Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seems like a good deal on coal....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

2forjoy wrote: »
    funny placename but they are actually bagged in Ovens, Co. Cork
    There was also plans to build a crematorium there a few years back but planning permission was not granted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Got another 2 tonnes delivered today. New company are better, albeit through the pallet network. Motorised pallet trucks now! And got 2 bags of slack thrown in free. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

beertons wrote: »
    Got another 2 tonnes delivered today. New company are better, albeit through the pallet network. Motorised pallet trucks now! And got 2 bags of slack thrown in free. Happy days.

Any chance of writing/bumping up the new procedure/ new numbers/ contacts etc for us all here? Tia

Liam Connolly Transport is the new haulage company, 04867722998.

The other number for the coal warehouse is the same.

Call Liam then call coal warehouse right?

• Advertisement

Last time I ordered Vic I think I just rang the Coal Warehouse...paid them....and then rang Connolly

Only saw this now. Ring the coal warehouse. You're better off buying a full pallet of coal, because even if you buy half, you still pay the same delivery. Then ring Liam and organize when you want it delivered. The pallet network are the company who transports it from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Any reduction in price with sterling getting weaker against the yoyo?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭anonanymore

Liam Connolly Transport's truck is too big to deliver to me. Anyone else had this problem and managed to solve it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

The hassle of getting a ton isn't worth the small savings.

Quinns of baltinglass generally have best overall deals.

My fav is 3x housecoal +4 briquettes for €55

http://www.quinns.ie/index.php/your-local-solid-fuel-provider/

They have a few branches about.

• Advertisement

VincePP wrote: »
    The hassle of getting a ton isn't worth the small savings.

Quinns of baltinglass generally have best overall deals.

My fav is 3x housecoal +4 briquettes for €55

http://www.quinns.ie/index.php/your-local-solid-fuel-provider/

They have a few branches about.

Have you read this thread at all?? This is for people living countrywide not just in baltinglass

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

vicwatson wrote: »
    Have you read this thread at all?? This is for people living countrywide not just in baltinglass

You got to love this, would you speak to people like this in real life? or are you simply tough online... the GUY you were talking to was simply trying to help, and to quote you, Have you read the link ? then you know the company he referred to is not just for Baltinglass. it covers a large area..

Keyboard warriors.. what can I say lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Have you read the post? Especially the last line "they have a few branches"

7 in fact, from Tullamore to Naas, baltinglass to Carlow.

But sure like many keyboard trolls, you fail to actually read posts.

sunny2004 wrote: »
    You got to love this, would you speak to people like this in real life? or are you simply tough online... the GUY you were talking to was simply trying to help, and to quote you, Have you read the link ? then you know the company he referred to is not just for Baltinglass. it covers a large area..

Keyboard warriors.. what can I say lol
    VincePP wrote: »
    Have you read the post? Especially the last line "they have a few branches"

7 in fact, from Tullamore to Naas, baltinglass to Carlow.

But sure like many keyboard trolls, you fail to actually read posts.

Lol, call off the hounds please. Quick !

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭2forjoy

Liam Connolly Transport's truck is too big to deliver to me. Anyone else had this problem and managed to solve it?

Liam Connolly is part of a network of couriers and it is their responsibility to deliver to you .
    If the truck is too big , try contacting the www.tpn.ie .

I have seen these yellow trucks in my area a lot lately , so it looks like they are bypassing their network of couriers and delivering themselves countrywide .

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭lenscap

I have ordered smokeless coal and peat briquettes from Kosy King in Co Tyrone. I found their prices very good and they delivered on a day that I requested.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭DaraDali

Whats the number for Coal Warehouse ? tried this number from earlier in the thread from my mobile and its not working.

DaraDali wrote: »
    Whats the number for Coal Warehouse ? tried this number from earlier in the thread from my mobile and its not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

lenscap wrote: »
    I have ordered smokeless coal and peat briquettes from Kosy King in Co Tyrone. I found their prices very good and they delivered on a day that I requested.

they are 40 euros dearer per tonne of ovoids

but its only 20£ for delivery with them, so 360 euros for the ovoids and 25 euros for delivery makes 385

and for coalwarehouse they charge €320 PER TON for ovoids plus about 57.71 Euro for delivery which makes 377

sorry i was working this out for myself, maybe it will give others an idea of costs too, by the way i live in suny south east regarding delivery fees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Not sure is it's been posted here before but how long before a shipment is intercepted :
    There’s now an active online forum which explains how consumers can ring a courier company based in Dublin and arrange collection of coal from a coal warehouse in Co.Tyrone. Customers are also encouraged to ‘like’ the Facebook page, and it now has 7,726 likes. The problem is that many consumers are genuinely unaware that, if they do not personally accompany solid fuel for their own domestic use across the border, they cannot import it without paying Carbon Tax.”

https://hardwareassociation.ie/fuel-smuggling-presents-serious-threat-to-hardware-stores/

• Advertisement

Not sure is it's been posted here before but how long before a shipment is intercepted :

https://hardwareassociation.ie/fuel-smuggling-presents-serious-threat-to-hardware-stores/

But what "border" are they on about in the article !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

But what "border" are they on about in the article !!!

Theres been a bit of a war happening up the north , we had a bit of a falling out with the UK about taking our land off us. Been going on a while you know

They still own the top right hand corner and its technically the Uk

MAD TED

Bazzy wrote: »
    Theres been a bit of a war happening up the north , we had a bit of a falling out with the UK about taking our land off us. Been going on a while you know

They still own the top right hand corner and its technically the Uk

MAD TED

Haven't been stopped at or even seen a border in yonks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Facebook post from Coal Warehouse. Can somebody please tell the hardware crowd as they may wish to police the border.

*******Prices Slashed*******

******New Summer Prices Start Now******

All products reduced by €20 per tonne

Polish Coal €200 per tonne
    Black Diamond €230 per tonne
    Amber €200 per tonne
    Doubles €200 per tonne
    Ovoids €300 per tonne
    Clearflame €300 per tonne
    Countryblend €300 per tonne
    Slack €150 per tonne
    Singles €175 per tonne

To order please call 02887740911

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

With the summer fast approaching I better stock up on coal big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Stocking up now so I can relax that I have winter fuel all ready.

The process is call 02887740911 (I actually got through on 04887740911) and pay for your coal. I was given the option of 25 or 40kg bags and went for the 25's as I have to move them down a long drive.

Then you can call the delivery company Liam Connollys 00442867722998 to arrange pickup and delivery. However they will ask you to send your details, phone number, address and who you have ordered the coal from to bookings@liamconnolly.co.uk. You get an autoreply email followed by another saying they will call you in 30 minutes. They call you back in that time and take payment, 45 pounds sterling. (obviously that only happens during office hours).

Next stage is they pick up your coal and I'm awaiting a call to say when it will be delivered.

Will update how I get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

What's the actual saving over buying local?

First day of summer today.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

It can be quite a big saving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

If I go and pick up something similar the cost from last years prices would have been €450 but I'm paying €360 delivered. I'm also getting the convenience of 25kg bags.

Its hard to compare like with like exactly as its hard to say how the ovoides I'm getting will compare with local stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

my3cents wrote: »
    If I go and pick up something similar the cost from last years prices would have been €450 but I'm paying €360 delivered. I'm also getting the convenience of 25kg bags.

Its hard to compare like with like exactly as its hard to say how the ovoides I'm getting will compare with local stuff.

The ovoids i got were the same as in the south. Might get a bit cheaper after brexit, who knows?

Advertisement