didnt HHH say Beth's name when Punk was on about Stephanie at some stage during their "feud"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wish someone would mention or use Punk's "player past and present" in a promo on him :p

Didnt HHH say Beth's name when Punk was on about Stephanie at some stage during their "feud"

Yeah, at Comic Con when Punk "wasn't with the company". Punk took a shot at Steph, HHH retaliated with a shot at Beth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Yeah, at Comic Con when Punk "wasn't with the company". Punk took a shot at Steph, HHH retaliated with a shot at Beth.

What did he say about Beth, probably something lazy like her being in better shape than "skinny fat ass" Punk.
    God I love that line.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

GTR63 wrote: »
    What did he say about Beth, probably something lazy like her being in better shape than "skinny fat ass" Punk.
    God I love that line.

Hhh said that if punk wanted to return all he had to do was give him (HHH) a call.
    Punk retorted with "I'll tell you what, I'll let you call me, I'm sure your wife has my number"
    HHH done his best to get back at punk by saying "oh I'm sure I can just ask Beth"

But no one really heard it because punk was making his exit after his line and people were going apepoo. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Punk gives off the aura of a scumbag - why are people surprised?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

more importantly, why do people care?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

everything i've heard about punk is that although he comes off as a prick in general, he treats those around him real well, and he's got unshakeably strong beliefs and morals. I'm just surprised (and a bit saddened) to hear he's just another carny prick asshole.

It might just be me bring a mark, but if Punk ever gets busted for wellness, i'm stopping watching wrestling. Or is straight edge & punk just a wrestling gimmick too and brace myself for it? (reminds me of when i found out hogan was on steroids in the early 90s...stopped watching wrestling for years!)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    everything i've heard about punk is that although he comes off as a prick in general, he treats those around him real well, and he's got unshakeably strong beliefs and morals. I'm just surprised (and a bit saddened) to hear he's just another carny prick asshole.

It might just be me bring a mark, but if Punk ever gets busted for wellness, i'm stopping watching wrestling. Or is straight edge & punk just a wrestling gimmick too and brace myself for it? (reminds me of when i found out hogan was on steroids in the early 90s...stopped watching wrestling for years!)

He is a selfish person. Talented, but selfish. Several of his more hardcore fans show themselves up as a hypocrites, when they call him a 'legend' for dating a lot of females. While someone like Lita got called all manner of things for sleeping with Edge.

Being self righteous last year about Jeff Hardy, when he clearly has his own vices away from the ring bothered me too. I know Jeff Hardy is not role model #1, but Punk should have stopped and realised that the business can easily eat less strong people up.

I think it is those section of fans who think he is the best thing since sliced bread at everything (he's not, but very very good in a few areas) that annoy me more than anything else. Many of them write for the websites.

full disclosure, i bloody love punk's work in the ring and on the mic. Although my enjoyment of him has gone way down over the past 2 months.

i'll say that there is a double-standard for men and women sleeping around (which i won't disagree with - it's women who decide if you're gonna get some!) -- i found it best described as :
    a key that opens many locks is a pretty awesome key
    a lock that's opened by many keys is a pretty shitty lock :p

huge difference between sleeping around and cheating on your gf/wife etc though. plus Matt Hardy got shitcanned for it; much like Daffers as rovert mentioned; so there's two bad things Lita did.

what vices does punk have outside the ring?

cheers :)

full disclosure, i bloody love punk's work in the ring and on the mic. Although my enjoyment of him has gone way down over the past 2 months.

i'll say that there is a double-standard for men and women sleeping around (which i won't disagree with - it's women who decide if you're gonna get some!) -- i found it best described as :
    a key that opens many locks is a pretty awesome key
    a lock that's opened by many keys is a pretty shitty lock :p

huge difference between sleeping around and cheating on your gf/wife etc though. plus Matt Hardy got shitcanned for it; much like Daffers as rovert mentioned; so there's two bad things Lita did.

what vices does punk have outside the ring?

cheers :)

He has clearly gone out with a lot of the female wrestlers - and behind Daffney's back, as you posted earlier.

Fair enough, just don't adopt the straight edge mantra (off TV at least), because you are not 'better' from a moral standpoint than the average person.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't count dating a lot of women a vice! As much as being talented and successful is a vice :p Is there anything else?

Bit saddened that a guy i've championed for so long, an outsider who (despite not looking, acting or politiking a certain way) made it big in WWE; who i believed had strong moral beliefs, is a dirty scumbag cheater. Well i guess i shouldn't be shocked, big mark Bret Hart cheated on his wife; Austin's a wife-beater etc. :(

I wouldn't count dating a lot of women a vice! As much as being talented and successful is a vice :p Is there anything else?

