Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Energia dual rate [18% off Elec & 17% off of Gas]

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭CH3OH

mrcheez wrote: »

What happens when you exhaust all of these "new customer-only" deals, and you decide to return to a company you were with previously?

All the comparison sites seem to be concentrating on new customers only.

I was with Airtricity for the last year on a 17% discount paying 15.83 cent ( including vat) .
    Rang Airtricity who are frustration to contact.

First I was ringing too early ( 8 days before contact was due to finish).
    Then I rang the day before and all operators were busy.
    Rang the next day and same story but someone did ring me back.
    I was offered the new customer rate of 15.27( including vat)
    So despite some misgivings , I decided to stay with them for another year.

So advice is :
    either switch again or insist on your current provider offering you their best current discount rate.

What all providers hope is that after the discount expires, that you'll just slip on to their current standard rate... and you won't do anything about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,653 ✭✭✭✭ted1

All the comparison sites seem to be concentrating on new customers only.

because you should ALways Be a new customer!! As soon as your discount is up, MOVE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,866 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

CH3OH wrote: »
    I was with Airtricity for the last year on a 17% discount paying 15.83 cent ( including vat) .
    I was offered the new customer rate of 15.27( including vat)

Hmm has anyone here tried asking Energia for their cheapest "new customer" rate for year 2?

Seems to be called "SaveMe338 Dual Fuel" according to bonkers.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Hmm has anyone here tried asking Energia for their cheapest "new customer" rate for year 2?

Seems to be called "SaveMe338 Dual Fuel" according to bonkers.ie

I asked Energia for a cheaper rate but they weren't prepared to offer anything other than access to a promotions web site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭seanin4711

I was with them since pilot scheme and over the last couple of months they underestimated my readings by almost 300 euro.
    so I got hit for a bill of over 450.
    sling your hook.
    moved over to the new kid on the block panda power,lets hope they dont do the same!

seanin4711 wrote: »
    I was with them since pilot scheme and over the last couple of months they underestimated my readings by almost 300 euro.
    sling your hook.
    moved over to the new kid on the block panda power,lets hope they dont do the same!

This happened to a mate of mine with Bord Gais. I believe the issue is more down to inaccurate estimates provided to them by suppliers rather than the company themselves.

Did you have access to provide the readings yourself? I do this regularly and have had no issues with Energia in this respect (Airtricity on the other hand wouldnt accept my readings, amongst 100 other issues I had with them)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,754 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

sling your hook.

So you have been getting free electricity over the last few months. At any point you could have checked the meter yourself and let them know that they were undercharging.

Either way, why shouldn't you pay for what you have used?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,653 ✭✭✭✭ted1

sling your hook.
    Why didn't you submit a reading? They even send out a email asking you too that there preparing a bill

They might be in an apartment block where the landlord locks access to the meter (at least that's what happened in my mate's case)

• Advertisement

Have made the switch and should save another €300+ which I'll use toward a new TV to use up even more electricity.

And probably back to Energia in a year...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

My dual fuel deal with energia in up in Nov, bonkers tells me the following, I'll be switching
    4vmnno.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Are you guys putting in the actual 12 month usage in on bonkers or just going by the household average? Is there a way to get a report off the energia account to get the actual usage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭kooga

i usually tot up my expenditure for the year and input it in. I was with energia dual fuel up till august but the best option for me when changing was flogas and airtricity

Are you guys putting in the actual 12 month usage in on bonkers or just going by the household average? Is there a way to get a report off the energia account to get the actual usage?

I checked the usage on my Energia bills.

(Total kWh usage over year) / (number of months) * 12

= annual usage

I'm about 50% less than the household average.

kooga wrote: »
    i usually tot up my expenditure for the year and input it in. I was with energia dual fuel up till august but the best option for me when changing was flogas and airtricity

A question about FloGas, do they estimate their usage bills, or do they allow you to submit readings and you pay for exactly what you use?

The sign-up form mentioned something about spreading the cost equally through the year using something like Level Pay, but I wasn't clear if it was optional or not.

• Advertisement

i don't think flogas have a level pay plan...................which suits me as i found previously that these level pay schemes usually owe me money after 12 months.

I believe they meter read, as they are still on paper billing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

i don't think flogas have a level pay plan...................which suits me as i found previously that these level pay schemes usually owe me money after 12 months.

I believe they meter read, as they are still on paper billing.

What has paper bills got to do with anything?

It does not matter what supplier you are with or how you receive the bills. The energy suppliers do not read meters, that is left to the networks.

What has paper bills got to do with anything?

It does not matter what supplier you are with or how you receive the bills. The energy suppliers do not read meters, that is left to the networks.

thanks for correcting me I was wondering how long it would take for this to be noticed considering I posted last September!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

thanks for correcting me I was wondering how long it would take for this to be noticed considering I posted last September!

All in a days work! ;)

Advertisement