Bit saddened that a guy i've championed for so long, an outsider who (despite not looking, acting or politiking a certain way) made it big in WWE; who i believed had strong moral beliefs, is a dirty scumbag cheater. Well i guess i shouldn't be shocked, big mark Bret Hart cheated on his wife; Austin's a wife-beater etc. :(

Never put complete trust in a Scorpio. :)

tiger-woods-on-south-park_250x194.jpg

"Why would a man who is famous and makes tons of money, use that to try and have sex with a lots of different women???"

Its not that I'd defend Punk's bad treatment of women and idolize him for dating and screwing around with many different female wrestlers.

BUT. There is two sides to every story, and as far as I know, Punk's never given his side of the love triangle one. It's easy to jump to conclusions and call him X,Y and Z, but taking one side of a story from someone who was burned is always going to result in hyperbole and overreactions. Again, not saying he's innocent. But I'm more inclined to take everything with a pinch of salt.

That said, everything I've read about him is that he's a tad arrogant, and I'll admit it's a con which has to be weighed up against his many pros. But then I too am an anti-social ****er so maybe I can relate somewhat :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Story I read was Daffney got released by WWE and looked to get back in ROH but Punk didn't help out. She wasn't signed to ROH at the time so (Going by this story) he didn't get her fired.

Punk was already gone from TNA so he wasn't getting in her way of going back there.

Still bad form to block her from ROH but not his fault she wasn't in WWE or TNA either.

As i say, still bad form if true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

That said, everything I've read about him is that he's a tad arrogant, and I'll admit it's a con which has to be weighed up against his many pros. But then I too am an anti-social ****er so maybe I can relate somewhat :P

I'd agree with this. He comes across as arrogant in real life but as you say, we don't really know. But there is a strong chance that he actually is a bit of a díck. Which doesn't really matter to me on screen, if he was booked to his maximum potential he would be amazing. As it is, he's still the only thing in the WWE I currently care about.

My favourite wrestlers are/were Shawn Michaels, Steve Austin, Bret Hart, CM Punk, RVD and The Undertaker. All in various ways have done shítty things (Taker much, much less than the others, he's just over-bearing backstage which is fair enough in his position). Austin being an alleged wife beater being by far the worst and being an example of something actually illegal.

Whilst I don't approve of what Punk seems to do in his private life, he isn't breaking any laws. There aren't any laws against being an a$$hole.

The double standard shown towards men and women is pretty sad in this day and age too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

If that story's legit, i've lost a good deal of respect for Punk. Getting your girlfriend (who you were cheating on, no less) fired is real asshole territory :mad: I guess straight edge doesn't preclude you from being a scumbag.

Well according to the first paragraph on the Straight Edge page on Wikipedia, it does preclude one from promiscuity.

Just reading about here, it also precludes not only tobacco and alcohol, but can also include caffeine and vegetarianism (which, just for the record, would eliminate those cans of Red Bull we saw in his fridge :o).

I don't understand how they banish alcohol and tobacco because they say it poisons the body......... ok so what are tattoo's? Is it not ink poisoning your skin?

I think his tattoo's do look awesome though.

Wouldn't surprise me.

But I love how he portrays the notion of banishing drinking and smoking as cool, as the stereotypical wrestling fan would be known to be a beer drinking young male.

Not sure if this was posted yet, but WWE Euroshop have the 'Best in the World' and the 'Ice-Cream Bar' t-shirts in stock now.

May or not be cheaper than WWE Shopzone if you work out postage etc but could save you a few quid.

http://wweeuroshop.com/product.asp?code=98043

http://wweeuroshop.com/product.asp?code=98044

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

LOL. Dying here. So we all don't like Punk now over his relationships? Shouldn't we all have been more offended that he was attracted to Lita in the first place? As we'd say out Whest: "Shay has disayse written across hur face".

LOL. Dying here. So we all don't like Punk now over his relationships? Shouldn't we all have been more offended that he was attracted to Lita in the first place? As we'd say out Whest: "Shay has disayse written across hur face".

I've never had much problem with Lita tbh; she's the victim of typical double standards. If anything, based on the stories there is about both of them, Punk and Lita seem like perfect matches :P

• Advertisement

Charisteas wrote: »
    Not sure if this was posted yet, but WWE Euroshop have the 'Best in the World' and the 'Ice-Cream Bar' t-shirts in stock now.

May or not be cheaper than WWE Shopzone if you work out postage etc but could save you a few quid.

http://wweeuroshop.com/product.asp?code=98043

http://wweeuroshop.com/product.asp?code=98044

The shirt alone is more than i paid to get it sent from wweshop.com!
    Delivery €7.50?! screw that!

also, i know it may sound superficial, but that one doesnt have the black sleeve and neck:
    98043.jpg

CMpunked wrote: »

also, i know it may sound superficial, but that one doesnt have the black sleeve and neck:

Good eye, never noticed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

Charisteas wrote: »
    Well according to the first paragraph on the Straight Edge page on Wikipedia, it does preclude one from promiscuity.

Just reading about here, it also precludes not only tobacco and alcohol, but can also include caffeine and vegetarianism (which, just for the record, would eliminate those cans of Red Bull we saw in his fridge :o).

I don't understand how they banish alcohol and tobacco because they say it poisons the body......... ok so what are tattoo's? Is it not ink poisoning your skin?

I think his tattoo's do look awesome though.

Just to address the bit in bold... how do you mean "poisoning your skin"?
    I'm pretty sure the fundamental principles of Straight Edge are concerned with "clean living", and having tattoos does not compromise this in the slightest.

Aside from that, who cares about the rest? So Punk is a wrestler, he mostly has dated/been with female workers. No big deal. Without personal knowledge of the ins and outs of his life, it's like the Lita case, nobody else's place to judge.

HATE that Ice Cream T-shirt!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Not too sure how many people on this board watch the darts, but Paul Nicholson explained his CM Punk walk out tribute last night:

The following are highlights from a new interview with CM Punk from the NY Post.

Punk on the accuracy of the new WWE 12 video game: "It’s dead-on, the only thing I would love to see maybe next year is a ‘lack of sleep’ meter. Factor in like ‘Hey CM Punk did media all day and his lack of sleep meter is full’ and then you get a crappy match because of it. That would be really accurate."

Punk on competition with John Cena for the top spot in WWE: "It’s really interesting that nobody has been able to scratch at Cena as the ace of the company. I’ve always been a believer in my own abilities and have said if given a shot I could be that guy. I think John Cena’s appeal is that he’s a superhero, a big muscle-bound He-Man type guy. I’ve beat John Cena in merchandise sales and I won’t get into that but if you put my ugly face on a poster, because I don’t look like a superhero."

Punk on his WWE title match going before Rock & Cena: "I don’t feel slighted about that at all. Rock coming back is a big deal and everybody wants to produce in [Madison Square] Garden. The slogan on the back of my t-shirt is not just as slogan on the back of a t-shirt, I truly am the best in the world. Rock and Cena are going to be sitting in Gorilla when I get done with my match and walk through with my WWE Title and say ‘follow that.’"
    /

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

WWE know what they are doing regarding Cena. They have doing a lot of things you don't normally do with your big face star. He's been getting made fun of, they are doing things to make the crowd hate him even more (him looking rediculous standing on the turnbuckles last night). As far as I'm concerned he's a heel, just not the kind of heel we are used to. Not a cheater or a bad guy in the typical sense of a heel, but a guy looking to be popular but who everyone hates. He's certainly fulfilling the role of a heel very well with everyone hating him and hoping he loses. The WWE wouldn't allow the Rock to do what he did to him last night if they wanted Cena to continue to be the star of the show.

Survivor Series
    Although he always got booed to some extent, WWE recently have recently been making sure he gets booed even more (The Rock's actions, Mick Foley's cheesy "this is your life" thing, Punk's promos about Cena, Cena looking a lot softer recently). I can see him in a big rivalry with Punk for the WWE title the next few months, with the context of Punk's comments about Cena licking Vince's ass driving it. Possibly with a big match at the Rumble

MOD EDIT: Careful on the spoiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

could someone please post the link to the cm punk scumbag/cheater/ story please? couldnt find it over the past few pages

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

CM Punk did an interview with The New York Daily News today and took a few shots at The Rock.

“You know, the thing about that is, he’s not around. He’s not around. It doesn’t help morale when the guy goes right from his limo to the dressing room to the dressing room to the ring. He’s very bourgeois Hollywood,” Punk said.

When asked whether he thought The Rock had really “returned” to WWE, Punk said: “He came back, he did WWE Raw after that. He said he was never gonna leave. And the next time we saw him is a month later. Yeah, it does bother me. A little hello would have been nice. He could have run by with his own entourage.”

Punk then went on to compare his feelings between The Rock and John Cena, saying “I have my beef with John Cena, and I have my things that I don’t like Cena, but you know what? I try to tell him everyday. For The Rock to criticize, come on.”

When asked if he thought The Rock was a “Diva”, he said: “I can’t say that. At least the WWE Divas say hi to me in the halls.”

Advertisement